75% Off Select Game Downloads at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#31 tranceFusion

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:27 AM

Is Trials 2 on PC any good? I guess you are best off with a controller?

#32 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

Might bite on RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum for $7.50.

I know it was on sale last year on steam or it was a daily deal but this year it is not even on sale. I regretted not picking it up last year.

Amazon link for the game:
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000647281

This made me want to play the original RCT (from 11 and a half years ago), so I played a 40 minute demo to remember the good times, and now I want to play a lot more RCT. Downloading the demo for RCT3, but I'll probably just grab this Platinum collection for $7, since I never played it, but always meant to check it out. Thanks for pointing this out. I don't really want the expansions, and I would be okay with just the original for a dollar or something, but this is as cheap as any of them, so might as well get the latest (from 6 years ago).

#33 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:49 AM

Might bite on RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum for $7.50.

I know it was on sale last year on steam or it was a daily deal but this year it is not even on sale. I regretted not picking it up last year.

Amazon link for the game:
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000647281

thanks for pointing that marvelous game out ! I am ordering 1 for me and 1 for a friend :D

#34 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:26 AM

Well.. I might have to get RCT3 just because of this video... LOL!

#35 kaply

kaply

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

Kings Bounty GotY $7.50 Purchased

$22.50 on steam atm
Armored Princess is $12.50 <- on sale
Crossworlds is $10

Platinum edition for $8.75 which has armored princess, crossworlds and the original game, the legend.

#36 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

Any idea how long this will last? I am assuming "year-end" means till the 31st, but you never know.

#37 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:03 AM

Huh, hate to say it, but Star Trek Online for $2.50 (or $5.00 for the Deluxe version) is probably the best deal out of that. Might be worth giving the game a look if you want to get 30 days of playtime in a new MMO. Is there a trial or referal system going for that game?

#38 Myka

Myka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:09 AM

Bought Dracula Origin for $2.50. Guess it was a good thing Steam didn't let me buy it for $5.

437134.png

#39 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

Wow for some reason I had $5 video game promo credit. So free Christmas present for myself!

#40 cmackchase

cmackchase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:45 AM

I noticed that GTA4 along with the episodes are 12.50, Is this is a legit deal considering what I have read about the PC version. Also noticed that Assault on Dark Athena is 5.00.

#41 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:47 AM

Undergarden for 2.50 and Pripyat for $5? In. Now I can own all 3 STALKER games for under $15 without having played any of them.
Posted Image

#42 weevles

weevles

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

Jeezus, just what I needed--even more PC game downloads on sale. >_<

#43 cmackchase

cmackchase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:21 AM

and to make it worse, the casual side of the game downloads section has a bunch for 2 bucks including puzzle quest

#44 Revenant

Revenant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

This is a little off topic, but does anybody know how DLC works in ArmA2: Combined Ops if you buy it through Amazon? This is a great price, but I'd like to pick up the Private Military Company DLC as well and I don't see that on Amazon.

#45 rayne117

rayne117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

This is a little off topic, but does anybody know how DLC works in ArmA2: Combined Ops if you buy it through Amazon? This is a great price, but I'd like to pick up the Private Military Company DLC as well and I don't see that on Amazon.

I did a quick search for you, and I don't really know what to look for. Here are the Steam forum pages for ARMAII and the DLC, maybe you can ask around: http://forums.steamp...splay.php?f=368

Exactly! We're not only cheap gamers, we're also asses.

"Good enough for me," I say; Life's too short to dwell on $5.

#46 UltraMysteryDopplega

UltraMysteryDopplega

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

I noticed that GTA4 along with the episodes are 12.50, Is this is a legit deal considering what I have read about the PC version. Also noticed that Assault on Dark Athena is 5.00.

The PC version craps all over the console versions if you have a beastmode rig. You get a lot of whiny douches crying because Rockstar put some work into making a game that scales up and isn't a direct port...essentially they're butthurt that they can't max every slider. The console version has view distance set at the equivalent of something like 14, whereas you can put it up to 100 on the PC. You can up the amount of traffic dramatically, add a lot more detail to the effects, run the game in much higher resolution, ect...basically it's not hard to make the game require 10x the GPU power (or more) that the console versions push.

For reference, I have a two GTX 480s and an I7 at 4.2 ghz, and I can max every single slider in the game at 2560x1600 and play smoothly. When I had a pair of GTX 280s, I could play the game smoothly on 1920x1200 with settings far superior to the consoles, but nowhere close to maxed.

#47 solaris389

solaris389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

X-Blades goes up to $9 if you try to buy it. I don't think SBK X lets you buy it at all.
Only trust people who like big butts, for they cannot lie.

#48 jaredhenry13

jaredhenry13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

Undergarden for 2.50 and Pripyat for $5? In. Now I can own all 3 STALKER games for under $15 without having played any of them.

Hmm. I don't see Pripyat as a downloadable game. Can you link me please?
Posted Image[IMG]http://exophase.com/gamercards/][IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/144384.png[/IMG]

#49 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

The PC version craps all over the console versions if you have a beastmode rig. You get a lot of whiny douches crying because Rockstar put some work into making a game that scales up and isn't a direct port...essentially they're butthurt that they can't max every slider. The console version has view distance set at the equivalent of something like 14, whereas you can put it up to 100 on the PC. You can up the amount of traffic dramatically, add a lot more detail to the effects, run the game in much higher resolution, ect...basically it's not hard to make the game require 10x the GPU power (or more) that the console versions push.

For reference, I have a two GTX 480s and an I7 at 4.2 ghz, and I can max every single slider in the game at 2560x1600 and play smoothly. When I had a pair of GTX 280s, I could play the game smoothly on 1920x1200 with settings far superior to the consoles, but nowhere close to maxed.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I might wait a couple days to see if steam has the same price but I will probably get Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, and maybe Metro 2033.

#50 Cornkrise

Cornkrise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

Is it possible to redeem any of these games with your steam account?

#51 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

Highly recommend Arma 2: Combined Operations for $12.50. That is the ultimate military sandbox with almost unlimited options as to what you want to do. Also recommend Cryostasis for $3.25. It is one of the most poorly optimized games I've ever played but the story is fascinating and keeps you going. Just don't go in expecting brutal combat or anything like that. It's more of a first person adventure game with some shooting in it.

#52 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

Agreed that the PC version is beastly. Plus there are some interesting mods that make the city look even better. (and spank my gpu while its at it).

Been looking for a deal on TBOGT for a while. Already own the first episode on 360

1080i is for douchebags

#53 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Wow, Dark Void Zero is now $4.95? Looks like someone doesn't want my business.

I didn't buy The Witcher last year on Steam when the price went from $6.75 to $12. Therefore, I'm not going to humor Amazon is they bump in a similar fashion.

I guess I'll be keeping my sights on Steam's sale.

#54 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

No PvZ available? That makes me sad. :(

#55 UltraMysteryDopplega

UltraMysteryDopplega

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Nail'd seems like a pretty good use of $10. I only played two races this morning but it's definitely a solid game. It's like PURE except the focus is on racing instead of doing silly tricks. The tracks I played were pretty epic, and the game seems optimized well (didn't even hitch or break vsynch a single time at 2560x1600 60fps maxed out). I doubt it has the depth to drop $60 on but it's great at this price, especially for such a new game.

#56 DarkNoghri

DarkNoghri

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

This is actually exactly what I'd like to know, as well.

#57 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

After playing for a bit, I highly recommend the ArmA II Combined Ops package for $12.50 to anyone who likes tactical military games!

I love it!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#58 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

Looks like Amazon just added Mafia II: $12.50

I wonder if Amazon just gives you a code or something since Mafia II is a Steamworks game :?
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#59 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

If anyone buys Star Trek Online (for $2.50, c'mon), please PM me and let me send you a referral email before you activate the game. It helps me get some cool in-game items. Thanks!

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#60 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Has there been any recent word on Star Trek going to free to play? I can't afford a monthly payment (yay unemployment!) but I played the hell out of the beta.