Photo
- - - - -

Brink - A new kind of FPS? Out now! First DLC FREE!

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#91 chrislisting

chrislisting

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

from the vidoes, it seems this is total FPS, as opposed to a FPS mixed with melee attackers. i hate FPS where the enemy rushes you (like bulletstorm) and attacks you hand to hand.

is brink a true FPS? or are there melee attackers if anyone knows?

#92 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

The structure is always 8 vs 8 with the same classes all around. The SP and MP are largely the same, just one being offline and one being online. There is not "different" enemies to run up against as far as I know. It is always a teams based game against another team.

#93 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

you can melee, but there isnt a specific enemy that just melees. also, there arent 1 hit knife kills unless its from a heavy who are really slow.

EightBitArtist.png

#94 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:19 AM

Preview. Not much new, but very positive sounding.
http://www.joystiq.c.../brink-preview/

#95 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:54 AM

Great preview , i'm more excited to play this now.
Posted Image

#96 tcatsninfan

tcatsninfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

So the level cap is at 20? Are there any interviews where they talk about how long (on average) it will take someone to reach that level? I don't mind the fact that it's only 20 levels as opposed to 60 or 80 or something, but I don't want to be Level 20 after playing for a week...

#97 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

Wish there was a demo, but im still considering getting it, especially with 30$ worth of Best Buy RZ Credit coming in the next 2 weeks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#98 n1vek

n1vek

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

New(ish) IGN Article here.

It is primarily focused on the aspects of sound development for the game, but it includes some insight as to how highly customized each faction of characters will be and how their weapons will vary.

Weapons:
I made sure that each faction would have different weapon sounds even if they were using a re-skinned version of the same weapon. Each faction's weapons are designed as different timbres (kind of like voices in a choir). This means that when you hear lots of weapons being fired at the same time in the game, your chances of it sounding harmonious are greatly increased.

I am definitely excited for this title.

Posted Image
:ps3: Click signature card for PSN trophy details :ps3:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#99 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:15 AM

Some of the unlocks from multiplayer

The Medic's Lazarus Grenade
The Lazarus Grenade is an experimental pharmaceutical aerosol bomb, letting you Revive all Incapacitated teammates within its healing cloud. There is a Cooldown period between successive uses.

The Engineer's Command Post Upgrade

Command Post Upgrade allows you to upgrade any Health or Supply Command Post to double its effect on the entire team.

The Soldier's Satchel Charge
Satchel Charges are remote control bombs plantable on any flat surface. You can place up to 3 and detonate them simultaneously.
Posted Image

#100 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

I was one of the biggest proponents of this game.
When I heard the level-cap was 20, they are giving away "exclusive" pre-order B.S.
This would be ok if it were free DLC IMO.
No vehicles (still a rumor)
I put alot of faith in Bethesda then Fallout new vegas...
I may still pre-order only for the reason that I want to play something (although at this point i believe PSN will never come back)

#101 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:56 AM

I was one of the biggest proponents of this game.
When I heard the level-cap was 20, they are giving away "exclusive" pre-order B.S.
This would be ok if it were free DLC IMO.
No vehicles (still a rumor)
I put alot of faith in Bethesda then Fallout new vegas...
I may still pre-order only for the reason that I want to play something (although at this point i believe PSN will never come back)

what does level cap have to do with anything? itll take a little while to reach level 20. what does pre order stuff that is purely cosmetic have to do with anything. who cares? bethesda only published new vegas, they didnt develop it, obsidian entertainment did. psn will be back up by then. dont be a retard.

EightBitArtist.png

#102 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

appararently you don't listen to the cagcast. Let's start with the pre-order shit. That means you get an incomplete game if you don't get everything. Does $60 matter to you? If not find another site. As far as Bethesda being a publisher that is totally true, That being said I didn't see any game I didn't like from them. I don't get what you mean here?! (you know that is called an interrobang, just in case someone asks).
As far as the other IDK how long it will take to get to level 20. I bet not as long as level 60 in UC2 though. That game gave me so much value. I read the other comments and they didn't assert to know the time required to achieve that level.

Don't be a retard! That is just offensive. How about don't go suck balls jackass. That would be better. Atleast they are not tarding again. I am grossly offended that you insulted me with no knowledge base atleast know something before your contemptuousness rears its ugly head,

#103 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

pre order bullshit comes with every game. thats a fact and it isnt going anywhere anytime soon. id much rather have a game give away useless cosmetic only shit than a game that gives away special maps or something else that is much more useful. "boohoo i cant dress up as a doom character. this game is incomplete!" Fuck outta here.

so, let me ask, when you reach a max level in a game, do you just stop playing then? most likely not, so who cares what the level cap is. pretty much all level caps in all games take quite awhile to reach. you reach 60 in uc2 and then just stopped playing cuz of the cap?

your post sounded like you were blaming bethesda for whatever you didnt like about fallout new vegas. making a game good is up to the devs, not the publisher.

when you make a retarded statement stating psn will never come back, youre going to get called a retard. plain and simple. if youre grossly offended, you just need to get the sand outta your vagina. :)

EightBitArtist.png

#104 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

This game soudns better and better. I cant wait to hear what its like and then jump on board. I dumped Killzone 3 already.. not because it was bad, I just played the beta way too much.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#105 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

Yeah... I got rid of KZ3 (only had fun with CAGs). Playing ol' faithful TF2 and now Gears of War 3 until this comes out.

CAG CLAN!!!!

#106 n1vek

n1vek

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

Has anyone heard about any deals on day 1?

Not pre-order DLC, but rather something along the lines of Kmart offering money off the game?

EDIT: Nevermind, just did a search in the Kmart 5.0 thread. It looks like Brink will be coming with a $20 coupon on day 1 that is good towards another gaming purchase. Decent.

Posted Image
:ps3: Click signature card for PSN trophy details :ps3:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#107 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

Has anyone heard about any deals on day 1?

Not pre-order DLC, but rather something along the lines of Kmart offering money off the game?

kmart will have $20 game coupon. i'm going with amazon cause i can sell the bonus for extra money on ebay

new gameplay video

http://www.facebook....150575406445578

Edited by maxim2boobles, 26 April 2011 - 06:41 PM.

Posted Image

#108 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

I disagree politely without arguing. that is not just cosmetic it allows certain guns that are not available to all.
The PSn thing is a joke because it is one of the most boring weeks ever.
The Bethesda thing is a measure of their QA. Huh I knew it wouldn't go away did u?
Actually, I did stop playing a game after meeting it's level cap several times. That being said 60 has changed in uc2 to 80. The whole success of the shooter is in the leveling for me.
Anything else you want to call me on?

Stop making this a fight thread

If you really wanted to know what I think you should check the blogs shit out and you will know.

As far as my vagina it is an awesome pussy sand or not. I like to douche it daily.

#109 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

saying that you enjoy a game less once you reach a cap is ridiculous. especially on uc2 since after 50, you got no incentive to keep going what so ever except for the fact that its a great TPS. the very few guns that are offered arent going to be beasts that overshadow all the other guns in the game. the devs know what they are doing (just look at how they revive people and taking away the lone wolf sniper) and wouldnt mess it up by making an awesome gun an exclusive for 1 store.

EightBitArtist.png

#110 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

I disagree with the past level 50 thing. Then you get "badges of honor." This is a unique chance to prove you have skill.

#111 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

Come on PSN... don't fail me now... er... wait.

http://bethblog.com/...ies-objectives/

EMBED

Some smart design choices for sure. :)

Edited by Saint Noir, 27 April 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#112 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:51 AM

parkour style movement looks really good

Posted Image

#113 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

I disagree with the past level 50 thing. Then you get "badges of honor." This is a unique chance to prove you have skill.

sorry been awhile since i played u2. i mixed 50 and 60(X) up. either way, did you hit X then stop playing till they updated it to XX and XXX?

EightBitArtist.png

#114 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

actually no because I didn't get to x before the update. I did get to xxx and stop. In fact, that very moment.

#115 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

So cool you know when a medic is coming for you when downed.

#116 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

What is your favorite class? I'm picking soldier but it might change when i get the game
Posted Image

#117 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

i have a feeling ill be maxed out on every class eventually. im just really hoping this isnt a lagfest man. hearing its peer to peer kinda broke my heart.

EightBitArtist.png

#118 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:24 AM

Almost everything is P2P on console and a bit annoying. I will probably roll with medic to start and see what evolves from there.

#119 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

I'm gonna go with medic, they always get leveled up a lot faster because you gotta save all the Rambos' running around. Will be interesting. I'm more concerned about the different objectives, looks like there is 3 in any given game........ I can handle objective based game play in MAG, but it's so much different than this game.....I'm so confused.

I guess it's my fault for never playing TF2, I don't even understand that game either.
Posted Image
Support NGAME.TV / Made a permanent switch to Ubuntu...Feels Good Man.

#120 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:35 PM

Brink Wiki

I'm gonna go with medic, they always get leveled up a lot faster because you gotta save all the Rambos' running around. Will be interesting. I'm more concerned about the different objectives, looks like there is 3 in any given game........ I can handle objective based game play in MAG, but it's so much different than this game.....I'm so confused.

I guess it's my fault for never playing TF2, I don't even understand that game either.

I will be one of those rambos so i need all the help i can get
Posted Image