Photo
- - - - -

Catherine (PS3/360) Discussion - Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#1 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

Official site: http://www.catherinethegame.com/

360 vs. PS3 Comparison screenshots:

http://blog.livedoor...s/51675117.html

Frame-rates and image quality are said to be all but identical in both versions, with the only difference being the somewhat superior quality of the PS3 version’s anime scenes.

"Love is Over" Deluxe Edition $79.99 MSRP, includes:

"Empty T-Shirt"
"Vincent's Boxers"
"Pillowcase"
"Stray Sheep Pizza Box"

Details here:
Spoiler

PS3 Deluxe: http://www.amazon.co...04365028&sr=1-2

360 Deluxe: http://www.amazon.co...04365233&sr=1-1

All copies of the game, Deluxe Edition or not will include a 36-page artbook and a soundtrack featuring mixes of classical music.

Pre-order and get the Catherine Sound Disc and Art Book. The 36-page, full-color art book measures 5.25" x 6.75" x 1.3” and is packed with the beautiful character designs of artist Shigenori Soejima. The 11-track music CD features the best musical themes of the game specially remixed by composer Shoji Meguro. Both the Sound Disc and Art Book will be included in the shipment.

Tracklist and artbook cover:
Spoiler

Standard Edition (Currently $57.99 on Amazon) - There are also alternate cover art versions up

360: http://www.amazon.co...04365142&sr=1-2

360 Alternate: http://www.amazon.co...8975111&sr=1-15

PS3: http://www.amazon.co...04365142&sr=1-2

PS3 Alternate: http://www.amazon.co...04365142&sr=1-9

Edited by PrinnyOtaku, 28 July 2011 - 12:00 AM.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#2 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:02 AM

:whee: Oh shit oh shit oh shit :whee:
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:07 AM

Well that is good news. I was a little worried when I heard they had no plans to localize it.

#4 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:29 AM

i heart atlus
2013 Spending Tab

2013 Completed Games Tab

Follow me on twitter

Read my blog
That I update too often.

#5 DoubleEcksZero

DoubleEcksZero

Evil Prevails!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:35 AM

I was wondering what that the email meant when I got it.

#6 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:42 AM

i hope it does i really liked the demo.

#7 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:49 AM

is this an adventure game, an RPG, or is it really just a game with a sex gimmick?
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#8 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

not gonna happen :/

http://www.psu.com/N...-a010804-p0.php
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#9 DoubleEcksZero

DoubleEcksZero

Evil Prevails!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:51 AM

is this an adventure game, an RPG, or is it really just a game with a sex gimmick?

Adventure/Puzzle from the looks of it, I didn't find out about the Demo until the day after it came off of the PSN, so I never played it.

#10 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:58 AM

not gonna happen :/

http://www.psu.com/N...-a010804-p0.php

No plans at this time does not mean not coming out ever. It's PR speak for "we're not ready to make an announcement at this time." That doesn't mean that it will come out, but it doesn't mean that it won't either.

The mods on the Atlus forums are backpedaling on that statement, stating more or less what I said above.

#11 DoubleEcksZero

DoubleEcksZero

Evil Prevails!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:59 AM

No plans at this time does not mean not coming out ever. It's PR speak for "we're not ready to make an announcement at this time." That doesn't mean that it will come out, but it doesn't mean that it won't either.

The mods on the Atlus forums are backpedaling on that statement, stating more or less what I said above.

Though it seems awfully weird they would say no plans, while emailing the consumer base of their games teasing plans.

#12 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:11 AM

Never know, they took a chance on Demon's Souls and it worked out well for them. Based on the trailer it looks bizarre enough that it could get some traction.

Guardian_owl.png

#13 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:30 AM

This has been thrown around in a few Catherine forums. Anyway, do want.
--------

Do you prefer Japanese voiceovers with subtitles rather than the typically localized English voiceovers? A Japanese gaming publisher really wants to know.

It is my pleasure to bring you an exclusive Destructoid survey conducted in partnership with a major Japanese company. We are looking to conduct a relatively informal survey and open conversation on the topic of Japanese titles (especially those that have never made it to North America). At the heart of it they're curious if a product remaining somewhat pure to its Japanese roots might be better received by serious J-gamers in the States. Your answers will be DIRECTLY influencing a significant decision on an upcoming title.

CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE SURVEY

Destructoid

#14 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:32 AM

Been wanting this since I heard about it. Then I played the demo and yea defintely day one buy for me. Persona + Puzzle game sign me up.

Kamagii.png

#15 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:39 AM

This has been thrown around in a few Catherine forums. Anyway, do want.
--------

Destructoid

really it should be
1. dub
or
2. dub and sub

as sony would not allow dub only games to get disc release (yakuza is exception)

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#16 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

The only thing that worries me about the game is that I think it's not a full Persona-like game. I don't know if it's even an RPG (I could be wrong, I didn't get to play the demo). So if it's really a huge anime movie with some puzzles thrown in between cutscenes, then it probably wouldn't do very well in the US.

Now, if the game were bundled in with limited-edition copies of an unannounced Persona 5, that would be a better idea for Atlus.
Posted Image Posted Image

#17 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

The only thing that worries me about the game is that I think it's not a full Persona-like game. I don't know if it's even an RPG (I could be wrong, I didn't get to play the demo). So if it's really a huge anime movie with some puzzles thrown in between cutscenes, then it probably wouldn't do very well in the US.

Now, if the game were bundled in with limited-edition copies of an unannounced Persona 5, that would be a better idea for Atlus.

My impressions from the demo/trailers is that it appears there is a hub world of sorts, being the bar. You can move around, talk to people, play one of the arcade games, and interact with the jukebox. You also get calls and texts to your cellphone from the K/Catherines and others. How you answer will help to determine your ending.

The nightmare is the gameplay time. You are tasked to climb a tower as fast as possible while a nightmarish creature climbs the tower, trying to kill you. Tower climbing is accomplished by moving blocks and avoiding obstacles (and other sheep).

So it's really quite similar to Persona. Daytime = Social Link. Night time = Tartarus/Gameplay.

#18 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

You can move around, talk to people, play one of the arcade games, and interact with the jukebox. You also get calls and texts to your cellphone from the K/Catherines and others. How you answer will help to determine your ending.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, you're right. Well, maybe it will do well if it's released here. I know I'd buy it even if it were just an anime movie with minigames in between...

#19 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

Oh my god, the internet needs to SHUT THE Fuck UP about this "not getting localized." All that happened was some no-name website emailed them, they replied with a standard PR email saying nothing is planned YET, the retarded website claims this is a confirmation that it's not being localized, and the internet goes apeshit. IT'S COMING. Jesus Christ internet. I am so sick of this shit. This is not fucking Scamco we are talking about here.

If I hear one more gullible dipshit saying "IT'S NOT COMING OMG" especially with the two Catherine-colored emails they've sent out....
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#20 murphyspub

murphyspub

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

Forget Catherine. Any news on the Japanese masterpiece Gal Gun?

#21 jello44

jello44

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:33 PM

Oh my god, the internet needs to SHUT THE Fuck UP about this "not getting localized." All that happened was some no-name website emailed them, they replied with a standard PR email saying nothing is planned YET, the retarded website claims this is a confirmation that it's not being localized, and the internet goes apeshit. IT'S COMING. Jesus Christ internet. I am so sick of this shit. This is not fucking Scamco we are talking about here.

If I hear one more gullible dipshit saying "IT'S NOT COMING OMG" especially with the two Catherine-colored emails they've sent out....

But, it's teh internets, overreacting is part of the game!

Yes, seriously, I never even heard of beefjack before this fiasco. Which is probably why they did this in the first place, traffic to their site. Though, I don't think a lot of people will be visiting the site after this.

#22 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

To the internet's defense, an Atlus representative did make a similar statement about having no plans to localize Catherine during a podcast.

#23 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

To the internet's defense, an Atlus representative did make a similar statement about having no plans to localize Catherine during a podcast.

They'll announce it when they're ready. Again, after these two emails there is no way they aren't going to announce it shortly. Atlus USA pretty much never announces things for US release until after the Japanese version has been released (DS Overclocked a recent exception), but they do end up localizing nearly everything their Japanese arm releases. Catherine has been out for all a week in Japan. They aren't fucking NOA or Scamco so I'm not sure why people have so little faith in this being released here.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#24 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just pointing out that the no-name site wasn't the only spot that the statement was made. All in all, it's just as you said: PR speak for we're not ready to announce it yet.

#25 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

I'm 100% positive this will get released here. If I'm wrong I'll eat my hat

#26 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

We need a date!!

#27 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

Still hoping, everything I've seen looks great.

#28 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

The US version has had a release date of June since November.

538822.png

#29 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:02 AM

The US version has had a release date of June since November.

Is that official? Have a source to back that up? I find that hard to believe considering Atlus themselves going on record saying they have no plans as of now to release it here.

#30 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:12 AM

It's unofficial. Atlus hasn't even announced the game for a US release yet. The only site I've seen that actually has the June 1 listing is estarland.