God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#91 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

The login system on the GOW3 site was broken this morning when trying to check on a couple of things, so you may not be able to log into the site and check on the possibility that the bonus codes are still valid or not.

I checked the one that I have and it clearly states that the codes are valid until 03/16/11 on the UCE insert in the game case.

Is that why they are getting sold so cheap? Id like to get the DLC but I dont think a Gamestop employee would save a code for me before they destroy it. lol

#92 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hey thanks for posting that tracker Donkey!

I don't have time to make the trip across the river before work but 3 stores in Cincinnati have them... 1 in Dayton as well.

#93 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

One store told me they had one new sealed, and that they could not sell it to me lol! She said she would have to open the sealed box, remove/discard the extras and sell the game as used! lol @ gamestop. Their f4gottry never ceases to amaze me.

There's probably an accounting reason for this but at some point, you gotta use some common sense.

#94 TheToE

TheToE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

There's probably an accounting reason for this but at some point, you gotta use some common sense.

I know right? Well, good news. My mom was able to score one for me about 30 miles away where she lives. She said the workers couldn't believe that it rang up 24.99 and were like :shock:

#95 qwikshake

qwikshake

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

Grabbed the last one in Loganville. Rang up as $26.99, and the clerk refused to mark it down to $24.99. These are near impossible to get now that enough time has passed. I used the link on the second page to locate a store that still had one. Be warned: all of the stores except one that claimed to have it in stock according to the website were in fact out of stock.

#96 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

I called every store that had one online. 2 didn't have it, 2 destroyed them. Why the Fuck would they destroy these?

#97 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

my local GS don't sell me the sealed copy. It's say $79.99 but when he rang up no show on the computer i told him and he sent email to somewhere! He told it it'll take at least 2 minutes to 2 hours to get response b4 i sell it to me for $24.99. I been waiting for 1 hour getting tired and go home. I'll call he back later in 2-3 hours today. Also, i already had the game i may keep it sealed not sure i want to use the CODE or let it expired in the SEALED BOX!
"Evil is Funs"

#98 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

First GS I went to destroyed their Ultimate Edition contents, but scored a sealed copy at the second store I went to. $24.89 after tax, the employee about shit himself when he scanned it. Thanks again OP!!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#99 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

Fuck GAMESTOP!

I used the stock checker and found a store nearby with them in stock.
Showed up and asked the lone employee if he could check the price on two I saw on top of the shelves and he acted like he pressed a few buttons and told me they are still $79.99. I said OK, and read the thread again to check other people's luck. He looked shocked as if he forgot to pull them.

I asked him again if he could actually scan it and he said it rang up "$26.99," and he said he can't sell it to me new. I asked if he could just cut the seals on the box and sell it to me used then. He said NO. That he has to take all the contents out, tear the guides up and just sell the game. He gave me the whole spiel as if a CAG has been there before for guides. I said the game should have a NOT FOR RESALE upc on it and you aren't allowed to sell it, he then said he would sell it as used.

He proceeded to open it in front of me and remove the contents and open the game up, fucking tard.

Then he tells me the DM is in the next county over and will probably come here next to pull these and that he has to do the pulls himself that the DM knows how many he has in stock.

I said, or you just take them home and put them on eBay. He said he could lose his job for that, I told him this is bullshit and left. There's a seller in my area on eBay that constantly has just GameStop items, I guess he's the DM.

A lot of you guys are going to be wasting your time on this. It's extremely shitty to have something on a shelf, it ring up $26.99 and not sell it.

The only luck you guys are going to have on this is a noob or if you're able to complete the purchase online and pick it up in store, which is unlikely since they've modified their website.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T SHOP AT GAMESTOP

Fuck GAMESTOP

Edited by Muthafodder, 01 March 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#100 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

damn... I'm not even gonna bother with this... I'll check tomorrow morning since inventory is updated at 8 a.m. daily... then I'll know the employees really don't know about this... Fuck GameStop

#101 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

Damn for a price like that even I would bite on this ultimate edition since I'm only a fan of steelbook CE's. No luck here the store said they didn't have one when I called. They probably have it in the back but meh too lazy to drive out there lol

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#102 TMTonPSN

TMTonPSN

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

I checked online to see if it was in stock near me and then called the store to double check and picked it up for $26.99. The box was marked as used but the game is new and sealed and came with the art book + DLC codes.

#103 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

It sucks that the soundtrack code does not work. I guess they have taken it down and there is probably no way to get it anymore right?

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#104 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

2 stores about 10 miles away supposedly have this, I will make the trek after work. Thanks OP

Posted Image

#105 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

It sucks that the soundtrack code does not work. I guess they have taken it down and there is probably no way to get it anymore right?

It was made free for everyone when the game came out. http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=255856

It seems it was taken off the official site as well. But if you want since it was never sold and was given away for free you can look around and find it by other means.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#106 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

Scored at my local one. Asked the guy who worked there if they had it and said "I know exactly what you mean" and went into the back and grabbed it for me. Said he was saving it for someone just like me. O:)

While ringing me up he asked if i wanted any guides - went and grabbed me the Halo Reach CE guide that was pennied along with another one.
Wound up buying Bioshock 2 SE that they still had sitting around, as well. Guy said if I noticed anything else drop on CAG to give him a call and he would hold it for me. :applause:

#107 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Just Snagged one at flowood,ms Gamestop they had about 5 in stock and were still priced at the 79.99 new price but rang 24.xx used. If you already have the game like I did its a bit frowned upon but you can return your copy as the used one you just purchased and get money back. Free collectors edition stuff really. Thanks OP nice grab

#108 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

Scored at my local one. Asked the guy who worked there if they had it and said "I know exactly what you mean" and went into the back and grabbed it for me. Said he was saving it for someone just like me. O:)

While ringing me up he asked if i wanted any guides - went and grabbed me the Halo Reach CE guide that was pennied along with another one.
Wound up buying Bioshock 2 SE that they still had sitting around, as well. Guy said if I noticed anything else drop on CAG to give him a call and he would hold it for me. :applause:

That guy should be nominated for gamestop employee of the year.

#109 aw004g

aw004g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

I'm jealous that you have cool GS employees.

Managed to find 2 in my travels today. Kind of disappointed with the whole thing. Certainly not worth $100
Posted Image

#110 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

No findy locally.

#111 TheToE

TheToE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Fuck GAMESTOP!

Showed up and asked the lone employee if he could check the price on two I saw on top of the shelves and he acted like he pressed a few buttons and told me they are still $79.99. I said OK, and read the thread again to check other people's luck. He looked shocked as if he forgot to pull them.

I asked him again if he could actually scan it and he said it rang up "$26.99," and he said he can't sell it to me new. I asked if he could just cut the seals on the box and sell it to me used then. He said NO. That he has to take all the contents out, tear the guides up and just sell the game. He gave me the whole spiel as if a CAG has been there before for guides. I said the game should have a NOT FOR RESALE upc on it and you aren't allowed to sell it, he then said he would sell it as used.

He proceeded to open it in front of me and remove the contents and open the game up, fucking tard.

Then he tells me the DM is in the next county over and will probably come here next to pull these and that he has to do the pulls himself that the DM knows how many he has in stock.

I said, or you just take them home and put them on eBay. He said he could lose his job for that, I told him this is bullshit and left. There's a seller in my area on eBay that constantly has just GameStop items, I guess he's the DM.

A lot of you guys are going to be wasting your time on this. It's extremely shitty to have something on a shelf, it ring up $26.99 and not sell it.

The only luck you guys are going to have on this is a noob or if you're able to complete the purchase online and pick it up in store, which is unlikely since they've modified their website.

Fuck GAMESTOP

Dude, I feel your pain..I would have been PISSED. Kudo's to you for not getting physically violent with them.

#112 aXemeXa

aXemeXa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

yeah a couple stores 20 miles away have them in stock but after hearing some of these stories i probably won't waste time and gas.

might call to see if anyone can hold it.

#113 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

Anybody have the link for the Arkham Asylum CE (someone mentioned it being 26.99 New->Used Conversion as well)?

Posted Image

#114 htown01

htown01

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

Wow, well ain't that something :D That's excellent.

I was lucky today and found 1 last copy at one of the 2 stores near me. He rung it up and seemed surprised; an older man that looked like the DM was right behind him but he was too busy buried in his binder, noting things down. I guess they're doing inventory since it's almost the end of the 2nd quarter of the 2011 fiscal year.

Thank you very much op :D

#115 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

Fuck GAMESTOP!

Fuck GAMESTOP

It's amazing how everybody's experience differs so greatly. You can't even get much further from this than

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#116 Kuattro225

Kuattro225

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

Got one here in So Cal and the guy rang it $26.99 since that was the price of a used GOWIII in that store, and he also had to peel one of the tape on the side off.

#117 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

Checked two stores, no luck. Employees at both stores knew it was moved to used though and I'm guessing they kept it for themselves.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#118 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

It's amazing how everybody's experience differs so greatly. You can't even get much further from this than

No kidding, all the employee's at the GameStops in my area are arrogant little shits.

I don't know why I keep trying.

The image of today will be burned in my memory for a LONG time and likely discourage me from stepping foot in one again.

Congrats to anyone able to get this.

#119 SpockBlocker

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

Is there any other way to buy this anymore without spending $100 on eBay?

#120 JQUEST97

JQUEST97

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Got one here in So Cal and the guy rang it $26.99 since that was the price of a used GOWIII in that store, and he also had to peel one of the tape on the side off.

If u don't mine me asking what gamestop was this at and did they have anymore?