God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.

I am really tempted to go pick this up tomorrow because I am 99% sure the store that I am thinking of would have it, and the tracker posted above confirms it.

I already have the game though and really can't justify a purchase. Even if I trade the game in that I currently have, I would get $10 making the Ultimate Edition only $15. But really is the DLC and the box really even worth $15?

The Ult Edition shows in stock at 3 local stores. Since it was converted to used regular edition, i guess it doesn't guarantee it will be there, but those are the stores to check for me.

I want this a lot. I'm gonna drive like 17 miles to try and get it after work and the gym today. Right now that link says they have it in stock, so heres hoping it still there at like 5

So I must be gamestop.com retarded, but the link isn't working on the first page - how are we checking to see if local stores have them in stock from the website? I searched for the SKU but don't have anything come up, and I can't figure out how to check local stocks?

[quote name='Donkey132']did you use the one on page 1 or page 2? the one on page 2 worked for me.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/stor...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-fHZJtaaVKC.vkB2dEMoziw[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blitztwn36']So I must be gamestop.com retarded, but the link isn't working on the first page - how are we checking to see if local stores have them in stock from the website? I searched for the SKU but don't have anything come up, and I can't figure out how to check local stocks?[/QUOTE]

Here ya go... This one worked for me...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Here ya go... This one worked for me...[/QUOTE]

Thanks - so which store in the Pittsburgh area are you claiming? I'm in town today and can hit any of the 3 close by - no sense in competing...ha.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Thanks - so which store in the Pittsburgh area are you claiming? I'm in town today and can hit any of the 3 close by - no sense in competing...ha.[/QUOTE]

I'm in VA... I wish I lived in P'burgh :)

well bust by me they do have the game but one issue. the stupid freaking dm in my area told them they had to destroy all the bonus materials and box as its no longer a new item. i swear im totally hating the dm we have in this area now =(.

I recently got the DLC from a friend. I scratched off all the codes and only 1 of them was valid. I emailed Sony and they told me the music soundtrack was NOT VALID anymore. I told the them the only code that worked was the documentary code. They told me there was nothing they could do for me even though it was still a valid code.

[quote name='mr.Dobalina']I got a GS near me that has it in stock...I'm not sure if I really want it...I own the game, but I could give it to a bud of mine...I don't really care for the Pandora's box but I love artbooks and the soundtrack...decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]
I thought all of the 'extras'(including the artbook) were DLC codes, which is why I avoided buying this version.

But for this price I may take a trek to one of the stores with it listed in stock and buy one(or two).;) Although I'll probably have to have friends or family go buy them FOR me cuz I'm still perma-banned from the stores and as such I can't go into the stores to buy em.:lol:

I'm gonna check my GameStop near home, which says it has it in stock. But I don't really feel like going back right after work, so I may end up missing out on this.

I'm not a huge GOW fan anyways, but I haven't played this one, so it's probably worth it.

[quote name='gauu']well bust by me they do have the game but one issue. the stupid freaking dm in my area told them they had to destroy all the bonus materials and box as its no longer a new item. i swear im totally hating the dm we have in this area now =(.[/QUOTE]

DITTO for me. Bust at two locations (one I went to in person and one I called). Both reps stated they had been converted to USED games only-all bonus materials were trashed and codes were invalidated. Wild goose chase, but man, it would have been nice to score one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I thought all of the 'extras'(including the artbook) were DLC codes, which is why I avoided buying this version.

But for this price I may take a trek to one of the stores with it listed in stock and buy one(or two).;) Although I'll probably have to have friends or family go buy them FOR me cuz I'm still perma-banned from the stores and as such I can't go into the stores to buy em.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Stock locator wasn't accurate for me, I went to a store close by that was listed as in stock and the dude said they haven't carried it in a while. Normally it's been pretty accurate for games that haven't been converted to used in my experience.

[quote name='sunghost']Stock locator wasn't accurate for me, I went to a store close by that was listed as in stock and the dude said they haven't carried it in a while. Normally it's been pretty accurate for games that haven't been converted to used in my experience.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I checked this too called the guy said nope we have nothing.

Called again a few mins later spoke to the Manager and she said yea I have them back here in off the floor. So still might be worth checking.

man thats stupid that they are trashing the bonus-dlc-

what happens to the pandora box as long as they give us that id be cool though

[quote name='joshnorm']Honestly I checked this too called the guy said nope we have nothing.

Called again a few mins later spoke to the Manager and she said yea I have them back here in off the floor. So still might be worth checking.[/QUOTE]

So they were in the back of the store? I didn't call the store I went to, I checked it myself.. only way they'd have it is if it was in the back. I called a 2nd store about 20 miles away and they couldn't find it either. I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of trying to get an employee to check the back.

I picked up the last one at the store in pearland Texas. The price was 26.99 but since its considered used, I got to use my edge card. They are also running the same deal on arkham asylum ce so I picked that on up too for the same price. Both are brand new and sealed.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I picked up the last one at the store in pearland Texas. The price was 26.99 but since its considered used, I got to use my edge card. They are also running the same deal on arkham asylum ce so I picked that on up too for the same price. Both are brand new and sealed.[/QUOTE]

Now arkham asylum I would definitely pick up even though I already beat it.

Was a bust for me at a store near me that showed in stock. She said they got the orders last week to destroy or return the extras (she said both, I'm guessing destroyed is what happened).

[quote name='evanwink']Was a bust for me at a store near me that showed in stock. She said they got the orders last week to destroy or return the extras (she said both, I'm guessing destroyed is what happened).[/QUOTE]

If many of these stores are destroying the extras it's probably not worth my time to look for it.. I have the regular edition anyway.

[quote name='Donkey132']the GS I was just at today has it instock, wish I would've known about this while I was out lol[/QUOTE]

Hey u mind if I ask what gamestop this was at?

[quote name='thetruth1983']I picked up the last one at the store in pearland Texas. The price was 26.99 but since its considered used, I got to use my edge card. They are also running the same deal on arkham asylum ce so I picked that on up too for the same price. Both are brand new and sealed.[/QUOTE]

Nice, anyone know the sku for the batman CE?

I went to 3 that showed them in stock, found it at the last one. The 2nd told me they destroyed the extras yesterday. The one I got was brand new and sealed the employee said he hadnt got to it yet.

Its worth $24 but the Box is really cheap not as good as I had hoped it would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']So they were in the back of the store? I didn't call the store I went to, I checked it myself.. only way they'd have it is if it was in the back. I called a 2nd store about 20 miles away and they couldn't find it either. I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of trying to get an employee to check the back.[/QUOTE]

Yea when I called they said they had it in the back (Heard her walking and open a door)

Just got it! Now I've gotta figure out what to do with my original copy. I was planning on selling the game that came with the ultimate edition sealed, but the DLC code is inside the game box :(

The box is pretty sweet, but not quite as solid as I had expected. Badass art book though!

One store told me they had one new sealed, and that they could not sell it to me lol! She said she would have to open the sealed box, remove/discard the extras and sell the game as used! lol @ gamestop. Their f4gottry never ceases to amaze me.

The login system on the GOW3 site was broken this morning when trying to check on a couple of things, so you may not be able to log into the site and check on the possibility that the bonus codes are still valid or not.

I checked the one that I have and it clearly states that the codes are valid until 03/16/11 on the UCE insert in the game case.

[quote name='shrike4242']The login system on the GOW3 site was broken this morning when trying to check on a couple of things, so you may not be able to log into the site and check on the possibility that the bonus codes are still valid or not.

I checked the one that I have and it clearly states that the codes are valid until 03/16/11 on the UCE insert in the game case.[/QUOTE]

Is that why they are getting sold so cheap? Id like to get the DLC but I dont think a Gamestop employee would save a code for me before they destroy it. lol

Hey thanks for posting that tracker Donkey!

I don't have time to make the trip across the river before work but 3 stores in Cincinnati have them... 1 in Dayton as well.

[quote name='TheToE']One store told me they had one new sealed, and that they could not sell it to me lol! She said she would have to open the sealed box, remove/discard the extras and sell the game as used! lol @ gamestop. Their f4gottry never ceases to amaze me.[/QUOTE]

There's probably an accounting reason for this but at some point, you gotta use some common sense.

[quote name='confoosious']There's probably an accounting reason for this but at some point, you gotta use some common sense.[/QUOTE]

I know right? Well, good news. My mom was able to score one for me about 30 miles away where she lives. She said the workers couldn't believe that it rang up 24.99 and were like :shock:

Grabbed the last one in Loganville. Rang up as $26.99, and the clerk refused to mark it down to $24.99. These are near impossible to get now that enough time has passed. I used the link on the second page to locate a store that still had one. Be warned: all of the stores except one that claimed to have it in stock according to the website were in fact out of stock.

my local GS don't sell me the sealed copy. It's say $79.99 but when he rang up no show on the computer i told him and he sent email to somewhere! He told it it'll take at least 2 minutes to 2 hours to get response b4 i sell it to me for $24.99. I been waiting for 1 hour getting tired and go home. I'll call he back later in 2-3 hours today. Also, i already had the game i may keep it sealed not sure i want to use the CODE or let it expired in the SEALED BOX!

First GS I went to destroyed their Ultimate Edition contents, but scored a sealed copy at the second store I went to. $24.89 after tax, the employee about shit himself when he scanned it. Thanks again OP!!

bread's done
Back