God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.

fuck GAMESTOP!

I used the stock checker and found a store nearby with them in stock.
Showed up and asked the lone employee if he could check the price on two I saw on top of the shelves and he acted like he pressed a few buttons and told me they are still $79.99. I said OK, and read the thread again to check other people's luck. He looked shocked as if he forgot to pull them.

I asked him again if he could actually scan it and he said it rang up "$26.99," and he said he can't sell it to me new. I asked if he could just cut the seals on the box and sell it to me used then. He said NO. That he has to take all the contents out, tear the guides up and just sell the game. He gave me the whole spiel as if a CAG has been there before for guides. I said the game should have a NOT FOR RESALE upc on it and you aren't allowed to sell it, he then said he would sell it as used.

He proceeded to open it in front of me and remove the contents and open the game up, fucking tard.

Then he tells me the DM is in the next county over and will probably come here next to pull these and that he has to do the pulls himself that the DM knows how many he has in stock.

I said, or you just take them home and put them on eBay. He said he could lose his job for that, I told him this is bullshit and left. There's a seller in my area on eBay that constantly has just GameStop items, I guess he's the DM.

A lot of you guys are going to be wasting your time on this. It's extremely shitty to have something on a shelf, it ring up $26.99 and not sell it.

The only luck you guys are going to have on this is a noob or if you're able to complete the purchase online and pick it up in store, which is unlikely since they've modified their website.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T SHOP AT GAMESTOP

fuck GAMESTOP

Last edited by a moderator:
damn... I'm not even gonna bother with this... I'll check tomorrow morning since inventory is updated at 8 a.m. daily... then I'll know the employees really don't know about this... fuck GameStop

Damn for a price like that even I would bite on this ultimate edition since I'm only a fan of steelbook CE's. No luck here the store said they didn't have one when I called. They probably have it in the back but meh too lazy to drive out there lol

I checked online to see if it was in stock near me and then called the store to double check and picked it up for $26.99. The box was marked as used but the game is new and sealed and came with the art book + DLC codes.

[quote name='Brother Daz']It sucks that the soundtrack code does not work. I guess they have taken it down and there is probably no way to get it anymore right?[/QUOTE]

It was made free for everyone when the game came out. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255856

It seems it was taken off the official site as well. But if you want since it was never sold and was given away for free you can look around and find it by other means.

Scored at my local one. Asked the guy who worked there if they had it and said "I know exactly what you mean" and went into the back and grabbed it for me. Said he was saving it for someone just like me. O:)

While ringing me up he asked if i wanted any guides - went and grabbed me the Halo Reach CE guide that was pennied along with another one.
Wound up buying Bioshock 2 SE that they still had sitting around, as well. Guy said if I noticed anything else drop on CAG to give him a call and he would hold it for me. :applause:

Just Snagged one at flowood,ms Gamestop they had about 5 in stock and were still priced at the 79.99 new price but rang 24.xx used. If you already have the game like I did its a bit frowned upon but you can return your copy as the used one you just purchased and get money back. Free collectors edition stuff really. Thanks OP nice grab

[quote name='Pookymeister']Scored at my local one. Asked the guy who worked there if they had it and said "I know exactly what you mean" and went into the back and grabbed it for me. Said he was saving it for someone just like me. O:)

While ringing me up he asked if i wanted any guides - went and grabbed me the Halo Reach CE guide that was pennied along with another one.
Wound up buying Bioshock 2 SE that they still had sitting around, as well. Guy said if I noticed anything else drop on CAG to give him a call and he would hold it for me. :applause:[/QUOTE]

That guy should be nominated for gamestop employee of the year.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Scored at my local one. Asked the guy who worked there if they had it and said "I know exactly what you mean" and went into the back and grabbed it for me. Said he was saving it for someone just like me. O:)

Wound up buying Bioshock 2 SE that they still had sitting around, as well. Guy said if I noticed anything else drop on CAG to give him a call and he would hold it for me. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous that you have cool GS employees.

Managed to find 2 in my travels today. Kind of disappointed with the whole thing. Certainly not worth $100

[quote name='Muthafodder']fuck GAMESTOP!

Showed up and asked the lone employee if he could check the price on two I saw on top of the shelves and he acted like he pressed a few buttons and told me they are still $79.99. I said OK, and read the thread again to check other people's luck. He looked shocked as if he forgot to pull them.

I asked him again if he could actually scan it and he said it rang up "$26.99," and he said he can't sell it to me new. I asked if he could just cut the seals on the box and sell it to me used then. He said NO. That he has to take all the contents out, tear the guides up and just sell the game. He gave me the whole spiel as if a CAG has been there before for guides. I said the game should have a NOT FOR RESALE upc on it and you aren't allowed to sell it, he then said he would sell it as used.

He proceeded to open it in front of me and remove the contents and open the game up, fucking tard.

Then he tells me the DM is in the next county over and will probably come here next to pull these and that he has to do the pulls himself that the DM knows how many he has in stock.

I said, or you just take them home and put them on eBay. He said he could lose his job for that, I told him this is bullshit and left. There's a seller in my area on eBay that constantly has just GameStop items, I guess he's the DM.

A lot of you guys are going to be wasting your time on this. It's extremely shitty to have something on a shelf, it ring up $26.99 and not sell it.

The only luck you guys are going to have on this is a noob or if you're able to complete the purchase online and pick it up in store, which is unlikely since they've modified their website.

fuck GAMESTOP[/QUOTE]

Dude, I feel your pain..I would have been PISSED. Kudo's to you for not getting physically violent with them.

yeah a couple stores 20 miles away have them in stock but after hearing some of these stories i probably won't waste time and gas.

might call to see if anyone can hold it.

If anyone could please snag me one SEALED in excellent condition I would gladly pay for it + tax + ship. Only if it's not an inconvenience for you. I could also offer you trades + cash. PM me. Thanks.

Wow, well ain't that something :D That's excellent.

I was lucky today and found 1 last copy at one of the 2 stores near me. He rung it up and seemed surprised; an older man that looked like the DM was right behind him but he was too busy buried in his binder, noting things down. I guess they're doing inventory since it's almost the end of the 2nd quarter of the 2011 fiscal year.

Thank you very much op :D

fuck GAMESTOP[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how everybody's experience differs so greatly. You can't even get much further from this than

Got one here in So Cal and the guy rang it $26.99 since that was the price of a used GOWIII in that store, and he also had to peel one of the tape on the side off.

Checked two stores, no luck. Employees at both stores knew it was moved to used though and I'm guessing they kept it for themselves.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']It's amazing how everybody's experience differs so greatly. You can't even get much further from this than[/QUOTE]

No kidding, all the employee's at the GameStops in my area are arrogant little shits.

I don't know why I keep trying.

The image of today will be burned in my memory for a LONG time and likely discourage me from stepping foot in one again.

Congrats to anyone able to get this.

[quote name='Kuattro225']Got one here in So Cal and the guy rang it $26.99 since that was the price of a used GOWIII in that store, and he also had to peel one of the tape on the side off.[/QUOTE]

If u don't mine me asking what gamestop was this at and did they have anymore?

fuck GAMESTOP[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I went to one that had it in-stock on the inventory page. I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any copies of GoW III. Before I could say I was looking for the Ultimate Edition he starts typing it into the computer. I then tell him I'm looking for the Ultimate Edition he stops typing waits a good two to three seconds and barely looking me in the eye tells me "oh...no." His mouth said no but it was obvious that they did. Either he was holding it for himself or someone else. He shot me that look of "how do you know it went down to $25." I still say people should give it a shot. You just have to get lucky and get a cool worker or a dumb one that doesn't care.

[quote name='JQUEST97']If u don't mine me asking what gamestop was this at and did they have anymore?[/QUOTE]

it was the store in Glendora and I think it was the last one they had.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Just Snagged one at flowood,ms Gamestop they had about 5 in stock and were still priced at the 79.99 new price but rang 24.xx used. If you already have the game like I did its a bit frowned upon but you can return your copy as the used one you just purchased and get money back. Free collectors edition stuff really. Thanks OP nice grab[/QUOTE]

HMMM this is interesting as I was thinking about trading in my older copy....

Is there a consensus if it's best to just show up and ask if it's showing 'in stock' or calling beforehand? The nearest one is 20 minutes out of my way - but I'm willing to give it a shot.

[quote name='Kuattro225']it was the store in Glendora and I think it was the last one they had.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks that was one of the ones I was going to check.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Is there a consensus if it's best to just show up and ask if it's showing 'in stock' or calling beforehand? The nearest one is 20 minutes out of my way - but I'm willing to give it a shot.[/QUOTE]
You're better of going in person. You might get lucky and see it out on the floor. Plus it's harder to lie to someone face to face.

I got 1 today but they opened up the box, opened the game and sell me as a PRE-OWNED copy. Still have everything includes with it.

[quote name='JAlbertL']You're better of going in person. You might get lucky and see it out on the floor. Plus it's harder to lie to someone face to face.[/QUOTE]

True - especially when I generally carry around a baseball bat when I shop. What can I say - I'm an avid fan.

Went to a local GS that showed it in stock, as I went to the counter, I saw a Pandora's box from the bundle sitting out behind the counter. Didn't even bother to ask.

fuck GAMESTOP[/QUOTE]

Damn what an a s s

I called one store about an hour from me and the store manager said we had two of those that sold immediately when lowered this weekend...and he was not able to search stores even with the SKU .... wonder if this is the same store...

Which location?

To all Houston, TX CAGs

Went over to my friend shop and he stated that he sold the only one they have left early in the morning .. he checked for stock around on the PC and couldnt located any of them but stated that its best just to visit the stores .. I went to two locations: Wayside and Gulfgate locations .. none in stock

I've been on the phone with Customer Service after trying to contact Corporate, just due to his attitude about the whole thing.

I was given the DM's number after asking for it.
Left a message and also the Customer Service Reps said they would call me back after calling the store themselves.

They seemed nice about it, which is weird seeing how their staff is totally opposite in my experiences.

I'll let you guys know what the DM and CS agents say if they call back.

This morning I called one of the four stores around me that showed it in stock and was told they had it. Decided to ask him to hold it and then askhow much it was. He told me it was marked down and said it was excited after he saw the price. That transaction went real smooth and even decided to open up a power rewards card to get the extra savings.

After picking up that copy I went to the nearest one but as soon as I saw the open pandora's box on the counter I just left. I called the next one and they said they had it in the back. After asking for the price he checked on the computer and then I heard him ask the other employee who thought it was MSRP. After a few more minutes he said the floor price was MSRP (don't know if he checked the computer or what not.) The fourth one didn't have any in stock.

Eh, at least I got one. Definitely YMMV from what I've seen and other's have posted in this thread.

Found one in Norfolk. Completely unopened. When they rang it up, they looked surprised. $26.99 then 10% with the powerup card. When I called and asked if it was gutted, they responded to me like I was crazy. Obviously didn't get the memo...lol

[quote name='Muthafodder']I've been on the phone with Customer Service after trying to contact Corporate, just due to his attitude about the whole thing.

I was given the DM's number after asking for it.
Left a message and also the Customer Service Reps said they would call me back after calling the store themselves.

They seemed nice about it, which is weird seeing how their staff is totally opposite in my experiences.

I'll let you guys know what the DM and CS agents say if they call back.[/QUOTE]

Good for you! Salida store?

[quote name='Madrocsz']Just Snagged one at flowood,ms Gamestop they had about 5 in stock and were still priced at the 79.99 new price but rang 24.xx used. If you already have the game like I did its a bit frowned upon but you can return your copy as the used one you just purchased and get money back. Free collectors edition stuff really. Thanks OP nice grab[/QUOTE]

Can you really do this?

The irony of gamestop not being able to sell a new game as "used" and having to open it in front of you is killing me. But they don't mind handing you a gutted copy at "new" pricing the first chance they get. And then they look at you like you are the one that is crazy when you decline...

So the first store I went to told me that when the LE's go to the used price, they give away all the extra stuff to customers lol. He told me they had already given out everything, but then asked if I wanted some free guides. Of course I said yes so he gave me 2x Zelda Spirit Tracks CE 2x Dead Rising 2 CE and 1x Lunar Silver Star Harmony. The next store I went to said they've got about 6 in the back, then he mentioned to me that they just marked them as used today so it's only about $25. So i'm like "oh yeah? that's awesome! I'll take 2." So yeah my GameStops kick ass lol. Next time there is something like this, I'll always check the 1st store I went to and try and get the goodies for free :D

That's some shady bullshit.

bread's done
Back