God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Yep, that's pretty fucked up. He can probably get away with it easily, but that sounds like return fraud to me.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it fraud as long as gs take it back and it not fraud. Plus they destroy all the goodies & extra any way ;)

I found one in Phoenix today for $26.99 - the 10% discount ... ended up getting talked into renewing my Gamestop Rewards card, too. The cashier messed up the order, had to call their Tech Support but made up for it by getting my card renewed for another year for free ;)

I'm not complaining!

I called the ones that showed it available and none of them had any, the one store that I saw it at few weeks ago said they threw out the CE stuff and have just the game used-

I really wish we ended up getting THIS version of the GOW III UE here in the U.S. with PHYSICAL CD's/DVD's for the bonus stuff cuz all of the 'extras' being DLC crap sucks:roll:. Note that the EU version also includes the God Of War Collection in the package.

Pic of the yummy yummy EU version we didn't get:bomb::

I feel like a complete dumbass. There's a GS less than 8minutes away from my house that has it listed as available online. I looked up the directions and they were:

1. Left
  2. Left
  3. Left
  4. Left
  5. Right
  6. Straight
And I couldn't find the place. Had to find the freeway and jet after 20minutes since I had classes today =_=. And it'll probably be gone tomorrow too.

You guys can try what I just did. I called the next closest GS to me that had it in stock but was 35 miles away from my local GS. After I spoke with them over the phone they said they could do a store transfer for me as long as the receiving store was willing to take it. They were and so they called me back and said they'd ship the GoW 3 UE over for me to pick it up once it gets there.

Of course, there's the consideration that if they take their sweet time, the DLC may expire but for me I already bought the DLC off of ebay when the game first came out so I don't care if it comes after 3/16.

And oh yeah, thank you OP! You rock.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Is there any other way to buy this anymore without spending $100 on eBay?[/QUOTE]

GoW 3 UE rings up as $59.99 at your local BB (if you can find it).

[quote name='Donut2922']You guys can try what I just did. I called the next closest GS to me that had it in stock but was 35 miles away from my local GS. After I spoke with them over the phone they said they could do a store transfer for me as long as the receiving store was willing to take it. They were and so they called me back and said they'd ship the GoW 3 UE over for me to pick it up once it gets there.

Of course, there's the consideration that if they take their sweet time, the DLC may expire but for me I already bought the DLC off of ebay when the game first came out.[/QUOTE]

I've inquired about shipping items from store to store several times at multiple locations, and they've always said that they aren't allowed to do that.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I feel like a complete dumbass. There's a GS less than 8minutes away from my house that has it listed as available online. I looked up the directions and they were:

1. Left
  2. Left
  3. Left
  4. Left
  5. Right
  6. Straight
And I couldn't find the place. Had to find the freeway and jet after 20minutes since I had classes today =_=. And it'll probably be gone tomorrow too.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't four lefts be a circle?;)

Too bad the price isn't reduced online or you could possibly get BB to PM this.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I've inquired about shipping items from store to store several times at multiple locations, and they've always said that they aren't allowed to do that.[/QUOTE]

I was a manager at GameStop and can confirm there are no transferring items between stores for customers. Managers get a print out every morning of transfers and you are unable to remove/add items. The system cross references what stores have what and goes from there.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I've inquired about shipping items from store to store several times at multiple locations, and they've always said that they aren't allowed to do that.[/QUOTE]

I guess I got lucky. Couldn't hurt to try while you guys call though I figure.

[quote name='Donkey132']So the first store I went to told me that when the LE's go to the used price, they give away all the extra stuff to customers lol. He told me they had already given out everything, but then asked if I wanted some free guides. Of course I said yes so he gave me 2x Zelda Spirit Tracks CE 2x Dead Rising 2 CE and 1x Lunar Silver Star Harmony. The next store I went to said they've got about 6 in the back, then he mentioned to me that they just marked them as used today so it's only about $25. So i'm like "oh yeah? that's awesome! I'll take 2." So yeah my GameStops kick ass lol. Next time there is something like this, I'll always check the 1st store I went to and try and get the goodies for free :D[/QUOTE]

If u would be so kind and tell which gamestop had six in the back wouild really apreciate it. Trying to score one before they are completely out

Thanks

Got the "last" one at Chatham Ridge on 87th near Chicago. The manager was very polite and said she'd probably snag the last one for her son right after my transaction, but I can't confirm that she actually did that as I left the store. Still, I'd sooner have the game go to someone who'll play it as opposed to reselling it on eBay.

So I couldn't resist and I ended up with 4 of these things. There should still be 2 more if anyone else lives in the Antelope Valley area.

[quote name='technicalstylez']the dlc expires on 3/16/11 which is in 2 weeks. just a heads up.[/QUOTE]
A CAG mentioned in this thread that the soundtrack download code no longer works. What other DLCs that might not work anymore? I think the UE comes with the following DLCs (in vouchers):

• God of War Combat Arena
  • Dominus skin
  • God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary
  • God of War Trilogy Soundtrack (no longer works?)
  • God of War: Blood and Metal EP (no longer works?)
I heard some of these DLCs have been made available through PSN now (not sure free/paid).

Any insight as to which voucher codes still work?

[quote name='Masterkyo']I don't think it fraud as long as gs take it back and it not fraud[/QUOTE]

Nice argument there. What are you doing arguing about the morality of an action when your sig is "evil is fun"? That some GS's throw away the items doesnt matter, because the one he went to obviously did not. Any CAG in this thread would have loved the oppurtunity to pay $25 for what he got free. It is return fraud, he is not returning what he had just bought, but oh well.

[quote name='eau']A CAG mentioned in this thread that the soundtrack download code no longer works. What other DLCs that might not work anymore? I think the UE comes with the following DLCs (through voucher codes):

• Dominus skin
I heard some of these DLCs have been made available through PSN now (not sure which ones or free/paid).

Any insight as to which voucher codes still work?[/QUOTE]

Everything but the soundtrack still works. Many codes like that are valid past their expiration date anyway. If it does expire, all of the UE DLC, and more can be purchased on the PSN store

[quote name='eau']A CAG mentioned in this thread that the soundtrack download code no longer works. What other DLCs that might not work anymore? I think the UE comes with the following DLCs (in vouchers):

• Dominus skin
I heard some of these DLCs have been made available through PSN now (not sure free/paid).

There are 3 total codes, 2 worked for me this morning, its just the soundtrack code that has expired.

1 code had the combat arena and skin
1 code for the documentary
1 code for both the soundtracks

EDIT- ninja'd by Xenogears

Just entered the code for the Arena + Skin and it worked

Just entered the code for the documentary and it worked.

Will try the music one after im done downloading the docu

Thanks CAG! I think I got the last copy that was on the top left corner in the celing of the PS3 games. I didn't want to screw this up at all. The look on cashiers face was priceless thou. I don't know what to do with it exactly. I guess I will use it to help me get Earthbound!

[quote name='eau']A CAG mentioned in this thread that the soundtrack download code no longer works. What other DLCs that might not work anymore? I think the UE comes with the following DLCs (in vouchers):

• Dominus skin

they gave away the dominus skin and combat arena to plus members. and i believe someone posted a link a while after the game released here where you could dl both of the soundtracks.

[quote name='cRodz']cant believe this was 99.99 at some point[/QUOTE]

lol i cant believe how close i was to buying it. im still mad i paid full price for the regular version but i was sooooooooooooo close to dropping 100 for the ue.

[quote name='cRodz']cant believe this was 99.99 at some point[/QUOTE]
This is what I was thinking, I would have been a little pissed off if I would have bought this at that price. Pandoras box feels pretty cheap, and theres a lot of wasted space inside of it. That big box for the game and a art book!? For $24 though, I feel its a nice freebie since I was looking to buy GOW3 anyways.

[quote name='eau']Have you tried the official site to redeem your soundtrack code?

http://www.godofwar.com/music/[/QUOTE]
That worked! Thanks:bouncy:

I just successfully redeemed the voucher for the music

You must got to www.godofwar.com/music and enter the code. You will then be taken to a log on where you must enter your PSN log on and password. You will then be able to download the music.

I am currently downloading the music, so it DOES work

Just curious, do they make you download the music to your PS3 first? From there you move it to an external HDD or a thumb drive if you want it on a PC / iPod?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I feel like a complete dumbass. There's a GS less than 8minutes away from my house that has it listed as available online. I looked up the directions and they were:

1. Left
  2. Left
  3. Left
  4. Left
  5. Right
  6. Straight
And I couldn't find the place. Had to find the freeway and jet after 20minutes since I had classes today =_=. And it'll probably be gone tomorrow too.[/QUOTE]
I literally had left right left directions as well. It's like a store that's half the size of bigger B&Ms, run by one guy, in the middle of nowhere. And it's twelve to fifteen miles from my house. Anyway, the employee was kind enough to hold the only copy for me. When I arrived, he was like, "We've had this forever. After you called, three other people called asking about it. I wonder what that was about." Phew.

Tried my local GS this morning... only one is South San Diego that shows in stock.

Cashier smirked as she looked it up in the system. I knew right then there something was up.

She said "I don't think we have any more", without even looking, and proceeded to call the next closest GS. She asked specifically over the phone for the one with the Pandora's box, etc. etc. She knew the extra contents like they were written on the back of her hand! She said sorry and suggested I call around to the other GameStops.

I thought I was just being bitter because of my last GS experience (and also because they probably really didn't have one), but then she told me flat out "the collector's editions that are marked [used] like this one are typically up for grabs by the employees".

Reminds me of the CoD:BO 1 cent wallet kit ordeal, when 2 employees actually laughed and bragged to me that they "threw" out a box of them yesterday, using air quotes.

Only stores I'm ever lucky with clearances are Target and Sears :(

So what's the overall thoughts on the UE? I have GOW3 - unopened (already posted it on craigslist this afternoon, no bites yet), and am a sucker for collector's editions. I'd really only be getting this for Pandora's Box for my 'man cave' - I know it sounds like it's pretty cheap feeling, but how's the overall look to it?

I was going to two birds with one stone and try and get the Halo: Reach Legendary edition as well (I also have Reach, unopened - trying to flip on craigslist). I just need to stop buying games and holding them when I have no intention of playing them for months - freaking huge backlog coupled with a 60 hour a week job = no time to play games. Otherwise it'd be a no-brainer to buy.

[quote name='SleepyInsomniac']Got the "last" one at Chatham Ridge on 87th near Chicago. The manager was very polite and said she'd probably snag the last one for her son right after my transaction, but I can't confirm that she actually did that as I left the store. Still, I'd sooner have the game go to someone who'll play it as opposed to reselling it on eBay.[/QUOTE]

i actually know where that's at--there's one closer to me though that says it has it--but now i know i have competition for sure when toys r us stuff pops up.;)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its downloading straight to my PC[/QUOTE]
Does it show up in your Download List in your PSN account too?

When I redeemed my preorder bonus code for Ghost of Sparta, the soundtrack shows up in my PSN download list (along with other items bundled in the code). I could only download it to a PS3. Well, at least I could download it again anytime since it's in my PSN download list.

I didnt check my PSN downloads, I will look and get back to you

Ok I just checked, it does not show up under my download history

[quote name='blitztwn36']So what's the overall thoughts on the UE? I have GOW3 - unopened (already posted it on craigslist this afternoon, no bites yet), and am a sucker for collector's editions. I'd really only be getting this for Pandora's Box for my 'man cave' - I know it sounds like it's pretty cheap feeling, but how's the overall look to it?

.[/QUOTE]Its does feel cheap like I said, but I'll admit, it does look pretty damn cool.

I just want a Dominus skin :(, but none of my stores had them. I know I can buy it on PSN for $3, but would anyone be willing to give me their Dominus code?

[quote name='blitztwn36']So what's the overall thoughts on the UE? I have GOW3 - unopened (already posted it on craigslist this afternoon, no bites yet), and am a sucker for collector's editions. I'd really only be getting this for Pandora's Box for my 'man cave' - I know it sounds like it's pretty cheap feeling, but how's the overall look to it?

I was going to two birds with one stone and try and get the Halo: Reach Legendary edition as well (I also have Reach, unopened - trying to flip on craigslist). I just need to stop buying games and holding them when I have no intention of playing them for months - freaking huge backlog coupled with a 60 hour a week job = no time to play games. Otherwise it'd be a no-brainer to buy.[/QUOTE]
The art book is pretty nice. tons of pages in it.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I just want a Dominus skin :(, but none of my stores had them. I know I can buy it on PSN for $3, but would anyone be willing to give me their Dominus code?[/QUOTE]
It only costs you $2.99 and you don't have to beg. They'll even throw in the Combat Arena dlc for free!!! :roll:

You can even get it here too if you have GS credit to burn or simply don't want to deal with PSN card or wallet.

I'm pretty positive that you can get the Unearth the Legend movie via PSN for a price too. Since I'm at work I can't check. Pretty much you can get all the DLCs from the Ultimate Edition one way or the other.

[quote name='youenvy']i actually know where that's at--there's one closer to me though that says it has it--but now i know i have competition for sure when toys r us stuff pops up.;)[/QUOTE]
lol. I have no car so I have to take a blue line train and then ride a bus all the way to the nearest Toys 'R Us. It's amazing how many game retail stores the heart of downtown Chicago lacks.

[quote name='eau']It only costs you $2.99 and you don't have to beg. They'll even throw in the Combat Arena dlc for free!!! :roll:

You can even get it here too if you have GS credit to burn or simply don't want to deal with PSN card or wallet.

I'm pretty positive that you can get the Unearth the Legend movie via PSN for a price too. Since I'm at work I can't check. Pretty much you can get all the DLCs from the Ultimate Edition one way or the other.[/QUOTE]

Does it really bother you that much that I asked? I've already stated that I'd rather not pay $3 for an extra skin (but would be fine paying $25 for the game, with all the extras).
It doesn't hurt to ask, maybe someone just wanted the box, and didn't want to use the codes?

The artbook is small, but still nice. Pandora's box feels like a cheap plastic, but it is well-made, and how the lid opens and closes is kind of cool. The documentary was ok, its just some history channel thing, that was kind of lacking in my opinion, but still worth watching. The other DLC was pretty worthless to me, but still ok. Even if you have the game already, for the price it's still a no-brainer to buy it. All that extra stuff is easily worth $10 to $20 dollars.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Does it really bother you that much that I asked? I've already stated that I'd rather not pay $3 for an extra skin (but would be fine paying $25 for the game, with all the extras).
It doesn't hurt to ask, maybe someone just wanted the box, and didn't want to use the codes?[/QUOTE]

Their response wasn't that "bothered." Its $3 bucks. Just pay it and be proud you didnt resort to pandering for handouts to get it

That is why I like physical content they never expire.

bread's done
Back