wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
3902 replies to this topic

#3511 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Decent game for $0.99 with very easy achievements. Most will get bored of it very quickly.

I've been waiting ages for Fable Coin Golf to be DOTW and hoped they'd drop it this week, but guess the wait continues. I'm strictly not buying it on principle now.

Microsoft Bingo (Win 8) is now free in the U.S. It was only Canadian for a while.

Highly doubtful Coin Golf ever sees another sale, as it is WP7 only.

#3512 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

It looks like Glacier Blast is out for Win8 in the US. I finished the game a month ago from the Canadian Market. Easy complete.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3513 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

It looks like Glacier Blast is out for Win8 in the US. I finished the game a month ago from the Canadian Market. Easy complete.

Thanks. Downloading that and Bingo

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Destiny Beta (X1)  - Next Week on YouTube: Destiny Beta (X1)

This Weekend on Twitch:  Garry's Mod (PC), Destiny Beta (X1)

#3514 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

Rayman is out and it is great as usual (thanks for the heads up at WPC Mr. Rubino). There's a free Windows 8 game also, but it is only in Canada currently.

Edit: Forgot to mention, mother of pur there are a ton of Flappy Bird games. At least 20 out of 50 new & rising are Flappy Birds clones or variants. This is the first time on WP that I noticed a game get so many clones in such a short time.

This Week on YouTube: Destiny Beta (X1)  - Next Week on YouTube: Destiny Beta (X1)

#3515 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Rayman is out and it is great as usual (thanks for the heads up at WPC Mr. Rubino). There's a free Windows 8 game also, but it is only in Canada currently.

Edit: Forgot to mention, mother of pur there are a ton of Flappy Bird games. At least 20 out of 50 new & rising are Flappy Birds clones or variants. This is the first time on WP that I noticed a game get so many clones in such a short time.

It's weird that  cannot find the game by searching on my phone or on the website. I have to use the link on WPC to get to the page. I don't have space on my phone anyway, so until I can finish a couple of games I can't download this unfortunately.

It looks like the pulled it back for some reason. The page says: "no longer available".

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3516 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

NBA Jam is WP red stripe

#3517 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

So it looks like Rayman Fiesta Run has been pulled from all market places including India for both WP & Win8. Hopefully this is only temporary. I really wanted to buy the Win8 version yesterday. :(

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3518 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

NBA Jam (WP) is fun for about 20 games, but they expect you to win 222 games that are 8 minutes each to get all the achievements. That's about 30 hours to complete it.

Throne Together (W8) is now available in the US for free.

#3519 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Throne Together (W8) is now available in the US for free.

For a minute there I forgot what this game was......Ugh! It's that Tetris-ish game. I guess at least it's free.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3520 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

I haven't tried Throne Together yet, but all the reviews and forums seem to suggest that's it's the typical freemium "pay-to-win" hell that most free games seem to be these days.

I'd willingly pay $1 or $2 to be able to play these games normally, but the microtransaction prices are always ridiculous with some stuff going for more than the price of a full retail game.

#3521 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Anybody that was able to get the new Ray able to get all the lums in level 29 Pinball Cook?

I watched videos of the game being played on other devices and it looks like my game is missing 3. I'm curious if it is just me or everybody is affected.

It is the last level I need and I'm curious if anything unlocks for beating everything.

EDIT:

www.flapmmo.com works really well on Lumia 1020 as long as you watch your tap speed. Quick double taps can mess the game up. When first loading the game, give it 20-30 seconds to fully load. You'll notice frame rate problems until then. My high score on PC is 71 and on WP8 it is 61.

#3522 ohmz

ohmz

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

Red Stripe deal is Shot 1UP fo $0.99 this week. Also $0.99 for Doom & Destiny.

#3523 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Field & Stream Fishing seems to be the Win8 Live Enabled Red Stripe Deal for $2.49.

#3524 LifeMakesMeLOL

LifeMakesMeLOL

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

Sooo yesterday I got a Lumia 928, being my first smartphone ever. Enjoying the hell out of it, but what are some of the best Xbox mobile games? I've got some of the stuff everybody already knows about--Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Jetpack Joyride, the free stuff like Uno and solitaire--but I'm looking for both fully fleshed out games and some cheap, easy achievement completions (I'm an achievement whore.)

Any recommendations?

E2xQaEU.gif

Currently Playing

Spoiler
Backlog
Spoiler

#3525 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

Sooo yesterday I got a Lumia 928, being my first smartphone ever. Enjoying the hell out of it, but what are some of the best Xbox mobile games? I've got some of the stuff everybody already knows about--Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Jetpack Joyride, the free stuff like Uno and solitaire--but I'm looking for both fully fleshed out games and some cheap, easy achievement completions (I'm an achievement whore.)

Any recommendations?

Collapse is by far the easiest. 15-30 mins for 100%. Shark Dash and Roll in the Hole are in the group of runner-ups. Just to give you a few.

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#3526 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

I got 200 GS from Kinectimals pretty easily. It does take awhile though.

Temple Run 2 is free, and it's a fun, fairly easy 200 GS.

#3527 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

There are a lot of good ones. I recommend playing through the free ones first while checking out the trials for weekly sales. Then start playing the paid stuff.

Since it is your first smartphone, you can probably spend hours with non-gaming apps alone. There are a ridiculous amount of things you can do with a smartphone.

EDIT: I for got mention Windows Phone Central (WPC). That is where I find out about 90% of apps that I download.

EDIT 2: Just found out about free Fifa 14 from WPC. Haven't gotten a chance to check out the achievements yet.

#3528 ohmz

ohmz

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

New Red Stripe Deal is Real Racing 2 for $1.99.

#3529 lazyNeighbour

lazyNeighbour

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Damn I would love to get this game, even though my phone is 512mb, but I probably will upgrade in future, this would be great to play on a new phone. Why I can't give you my money MS? :<

#3530 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Throne Together is out for the WP8. It's free ofcourse.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3531 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Bejeweled Live is the Win8 Red Stripe deal.  Down from $3.99 to $2.49 in the US.  Any recommendations of Bejeweled?  New to win 8 so I don't know if I should wait for a lower price.

Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#3532 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Bejeweled Live is the Win8 Red Stripe deal.  Down from $3.99 to $2.49 in the US.  Any recommendations of Bejeweled?  New to win 8 so I don't know if I should wait for a lower price.

It's a fun game. It's essentially Bejewled 3. I was on sale just recently for the same price. 

I don't think it will be offered for a cheaper price anytime soon. So if you're interested in it I would recommend grabbing it.

I think the lowest a Win8 game can be offered for is $1.49 and VERY few games actually go that low. 

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3533 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Anyone else having trouble loading Real Racing 2? I downloaded the demo, but when I try to play it, it shows the EA screen for a minute, then goes back to my phone's home screen.

I really want to play it, but if I can't load the demo, chances are I can't load the full game if I bought it.

I have a Nokia Lumia 900 WP7.

#3534 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Working fine on Lumia 1020.

Rayman Fiesta got an update the other day. Missing lums are in the game now. Not sure what else has been changed/fixed. I'd be more disappointed about not unlocking anything for getting 72 crowns if the game wasn't so fun.

#3535 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Totally going to hijack this thread for a minute but as WP users how do you think the app ecosystem for WP is doing?  Is it noticeably growing?  Are the sales on apps frequent?  How often do things go free?

I ask because it's hard to get a sense when you don't know anyone with one and I'm really leaning towards upgrading to the Lumia 1520 over the Note 3 at the moment.  Never was really happy with Android and WP has been awful tempting since the 1020 came out, and if the 1520 had that camera module (or the 1020 better specs) I wouldn't even be hesitating.  I really don't do a ton of app stuff since I really just use my phone for the camera and mobile interneting so a weaker app store isn't a deal breaker, it's just nice to know that there is a decent or growing selection if I do end up wanting/needing something.  Of course any thoughts on the 1520 itself are quite welcome too. :-)

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#3536 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

We recently had our first major clone flooded marketplace that I could remember with Flappy Bird. As horrible as it has made marketplace, it also means there are a lot of indie devs putting work into the OS.

Check out Windows Phone Central. They usually have news about how well the OS is doing. I believe it just passed up Blackberry to take #3 spot in U.S.

Might want to wait for 8.1 to come out. That will have a lot of new features.

#3537 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Follow up on my Real Racing 2 WP7 problems. The demo would never load for me no matter how many times I tried. Well, I took a chance and deleted the demo and bought the full game, and the full game itself loads fine and plays with no issues. Seems odd how the demo never worked but the full game doesn't have the same problems. Pretty decent racer for $1.99 and more enjoyable than the chaotic, but still fun, Asphalt 5.

#3538 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

Is Rayman Fiesta Run significantly better than Jungle Run? I bought Jungle Run when it was on sale after all the rave reviews, and honestly I found it to be one of the most overrated games I have ever played. Sure it's pretty, but the gameplay is repetitive and kind of boring. Plus the achievements are unnecessarily hard. Just wondering if Fiesta run offers more variety or improves upon the formula in any way.

#3539 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:29 AM

Does anybody by chance play Kingdoms and Lords?

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#3540 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

Does anybody by chance play Kingdoms and Lords?

I do .....or rather did!

MrzombieChicken.jpg