wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
4118 replies to this topic

#3631 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Anyone know if there are any hidden camera apps that run? 8.1 killed my battery life and when I look at usage the camera is 2nd on the list even though I wasn't using it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#3632 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Multiple tech sites are reporting that as of yesterday, Halo: Spartan Assault and Skulls of the Shogun are now universal apps between WP and Win 8.

#3633 DaKidRob

DaKidRob

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

Multiple tech sites are reporting that as of yesterday, Halo: Spartan Assault and Skulls of the Shogun are now universal apps between WP and Win 8.

Was wondering what that lil icon was for on it..

#3634 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Interesting! So does that mean since I bought Halo: SA last week for Win8, I can now get it free on WP? It must suck for people who paid for both last week when they went on sale.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3635 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Interesting! So does that mean since I bought Halo: SA last week for Win8, I can now get it free on WP? It must suck for people who paid for both last week when they went on sale.

Seems so. Apparently you need 8.1 on your phone because of the newer store version and the process isn't super clear. I've heard if you own it on Win8 and go into the store on your phone and hit buy it'll tell you that you already own it, but I can't try it out for myself and confirm.

#3636 DaKidRob

DaKidRob

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

I try buying both but my memory for my surface 2 and windows 8 phone was full.. so hopefully and does that mean are we not going to have separate achievements?

#3637 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

It must suck for people who paid for both last week when they went on sale.

Not me. I was not one of them. I definitely did not fall for that and buy both games. :^o

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#3638 chupon

chupon

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

The Windows 8 Red Stripe Deal is Shark Dash

#3639 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

It has been working for some people. I haven't been able to get it to work from WP to Win8 for Skulls. Even after getting a Marketplace update today. Probably will be more available once 8.1 is closer to official release.

I try buying both but my memory for my surface 2 and windows 8 phone was full.. so hopefully and does that mean are we not going to have separate achievements?

Should still have separate achievements, at least for the games currently released (like Spartan Assault and Skulls).

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   
This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), The Evil Within (X1)
This Weekend on Twitch:  Killer Instinct Season 2 (X1), Project Spark (X1), The Evil Within (X1)
Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#3640 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

Just throwing this out there, ebay has 1020 for $390, I just bought one as my secondary windows phone.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3641 DaKidRob

DaKidRob

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

How much is it without redstripe? Ain't it like 1.49?

#3642 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

I bought it on WP last week and it's still trying to charge me on Win8.  It looks like I got screwed.

#3643 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Sweet! I almost picked this one up last week, but got side tracked. I thought MS didn't allow the price for Win8 games to go below $1.49. I'll pick this up later today. LOL $1 saved. I'll probably just pick the WP version with it.  :)

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3644 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

How much is it without redstripe? Ain't it like 1.49?

$1.99. I just checked from the trial by clicking purchase full version. Even now that it's on sale, upgrading in-game to full still asks for $1.99

On those freebies, is there anyway to download the games so that when I do upgrade from my 521 I'll have those games available to me? Similar to an Xbox game. Download it on the website then it'll be in your download history for when you really need it.

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#3645 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Sweet! I almost picked this one up last week, but got side tracked. I thought MS didn't allow the price for Win8 games to go below $1.49. I'll pick this up later today. LOL $1 saved. I'll probably just pick the WP version with it. :)

They recently announced new pricing tiers.

I'm hoping Shark Dash becomes universal. Just got it free on 1020

This Weekend on Twitch:  Killer Instinct Season 2 (X1), Project Spark (X1), The Evil Within (X1)

#3646 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

New Free Windows 8 game on the Canadian Marketplace. It's a poor man's Peggle.

Secrets and Treasure: The Lost Cities

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#3647 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

Some EA games are on sale on WP.  Most are $1.99

Fifa 14 (Don't know the price as my phone doesn't support this game so I can't view the page.)

Plants Vs Zombies $2.99

The Sims 3 $3.99

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit $2.99

Life

Trivial Pursuit

iBomber Defense

Blobster

Jet Set Go

Risk

#3648 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

I thought Fifa 14 is supposed to be free. Maybe that was a limited time offer.

A few months ago, I was looking for a Killer Instinct app that showed move lists so that I could look at them without pausing my game. I didn't find any. All the Killer Instinct apps were from before Xbox One came out. They were horribly outdated. I heard making apps on Windows Phone was supposed to be easy with App Studio, so that's exactly what I did. Took maybe a couple hours to make, but most of that was testing what it would look like on my phone and changing small details. With 8.1, you are able to project your screen to your PC. I know you could before, but it was more of a slideshow and didn't look smooth at all (unless there was a way I didn't know about). Because of this, I made a video of the app and put it on YouTube. If anybody is interested in it, let me know and I can send you a link to it. You will need an App Studio account and Windows Phone 8 or 8.1, unless they changed something.

It is missing Spinal and Fulgore. If I can figure out how to publish it to the Marketplace, I'll see about adding them. I wouldn't release it to the Marketplace without them.

Note that I didn't make the move lists themselves. They were made by dav3yb at SRK. He gave me permission to use them in the app and offered to make Spinal/Fulgore several months ago. I'm hoping that offer still stands.

#3649 ohmz

ohmz

Frequency Ass Bandit

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

I thought Fifa 14 is supposed to be free. Maybe that was a limited time offer.

It's still free, you can look at any game on the web store like this.

#3650 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

Anyone know if those Nokia games for select devices are still free? They never said anything about that promotion so I don't know what's going on with it. Won't have my phone ordered and delivered until the 22nd.

663892.png?17663317

#3651 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

Some EA games are on sale on WP. Most are $1.99

Fifa 14 (Don't know the price as my phone doesn't support this game so I can't view the page.)
Plants Vs Zombies $2.99
The Sims 3 $3.99
Life
Trivial Pursuit
iBomber Defense
Blobster
Jet Set Go
Risk

I'd probably pick a few up if we didn't get a bunch of free games earlier this week.

#3652 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

Anyone know if those Nokia games for select devices are still free? They never said anything about that promotion so I don't know what's going on with it. Won't have my phone ordered and delivered until the 22nd.

Still free

#3653 Phrozenspite

Phrozenspite

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

Still free

how do you get them. I'm on a Lumia icon and can't see them in the store. The direct links show unavailable on product page

Swagbucks
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Marxn
get free Amazon GCs just for searching, every 450 points is a $5

ach.png

#3654 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:01 AM

how do you get them. I'm on a Lumia icon and can't see them in the store. The direct links show unavailable on product page

Try searching for them in the Store. There will be the normal paid version and then another version that is free. Some of the titles are slightly different, but still the same game. For example Brain Challenge™ HD is just Brain Challenge for the free version.

EDIT: I'm using 1020 with 8.1, not sure if that matters.

#3655 Phrozenspite

Phrozenspite

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

Try searching for them in the Store. There will be the normal paid version and then another version that is free. Some of the titles are slightly different, but still the same game. For example Brain Challenge™ HD is just Brain Challenge for the free version.

EDIT: I'm using 1020 with 8.1, not sure if that matters.

no luck. People on wpcentral were reporting the same on the most recent comments. But you can still access them or was that just the other day?

Swagbucks

ach.png

#3656 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

no luck. People on wpcentral were reporting the same on the most recent comments. But you can still access them or was that just the other day?

Are there certain ones that aren't showing up? I only checked Brain Challenge and Order & Chaos last night. Just checked O&C again and free version is still there.

#3657 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

Some EA games are on sale on WP. Most are $1.99

Plants Vs Zombies $2.99
The Sims 3 $3.99
Life
Trivial Pursuit
iBomber Defense
Blobster
Jet Set Go
Risk

Looks like you were right about Fifa 14. One of the micro-transactions is on sale. Same with Tetris Blitz.
Flight Control Rocket is also part of the sale $1.99

#3658 Phrozenspite

Phrozenspite

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

Are there certain ones that aren't showing up? I only checked Brain Challenge and Order & Chaos last night. Just checked O&C again and free version is still there.

none of them show in the store regardless of how far I scroll or what I search for. And the direct links show the page but the games are listed as unavailable. The Lumia icon was one of the phones listed that this was supposed to work for.

Swagbucks

ach.png

#3659 Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

This is probably not the best place to ask this, but straight up: How do you guys like your Windows phones compared to iPhone and Android?

I had an iPhone5 and just last week traded it in for an HTC One M8 android phone. I'm liking the Android so far, but I've always been interested in the Windows Phone platform. I've kinda messed around with them in the store, but I figured I would ask some people that have actually had them for a while.

#3660 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

I've never used a higher end Windows Phone before (Just my 520) but I really like the experience coming from iOS and Android. The phone itself is very smooth with little to no lag despite the lower end hardware, and I honestly have fallen in love with Windows Phones UI. The Live title interface is great, and I just like how everything flows together in WP8.1

App Wise I'm surprised that there is a lot of apps on the platform now. There are some I'm still waiting on like my Bank App/Investor App, Vudu's app and I think somebody needs to make a CAG app for it.

Honestly I was never very happy with Android. I used a lot of different phones and I just never had a very good experience with them. I think it's because I'm not one of those people who wants to go through the hassle of "Flashing/Rooting" if I have any issues, and I had a LOT of issues caused by bad carrier updates and the like.

iOS is always a great experience, I've just gotten bored with it and I like mixing my phone OS up every upgrade.

663892.png?17663317

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals