wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
4119 replies to this topic

#2161 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I hate people who cheat too. But I'm talking something like the word LOOK, where the K is two spaces away from a triple word score. Some people I've played with will play things like ZAK, ZEK, ZIK, ZOK, ZUK, JAK, JEK, JIK, JOK, JUK until the game accepts one of those stupid ass words and gives the person like 60 points. That's what frustrates me.

Haha yeah, I don't recall having any problems playing against you. Except that I lost a lot, that sucked. ;)

I was always getting slaughtered until I began to always look for the TW, TL, DL, etc. What sucks is the ability to get stuck with all vowels or consonants. The other thing I do not like is there are several words wordfeud does not recognize that it should, imo.

i just started playing let's Golf 2 and so far I have enjoyed it. I love hot shots golf and that title is the reason I take out the psp sporadicaly. I just wish it was possible to 100% the achievements.

#2162 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I already played with 2 different players that used a solver because there is no way that in every turn are you gonna get 50+ points on random words that most people have no clue what they mean.Its a shame that people can't play the game for fun.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#2163 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

I haven't run into any cheaters yet...at least I don't think so. So far, nobody has gone over four letters, which is almost worse than cheating because I can't put my freakin' tiles anywhere. And I'm really starting to wish that we could opt out of random matchmaking. I'm being bombarded with push notifications now, but I don't want to turn them off 'cause then I won't know when my opponents move. Also, maybe it's stupid, but I kinda feel like a jerk when I reject people's game requests...and I woke up with 16 new requests this morning...

Also, has anyone seen Nokia's stock today? I'm so tempted to sell, but I have a feeling it will go up even more. But we need money and I'm not sure if we can wait until the quarterly report.

#2164 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Le gasp, Tyler gave me my first rejection! That cuts deep, man. Seriously, though, I kinda wish a few other people would've rejected me. I was going for the Invite achievement and now I have too many games going, but I don't want to back out of any of them. It is nice to see how active Windows Phone actually is, though.

#2165 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Le gasp, Tyler gave me my first rejection! That cuts deep, man. Seriously, though, I kinda wish a few other people would've rejected me. I was going for the Invite achievement and now I have too many games going, but I don't want to back out of any of them. It is nice to see how active Windows Phone actually is, though.

Haha sorry about that man. Just like you said in your previous post, it feels bad to reject people, but I've had close to 20 invites in the last 24 hours. I decided to limit my active games to 5 at a time, so I've just been rejecting all other invites.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2166 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

No worries; like I said, it was mainly just for the achievement anyway. I've had about 30 invitations since downloading this last night, so I'm doing the same thing (mass rejecting). Heck, I really only intended on playing with my wife, but it's kinda fun to play with a few people throughout the day.

#2167 xgpsun628

xgpsun628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

if you wanna play someone thats terrible and def not botting, add me! see sig
Posted Image

#2168 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

AlphaJax may be the best free game on WP. I love Scrabble. Just wish didn't have to wait so long between turns when playing some people. But pass n play is a plus.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#2169 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Does anyone know if AlphaJax uses cloud saving like Wordament?

While were at it, does anyone have a complete list of Xbox LIVE WP games that use cloud saving? I know there can't be many.

Anyone?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2170 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Ok, AlphaJax got way too annoying. People play too infrequently, yet I get tons of new game invites (in the middle of the night). I had to turn my Xbox notifications off. :(

They shouldn't have allowed people to just "start new games" with anyone. It should've been something like this:
1) User requests random opponent
2) If any open games (i.e. a game where opponent has made his first move), join that
3) If not, create new game and make your first move (therefore, next person who requests a random opponent will join your game)

It seems like when you request a random opponent, it's just grabbing any random gamertag and starting a new game :\
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#2171 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Ok, AlphaJax got way too annoying. People play too infrequently, yet I get tons of new game invites (in the middle of the night). I had to turn my Xbox notifications off. :(

You know, you can turn off push notifications within the game. That way, it only notifies you while you have the game running (or not at all). Just take a look at the settings. It kinda defeats the purpose, but the option is there.

2) If any open games (i.e. a game where opponent has made his first move), join that
3) If not, create new game and make your first move (therefore, next person who requests a random opponent will join your game)

I would like this as an added option. In a way, I like the random game requests. It almost makes me feel popular. Ha ha. But I do agree that they can get annoying and it would be nice if you could opt out of the automated matchmaking.

Also, I think there should be a time limit if there isn't one already. It's great that everyone can play at their own pace, but if someone decides to never finish a game, your stuck with it in My Games. If you want to get rid of the clutter, you have to resign and take a negative mark on your stats. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice if games are ended after a couple of weeks (or a month) of inactivity. Maybe you could set an agreed-upon limit within each individual game. Or they could set up a reminder system so that if you've been waiting long enough (a minimum of 48 hours perhaps), you can send a reminder to your opponent and if they don't make a move within a week, the game automatically ends. It would be allowed no more than once per turn, of course, to minimize potential harassment. Just a thought.

#2172 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Also, I think there should be a time limit if there isn't one already. It's great that everyone can play at their own pace, but if someone decides to never finish a game, your stuck with it in My Games. If you want to get rid of the clutter, you have to resign and take a negative mark on your stats. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice if games are ended after a couple of weeks (or a month) of inactivity. Maybe you could set an agreed-upon limit within each individual game. Or they could set up a reminder system so that if you've been waiting long enough (a minimum of 48 hours perhaps), you can send a reminder to your opponent and if they don't make a move within a week, the game automatically ends. It would be allowed no more than once per turn, of course, to minimize potential harassment. Just a thought.

You don't automatically win the game after 72 hours of inactivity? That's how Wordament is, it's real nice. I assumed this was the same, I have 2 games with 48 hours of inactivity, so I assumed I'd automatically "win" those games sometime tomorrow.

Also, I'd love to see other modes in this game. Like a 5 minute time limit mode that you can enter with someone, if you want to actually sit down and play the game for a while.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2173 DaKidRob

DaKidRob

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Well looks like no Deal of the Week again so can anyone recommend me some 99Cent games was thinking like SpiderJack or Connect 4 but i don't know got about 5Dollars to throw away so shoot me some games i should try..

#2174 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Well looks like no Deal of the Week again so can anyone recommend me some 99Cent games was thinking like SpiderJack or Connect 4 but i don't know got about 5Dollars to throw away so shoot me some games i should try..

There won't be any DotW's til after the new year.

I recommend any of the non-Nokia exclusive $0.99 games. I've played almost all of them and enjoyed them all enough to recommend them.

My favorite 99 centers:
Cut the Rope
Crimson Dragon
Little Acorns
Feed Me Oil
Chickens Can't Fly
Spider Jack
Battlewagon (most people hated it but I really enjoyed it)
Ionball EX
Deer Hunter 3D
Fruit Ninja
Max & the Magic Marker

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2175 DaKidRob

DaKidRob

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Nice may try battlewagon demo and looks like spiderjack for sure since I enjoyed cut the rope... And the rest of the list I almost have except ionball ex thanks for the suggestion and the tip why no deal of the week

#2176 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

You don't automatically win the game after 72 hours of inactivity? That's how Wordament is, it's real nice. I assumed this was the same, I have 2 games with 48 hours of inactivity, so I assumed I'd automatically "win" those games sometime tomorrow.

Also, I'd love to see other modes in this game. Like a 5 minute time limit mode that you can enter with someone, if you want to actually sit down and play the game for a while.

Well, I don't know, there might be an auto-win. I actually haven't had a game stay inactive long enough to find out; I just assumed it had been neglected. Which reminds me...it would also be nice if I didn't have to exit the game and then start it again for My Turns to refresh. Not sure if this is a problem with the servers or the game itself, but it's annoying. I also have problems with push notifications not going off at times. Today, they wouldn't come up when my phone was "sleeping" and then they would all come flooding in when I woke it up.

#2177 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

If someone doesn't make a move after a certain length of time, that person resigns the game. I forget what the time limit is though.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2178 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Nice may try battlewagon demo and looks like spiderjack for sure since I enjoyed cut the rope... And the rest of the list I almost have except ionball ex thanks for the suggestion and the tip why no deal of the week

Because the guys at MS are cheap and lazy.

Honestly, I don't know. EastX speculates that the big Black Friday sale that we got (6 games) was actually the next 6 DotWs all lumped together. This seems possible, but still isn't a good excuse. It's not like DotW takes a break on Xbox after a big sale.

If someone doesn't make a move after a certain length of time, that person resigns the game. I forget what the time limit is though.

It's longer than 3 days. I'll keep an eye on my 2 games that are currently at the length, and let you guys know if/when they're forced to resign.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2179 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Angry Birds Star Wars comes to WP7

Angry Birds Space comes to WP7

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2180 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Angry Birds Star Wars is awesome. I'm seriously bummed there's no Live support/achievements though.

#2181 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Angry Birds Star Wars is awesome. I'm seriously bummed there's no Live support/achievements though.

Yeah that's beyond fucking lame for a lot of us who use WP to supplement our gamerscore. However I can understand that Rovio wants to get these out on WP7 ASAP, since WP7 is almost out the door and if these games had to spend 2 months in Xbox certification hell, it could cost them a significant amount of sales.

That being said, I just don't find Angry Birds fun enough to justify spending a dollar on without achievements. Even the Star Wars license is enough to pick it up. I'm probably in the minority here.

EDIT: In reading some of the comments on Paul's post on WPCentral, I guess there are several of us who are going to skip this.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2182 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Well, as long as it's there at all, I'm happy. But I still hope my other concerns will eventually be addressed.

#2183 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Already bought Space and Star Wars on my windows 8 laptop so don't really need them on wp7....and with no achievements Im definitely not getting them.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#2184 Jobbercho

Jobbercho

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Resigning your opponent from a game

If your opponent has not played their turn within 7 days of your turn being played, you will be able to force the resignation of your opponent. Within the game screen, select the first menu item 'resign opponent' via the application bar and confirm the prompt. This has the effect of ending the game and making you the winner via walkover.

Posted Image

#2185 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the info, Jobbercho!

And boy, I sure am meeting some real winners on this game. One guy is currently accusing me of cheating because I played "vial". Seriously? I guess I can't be too surprised; his best words are "f*g" [bundle of sticks] and "ton"...unless you count all of the times he has added an "S" to the end of one of my words.

Then there is another guy who I suspect of cheating just because his quality of words drastically improved halfway through the game. He started off with normal everyday words being played poorly and then when he got far behind, it turned into shit I've never even heard of (and I play a lot of word games). But I'm not calling him out on it because I really can't prove anything. Besides, I'm still kicking his ass, so it's not like I have much to complain about.

Overall, I'm actually doing a lot better at this than I expected. I've never been very good at Scrabble for some reason, but this has been going well. So far, the only person I have trouble beating is my wife (not physically, of course; that's easy). Every time we play, I get nothing but vowels.

Edited by ZombieToast, 09 December 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#2186 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

then there's the people who accuse you of cheating because you spell 4 letter words or higher. sorry if my vocabulary doesn't consist of only dog, cat, moo, mat

and a good amount of words can be artificially extended. -er, re-, -iest, -s, -es

don't hate because I know a 4 letter word that can be -iest. it's not rocket science.

Zombie - I suspect some of my games are like that too though. Right now in at least 2 of my games I've got no vowels to use for a good 3 or 4 turns. So my words are going to quickly go from met to remediate.

And I love the word qi. Man I kill with that. Sometimes you fall into being able to do Qi both horizontal and vert at the same time, or on a triple/double. lol

#2187 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Zombie - I suspect some of my games are like that too though. Right now in at least 2 of my games I've got no vowels to use for a good 3 or 4 turns. So my words are going to quickly go from met to remediate.

Right, which is another reason why I haven't outright accused anyone yet. But I think some folks are suspicious when I see them 3- and 4-letter words almost the entire game and not even getting the most out of the letters or playing on the boost tiles...and then all of a sudden, they're using words like "rioja" and "ripieno". I've pulled some interesting words out my ass, but my play style is pretty consistent. But hey, you can never really know for sure, so I just go with it and have fun. As long as I still win, I don't care if they're cheating. Ha ha.

In a game I'm playing right now, it has gone the other way around for me; I started strong and now all I have is crap. I opened with a 7-letter word and have cleared out my letters once or twice more since then. But now, I'm stuck using words like "nail" and "rods" because I just don't have anything to work with (didn't think of trying "qi"). Of course, my opponent isn't helping matters. I think his highest-scoring word in the last few rounds was "no".

#2188 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the info, Jobbercho!

And boy, I sure am meeting some real winners on this game. One guy is currently accusing me of cheating because I played "vial". Seriously? I guess I can't be too surprised; his best words are "f*g" [bundle of sticks] and "ton"...unless you count all of the times he has added an "S" to the end of one of my words.

Then there is another guy who I suspect of cheating just because his quality of words drastically improved halfway through the game. He started off with normal everyday words being played poorly and then when he got far behind, it turned into shit I've never even heard of (and I play a lot of word games). But I'm not calling him out on it because I really can't prove anything. Besides, I'm still kicking his ass, so it's not like I have much to complain about.

Overall, I'm actually doing a lot better at this than I expected. I've never been very good at Scrabble for some reason, but this has been going well. So far, the only person I have trouble beating is my wife (not physically, of course; that's easy). Every time we play, I get nothing but vowels.

I've had pretty good luck with everyone I've played so far, for the most part they seem to be playing fair.

One guy I played I beat fairly easily, he played nothing but normal words and definitely wasn't cheating. So I challenged him to a rematch to get that achievement, and his first 3 words have been "MAISTS", "GYVES", and "ANON". I definitely have no idea what maists or gyves are? If he keeps it up I will just slow play him (play one word every few days) and if I see he starts getting close to scores for achievements I'll just stop playing and let the game resign me.

Also, nice domestic violence joke. :applause:

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2189 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Joke? Who's joking?

But yeah, I've had that happen too (not in AlphaJax, but in similar games). You beat someone and then they come back with a vastly improved vocabulary. Oh well, at least cheaters eventually start thinning out after a while. I can imagine it must be pretty boring to just sit there and do whatever a computer tells you to do.

Also, I meant to comment on something you said earlier:

You don't automatically win the game after 72 hours of inactivity? That's how Wordament is, it's real nice.

Did you mean Words With Friends perhaps?

#2190 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

A little more than half of my 30 games are inactive for 3 days, so a week can't come soon enough. Didn't realize from the start that it challenges a random person who may not even be playing. Now I know to just wait for invites.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals