wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
4119 replies to this topic

#2251 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Is there a way to buy games on the Windows Phone with MSP? I would rather not give Microsoft my credit card info and I have a butt load of MSP. I want Contre Jour and Doodle Jump!

#2252 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Is there a way to buy games on the Windows Phone with MSP? I would rather not give Microsoft my credit card info and I have a butt load of MSP. I want Contre Jour and Doodle Jump!

Not to the best of my knowledge. I know you can't on a WP7 unfortunately. I know WP8 has the wallet feature but not sure how that works...sorry. Someone else can most likely shed some light.

#2253 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Don't think so. I know paypal and phone bill are options though.
Edit: Apparently you can add a MS gift card to the wallet app.

Edited by fignutz32, 19 December 2012 - 10:36 PM.
MI

#2254 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Kinnectimals now showing up $.99 through my phone.

#2255 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Already had all the sale games except Istuntb2. Picked that up. Contemplating KenKen...but $4.99 is a bit much

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#2256 Kronos174

Kronos174

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

So, Angry Birds Space and Angry Birds Star Wars are finally available for WP7 owners but they are not Xbox Live games :(
Also, awesome sale, thanks for the heads up!

#2257 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Dude! pacman ce-dx dropped from 6.99 to .99 cents. Go go go go! The game is a steal at that price. chomp chomp

#2258 SansGluten

SansGluten

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Dude! pacman ce-dx dropped from 6.99 to .99 cents. Go go go go! The game is a steal at that price. chomp chomp

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up :bouncy:

Purchased along with all of the countdown to 2013 titles.
geronimobunga man!!!

#2259 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Pac-Man CE DX finally scores a discount

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2260 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Awesome. How do you catch all these sales?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2261 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Awesome. How do you catch all these sales?

I look at the store everyday. It is habitual now...i can't quit! lol. I am happy it was pac-man. Would be sweet if they have a new discount daily for the next 12 days.

#2262 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Pac-Man CE DX finally scores a discount

I picked that up on WPC earlier. Thanks! This game is great.

#2263 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Good find! To be fair, I knew about it that early as well, but I had to take my son to school and do a few things before I could write it up. MasterMeaty is just too fast for me to keep up.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2264 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Sweet, downloading Pac Man CE now. Starting to have too many games on my phone now and I just got it a couple weeks ago.

#2265 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Might be stupid questions, I apologize... All these games on sale are they just for Windows Phone 7? If I get a Win 8 tablet or phone, will these be playable? And does anyone know if there's a way to check the Win 8 Store for sales on games (I saw that the google store has sale prices on Angry Birds Space)?

#2266 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Might be stupid questions, I apologize... All these games on sale are they just for Windows Phone 7? If I get a Win 8 tablet or phone, will these be playable? And does anyone know if there's a way to check the Win 8 Store for sales on games (I saw that the google store has sale prices on Angry Birds Space)?

They are for WP8 also. That is what I have and got Pacman, Kinnectimals and the coutre jour for $.99 each.

#2267 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

They are for WP8 also. That is what I have and got Pacman, Kinnectimals and the coutre jour for $.99 each.

Not sure if he was asking about just WP8 or Win8, but there are separate versions of Angry Birds Space and Angry Birds Star Wars for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. This is the thread to get info on Windows Phone deals, but I'm not sure there is one for Windows 8. With the push to release games and apps on Win 8, a deal thread for that would be helpful if it doesn't already exist.

edit: Actually here is a Win8 thread from x360a that is kept up to date:

http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=399534

4 Elements II is currently on sale.

Hail to Pitt!

#2268 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Good find! To be fair, I knew about it that early as well, but I had to take my son to school and do a few things before I could write it up. MasterMeaty is just too fast for me to keep up.

haha. Like a ninja. Do you think we may get a new sale daily leading up to Xmas east?

I am buying the sale titles just so I can download them once I get a wp8 device. I have not touched a lot of the games I bought a few months ago still.

#2269 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Grabbed Pac Man, thanks! Took me 45 minutes to get 200/200. I seem to remember the XBL version being a lot harder...

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#2270 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

They aren't always updated right away, but there are apps like AppDeals and Market Deals that keep track of various game/app deals.

Not stupid at all; it can be a bit confusing. To expand upon what was said above...these deals are for both Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8. The majority of games currently available are the same regardless of which OS you have (so a purchase on WP7 can be downloaded on WP8). Many of the games are available for Windows RT (tablets) and Windows 8, but those have to be purchased separately; they are not cross-compatible with the phones. Some of them aren't even cross-compatible between WinRT and Win8. Like I said, the whole thing is a little confusing and I might not even have all of that correct.

I don't have WinRT or Win8, so I don't know how to check deals aside from checking the link that was posted above. But I know that after Christmas, the Countdown To 2013 sale will be extended to tablets and PC's.

I am buying the sale titles just so I can download them once I get a wp8 device. I have not touched a lot of the games I bought a few months ago still.

I'm probably going to have to do that too. I've already done it for one other game that went on sale a few weeks ago. Now I just have to hope that nothing gets delisted.

#2271 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Using bombs on Pac Man CE DX doesn't work very well. Still, it's an ok game for a buck. Got one more achievement to knock out then I'll probably be done with it.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2272 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

I'm probably going to have to do that too. I've already done it for one other game that went on sale a few weeks ago. Now I just have to hope that nothing gets delisted.

i did not even think about the delisted outcome.

#2273 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

heads up that the wordament game is now free on ios AND you can get achievements there too...

https://itunes.apple...d580935508?mt=8

can't believe MS is going to do this. almost my only reason to buy a windows phone and they are removing it? or just teasing people to get windows phone?
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#2274 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

heads up that the wordament game is now free on ios AND you can get achievements there too...

https://itunes.apple...d580935508?mt=8

can't believe MS is going to do this. almost my only reason to buy a windows phone and they are removing it? or just teasing people to get windows phone?

You can get Xbox Achievements on the iPhone? Can anyone confirm that? I know it says it on the product page, but that might just be a copy/paste thing. I can't imagine they would allow that...

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2275 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

You can get Xbox Achievements on the iPhone? Can anyone confirm that? I know it says it on the product page, but that might just be a copy/paste thing. I can't imagine they would allow that...

i went to the link from majornelson's tweet so i'm pretty sure it's confirmed. will follow up with my personal exp soon

yep it asks my xbox live id before game now. yeah first achievement

CH a CH IN g
You found a digram word
5 UNLOCKED
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#2276 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

i went to the link from majornelson's tweet so i'm pretty sure it's confirmed. will follow up with my personal exp soon

yep it asks my xbox live id before game now. yeah first achievement

CH a CH IN g
You found a digram word
5 UNLOCKED

Yup, you're right. Their blog says the same thing, this is the first iOS game to have real Xbox Live Achievements.

http://wordament.com...ent-now-on-ios/

Looks like they only have 50G available on the iOS version, but still. If Microsoft wants to have their own unique operating system for phones, why are they slowly leaking every enviable feature of their OS over to other systems? Boggles the mind. We'll see if this is some type of anomaly, or becomes a regular occurrence in the future.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2277 DaKidRob

DaKidRob

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

A other Namco 99cents deal Galaga Legions DX is the game.. And a other Nokia Exclusive Game drop called iBomber Defense for 2.99

#2278 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

The reviews for Galaga Legions DX (WP7) have been horrible, all citing bad controls as a major problem. I'm downloading the demo now which is taking a really really long time. I don't have high hopes considering how insanely hard the XBLA version was, and now the controls are made worse.

A rare $0.99 game I may pass up since there's been so many good sales this week already.

#2279 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

The reviews for Galaga Legions DX (WP7) have been horrible, all citing bad controls as a major problem. I'm downloading the demo now which is taking a really really long time. I don't have high hopes considering how insanely hard the XBLA version was, and now the controls are made worse.

A rare $0.99 game I may pass up since there's been so many good sales this week already.

The controls really are that bad. But Galaga Legions DX is only a little hard - maybe you're thinking of the much tougher first Galaga Legions? If you decide to pick it up, use my Achievement Guide and the embedded videos and you'll probably come away with the full 200 GS.

Articles coming up later today on iBomber Defense, the Galaga Legions DX sale, and Wordament jumping ship.

-Paul Acevedo

#2280 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

I was also expecting a lot from Galaga Legions DX. It's one of my favorite XBLA games. Saying that, on WP it's pretty horrible. The controls are laggy and worthless. Too bad :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals