wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
3668 replies to this topic

#2881 Wrong

Wrong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

You can send the device to Nokia and they should be able to repair it and keep your apps/game saves (to the best of my understanding).  But, you'll be without a phone for a couple of weeks.

Or, you can go through your carrier and they'll send you a replacement device in which you'll lose everything.  Although, you can re-download your apps/games you've purchased for free of course.

I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the reply though.

#2882 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Is there a way to force Xbox.com or your 360 to scan and update a WP7 game once you've gotten all the achievements on it?

Almost all games on WP7 will never be scanned again or show up as "Last Played on..." once you finish it, and I need Xbox.com to scan Sally's Salon LE again since it glitched on me and shows I have 20/20 achievements, yet only 190 / 200 GS. I think a scan is the only way to fix it, since I can't re-earn the achievement that did not properly register as it shows I already have them all.

#2883 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Latest developments for those keeping up with my situation:

So I ended up doing the factory reset, and my phone locked up for hours on the infamous gears screen. After searching online this is a really common problem. No amount of button presses or soft/hard resetting will fix it. So I went to the ATT store. After them doing the same soft/hard reset sequence that I basically tried hours earlier, they told me I would have to go to another location and warranty it out for a new phone. So I drive across town, walk up to the desk to show them my problem, and the damn thing is working. It was showing the welcome message. FML. But at least I have a working phone now. Without my game saves, but at this point I really don't care and am just happy to have a working phone again. The moral of the story is make sure and set a lock screen password before connecting to your company's exchange. Or be more familiar with their policy than I was. :\

#2884 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

Huge Gameloft Sale!

• Amazing Spider-Man - $6.99 $2.99
  • Asphalt 5 - $2.99 $.99
  • Assassin's Creed - $4.99 $1.99
  • Brain Challenge - $4.99 $1.99
  • Dark Knight Rises - $6.99 $2.99
  • Let's Golf 2 - $2.99 $1.99
  • Oregon Trail - $4.99 $1.99
  • Real Soccer - $2.99 $.99
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction - $4.99 $1.99
  • Uno - $2.99 $1.99

#2885 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Oregon Trail, SWEET!!!!

Fuck I wish there was a way for me to buy Batman and Spiderman too!

Thanks Paul!

EDIT: Oh sweet, I didn't know Real Soccer and Ashpalt 5 were the WP7 ones, I haven't paid quite as much attention to new releases recently.  I'll be buying both of those as well!

Also, it's funny reading through you article and see how many times you mention "glitch" or "broken" achievements.  Gameloft sucks when it comes to achievements.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#2886 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Thanks East, will pick up Oregon Trail and Real Soccer.  Might pick up Brain Challenge as it's the only other one on the list I don't have, even with the glitchy achievements.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2887 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Jetpack Joyride review!

Also, it's funny reading through you article and see how many times you mention "glitch" or "broken" achievements.  Gameloft sucks when it comes to achievements.

Yep, shame about Gameloft's Achievement track record. At least they actually fixed Ice Age Village.

#2888 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

I already have Oregon Trail on DS, but I'm considering getting it for my phone as well if I can somehow make room for it. I get to upgrade in November, so in a few months, this won't be a problem anymore (at least not for a little while).

#2889 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

Ok guys, I'm going to go a bit off topic here but I could really use some help.  I may have screwed myself.  Today I was messing around with getting my work email set up on my phone for the first time.  I got the exchange server set up fine and was able to check my email all day with no problems.  Then tonight after I got home I go to unlock my phone and it asks me for a password.  I have never had a password in the past.  After doing a bit of research I now know that certain requirements can be imposed on devices using an exchange account by the network admin, such as requiring a password when unlocking the device after a certain period of inactivity.  But since I never set up any password I have no idea what the device is wanting me to input.  Thus my phone is permanently locked.  Is there any way out of this besides a factory reset?  I really don't want to lose all my game progress.

I've never heard of this before but it appears as though you are correct that it is your exchange admin settings - as read here:

http://www.windowsph...faq?signin=true

Looks like you'll have to contact your IT dept to get the secrete phrase or password.

Well the problem with that is the exchange settings don't actually pass a code to the device.  Just the requirements to use one.  At least that's my understanding.  So it would seem that I skipped the step of ever actually creating a password but my phone is asking for it anyway.  A major flaw if you ask me.  I've searched online to see if there is any type of default password if you never set one up but haven't come up with anything.  It would appear I'm SOL.  I'm going to do some more looking but based on the websites I've found it appears if you can't come up with the correct lock screen password the only way to get the device working again is a factory reset.  Sad day.

Either the phone is asking you to create a 4-digit PIN, and then re-enter it again to save it ... or you previously used a PIN with the phone, but then turned off the feature, and now your workplace's Exchange service re-enabled the PIN.  If you had the ability to remove the Exchange info from your phone, your phone will also alert you that entering a PIN is no longer required, but that's dependent upon you still being able to get past the PIN.  Good luck!

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#2890 pseudocode

pseudocode

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Ugh, can't find Oregon Trail from my 928 nor from windowsphone.com

Hope it shows up again!

#2891 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Ugh, can't find Oregon Trail from my 928 nor from windowsphone.com

Hope it shows up again!

Yeah it only runs on WP7 at the moment, that's why you don't see it on your phone.  It's not on the online store for that same reason, they don't want to advertise games that don't run on WP8 on there.

Also, Koozac is the Red Stripe Deal, which is flippin awesome.  I've been waiting quite a while for a sale, and I'll be all over it.

Since DotW started back up, I think I only spent $1 before this week.  Now this week I've spent $5 on 4 games.  Very nice week for WP.

#2892 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Math based puzzle game? Interesting.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2893 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Math based puzzle game? Interesting.

Yeah, I like math so it has piqued my interest since it came out.  Here's EastX's review of it.

#2894 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

My poor HTC Arrive is on its last leg.  It was crashing like crazy last night trying to install Oregon Trail and Asphalt 5.  I'm down to less than a gig of memory so I deleted a bunch of freebie indie games.  I hate to delete any Xbox games I paid for since, if they get delisted, they'll be gone forever.  

I got lucky and Koozac fully installed today, but it took some babying and making sure nothing else was running in the background.

#2895 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

I played the Koozac demo. It's interesting. However, I can see it getting really old after 10 minutes of play. Couple that with glitchy/grindy achievements and I think I'll pass on this one.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#2896 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

New Red Stripe Deal - Submarine Patrol $.99 (50% off)

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#2897 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Submarine Patrol is actually the non-Xbox enabled Red Stripe Deal for this week (they do one Xbox game, one non-Xbox game, and then one app that is not a game).  We will probably see the new deals pop up later tonight.

#2898 DaKidRob

DaKidRob

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

The only game I notice right now that have a price drop is lets golf 2 hopefully its not that would be the 3rd week in a row its on sale.. I know they just had that gameloft sale but all the other games went back up except that one...

#2899 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

My poor HTC Arrive is on its last leg.  It was crashing like crazy last night trying to install Oregon Trail and Asphalt 5.  I'm down to less than a gig of memory so I deleted a bunch of freebie indie games.  I hate to delete any Xbox games I paid for since, if they get delisted, they'll be gone forever.  

I got lucky and Koozac fully installed today, but it took some babying and making sure nothing else was running in the background.

Lucky for you Sprint announced two phones today ;)

seanr1221.png

#2900 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

Lucky for you Sprint announced two phones today ;)

I saw that.  It looks like both options will have 1GB of RAM, which will be good for gaming.  But what I'm reading is that onboard storage is only going to be 8-16 GBs.  Can Windows Phone games be saved and played off of MicroSD cards?

#2901 Nax5

Nax5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

Yeah Koozac seemed interesting at first, but grinding out the achievements is a huge chore. And once you figure out you can just use the 'Hint' power up on everything, the game becomes a complete joke. It is definitely lazy.

#2902 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

Yeah, I was a little bit disappointed with Koozac, and the achievements are an awful grind.

I wish that the "Side by Side" boost was just how the game played normally.  It would have made it a lot more fun.  

#2903 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

Gerbil Physics is DotW.  Blech, it's an OK game but dropped in price several times already.

#2904 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Gerbil Physics is the Xbox Red Stripe Deal

Monopoly Millionaire Review

Windows Phone suffers two weeks without a new Xbox game

#2905 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

You have the worst community over there in the comments on WPCentral.

Nothing is gained by blind faith to anything, especially a mega-corporation like Microsoft.  I happy to see that there are a lot of hardcore Windows Phone enthusiasts, but to act like Microsoft is near-infallible is not only laughable, it is indeed counterproductive.

I've enjoyed WPCentral as a great source of information about Windows Phone, but it can feel a little circlejerky at times, from both the commentors and some of the writers.  You're articles are always primo though, Paul! 

/offtopicrant

#2906 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Monster Burner, Jetpack Joyride, and Angry Birds Space updated

#2907 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

My phone can't find Gerbil Physics. It must not meet the specs. Oh well, not like I need anymore games.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#2908 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

The 3rd straight week with no new Xbox Windows Phone game can't spoil our summer

and

Tiny Plane Review: Flying the endless skies on Windows Phone

#2909 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

Six Electronic Arts games for Windows Phone games on sale this week

#2910 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Wow.  None of those for me.  Would have considered a couple if they were $0.99.  Oh well.

Doodle God is Red Stripe Deal of the week.  Don't buy that, guys.

EDIT: Someone in one of Paul's articles also mentioned that Doodle God did have a price drop to $0.99 about a year or so ago.  I forgot about that.  Apparently they've raised the price back to $2.99.  And now it's the DotW for $0.99.  Nice.  *shaking my head*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals