Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Right here https://account.live.com/

#1172 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Right here https://account.live.com/

Thanks a million, I evidently did it prior, as it's there. Good to see !

#1173 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

So here I am with the Live player on, thinking about how awesome my avatar will look at the expense of adversely affecting MyStats in how I stack up to the rest of the community.

UPDATE: I am a poor countryman. I found myself looking through my friends achievements and my own achievements while on the Live Event Player. Sent out a few messages to friends too as well. At least I caught that there are random questions popping up during the stream which allow me to choose President Not Sure, which approves of using water, like the kind from the toilet, on crops.

LOL... so they were right. it is worth 25 cents... between that and the 2% back on purchases, I'm swimming in points now.

I fear when I jump in, how it is not a liquid >_<

On more slightly serious notes, my Gold Membership is due to expire in under a week. I have a 12-month card (last of my discounted to $30 cards) at the ready, but I may allow my membership to lapse just for a bit. The reason for doing so is because the last time this happened my dashboard offered me 400 Microsoft Points in addition to the 200MSP the rewards program offered for a year of membership from silver/free. Also at that time I was immediately offered on my dashboard an additional month for $1, which I also took but it required me to input a payment method. Another incentive for me to allow my membership to lapse is to be able to remove my payment method from my Microsoft account (probably by phone call), since the $1 for 1 month deal prevents me from removing the payment option from the website (and it was the only thing I had ever purchased on Xbox/Microsoft with that payment method).

My question, what might I miss out on if I were to let my membership drop to silver/free for a few weeks? Fortunately, my birthday month is not imminent, and my gamerscore qualifies for the highest tier of MyAchievements. I did purchase some items on the 28th of September, a day after the MyAchievements opened up and marked me for the "Legend" level of rewards, would those purchases still qualify for the 2% for September which I was still a Gold Member? I looked at the calendar of events, and it doesn't appear I want to participate in any of the listed Community Playdates. However, as stated above, I have already started my Xbox Live Event player for one of the 3 (of the 4) events I need to watch for a Xbox Reward, which appears to not require a gold membership.

Now, it is possible before my membership ends, I choose to renew and render all the previous questions moot, but I'd like to know my options. There is a chance I renew for next week's Deal of the Week featuring the Toy Soldiers games. I've not purchased any of the DLC nor sequel (and its DLC) primarily for the reason that I got hung up on the mission of the first game where you had to use only the airplanes to make sure no one gets through, and I have not touched the game since. So I'm not exactly high on the series.

Edited by Crono-00, 04 October 2012 - 02:14 AM.
and he won Monday Night Rehabilitation too!

#1174 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Does anyone know how long you have to watch the presidential debate ? It keeps shutting off on me. I need that damn gold plated halo avatar suit!

#1175 NintendoCleveland

NintendoCleveland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Does anyone know how long you have to watch the presidential debate ? It keeps shutting off on me. I need that damn gold plated halo avatar suit!

Watching 30 minutes for each of three debates will get you the avatar armor.

#1176 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

I think you have to watch at least 30 minutes each of 3 out of the 4 debates to get the points. At least that's what the FAQ on Xbox Rewards implied.

#1177 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thanks, I would have done it if it was just to tune in, but I don't care that much for the armor.

#1178 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

I'm sure the Hellraiser Avatar items count as Horror....since they are horror.....but i really want to clarify it before i go buy the puzzle box.
Posted Image

#1179 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

oh thats cool. thanks guys. the gold halo avatar looks so sweet lol

#1180 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

Confirmed list of eligible games per your list

• Castlevania Symphony of the Night
  • Castlevania Harmony of Despair
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow Reverie
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow Resurrection
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica X
  • Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
  • Dead Rising Case Zero
  • Dead Rising Case West
  • I Am Alive
  • Amy
  • Deadlight
  • Dante's Inferno
Source: http://forums.xbox.c...58/1803615.aspx

#1181 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

Confirmed list of eligible games per your list

• Castlevania Symphony of the Night
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow Reverie
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow Resurrection
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica X
  • Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
  • Dead Rising Case Zero
  • Dead Rising Case West
  • I Am Alive
  • Amy
  • Deadlight
  • Dante's Inferno
Source: http://forums.xbox.c...58/1803615.aspx

I am sad that I did not see Castlevania: Harmony of Despair DLC confirmed, I would take this opportunity to get the additional characters and music packs. From the forum link post, it seems like they only addressed the base game but not the DLC :cry:.

I'm still holding out for confirmation of Deathsmiles 2X so I can knock out the reward offer in one hit. A F.E.A.R. 2 DLC and/or Plants Vs. Zombies table for Pinball FX2 would help in giving me more items to try to add up to the 2000MSP total. Slowly but surely, as more confirmations to eligible game marketplace items appear, can I actually take the plunge.

EDIT: Also I knew I should have waited until the 1st to purchase Crysis, Jet Set Radio, MVC3:FTW Costume Pack, and the Marvel: Avengers Chronicles and Captain America tables for Pinball FX2 ... because the MyAchievements rewards begins on that date. I'm hoping more confirmations means I can take advantage of the 2% rewards returns ...

Edited by Crono-00, 05 October 2012 - 05:51 AM.
Not knowing if you get a reward refund is the real horror

#1182 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

for the october horror rewards promo. would the resident evil 4 and code veronica code x redeem codes work for this?

#1183 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

The birthday gift is 20MSP. Someone on another forum has got theirs pending...

LOL... so they were right. it is worth 25 cents... between that and the 2% back on purchases, I'm swimming in points now.

Confirming this. My birthday was on the 1st. Checked my e-mail earlier and saw I got an e-mail from Xbox Live Rewards about a gift for my birthday...which was 20 MSP.

I found it extremely hilarious since I don't even have a 360 anymore and just the thought that the "sweet surprise" (as written in the e-mail) is the equivalent of a quarter. Heck, I didn't even know Xbox Live Rewards was a thing. Looked into and apparently the site claims the 3000G reward is the 20 MSP for your birthday and you need Gold to unlock them. Which is funny since I haven't had Gold since I got rid of my 360 earlier last year.

That and there's this: Birthday Gift (approximate retail value ("ARV"): $0.25 USD)

#1184 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

for the october horror rewards promo. would the resident evil 4 and code veronica code x redeem codes work for this?

Again I have to tell you, that NONE of the codes are eligible to get the promo points...you can't use codes for Xbox Rewards EVER! (do not confuse them with rewards like the SoA Promo, because this had nothing to do with Xbox Rewards...)

#1185 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Again I have to tell you, that NONE of the codes are eligible to get the promo points...you can't use codes for Xbox Rewards EVER!

sorry, forgot.

#1186 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Confirming this. My birthday was on the 1st. Checked my e-mail earlier and saw I got an e-mail from Xbox Live Rewards about a gift for my birthday...which was 20 MSP.

I found it extremely hilarious since I don't even have a 360 anymore and just the thought that the "sweet surprise" (as written in the e-mail) is the equivalent of a quarter. Heck, I didn't even know Xbox Live Rewards was a thing.

that's odd. I remembered you had to manually enroll into the Rewards program. Being a Gold member doesn't automatically put you into the rewards program. maybe the email is to entice you to enroll as well?

#1187 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

I inquired a few days ago with a list of additional content that may be eligible but the only response I've gotten was that he'd pass the list along, no definitive answer regarding any of my possible qualifying items as Juice received.

I'll update if they ever get back to me with a concrete yes or no.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#1188 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Who else has an October birthday? This achievement rewards thing really really sucks. :lol:

#1189 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Noooooo, Deathsmiles 2X has been refused for the October reward offer. I guess it is expected since it has more of a Christmas theme than horror theme. I had really hoped I could just knock out the October reward offer with just that one purchase, and now I will continue to wait for a better opportunity to get any sort of discount on it. I will try to edit the OP to reflect the revealed information that both games in the series do not qualify by the forums (by XBLRewards5).

Now I hope the Plants Vs. Zombies table for Pinball FX2, the DLC characters and music packs for Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, and the F.E.A.R. 2 DLC to even consider a combination of potential purchases which could actually take advantage of the reward offer. I really do hope for some confirmations soon, I do want to make some purchases.

EDIT: Despite the OP listing The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai as a non-qualifier, I thought I saw on the forums that it did apply to the reward offer. Just saying the OP may have this title listed incorrectly.

EDIT 2: I changed the OP to show The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai as eligible based on this link

Edited by Crono-00, 09 October 2012 - 02:57 PM.
I can't handle the truth =(

#1190 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

I'm still holding hope for RE4 and RE Veronica to have a sale this month :pray:

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1191 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Who else has an October birthday? This achievement rewards thing really really sucks. :lol:

I do. I received (or rather, pending) my awesome shiny quarter.
Posted Image

#1192 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Just received confirmation from XBLRewards5 on the Rewards Forum, that both Alan Wake DLCs "The Signal" & "The Writer" qualify for the October promotion (which I'm sure most would have guessed)......but also confirmation of the Indie game, "Decay"....which has 4 parts. (All 4 parts are confirmed = 800pts)

So if you were to purchase everything together, (as of today with no sales/discount of either game), you will spend 1,920pts.

Enjoy Gamers !

#1193 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

just for clear confirmation if i buy points at toysrus then redeem the code and buy horror stuff it will not count? or will it?

#1194 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Just received confirmation from XBLRewards5 on the Rewards Forum, that both Alan Wake DLCs "The Signal" & "The Writer" qualify for the October promotion (which I'm sure most would have guessed)......but also confirmation of the Indie game, "Decay"....which has 4 parts. (All 4 parts are confirmed = 800pts)

So if you were to purchase everything together, (as of today with no sales/discount of either game), you will spend 1,920pts.

Enjoy Gamers !

Good to know Tar. I'm still awaiting confirmation on my proposed items, though the way my correspondent worded his reply I'm not sure if anything is coming.

cannniaiainiaiac

#1195 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

just for clear confirmation if i buy points at toysrus then redeem the code and buy horror stuff it will not count? or will it?

When people talk about "redeeming codes" and if they qualify, they're talking about download codes they've bought or traded that allow them to specifically download games/content, ie. a specific code for Joust would not qualify as having "purchased" Joust for such things as Xbox Rewards.

Buying and redeeming a "code" for Microsoft Points then using those points to purchase games/content is standard-operating-procedure.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#1196 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Well my inquire was finally answered http://forums.xbox.c...9/t/350349.aspx

Heres some additions for the confirmed list of eligible October rewards titles.

• Dead Space Ignition
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Fear 2
  • Alan Wake

And here are a couple confirmed as NOT eligible

Splatterhouse
Pinball FX Plants vs Zombies Table
Costume Quest

Now granted I clearly understand why the pinball table and Costume Quest aren't eligible as it was a longshot at best, but I have to say I'm disappointed Splatterhouse has been omitted. I was finally going to bite on its DLC.

Oh well.

cannniaiainiaiac

#1197 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Wow Splatterhouse isnt included?

Im assuming both Dishwasher games are included in OCT promo? Which one came first?

I have purchased TWD epi 2, 3, and 4 now... so that puts me at 1200... I might just bite on the dead rising games. Any suggestions from fellow CAGs out there?

#1198 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

also, to the user who complained about C:HoD... it and ALL of its DLC, Avatar items (if any), gamer pics, and themes DO count... or am I not understanding the rules too well?

Can anyone tell me what xtra characters in C:HoD ARENT doubles of other characters?

#1199 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

also, to the user who complained about C:HoD... it and ALL of its DLC, Avatar items (if any), gamer pics, and themes DO count... or am I not understanding the rules too well?

Can anyone tell me what xtra characters in C:HoD ARENT doubles of other characters?

The Game and its DLC all count. As for pics and themes I would assume so, but its entirely possible they don't.

As for the characters, none of them are carbon copy doubles, but some play extremely similar with very minor differences.

Heres a short rundown I found with a quick google search

http://www.gamespot....ences-58829959/

cannniaiainiaiac

#1200 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

The Game and its DLC all count. As for pics and themes I would assume so, but its entirely possible they don't.

As for the characters, none of them are carbon copy doubles, but some play extremely similar with very minor differences.

Heres a short rundown I found with a quick google search

http://www.gamespot....ences-58829959/

Thank you sir... are you still playing HoD or Borderlands?

... I need to give CS a rest for a couple of days

i think we played Borderlands 1 for like an hour a week or so ago