Xbox Rewards Wiki

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#1261 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

It's not an entry. It's to sign up for the Rewards program so if you were already a member you didn't need to download it.

do you think im probably over reacting or i should pick up Bio2+Minerva's Den to make sure? Im gonna be pissed if i spent 2000 pts this month without the kickback and this is the week to buy things that go towards the special.

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#1262 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

do you think im probably over reacting or i should pick up Bio2+Minerva's Den to make sure? Im gonna be pissed if i spent 2000 pts this month without the kickback and this is the week to buy things that go towards the special.

Pick them up if you actually want them (I grabbed both along with Minerva's den). You can do to the promo section of the dashboard and check for yourself. It says "Must be an xbox live rewards member to participate" and then under it the download link says "sign up now".
Posted Image

#1263 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Pick them up if you actually want them (I grabbed both along with Minerva's den). You can do to the promo section of the dashboard and check for yourself. It says "Must be an xbox live rewards member to participate" and then under it the download link says "sign up now".

Thanks for that... i guess ill wait till late tomorrow night to see if the 300 pts show up in my rewards "queue" (thats what im calling it anyways). No big deal, Bioshock 2 is supposed to be just as good right?

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#1264 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for that... i guess ill wait till late tomorrow night to see if the 300 pts show up in my rewards "queue" (thats what im calling it anyways). No big deal, Bioshock 2 is supposed to be just as good right?

As the first one? Yes and no. The story is no where near as good as the first BioShock. But the controls and gameplay are better. It's not bad by any means, but it isn't the first one.

#1265 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

As the first one? Yes and no. The story is no where near as good as the first BioShock. But the controls and gameplay are better. It's not bad by any means, but it isn't the first one.

whats all the fuss about minerva's den?

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#1266 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

I seriously hope this talk about needing to download the gamerpic or whatnot first before downloading shocktober games isn't true because I already purchase 1600 msp before downloading it from the console

If you were a member of the Rewards program at http://rewards.xbox.com, then yes, you're well on your way. However, if you didn't join, and only now downloaded the gamerpic, then I'm afraid that investment will not count ... they only count towards Rewards once you opt-into the program.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1267 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Did the Great Journey across to the forum and, hey, whaddya know. It only took them 19 days to produce a Shocktober qualifying list. Better late than never!

Woot, new additions to the "confirmed" list!

Games (includes all associated DLC, themes, and avatar items)
  • Dark Souls
  • Prototype
  • Prototype 2
  • Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon

DLC (not included as part of core game):
  • A World of Keflings - The Curse of Zombiesaurus DLC

• "empty"

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1268 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Oh, wow. Was not expecting to see the Dark Souls DLC pop in it since it just came out.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1269 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

RE4 + Dark Souls DLC to get those 300 pts aww yeah

#1270 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

whats all the fuss about minerva's den?

Its story is closer in style to that of the first one. It's by far the best piece of DLC for BioShock 2. It's definitely worth buying if you get BS2.

#1271 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Its story is closer in style to that of the first one. It's by far the best piece of DLC for BioShock 2. It's definitely worth buying if you get BS2.

i think im gonna pull the trigger on both Bioshock 2 and minerva's den since my 300 pt kickback still isnt showing a week later. Has it shown up for anyone else yet?

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#1272 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

i think im gonna pull the trigger on both Bioshock 2 and minerva's den since my 300 pt kickback still isnt showing a week later. Has it shown up for anyone else yet?

They said on twitter that they don't count the amount you spend in the marketplace until the end of the month. So nobody is getting points from the shocktober promo until next month.

Edited by angelfly, 29 October 2012 - 10:45 PM.

Posted Image

#1273 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

If you were a member of the Rewards program at http://rewards.xbox.com, then yes, you're well on your way. However, if you didn't join, and only now downloaded the gamerpic, then I'm afraid that investment will not count ... they only count towards Rewards once you opt-into the program.

Good to know. And I joined Rewards at the start of the program
Also, caved in and bought Bioshock 2. Now that should definitely secure me my 300 MSP. I would have purchased BS1 but I played that game already (and loved it). BS2 I haven't and it has MP which I hear is still alive and kicking so it was a no brainer.
So let's see here...
Metro 2033 (bought during sale)
RE4
Bioshock 2
DR2 Case Zero

I heard buying Metro 2033 while it was on sale doesn't count????

#1274 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

I didn't think Minerva's Den was radically different or better than the main campaign in BioShock 2. That's not to say that Minerva's Den isn't excellent, but I thought the main campaign was outstanding too. I'm honestly kinda not sure what people see in MD that they don't in the base game.
Spoiler

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1275 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

They said on twitter that they don't count the amount you spend in the marketplace until the end of the month. So nobody is getting points from the shocktober promo until next month.

thank you again, i went back to my billing history and made sure i hit 2000 pts... TWD 2, 3, and 4 & Bioshock puts me at 2000.

im gonna hold onto these points and ill pick up B2 soon. Here is hoping for a Halo 3/Wars GoD coming up!

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

#1276 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Soooo... bit of a noob question here: I've been a Rewards member since September 29th 2012, took the October survey and got its 20 points. So far so good.

Last week, I took advantage of the discounts to pile up my points for the "spend 2000, get 300 back" rebate, so I bought Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Resident Evil 4 HD and all Bioshock 2 DLCs except for the Sinclair Solutions one, for a grand total of 2200 points. Mind you, I bought all of them through the Xbox.com page as I usually do, not through the Xbox dashboard.

The problem is, none of those purchases show up on my Rewards profile page, not even in the pending tab. Furthermore, my avatar appears updated, but my gamer picture is still the old one I had when I registered my account, so I wonder if there could be some option I'm not aware of that let me sync the Rewards page with my Xbox profile (even though I thought that should be automatic).

Should I just wait to see my points correctly credited sometime, I'm better off contacting Rewards support or am I definitively screwed for this month's offer? :(
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1277 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

From the FAQ - http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#fmi

When will I receive my 300 Microsoft Points? A. All eligible Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchases will be calculated daily. Rewards Points will be posted under Pending on the Xbox LIVE Rewards site within 96 hours of meeting the offer requirements. Points will then be deposited to your Xbox LIVE account by November 15, 2012.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#1278 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

From the FAQ - http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#fmi

When will I receive my 300 Microsoft Points? A. All eligible Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchases will be calculated daily. Rewards Points will be posted under Pending on the Xbox LIVE Rewards site within 96 hours of meeting the offer requirements. Points will then be deposited to your Xbox LIVE account by November 15, 2012.

Yeah I guess the twitter answer only applies to the achievement level rebate as my shocktober points posted today but the rebates bonus points weren't.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1279 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Pending for me as well

#1280 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Ok, crisis averted, guess I just had to wait a little more... :bouncy:
Since I'm new to the program, I thought they would add every single item to my pending queue as I bought it, but they did list a summary instead... well, I said mine was a noob question, after all! :lol:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1281 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

...not showing up on mine yet.
Posted Image

#1282 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

I think I asked this earlier about whether you were eligible if you used cash to purchase some of the games (RE4 and Metro 2033 in my case). I'm hoping you might all see it my way that you would as I noticed that in the Spooky Rewards tab on the dashboard it says this:

"Get 300 Microsoft Points back when you purchase horror-themed Xbox Video Movies or TV Shows, Avatar items, Game Add-ons, Games on Demand, or Arcade Games worth 2,000 Microsoft Points or more."

Note the worth 2000 MS points. My reading of that is that they have to be worth 2000 points not that you have to spend 2000 points. Does anyone see it that way too in case I have to argue with them over it?

#1283 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Whoo-Hoo !! Just got the email from Xbox Live Rewards regarding the code(s) for the FREE Halo 4 Avatar Armor for watching the debates. I wasn't expecting it this soon, but it's pretty cool to see that they've delivered so quickly.

Game on !

#1284 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Got mine as well.
Posted Image

#1285 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Big update to the OP ... including many titles that were previously declared as "no good", but are now valid. w00t!

70109.png

#1286 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

are Murder Miner and Decay the only XBLIG that qualify?

#1287 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

probably a dumb question but can both codes for the gold halo presidential avatar be used or do you have to choose just one?

#1288 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'm a bit annoyed Splatterhouse made the cut after being denied at least 3 times forcing me to take another option, but I suppose its simply saved for a 5% back month now.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#1289 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

probably a dumb question but can both codes for the gold halo presidential avatar be used or do you have to choose just one?

Yes they can be both used but you have to Avatar change sex to redeem both on one account.

Darn, I was thinking about getting the Borderlands 2 season pass but it isn't qualified.

#1290 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Why isn't Dead Block on the list? These Xbox Rewards people have no idea what they're doing. *shakes head*