Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

What the Fuck?!?!??!?!

my thoughts exactly

#32 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:45 AM

Yeah more than anything this is a response to the Vita price.

Nintendo hoped 3D would be the big selling point, it wasn't. They made money on the million or so people willing to jump in early, now for the holiday they push a really strong lineup of games at almost $100 less than Vita.

I don't see how it's a bad thing for Nintendo..

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#33 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:45 AM

Alright guys over/under how many 3ds's will be sold in the us from now till the 12'th, i say 1,500
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#34 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

It's not guaranteed to be $150 in US yet. They've only announced the japanese price.

If we've learned anything lately it's that Nintendo of America is fully and completely incompetent and probably will go with $200.

Love my 3DS. Haters just hate, but i've had a lot of fun with that system since launch.

That said probably could have waited or the price drop.

This has actually been my favorite Nintendo portable system, but I definitely think it was overpriced. Anywho, all the free games for early adopters will be nice.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#35 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

What?! I cannot believe this. Nintendo dropping the price by almost $100 is just absurd. I'm still having trouble believing this is real. This is Nintendo basically admitting the things a complete failure.

#36 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:47 AM

Alright guys over/under how many 3ds's will be sold in the us from now till the 12'th, i say 1,500

if you're smart you'd buy one at best buy less than a month before the drop and then get a price adjustment, and get the free NES/GBA games.

#37 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

I don't know what to make of the bolded part. On one hand, exclusive content to early adopters is cool, I guess. On the other, they have no plans to make Metroid Fusion or Mario Kart Super Circuit available to everyone else? Pretty lame.

#38 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

10 Free NES games, 10 free GBA games. Fuck yes.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#39 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

As someone who already owns a 3DS, the big news from this announcement is the expansion of 3DS' Virtual Console to include GBA games! ...And I guess non-updated NES games means potential for other home console support. Hopefully they don't make you rebuy anything you already bought on the Wii.
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#40 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

I don't know what to make of the bolded part. On one hand, exclusive content to early adopters is cool, I guess. On the other, they have no plans to make Metroid Fusion or Mario Kart Super Circuit available to everyone else? Pretty lame.

I think those games will be available, at a later date

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#41 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

What?! I cannot believe this. Nintendo dropping the price by almost $100 is just absurd. I'm still having trouble believing this is real. This is Nintendo basically admitting the things a complete failure.

Its smart to react to the market. It's smart to profit the most off early adopters.

#42 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

10 Free NES games, 10 free GBA games. Fuck yes.

I'd rather have a voucher for a full retail 3DS game-- or about $100 back.

#43 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

if you're smart you'd buy one at best buy less than a month before the drop and then get a price adjustment, and get the free NES/GBA games.

The free games are great but im not interested in those snes/gba games at the moment. However for that price ajustment, do they do that with consoles ?
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#44 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

I think those games will be available, at a later date

Nah, it seemed pretty clear they don't intend to, at least not currently..."Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future."

#45 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Probably just a PR way of avoiding confirming or denying the existence of a NES/GBA/SNES/etc Virtual Console and all the details that would need to be given along with that.

Expect it at a later date, there's no reason for them not to.

#46 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

Nah, it seemed pretty clear they don't intend to, at least not currently..."Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future."

Aka they don't want to officially announce it yet. They're just announcing it for the ambassadors right now to appease the fury of the price drop happening this quick.

#47 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

I was waiting for this. But 4 months after launch ? Wow
Currently playing

690739.png

#48 fartman

fartman

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

this news couldn't have come at a better time
I just received back 180$ I was scammed out of for a 3ds i tried to buy on ebay after several long weeks of waiting.

Not only is the price down, but it's also 10$ cheaper than I was willing to pay for? Schweet

#49 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

It's just Public Relations speak.

If you asked nintendo about a price drop a week ago they'd say "Nintendo currently has no plans to drop the price of the Nintendo 3DS which provides a great value etc etc"

#50 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Wow, that's an insane price drop.... certainly much needed to compete with the Vita. I love competition :)

#51 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

I'd rather have a voucher for a full retail 3DS game-- or about $100 back.

By Nintendo values, early adopters are getting like...$130-$150 back, depending on how they price GBA games in the future.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#52 dallow

dallow

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

So not worth the $90 premium these last few months.
Wow. I should have waited. Stupid 3D tech bug.

#53 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Not worth the $90 premium (nothing would be) but i've had a lot of fun with my 3DS.

It actually makes an awesome netflix watching portable device because it props up on its own for watching on a table or desk or bed. And the speakers are a lot better than my phone's ones.

#54 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

I'm curious to see if this drives up sales. If people really don't want or enjoy 3d, it doesn't matter how much they'll drop the price.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#55 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:56 AM

I'm curious to see if this drives up sales. If people really don't want or enjoy 3d, it doesn't matter how much they'll drop the price.

everything you can do with it works just fine in 2D.

Actually, better - a lot of games look better or run smoother in 2D.

#56 Goodfella2487

Goodfella2487

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:56 AM

lol Fucking failure of a console. You can keep it, Nintendo.

#57 fartman

fartman

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

I'm curious to see how this impacts sales on ebay & craigslist.

#58 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

This explains why there are some places selling them for $214.99, trying to unload them before the price drop.
[URL="http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/mgkpx"][/URL]

#59 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

Also, this basically confirms Nintendo was selling the system at an INSANE profit margin. There is no way otherwise they would have done a drop this drastic.

#60 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

It's just Public Relations speak.

If you asked nintendo about a price drop a week ago they'd say "Nintendo currently has no plans to drop the price of the Nintendo 3DS which provides a great value etc etc"

You're likely right, but I still don't like that they left open the possibility for not giving general pop those games.