3DS MSRP Drop to $169.99 On 08/12/11, already at Target, WM, Amazon

Celsius

CAGiversary!
Pre-order at the lower price at Amazon
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

Quick Details:

Connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the below free games:

NES Virtual Console games:
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong JR.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climbers
The Legend of Zelda
+ 5 more

Gameboy Advance Virtual Console games (exclusive to this program)
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Mario Kart Advance
Metroid Fusion
Wario ware
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
+ 3 more

US Press Release
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo of America today announced plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable Nintendo 3DS™system to $169.99 in the United States, as new games based on some of the world’s most beloved video game franchises head to the system. The new price, down from the suggested launch price of $249.99 and effective Aug. 12, makes an outstanding value even better and sets up a strong holiday season for the system.

“For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now,” said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a Nintendo 3DS, from an amazing new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games.”

Nintendo 3DS has the strongest software lineup of any video game system this holiday season and the new price now opens up the glasses-free 3D experience to many more consumers. Building on the popularity of The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, which launched June 19, the upcoming game calendar is a Who’s Who of iconic video game franchises. Star Fox 64™ 3D arrives on Sept. 9, followed by Super Mario™ 3D Land in November, Mario Kart™ 7 in December and Kid Icarus™: Uprising during the holiday season. In addition to great games, Nintendo 3DS has a host of attractive features* that make it the must-have video game system this season:

The new Nintendo Video™ service automatically delivers short 3D videos from the worlds of music, comedy, animation and Hollywood.A free application allows Netflix members with unlimited streaming plans to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix.

The Nintendo eShop is a digital store for Nintendo 3DS owners that provides access to a wide variety of downloadable content, such as original 3D software, classic games that have been re-mastered in 3D called 3D Classics, Game Boy™ and Game Boy Color “Virtual Console” games in their original 2D glory, and more than 350 Nintendo DSiWare™ games. Visitors can also view video game trailers, screen shots and product information for games, including those available at retail locations.

Since Nintendo 3DS launched in the United States on March 27, more than 830,000 people in the U.S. alone have purchased one to enjoy 3D visuals without the need for special glasses. These Nintendo 3DS owners represent some of Nintendo’s most loyal customers, and Nintendo is rewarding them for getting in on the action early with 20 free downloadable games from the Nintendo eShop.

These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

More details about this program will be announced in the future.

Japan details
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110728_3e.pdf

For Japan, if you buy before august 12, 2011 -- the day of the price drop you get 10 free VC NES games and 10 free VC GB advance games. the VC gba games will only be made available for early adopters -- and never for those who buy on the price drop date.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/index.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/detail.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']What the hell happened there!

I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial![/QUOTE]

Good information. Here are three other things that will give you 50 coins for no money spent.

Pokedex 3D - 10 coins product registration + 10 coins post play survey
Nintendo Video - 10 coins product registration survey
Netflix 3DS - 10 coins product registration survey

And I would guess soon

Zelda 4 Swords - 10 coins product registration + 10 coins post play survey

Also, I really hope there are 20*20 points for the ambassador games. I have a feeling there won't be product registration points for any of them and there won't be post play surveys for the GBA games. So I am expecting 10*10 = 100 points for the NES post play surveys.

So I went back to Best Buy today to get my price match.

I had also called Best Buy on Monday and also posted on their forums. The first time they called me back, they repeated the same spiel that the local BB's manager and reps gave me 'Best Buy has worked together with Nintendo to give you free games, so that is considered a bundle that current systems do not have. And as you know, we don't price adjust for bundles.'

I asked her to call another manager in another BB, as the free games had nothing to do with Best Buy. She did and fortunately that was a sensible manager. So the re[ spoke to my local BB and asked them to do the price match. Another rep posted on the forums as well and said 'The free games have nothing to do with Best Buy, go back to the store and call us from there if they don't price adjust'

I went back today and the rep who condescendingly tried to explain to me what double-dipping meant was busy with another customer. Some other rep price adjusted within 2 minutes, no questions asked. Didn't even have to bring up the phone call/issue number.

Also, thank you to everyone who suggested I follow up on this. I most probably would have returned it and taken the $25 hit.

[quote name='Zmonkay']What were the gold and platinum prizes from this past year (and when are the "current" year's prizes announced?)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JKSonic']The gold is usually some sort of calender, and the platinum from this past year was a set of buttons...and not even nice buttons. When I heard I thought it was like the buttons at Disney World, but this are like the old mushroom top campaign buttons.[/QUOTE]

If you go to the Club Nintendo website and look at the rewards under "View Rewards" you can see an ad for previous Elite rewards. Now it wouldn't shock me to find out they left off some of the awards and last year may have just been a lackluster year, but they do show off a pretty nice looking statue of Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, a Goomba, a Brick, and a Pipe as one Platinum award, and a Mario hat or Punch-Out game as two others. And yes, the Gold level awards look like calendars and cards and such.

You'd have to ask someone who's been a member for more than 12 hours for anymore information.

But don't forget that you'll still have coins to spend on other awards. In fact I'll list here what they've currently got for you:

10 coins will get you one of various screensavers
80 coins will get you a Wii game called "Grill-Off with Ultra Hand"
200 coins will get you a GIANT Mii AR Card (seriously the card, and projection, is huge)
250 coins gets you a reversible pouch, or various Folder and Bookmark sets, or a Tote Bag
300 coins gets you a greeting card set, a folding fan set, or Wii Remote holders
350 coins gets you a patch set, Towel Collection, or poster sets
400 coins gets you a Donkey Kong poster set or a DS Lite Case
450 coins gets you a Wii Remote Wrist Strap
500 coins gets you one of two decks of playing cards
550 coins gets you a messenger bag
600 coins gets you a DS Lite card and stylus case (I think with free styluses)
800 coins gets you a Hanafuda Card set, or (my favorite) the Club Nintendo exclusive DS game Game & Watch Collection 1 or 2
850 coins gets you a Game & Watch Ball Reproduction

All of these are Nintendo themed so check them out. And remember, you don't "earn" them all. You purchase what you want with your coins, so you don't get all the screen savers just because you buy the Grill-Off game. And you don't need to maintain 300 or 600 coins in your account for Elite status. Coins towards Elite status is tracked separately from your current coin total so you can register you 3DS for 160, purchase Grill-Off, have only 80 coins left in your account, but still have 160 coins towards Elite status.

[quote name='whatsinaname']So I went back to Best Buy today to get my price match.

I had also called Best Buy on Monday and also posted on their forums. The first time they called me back, they repeated the same spiel that the local BB's manager and reps gave me 'Best Buy has worked together with Nintendo to give you free games, so that is considered a bundle that current systems do not have. And as you know, we don't price adjust for bundles.'

I asked her to call another manager in another BB, as the free games had nothing to do with Best Buy. She did and fortunately that was a sensible manager. So the re[ spoke to my local BB and asked them to do the price match. Another rep posted on the forums as well and said 'The free games have nothing to do with Best Buy, go back to the store and call us from there if they don't price adjust'

I went back today and the rep who condescendingly tried to explain to me what double-dipping meant was busy with another customer. Some other rep price adjusted within 2 minutes, no questions asked. Didn't even have to bring up the phone call/issue number.

Also, thank you to everyone who suggested I follow up on this. I most probably would have returned it and taken the $25 hit.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the loss of the Ambassador program. Anyway, good thing it worked out. Now I can honestly say to the doomsayers that I do not know of one single person turned down by Best Buy for a 3DS price match.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']YMMV on that ^ my walmart wouldn't allow me return an item I actually bought there, because I had lost the receipt.[/QUOTE]

I think if you used a credit card they can find it in the history of that store. It was Walmart or Miejer that could do that. Not sure.

[quote name='Jswanko']You can return an item to walmart without a receipt right? Thinking about trading in my DSi for a 3DS at Gamestop and then returning that 3DS to walmart. With the trade in deal id make $60.[/QUOTE]

I do not think you can return electronics/cds/video games without a receipt. Everything else, yes.

[quote name='whatsinaname']Good information. Here are three other things that will give you 50 coins for no money spent.

Pokedex 3D - 10 coins product registration + 10 coins post play survey
Nintendo Video - 10 coins product registration survey
Netflix 3DS - 10 coins product registration survey

And I would guess soon

Zelda 4 Swords - 10 coins product registration + 10 coins post play survey

Also, I really hope there are 20*20 points for the ambassador games. I have a feeling there won't be product registration points for any of them and there won't be post play surveys for the GBA games. So I am expecting 10*10 = 100 points for the NES post play surveys.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and there's also 30 coins for just creating an account (and filling out a survey about your registering for Club Nintendo).

However I downloaded Pokedex 3D and Nintendo Video 9 days ago, and was only alerted to the 7 day limit after linking the 3DS at about 11 last night. So I immediately sent in an email to complain and ask if they can register it for me and give me my surveys. Stupid 2 freaking days. I just might not get those 30 points. And you know what. With those, I'd be at 500 right now. I registered some older DS games I had, before I learned I would get points for the free games, and potentially 400 points at that. Though I wonder if Gold status in under an hour is some sort of record.

And you know, I was serious in those lines you quoted. Perhaps you might've noticed that this complaint I just mentioned was also the very last line of my "infomercial", well aside from "Have fun". I was only going to complain about that but suddenly I just kept typing and typing and I couldn't help myself.

I think I was possessed by Billy Mays. I can still hear his voice!

Thread was cleaned again. During my edit it went from page 80 back to 79.

And I didn't even post a counter argument this time against this week's questionable activity.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Thread was cleaned again. During my edit it went from page 80 back to 79.

And I didn't even post a counter argument this time against this week's questionable activity.[/QUOTE]

What is a cleaning of thread? I created to messages about a return process and they are gone. Weird. The first was about Walmarts return without a receipt and then how Miejer can pull up history if you give them a credit card number.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']What is a cleaning of thread? I created to messages about a return process and they are gone. Weird. The first was about Walmarts return without a receipt and then how Miejer can pull up history if you give them a credit card number.[/QUOTE]

A cleaning of a thread is when a moderator removes posts that violate the Forum guidelines. In the case of this Forum they likely contained illegal or at least highly suspect activity.

If your posts were among those removed it was either because your activity was the suspect one and you probably received a warning from the moderator who cleaned the thread, or you quoted or directly referenced the suspect activity.

If your posts were among those removed you also should not return to report the content of them as if you wind up repeating the suspect information you would get in even greater trouble. Just pretend like those posts never existed and go on with your day.

You know, IMO, the biggest "fail" of this whole price drop is the fact that the DSI XL is still $170 as well... I'm just not sure how they can justify that at this point.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']If you go to the Club Nintendo website and look at the rewards under "View Rewards" you can see an ad for previous Elite rewards.

All of these are Nintendo themed so check them out. And remember, you don't "earn" them all. You purchase what you want with your coins, so you don't get all the screen savers just because you buy the Grill-Off game. And you don't need to maintain 300 or 600 coins in your account for Elite status. Coins towards Elite status is tracked separately from your current coin total so you can register you 3DS for 160, purchase Grill-Off, have only 80 coins left in your account, but still have 160 coins towards Elite status.[/QUOTE]

Don't know how I missed that. You're right, that statue is pretty cool.

One last question: If you have gold/platinum status, do you automatically get the gold/platinum prize, or do you also have to have enough coins for it (regarding your example of purchasing Grill-Off and still having all the coins towards Elite status).

[quote name='Zmonkay']Don't know how I missed that. You're right, that statue is pretty cool.

One last question: If you have gold/platinum status, do you automatically get the gold/platinum prize, or do you also have to have enough coins for it (regarding your example of purchasing Grill-Off and still having all the coins towards Elite status).[/QUOTE]

I think once you are a Gold/Platinum member, you just claim your gift. No coins are used for that.

Also, if you use your coins for other gifts, they should not subtract from your total towards that years Gold/Platinum membership.

[quote name='whatsinaname']I think once you are a Gold/Platinum member, you just claim your gift. No coins are used for that.

Also, if you use your coins for other gifts, they should not subtract from your total towards that years Gold/Platinum membership.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you don't actually use your points for the gold/platinum stuff but you DO have to claim it I believe...I'm pretty sure it's not just sent.

And yes too, if you use your points for a gift it's not subtracted from your running total towards gold/platinum.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Don't know how I missed that. You're right, that statue is pretty cool.

One last question: If you have gold/platinum status, do you automatically get the gold/platinum prize, or do you also have to have enough coins for it (regarding your example of purchasing Grill-Off and still having all the coins towards Elite status).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whatsinaname']I think once you are a Gold/Platinum member, you just claim your gift. No coins are used for that.

Also, if you use your coins for other gifts, they should not subtract from your total towards that years Gold/Platinum membership.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JKSonic']Yeah you don't actually use your points for the gold/platinum stuff but you DO have to claim it I believe...I'm pretty sure it's not just sent.

And yes too, if you use your points for a gift it's not subtracted from your running total towards gold/platinum.[/QUOTE]

Once you have Gold or Platinum status you qualify for one of the end of year (again, that's June) Elite rewards. That's ONE. Even if you're Platinum you only get one. If you think the Platinum reward sucks (like the buttons JKSonic disliked) then you can choose a Gold level reward in it's place. I don't know if there is more than one Platinum level award offered at a time but it seems that there is definitely more than one Gold level award so even the Gold members still have a choice, if not as interesting a choice.

The Elite rewards cost no coins at all. That's none. 0. You could've earned exactly 600 coins in the one year (July to June), spent it all on the DS Lite Card and Stylus case, and still accept a Platinum award (or again, Gold if you choose it instead).

The only "catch" is that you MUST select an Elite award. You will not automatically receive an Elite award. You also have a "limited time" to choose your reward, according to the FAQ, but that length of time is not elaborated on. If you qualify for a Gold or Platinum award you will be notified by email shortly after June 30th to inform you how to choose your reward.

Note that, according to my browsing the Club Nintendo Forums, the regular rewards ship to your door in about 2 weeks from ordering while the Elite rewards are made to order and do not ship for several months. The people waiting for the 2011 Elite rewards are expecting to receive them by December.

Also, on a final note, you can hold onto your coins from this year if you only earn a few and want to purchase something bigger next year, BUT your coins towards Elite status reset to 0 on June 30th. This means if you only earn 200 coins this year, you can keep them for next year, but if nest year you earn only 100 more you will have 300 coins to spend but only have earned 100 coins towards next years Elite Status. Coins last for 2 entire years plus the remainder of the current year. This means that coins earned today will not expire until June 30th 2014.

[quote name='JKSonic']You know, IMO, the biggest "fail" of this whole price drop is the fact that the DSI XL is still $170 as well... I'm just not sure how they can justify that at this point.[/QUOTE]

You being serious? Its iwatas way of forcing people into the 3DS. He is counting on the old DS's being priced high as the 3DS where they'll just get the new shiny 3DS instead. Problem is the majority of DS's sold nowadays are the 99 buck DS Lites. Iwata is basically destroying any chance of the DS continuing in sales for the sake of improving 3DS sales worldwide. We'll see how his strategy works in the long run.

[quote name='blitz6speed']You being serious? Its iwatas way of forcing people into the 3DS. He is counting on the old DS's being priced high as the 3DS where they'll just get the new shiny 3DS instead. Problem is the majority of DS's sold nowadays are the 99 buck DS Lites. Iwata is basically destroying any chance of the DS continuing in sales for the sake of improving 3DS sales worldwide. We'll see how his strategy works in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm being serious, I was hoping the 3DS price drop would affect the DS's as well so I could just pick up a DSI (don't really care about the XL) on the cheap. Yet, instead they're doing like you said and trying to trick people into getting 3DS's.

I'm a stay at home Dad (for now? for ever?) and I just want something cheap and easy to play during the times when I kinda have to just sit around with my Boys. I've seen Winnie the Pooh and Cars enough times I have them memorized.

[quote name='JKSonic']Yes I'm being serious, I was hoping the 3DS price drop would affect the DS's as well so I could just pick up a DSI (don't really care about the XL) on the cheap. Yet, instead they're doing like you said and trying to trick people into getting 3DS's.

I'm a stay at home Dad (for now? for ever?) and I just want something cheap and easy to play during the times when I kinda have to just sit around with my Boys. I've seen Winnie the Pooh and Cars enough times I have them memorized.[/QUOTE]

That made me think of Will Smith reciting Shrek in "I Am Legend". haha

[quote name='UNC5052']You can now check your eligibility (NA) for the ambassador program
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...menu=about&submenu=ctr-gi-amb-program-what-is

Go to the How to section and go to how to confirm your eligibility and enter the serial code number. (You may have to leave off the last number that is in the box)[/QUOTE]

OH NO YOU DIDN'T NINTENDO!

I checked my eligibility and it says:

Your system was purchased after the deadline for becoming a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador. The Ambassador program is available to any Nintendo 3DS owner who connected to the Nintendo eShop or performed the latest system update before 11:59pm Eastern August 11, 2011.

I got a message on my 3DS that said I was an ambassador but I am getting this message on the site.

I hope it's an error or I will be VERY upset!

EDIT! FALSE ALARM?
Did it again but left the number in the box out and it says I am an ambassador...

[quote name='eliter1']OH NO YOU DIDN'T NINTENDO!

Your system was purchased after the deadline for becoming a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador. The Ambassador program is available to any Nintendo 3DS owner who connected to the Nintendo eShop or performed the latest system update before 11:59pm Eastern August 11, 2011.

I got a message on my 3DS that said I was an ambassador but I am getting this message on the site.

EDIT! FALSE ALARM?
Did it again but left the number in the box out and it says I am an ambassador...[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing at first, but then I tried leaving it out and it worked. It think it is a typo on the NOA site because the Australian site says to leave the number in the box off.

[quote name='UNC5052']I did the same thing at first, but then I tried leaving it out and it worked. It think it is a typo on the NOA site because the Australian site says to leave the number in the box off.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, I entered mine WITH the number in the box in and it confirms I'm an ambassador.

[quote name='UNC5052']You can now check your eligibility (NA) for the ambassador program
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...menu=about&submenu=ctr-gi-amb-program-what-is

Go to the How to section and go to how to confirm your eligibility and enter the serial code number. (You may have to leave off the last number that is in the box)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eliter1']OH NO YOU DIDN'T NINTENDO!

EDIT! FALSE ALARM?
Did it again but left the number in the box out and it says I am an ambassador...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UNC5052']I did the same thing at first, but then I tried leaving it out and it worked. It think it is a typo on the NOA site because the Australian site says to leave the number in the box off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ed_']That's odd, I entered mine WITH the number in the box in and it confirms I'm an ambassador.[/QUOTE]

Well just to add my voice to this, I checked it just now and I included the 9th number (that's the last number and is the one in the box) and it spat out the message:

"You are a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador!

Starting Sept. 1, Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge from the Nintendo eShop. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will also provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy™ Advance Virtual Console games. Look for more information soon.

Important: If you have not already done so, connect to the Nintendo eShop today to make sure you are ready to download your free games starting Sept. 1. (How To) Connecting to the Nintendo eShop for the first time after Sept. 1 could delay the availability of the games."

It also lists my full serial number. For those of you who left off the last digit, does it list only what you entered or does it return your full serial number as well? If it lists it in it's entirety, it should be pretty safe to say you won't be encountering any problems come September 1st.

***EDIT***
A little bit of research online suggests that it was not accepting the final number at first, but around 8PM (pacific), it was fixed to allow for the final number to be entered. If you try it again now with the final number, it supposedly would accept that now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']
***EDIT***
A little bit of research online suggests that it was not accepting the final number at first, but around 8PM (pacific), it was fixed to allow for the final number to be entered. If you try it again now with the final number, it supposedly would accept that now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now my serial # is working properly!:applause:

[quote name='karyadi']How would buying a used one be eligible? Don't you need a proof of purchase?[/QUOTE]

It'll be registered if the used unit logged onto the e-shop before the deadline.

So...I wonder it may be worth emailing Nintendo. I bought a 3DS a while back and played it for a bit and then I returned it. Now, it WAS broken so it was a justified return, but in reality I was also needed the money towards some photography equipment. I wonder what they'd say if I sent the serial number to my first system (still have it in an email...long story), got a second system and explained the situation to them...stressing how I returned it because it was broken.

[quote name='JKSonic']So...I wonder it may be worth emailing Nintendo. I bought a 3DS a while back and played it for a bit and then I returned it. Now, it WAS broken so it was a justified return, but in reality I was also needed the money towards some photography equipment. I wonder what they'd say if I sent the serial number to my first system (still have it in an email...long story), got a second system and explained the situation to them...stressing how I returned it because it was broken.[/QUOTE]

How much time is between the purchase/return of the first system and the purchase of the second? Also, is it like it sounds and you haven't yet bought a second?

Either way, if it's only been a couple of weeks I'd think they may try to help you out, especially if they think you might not have been able to immediately replace it for some reason. But if you've been without a 3DS for several months I'd bet they'd give you a flat out no.

So just to update my little complaint I had 3 days ago, I finally got an email response from Nintendo. They registered the Pokedex 3D and Nintendo Video to my Club Nintendo account and their Registration surveys were now available to take. I now have 490 coins and am waiting to do some Post Play surveys starting from 4 to 7 days from now.

The really nice thing about it, too, is that even though I forgot to give my account information in my email request (because it was so late and I had been awake for so long that I couldn't really think about much of anything) the representative was extraordinarily helpful and simply matched my email address to my account to register the items.

So now in the end the only complaints I have are that there was no warning that I'd have to take a few extra steps to get those coins if I waited more than 7 days to link my system and that Nintendo doesn't send out "We have received your email" response emails so I worried for the last 3 days that they might not have even received my email.

So I guess I'll just add a reminder here for you all:

If you want Club Nintendo coins for your Ambassador games, make a Club Nintendo account if you haven't made one yet and link your 3DS system's eShop to it before you download the games on September 1st.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']So just to update my little complaint I had 3 days ago, I finally got an email response from Nintendo. They registered the Pokedex 3D and Nintendo Video to my Club Nintendo account and their Registration surveys were now available to take. I now have 490 coins and am waiting to do some Post Play surveys starting from 4 to 7 days from now.

The really nice thing about it, too, is that even though I forgot to give my account information in my email request (because it was so late and I had been awake for so long that I couldn't really think about much of anything) the representative was extraordinarily helpful and simply matched my email address to my account to register the items.

So now in the end the only complaints I have are that there was no warning that I'd have to take a few extra steps to get those coins if I waited more than 7 days to link my system and that Nintendo doesn't send out "We have received your email" response emails so I worried for the last 3 days that they might not have even received my email.

So I guess I'll just add a reminder here for you all:

If you want Club Nintendo coins for your Ambassador games, make a Club Nintendo account if you haven't made one yet and link your 3DS system's eShop to it before you download the games on September 1st.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I am at about 440 with 3-4 post play surveys left. Bought a few DS games on sale last week.

Also, Nintendo announced that there will be coins for the Ambassador games. Should hit platinum this year. I just hope this year's gifts are not crap like last years.

[quote name='darkjedi187']After registering mine I shot up to 510 coins. Just need 90 more to hit platinum![/QUOTE]

Thought it was 800...no?

I registered my 3DS a few days ago but never got the survey for the coins. Who do I e-mail to get the survey normally I wouldn't complain but 160 coins is 160 coins and I'm close to platinum status.

t i found out this USED system i bought from amazon is eligible for the ambassador program via the checker. is there a way i can get an email notification? i just registered this on club nintendo.

[quote name='jjoplinfan']Did anyone get notice of the ambassador games being available yet?[/QUOTE]

They have been available since the 31st... You have to go into your download history and download them.

[quote name='jjoplinfan']Did anyone get notice of the ambassador games being available yet?[/QUOTE]

The first ten are available...log on to the store, and scroll to the far lefthand side where it says setting/other (I think that's what it says) and then go to downloads. It will have all of the games you've already paid and dowloaded, and then mixed in there are the ten NES games which include Metroid, Super Mario Bros and Zelda I and II...they haven't released any of the GBA games yet.

I like how you can queue the 10 games to download, rather than having to manually download one at a time and sit there looking bored.

Oh wait... :|

[quote name='WilliamG']I like how you can queue the 10 games to download, rather than having to manually download one at a time and sit there looking bored.

Oh wait... :|[/QUOTE]

Well you normally don't need to queue redownloads

bread's done
Back