3DS MSRP Drop to $169.99 On 08/12/11, already at Target, WM, Amazon

Celsius

CAGiversary!
Pre-order at the lower price at Amazon
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

Quick Details:

Connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the below free games:

NES Virtual Console games:
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong JR.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climbers
The Legend of Zelda
+ 5 more

Gameboy Advance Virtual Console games (exclusive to this program)
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Mario Kart Advance
Metroid Fusion
Wario ware
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
+ 3 more

US Press Release
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo of America today announced plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable Nintendo 3DS™system to $169.99 in the United States, as new games based on some of the world’s most beloved video game franchises head to the system. The new price, down from the suggested launch price of $249.99 and effective Aug. 12, makes an outstanding value even better and sets up a strong holiday season for the system.

“For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now,” said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a Nintendo 3DS, from an amazing new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games.”

Nintendo 3DS has the strongest software lineup of any video game system this holiday season and the new price now opens up the glasses-free 3D experience to many more consumers. Building on the popularity of The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, which launched June 19, the upcoming game calendar is a Who’s Who of iconic video game franchises. Star Fox 64™ 3D arrives on Sept. 9, followed by Super Mario™ 3D Land in November, Mario Kart™ 7 in December and Kid Icarus™: Uprising during the holiday season. In addition to great games, Nintendo 3DS has a host of attractive features* that make it the must-have video game system this season:

The new Nintendo Video™ service automatically delivers short 3D videos from the worlds of music, comedy, animation and Hollywood.A free application allows Netflix members with unlimited streaming plans to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix.

The Nintendo eShop is a digital store for Nintendo 3DS owners that provides access to a wide variety of downloadable content, such as original 3D software, classic games that have been re-mastered in 3D called 3D Classics, Game Boy™ and Game Boy Color “Virtual Console” games in their original 2D glory, and more than 350 Nintendo DSiWare™ games. Visitors can also view video game trailers, screen shots and product information for games, including those available at retail locations.

Since Nintendo 3DS launched in the United States on March 27, more than 830,000 people in the U.S. alone have purchased one to enjoy 3D visuals without the need for special glasses. These Nintendo 3DS owners represent some of Nintendo’s most loyal customers, and Nintendo is rewarding them for getting in on the action early with 20 free downloadable games from the Nintendo eShop.

These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

More details about this program will be announced in the future.

Japan details
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110728_3e.pdf

For Japan, if you buy before august 12, 2011 -- the day of the price drop you get 10 free VC NES games and 10 free VC GB advance games. the VC gba games will only be made available for early adopters -- and never for those who buy on the price drop date.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/index.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/detail.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Also got my $85 back from BB in about 3 minutes. Plus, I paid with GC + cash, and she had no qualms about giving me all cash back as much as I paid (rather than trying to give back partial GC or all GC money).

[quote name='Ertai'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Ertai']Got back from Best Buy, got the Price difference matched as well as the Toys R Us free game.[/QUOTE]Did you have an ad? What did you say/do?[/QUOTE]I had the ad and the website on my phone. I just walked over to the cs desk and asked for a price match.[/QUOTE]
I had Fry's $30 GC ad pulled up on my iPhone with TRU's ad on another tab last night. I walked into Best Buy last night at about 7pm, walked to the games and saw there was one copy of Ghost Recon (for $40). Crap, TRU is selling it for $20. That is the only game I am interested in. I go up to CS and say I was wondering if she could price adjust something and hand her the receipt. As she's scanning it, I ask the girl if they pm GC offers. She looks confused so I clarify, "You know buy such and such get a GC for $x." She apologizes and says no. So I say, "How about buy something, get a game free". She doesn't know so she calls her manager over. The manager again apologized and said they don't. I'm like, "That's okay. Just thought I'd ask." But then she calls "videogames" on her bluetooth type mic on her shirt. She doesn't get an answer. She looks at me and says that they usually have a similar deal to match what others do like that and asks what deal I'm trying to get. I show her my iPhone and explain Fry's $30 GC and TRU's eight games you can pick from. She looks up and says "Yeah we can do that free game for you. That sounds fine." I grab the game, come back and the first girl starts the transaction but then goes in the back (later I find out she's trying to find the ad to print). She's gone for like 15 minutes. I offer the manager my phone so they can type in the URL. She's like nah I'll just finish this without it. I offer to print it out when I get home and get it back to them, if it makes things easier for them. She laughs and says not to worry that it's no problem at all. She adjusts the $39.99 to $0 without batting an eye and hands me my receipts. I ask if the 3DS price adjust is on there as well. I guess she came into the conversation after we finished discussing the price drop. She looks at me like she just did something terrible and apologizes and asks for my receipts back. She does the price adjust in 30 seconds, hands back the receipts and sends me on my way with my $87.44 refunded.

I was thanking them and apologizing for the trouble the whole time they were doing this. I have never been treated so well at a Best Buy, especially when my only expectation from the beginning was to be shot down. In the future when two deals are similar, this Best Buy is definitely getting my business. (And if I ever need a sketchy pm, I'll be looking for Faith or Amanda! :bouncy:)

So I have been patiently waiting for a price for the 3DS where I thought the value met the MSRP. I thought $199 was it. So when the new price was $169, plus I could get it and the $120 in free downloadables (most of the ten announced I would have bought anyway, hoping for the same from the other ten), I was sold. I also got a free $40 game, thanks to this manager at Best Buy. So if you factor in the $160 total in free games, I basically paid $9.99 for my 3DS. Sweet deal!

tl;dr
Bought a 3DS the day the pricedrop was announced.
Went in to BB last night to price adjust with ads on my phone of TRU's free game deal and Fry's $30 GC deal.
Fully expected to be shot down on both free offers (just looking for one, obviously, not both).
Pleasantly surprised when the manager made an exception for me and was willing to give me the free game.
Took a total of probably 20 minutes, but can't complain since I got a free $40 game I wanted anyway, plus $87.44 refunded for the price adjust.
Happy as a clam, as I now have a free $40 game and will be getting about $120 in free downloads for my $169.99 3DS.

Reading about all the people that were so paranoid about BB rejecting them or coming up with theories about how they'd change their policies is pretty funny in hindsight.

[quote name='MorPhiend']
Took a total of probably 20 minutes, but can't complain since I got a free $40 game I wanted anyway, plus $87.44 refunded for the price adjust.
Happy as a clam, as I now have a free $40 game and will be getting about $120 in free downloads for my $169.99 3DS.[/QUOTE]

You must have the nicest Best Buy employees in history. My Best Buy hardly wants to price match their own website.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Reading about all the people that were so paranoid about BB rejecting them or coming up with theories about how they'd change their policies is pretty funny in hindsight.[/QUOTE]

Just went into BB. They refused to price match. They said they'll do a return and re-buy.

I am not sure how I want to proceed as I bought about $20 worth of stuff on the eShop and I lose those if I return the item. (The 3DS to 3DS transfer is not enabled yet)

[quote name='whatsinaname']Just went into BB. They refused to price match. They said they'll do a return and re-buy.

I am not sure how I want to proceed as I bought about $20 worth of stuff on the eShop and I lose those if I return the item. (The 3DS to 3DS transfer is not enabled yet)[/QUOTE]

I honestly would just go to another Best Buy if possible. Too many people, myself included, had a real easy time getting it price adjusted. You probably either had an a-hole dealing with you or just a crappy BB in general. It is part of their store policy to adjust the price so I don't know what their problem was.

[quote name='Wompdevil']I honestly would just go to another Best Buy if possible. Too many people, myself included, had a real easy time getting it price adjusted. You probably either had an a-hole dealing with you or just a crappy BB in general. It is part of their store policy to adjust the price so I don't know what their problem was.[/QUOTE]

They showed me some notice they received saying 'Lots of people will try to adjust. Just do a return and sell them another one. This might cause some customer erosion, but we will have to live with that.'

(Don't know if that is official or if their manager printed that out).

I don't mind losing the 20 ambassador games but my issue is that I foolishly spent about $25 on eShop games. I'll lose those if I return the 3DS.

[quote name='whatsinaname']They showed me some notice they received saying 'Lots of people will try to adjust. Just do a return and sell them another one. This might cause some customer erosion, but we will have to live with that.'

I don't mind losing the 20 ambassador games but my issue is that I foolishly spent about $25 on eShop games. I'll lose those if I return the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Meh, still sounds fishy to me. I would still try another BB if possible. If not I would try sending an email to Best Buy's corporate office about how that store is making an exception on their advertised price matching policy. I have a feeling that email they showed you was just something the manager made himself because he was annoyed with the price adjustments or something. Your call but I would hate to have lost the 20 free games on top of $25 because of a stubborn BB manager/employee.

Yeah something like that is pretty fishy. I would try calling corporate office right there in front of them if they deny you again.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Meh, still sounds fishy to me. I would still try another BB if possible. If not I would try sending an email to Best Buy's corporate office about how that store is making an exception on their advertised price matching policy. I have a feeling that email they showed you was just something the manager made himself because he was annoyed with the price adjustments or something. Your call but I would hate to have lost the 20 free games on top of $25 because of a stubborn BB manager/employee.[/QUOTE]

I'll try doing that, thank you. The print out did look a bit fishy and I do have another 14 days left in my return period.

[quote name='whatsinaname']I'll try doing that, thank you. The print out did look a bit fishy and I do have another 14 days left in my return period.[/QUOTE]

If they want to do the return and rebuy let them, but do it on the very same 3DS. Just let them get the serial number off of your 3DS and let them return it and resell the same one to you. They can absolutely do this and if they refuse I would call the corporate office because they are violating their own price match policy. The store I went to knew about people price adjusting the 3DS and handled it quickly. There was no corporate memo saying they couldn't do it.

[quote name='laseractive']If they want to do the return and rebuy let them, but do it on the very same 3DS. Just let them get the serial number off of your 3DS and let them return it and resell the same one to you. They can absolutely do this and if they refuse I would call the corporate office because they are violating their own price match policy. The store I went to knew about people price adjusting the 3DS and handled it quickly. There was no corporate memo saying they couldn't do it.[/QUOTE]

They specifically said they would only give me a different 3DS as a price match would be double dipping. (Those were the words used).

[quote name='whatsinaname']They specifically said they would only give me a different 3DS as a price match would be double dipping. (Those were the words used).[/QUOTE]

Screw that. Don't even give them the chance to make up for cheating you. They are liars and cheaters. Obviously the manager who cooked this up is a whiny little bitch nerd who bought the 3DS day one and is bitter that he's a moron and other people are getting the 3DS for the price it should have launched at, so he is trying to deny everyone of something they have a right to. Nintendo knew this would happen. They're not stupid. They would have arranged for the promotion to be out of range of the price drop if they cared. They knew this "loophole" would create sales. They want sales. This is not going to hurt his store.

I would go into BB, get in the CS line and call corporate right there. Tell them you want to report a store manager who is forcing employees to act contrary to corporate policy and explain to them the situation, tell them you are back in the store and are in line to get this straightened out. Cause hell for this a-hole manager. Especially in an economy like this, douchebags like that don't deserve a job when millions of other qualified people would be willing to do their jobs, follow corporate policy and treat customers civilly.

[quote name='whatsinaname']They specifically said they would only give me a different 3DS as a price match would be double dipping. (Those were the words used).[/QUOTE]

Your store sucks

I've run into a few situations where I needed to price match, but since I did in store pickup and bought online they had to do a return and rebuy. No store ever had an issue with this. They would enter the serial number from the product for the return and reenter it for the rebuy at the lower price. This store is going out of its way to be dicks and I can promise one call to report them will straighten it out. Best Buy has return and price matching policies for a reason and stores can not abuse it anytime they want to.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Reading about all the people that were so paranoid about BB rejecting them or coming up with theories about how they'd change their policies is pretty funny in hindsight.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

This reminds me that I haven't gone back to the GameFAQs 3DS message board to see how much they're probable still raging. Especially now that Nintendo extended the registration period for anyone who, you know, bought one at 11:58 PM the 11th and didn't have the chance to update their system.

[quote name='whatsinaname']Just went into BB. They refused to price match. They said they'll do a return and re-buy.

I am not sure how I want to proceed as I bought about $20 worth of stuff on the eShop and I lose those if I return the item. (The 3DS to 3DS transfer is not enabled yet)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whatsinaname']They showed me some notice they received saying 'Lots of people will try to adjust. Just do a return and sell them another one. This might cause some customer erosion, but we will have to live with that.'

I don't mind losing the 20 ambassador games but my issue is that I foolishly spent about $25 on eShop games. I'll lose those if I return the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='laseractive']If they want to do the return and rebuy let them, but do it on the very same 3DS. Just let them get the serial number off of your 3DS and let them return it and resell the same one to you. They can absolutely do this and if they refuse I would call the corporate office because they are violating their own price match policy. The store I went to knew about people price adjusting the 3DS and handled it quickly. There was no corporate memo saying they couldn't do it.[/QUOTE]

If you absolutely cannot get to a different Best Buy you still shouldn't even have to get in touch with corporate to end this. Just kindly ask customer service for a written copy of their price adjustment policy. Then point out the lines that state you ONLY need to bring back in your receipt to get a price adjustment and that the 3DS is not excluded from qualifying. Also remind them of the definition of adjustment as not being a return.

At this point if customer service refuses for any reason, get a manager. Then repeat the process. If the manager too refuses and shows you that memo again, just ask when they received that memo. When they give you an answer like "We received it the 12th" or any day after you purchased your 3DS continue to politely ask "Where was it posted clearly for the customer to see at the time of purchase on the as required by law?" knowing full well that it was not there.

When they cannot give you an answer that doesn't break the law just inform them again that refusal at this point to comply will be doing just that and ask again for the price adjustment.

If they STILL refuse, then it's time to begin what I like to call "Threat Time". Ask for the corporate number of the manager's boss and tell the manager it is so you can report to him that the manager is violating the law and can be bringing legal action in the form of a fine to Best Buy for refusal to comply with the law. If the manager refuses to give you the number ask for corporate's number in general and state that you will ask them for the manager's boss' number just by asking them who is in charge of the store you are at. If he gives you corporate's number call them right there in front of him and report him as well as getting the confirmation that you can get an adjustment the legal way (without a return).

If he still refuses to give you an adjustment and refuses to give you corporate's number he's done. Find the number from another employee or the internet and report him for refusing to adjust, getting Best Buy involved in legal action (whether or not you actually choose to report Best Buy to the proper government authority), and refusing to give corporate's number. They will give you the authorization to get the adjustment, get in contact with the store to ensure you will get it, and you can feel great that the manager will not be getting a pay raise for the foreseeable future and may even get a pay cut or be fired.

Finally, just a small note: Never yell, curse, or personally attack anyone (verbally or otherwise) during this entire time.

P.S.: Just remember, as I've said many times throughout this thread, a price adjustment policy is a contract created between the store and the customer at the point of sale that must be upheld by law. The law doesn't require that a store must have a price match/adjustment policy, but if it does have one, it must be upheld.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Finally, just a small note: Never yell, curse, or personally attack anyone (verbally or otherwise) during this entire time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into doing that.

The people at the desk said their manager gave them the printout and that there is nothing they could do for me. I still have 14 days left to adjust/return, so I left without making a fuss. Didn't yell or curse, though they did piss me off. (Especially with their weird logic that we can't do a price match as this is from Nintendo. Made no sense).

I created a thread on BB's official forum, and maybe someone will reply to me tomorrow. I'll try calling corporate as well, if that doesn't pan out. Last option is to go to BB and call corporate at the desk and follow the plan you described.

Listen, go to the BB site and type up a little email to customer service letting them know what's happening and ask for their assistance.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because I sent them an email on 8/5 asking if I could price adjust a 3ds after the price drop (just so I could have something in writing) and they actually CALLED ME on Tuesday to let me know that they would certainly do that. They seem to be on top of their game in regards to contacting people so do that tonight and they will likely be back in touch with you either tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm sure they will also inform the store they are out of line.

Oh and by the way my store did price adjust the two 3ds' we bought.

Got my price adjustment on Friday from Best Buy, very quick with very little hassle. Only issue was that they originally didn't notice the Reward Zone Silver account attached to it so originally wanted to deny the match based on time frame.

No issues at all after that, and both of them seemed very surprised by the price difference.

If you're having problem with Best Buy, take it to their forums. You should get a response from their mods/customer service same day: http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/ Make a scene. It's more fun that way. Or just call 1-888-BEST-BUY and hope your customer service rep there isn't incompetent and thinks they should side with the store manager (true story, hence I ended up using the forums). Make sure to take down names of employees and managers that give you problems.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I got a side topic, who sell Hori screen protector? I tried amazon but they claim it is oos and hori charge $5 for shipping[/QUOTE]

I've done a little bit of research into this as I just bought one. I got lucky and was able to order mine from Amazon about two days ago. Play Asia has them for 8.99 but has a $2.40 s+h charge, plus they ship in 5-15 days.
A place called Fry's Electronics has them for $8.99 in stock, but I am unsure about shipping charges (probable). Other than that, a few other smaller online retailers have them available for over $10 base price.

[quote name='imacgod']If you're having problem with Best Buy, take it to their forums. You should get a response from their mods/customer service same day: http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/ Make a scene. It's more fun that way.[/QUOTE]

It is good advice and I didn't even think of it myself, since I didn't know Best Buy even had forums, but actually he said he already did that.

[quote name='whatsinaname']I created a thread on BB's official forum, and maybe someone will reply to me tomorrow. I'll try calling corporate as well, if that doesn't pan out. Last option is to go to BB and call corporate at the desk and follow the plan you described.[/QUOTE]

---------------------

And now an update from our vile spewing friends over on the GameFAQs 3DS message board:

So far several of them are now advocating for 40 free games for those who logged on to the eShop prior to the announcement. Some of them are even trying to out-Elitist each other by suggesting only day 1 log-ins deserve 40 free games, other priors 30, and the rest of us "Scambassadors" the 20.

At least one person went so far as to say he would've been completely satisfied if this system stayed $250 and there were no free games so there would be fewer 3DS owners and he could then feel more "empowered and unique".

Finally, a small few people are hoping beyond hope that the website to verify Ambassador status will somehow discriminate between those who payed $250 and those who utilized the price adjustment policies (or "loopholes" as they call them) or bought it early for $170, not granting Ambassador status to those who didn't pay what they paid.

I'm just having so much fun laughing at them. Of course, not everyone over there feels this way, but it does seem to be a rather large group of elitists that have gathered together there to complain.

did anyone buy their 3DS online from best buy and have it picked up in-store? I did this and i'm wondering if I have to call up best buy, or if I can just go into the same store and get the price adjustment.

[quote name='mariol90']did anyone buy their 3DS online from best buy and have it picked up in-store? I did this and i'm wondering if I have to call up best buy, or if I can just go into the same store and get the price adjustment.[/QUOTE]
I believe you can call bestbuy.com and request for an adjustment.

I just had an agonizing experience at BB... handed them my receipt to get the price match, and after three of them looking at the receipt, they had to call a supervisor over. They all huddled around one computer looking at something that came from (presumably) Corporate stating that they will not price match the 3DS. They said they could take them back (not possible, I didn't bring the units), or re-sell them to me. I explained again that I didn't have the units with me, but they said that they could do it anyway because the serial numbers were on the receipt.

So, long story short (and 20 minutes of my life), I got the price difference and still have the same units. My question is, are they somehow going to reject the customers who price matched the 3DS from the Ambassador program? I've already got the notice on both that I'm in, but I guess we'll have to wait for the official Nintendo website to check the status. I will say this, BB is doing a wonderful job of alienating customers with this. I purchased one for my Niece for her birthday in late October, and figured the 20 free games would be a fantastic start for her. I figured I'd get one for myself as well since the price was more palatable (and 20 free games to help me kick the tires on the system). If they don't honor the Ambassador program on these units, they'll be going back to BB. I'll still end up getting one for my Niece, but I doubt I'll get one for me. One thing's for sure, when I do replace the one for my Niece - it will NOT be coming from BB.

[quote name='Dranakin']Welcome to every Best Buy I've been to.[/QUOTE]

i remember on BF in 2009 i went to BB for a ps3 bundle which costed 300 dollars
There was a stack of them and I saw that the price was 320 or 340 and below it said that Geeksquad took the liberty of opening the ps3 and they updated it to the latest firmware so that was the reason the ps3s were not marked at 300. I was pissed off and went back home. Next day, i went to CAG and there was a thread about Wally relisting their ps3 bundle which i missed on BF.
Needless to say, i had my ps3 since 2009 and i avoid BB like the plague today unless there is a killer deal.

If i was interested in the 3ds, i would have grabbed it from Target. I sure as hell would not have bothered to go through this price matching process.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']

And now an update from our vile spewing friends over on the GameFAQs 3DS message board:

At least one person went so far as to say he would've been completely satisfied if this system stayed $250 and there were no free games so there would be fewer 3DS owners and he could then feel more "empowered and unique".
[/QUOTE]

there's such thing as 3ds Elitists? LOL

i didn't know some people feel special owning a 3ds. i admit, i bought a 3ds due to the price drop, but if it were $250 i wouldn't have bought one at all. it doesn't seem that special, but it i bought it just to have (OCD makes me waste money). in fact, mine has just been sitting since i bought it. i'm really looking forward to mario kart 7 though or a b2g1 free to pick up some OK games that i won't pay $40 for.

I don't know why you guys are having problems, I got mine price matched a couple of hours ago and had no problem at all, it only took about 2 minutes from when I walked into the store to when I was walking out with the extra cash in hand.

I got sick, was a bit delirious, and f-ed up and didn't register until the 12th, despite buying on the 10th :(

I don't even want the console, and now I don't even get the games.

F-ing digital crap. Have to be careful when whether I receive the item or not depends on another entity. Physical goods FTW.

[quote name='Gamelore']I got sick, was a bit delirious, and f-ed up and didn't register until the 12th, despite buying on the 10th :(

F-ing digital crap. Have to be careful when whether I receive the item or not depends on another entity. Physical goods FTW.[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be able to send in a copy of your receipt and get it.

[quote name='mariol90']did anyone buy their 3DS online from best buy and have it picked up in-store? I did this and i'm wondering if I have to call up best buy, or if I can just go into the same store and get the price adjustment.[/QUOTE]
I did Best Buy's in-store pickup and I was able to pricematch in store, but I had to wait in the customer service line for about 15 minutes for them to figure out how to do it.

You can return an item to walmart without a receipt right? Thinking about trading in my DSi for a 3DS at Gamestop and then returning that 3DS to walmart. With the trade in deal id make $60.

[quote name='Jswanko']You can return an item to walmart without a receipt right? Thinking about trading in my DSi for a 3DS at Gamestop and then returning that 3DS to walmart. With the trade in deal id make $60.[/QUOTE]

Technically you can, but this is called return fraud. There are a lot of people that post here that will gripe at you about this.

[quote name='bdb2m']Technically you can, but this is called return fraud. There are a lot of people that post here that will gripe at you about this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean I agree it's a dicky thing to do and Im not usually the type who looks at every angle to try and game the system. Thought just occurred to me and seemed compelling since I hate walmart

[quote name='Jswanko']Yeah I mean I agree it's a dicky thing to do and Im not usually the type who looks at every angle to try and game the system. Thought just occurred to me and seemed compelling since I hate walmart[/QUOTE]

Do you hate them enough to do something illegal? Also, I doubt they will allow a return of a system - these are tracked by serial numbers and it's likely they can tell if they sold the system in the first place.

Went in for the price match yesterday. It took less time than the in-store pickup I used to buy the 3DS originally. No questions, no hassles, in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Good luck to anyone having difficulties.

[quote name='Gamelore']I got sick, was a bit delirious, and f-ed up and didn't register until the 12th, despite buying on the 10th :(

F-ing digital crap. Have to be careful when whether I receive the item or not depends on another entity. Physical goods FTW.[/QUOTE]
I think Nintendo changed the program details such that you're eligible as long as you purchased the system in time...

Edit: Here's a link that talks about it, though I had read about it someplace else as well (not sure if the "extension" applies to all territories): http://m.cubed3.com/index.php?op=2&storyid=15940&r=

So I'd like to take a minute to tell you all about Club Nintendo (and remind those who already know about it).

You probably noticed when you first logged on to the eShop that it suggested you link your Club Nintendo account with your eShop account. If you are wondering just what that was about, Club Nintendo is a type of rewards program that gives you points, referred to as "coins", to spend towards a selection of rare Nintendo themed items by filling out surveys for the first party games and systems you buy. On top of those items, if you accumulate 300 or 600 coins in a single year starting on July 1st and ending on June 30, you will obtain Elite status of either Gold level for 300 or Platinum level for 600 and be able to select one very special (and very rare) reward at the end of the year (remember, that's June).

"Now how does this help me? I'm sure it's difficult to even earn 300 coins, much less 600!"

Well I'm glad you said that. Because, even though it usually can seem a daunting task to accumulate that many coins in a single year, right now, for Ambassadors, it is very, very easy.

Right now, for a limited time only (so do it quick) anyone who registers their 3DS system AND fills out the short registration survey will receive 160 coins. That's correct. More than half the coins required for Gold status.

Also, on top of that, if you then link your eShop account through your 3DS to your Club Nintendo account you will receive an additional 40 coins, again for a limited time only (so act fast). That brings your total up to 200 coins. Now that's two-thirds of the way to Gold status and already one-third on the way to Platinum status.

"Alright, but how does that help me? I didn't even make it to Gold and I have no intention of ever buying a first party game for my 3DS!"

Well that's okay, because we're not through yet! You see, you already know that the Ambassadors will receive 20 free games. But what you just don't know yet is that, so long as you've linked your eShop account to your Club Nintendo account before you download them, you'll be able to earn coins for your free games once you fill out there short surveys! Now since the minimum coins you can earn for downloadable titles are 10 coins that means you are guaranteed 200 coins for your free games. That brings up your guaranteed total to 400 coins without doing much of anything except fill out a few short surveys.

"Guaranteed? What's that supposed to mean?"

Just what it says! Those are the points you're guaranteed. That's enough to get you into Gold status and two-thirds of the way on to Platinum. But here's the thing --- and you thought we were done --- there has been no announcement that the free games will be worth less coins than other virtual console titles! And 10 coins is less than what other virtual console titles go for.

"Wait? How much less?"

10 coins is half the amount of coins other virtual console titles go for. SO if the free games go for the same, then instead of 200 coins for them you will get twice that. That's right, 400 coins! Add that to your 200 from your 3DS and your grand total is already 600 coins! Enough for Platinum.

That means that just with the purchase of your new 3DS alone, along with filling out some short surveys, you will automatically qualify for Gold Elite status and quite possibly for Platinum Elite status.

"No way!?"

Way.

And even if Nintendo decides these 20 games to be only worth 10 coins each you can still achieve Platinum with this and only 4 3DS first party retail games. That's because each 3DS retail game is worth 50 coins.

So do yourself a favor and go sign up for Club Nintendo at club.nintendo.com, register your 3DS, link your accounts, and fill out those surveys as they come in. Each game may have a Registration Survey available for only 7 days after download, or each game may have a Post Play Survey available from 7 days to 120 days after download, or both. Games downloaded before linking your account are still only valid for registration up to 7 days after download.

Have fun.

----------------------------------------------

What the hell happened there!

I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial!

[quote name='Jswanko']You can return an item to walmart without a receipt right? Thinking about trading in my DSi for a 3DS at Gamestop and then returning that 3DS to walmart. With the trade in deal id make $60.[/QUOTE]

People will get on you for it here, but honestly I don't see a problem with it as long as you don't do it often. Despite what people will have you think it's really not hurting anybody because essentially the same thing happens to Wal Mart as if it was a broken product (at least from what I understand). In fact if you still have the packaging the smart thing to do would probably be to break it and when you bring it back say it was like that upon opening it.

It's a sketchy line, I mean it IS their policy after all.

[quote name='Zmonkay']What were the gold and platinum prizes from this past year (and when are the "current" year's prizes announced?)[/QUOTE]

The gold is usually some sort of calender, and the platinum from this past year was a set of buttons...and not even nice buttons. When I heard I thought it was like the buttons at Disney World, but this are like the old mushroom top campaign buttons.

bread's done
Back