3DS MSRP Drop to $169.99 On 08/12/11, already at Target, WM, Amazon

• Please log in to reply
1608 replies to this topic

#1591 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:24 AM

How would buying a used one be eligible? Don't you need a proof of purchase?

It'll be registered if the used unit logged onto the e-shop before the deadline.

#1592 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

So...I wonder it may be worth emailing Nintendo. I bought a 3DS a while back and played it for a bit and then I returned it. Now, it WAS broken so it was a justified return, but in reality I was also needed the money towards some photography equipment. I wonder what they'd say if I sent the serial number to my first system (still have it in an email...long story), got a second system and explained the situation to them...stressing how I returned it because it was broken.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#1593 a_dirty_Shisno

a_dirty_Shisno

Thievius Cagcoonus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

So...I wonder it may be worth emailing Nintendo. I bought a 3DS a while back and played it for a bit and then I returned it. Now, it WAS broken so it was a justified return, but in reality I was also needed the money towards some photography equipment. I wonder what they'd say if I sent the serial number to my first system (still have it in an email...long story), got a second system and explained the situation to them...stressing how I returned it because it was broken.

How much time is between the purchase/return of the first system and the purchase of the second? Also, is it like it sounds and you haven't yet bought a second?

Either way, if it's only been a couple of weeks I'd think they may try to help you out, especially if they think you might not have been able to immediately replace it for some reason. But if you've been without a 3DS for several months I'd bet they'd give you a flat out no.

--- I am the Thievius Cagcoonus.
---What the hell happened there!  I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- US Government To Tackle Patent Trolls (whenever they get around to it).  Write your Senators and Congressmen (to make them get it done).

--- California Minimum Wage: $9/hr (July 2014), $10/hr (January 2016)

#1594 a_dirty_Shisno

a_dirty_Shisno

Thievius Cagcoonus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

So just to update my little complaint I had 3 days ago, I finally got an email response from Nintendo. They registered the Pokedex 3D and Nintendo Video to my Club Nintendo account and their Registration surveys were now available to take. I now have 490 coins and am waiting to do some Post Play surveys starting from 4 to 7 days from now.

The really nice thing about it, too, is that even though I forgot to give my account information in my email request (because it was so late and I had been awake for so long that I couldn't really think about much of anything) the representative was extraordinarily helpful and simply matched my email address to my account to register the items.

So now in the end the only complaints I have are that there was no warning that I'd have to take a few extra steps to get those coins if I waited more than 7 days to link my system and that Nintendo doesn't send out "We have received your email" response emails so I worried for the last 3 days that they might not have even received my email.

So I guess I'll just add a reminder here for you all:

If you want Club Nintendo coins for your Ambassador games, make a Club Nintendo account if you haven't made one yet and link your 3DS system's eShop to it before you download the games on September 1st.

--- I am the Thievius Cagcoonus.
---What the hell happened there!  I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- US Government To Tackle Patent Trolls (whenever they get around to it).  Write your Senators and Congressmen (to make them get it done).

--- California Minimum Wage: $9/hr (July 2014), $10/hr (January 2016)

#1595 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

thanks for the heads up. I just registered for the coins and checked the ambassador status.

#1596 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

So just to update my little complaint I had 3 days ago, I finally got an email response from Nintendo. They registered the Pokedex 3D and Nintendo Video to my Club Nintendo account and their Registration surveys were now available to take. I now have 490 coins and am waiting to do some Post Play surveys starting from 4 to 7 days from now.

The really nice thing about it, too, is that even though I forgot to give my account information in my email request (because it was so late and I had been awake for so long that I couldn't really think about much of anything) the representative was extraordinarily helpful and simply matched my email address to my account to register the items.

So now in the end the only complaints I have are that there was no warning that I'd have to take a few extra steps to get those coins if I waited more than 7 days to link my system and that Nintendo doesn't send out "We have received your email" response emails so I worried for the last 3 days that they might not have even received my email.

So I guess I'll just add a reminder here for you all:

If you want Club Nintendo coins for your Ambassador games, make a Club Nintendo account if you haven't made one yet and link your 3DS system's eShop to it before you download the games on September 1st.

Yep. I am at about 440 with 3-4 post play surveys left. Bought a few DS games on sale last week.

Also, Nintendo announced that there will be coins for the Ambassador games. Should hit platinum this year. I just hope this year's gifts are not crap like last years.

#1597 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

After registering mine I shot up to 510 coins. Just need 90 more to hit platinum!

#1598 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

After registering mine I shot up to 510 coins. Just need 90 more to hit platinum!

Thought it was 800...no?
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#1599 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Thought it was 800...no?

Nintendo's FAQ said 600. 300 gets you gold.

#1600 meatwad3000

meatwad3000

The Mauve Avenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

I registered my 3DS a few days ago but never got the survey for the coins. Who do I e-mail to get the survey normally I wouldn't complain but 160 coins is 160 coins and I'm close to platinum status.

#1601 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

t i found out this USED system i bought from amazon is eligible for the ambassador program via the checker. is there a way i can get an email notification? i just registered this on club nintendo.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#1602 jjoplinfan

jjoplinfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

Did anyone get notice of the ambassador games being available yet?

#1603 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Notice? No
Are they? Yes

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1604 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

They have been available since the 31st... You have to go into your download history and download them.
Posted Image

#1605 loserboy

loserboy

The Cubs STILL suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

The first ten are available...log on to the store, and scroll to the far lefthand side where it says setting/other (I think that's what it says) and then go to downloads. It will have all of the games you've already paid and dowloaded, and then mixed in there are the ten NES games which include Metroid, Super Mario Bros and Zelda I and II...they haven't released any of the GBA games yet.

#1606 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

I like how you can queue the 10 games to download, rather than having to manually download one at a time and sit there looking bored.

Oh wait... :|
www.bighugenerd.com

#1607 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

I like how you can queue the 10 games to download, rather than having to manually download one at a time and sit there looking bored.

Oh wait... :|

Well you normally don't need to queue redownloads

#1608 llopez13

llopez13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:09 AM

What do you get from the club nintendo for registering games?

#1609 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

What do you get from the club nintendo for registering games?

You earn rewards...

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga