3DS MSRP Drop to $169.99 On 08/12/11, already at Target, WM, Amazon

• Please log in to reply
1608 replies to this topic

#211 JSiggy

JSiggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

I bought a 3DS on day 1 and have not regretted it. Now I get 20 free games!?!?!?!??! I LOVE YOU NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#212 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

I feel a bit ripped off, but 20 free games makes up for that. Especially since they're awesome titles, and most of them are exclusive to early adopters.

#213 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

on wikipedia it says that sony gave a demo of MGS 4 on the Vita? is that true?

#214 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

That's a confirmed 3DS purchase on Aug. 12th for this CAG.

Don't you mean August 11th? ;)
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#215 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

I bought mine foor $180 used, so getting the free games is not a bad deal here. I'm not disappointed in the least.

#216 bcgameguide

bcgameguide

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

I bought a 3DS on day 1 and have not regretted it. Now I get 20 free games!?!?!?!??! I LOVE YOU NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. I traded in my DSi XL to Best Buy for $100 too. Wario Ware and Yoshi on the list of downloadables (source: Kotaku) made me smile since I was already looking for a GBA to play some of those old ones.

Now, if they could include Rhythm Tengoku...
www.battlecreekenquirer.com/gameguide

#217 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

holy shit that's a HUGE drop considering it came out less than 6 months ago. has any other system dropped this much this fast?

#218 Megatim81

Megatim81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

Unrelated but I have a feeling Megaman Legends 3 is going to come back after this.

I just registered my launch 3ds on club nintendo (so the coins would count towards this year) and there is a survey question about what games you bought the 3ds for. I wrote in Megaman Legends 3.

So i bought my 3DS at launch with some giftcards I won, so I only spent like $50 out of pocket. no regrets. I got free 3D excitebike!!!

#219 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

It's not fake, it's on Nintendo's Facebook page.

In his defense, when this was first posted it was just a link to a .pdf memo on the Japanese site that did indeed look pretty fake. I didn't believe it until I saw the official announcement.

#220 BowserG

BowserG

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

:-({|= :3ds: :3ds: :3ds: :-({|=

Posted Image

"How long is the night? It's never over. . ."

#221 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

holy shit that's a HUGE drop considering it came out less than 6 months ago. has any other system dropped this much this fast?

Virtual Boy and 32x spring to mind.

Uh-oh....

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#222 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

Yeah exactly. Unless you have a ton of Amazon credit or a GC somewhere that doesn't have a price match guarantee (Best Buy - 30 days, K-Mart - 7 days, etc.), you'd be foolish not to double-dip and get the free games.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#223 iamsobroke

iamsobroke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

LOL A Cag was selling a 3ds here not very long ago. I offered him $180, he said that was too low and would wait for more money. Now its $170 NEW......Posted Image

#224 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

Is it easy to price match at Best Buy (with one of their own price drops)?

#225 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

It's cake, after the price drop take the receipt to customer service, walk out with cash in hand or credit returned. Only time wasted will depend on how many people are in line. :)

125365.png

#226 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

If you have your receipt or use your Reward Zone card to where they can look up the transaction, nothing's easier.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#227 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Why not today? 30 day price match guarantee at Best Buy?

#228 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

MSRP $170 compete with PSP vista ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#229 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hell its easy to Price Match at Amazon too. I've ordered numerous things that have dropped in price within a couple weeks of receiving them and they made a "one-time exception" (about 8 times so far) and matched it.

Now the real question, is it dropping because:
A. Not selling as well as they thought
B. They've got a new version coming out soon (3DSiXL...)
C. Get a head start in fighting the Vita's 250 price point.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#230 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

Why not today? 30 day price match guarantee at Best Buy?

I mentioned it briefly earlier, but at least in Virginia this upcoming weekend is "tax-free", so if I decide to do this I will definitely be doing it then. Any other states do this?

#231 nyobzoo

nyobzoo

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

man I would've been mad if bought a 3ds, I'd rather save $80 then get NES and GBA games

#232 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

This is bullshit. I already own all of those games and they can be bought really cheap(or played for free) on the older systems. Like someone said earlier we should get a voucher for a free 3ds game but I say it should be 2 free 3ds games since it is an $80 price drop and that is how much 2 3ds games cost. The only way this would be ok is if 1 of the gba games were pokemon and it included online trades and battles.

#233 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

man I would've been mad if bought a 3ds, I'd rather save $80 then get NES and GBA games

And now some people are going to get both...that should really piss people off.

#234 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

^Super PSPgo 2000 or PSP NGP Vita! I still like Super PSPgo 2000!

Yeah, I might wait for a redesign on the 3DS. Hoping for a 3DS XL or 3DS Lite, both with a better battery life.

#235 Sir Daniel Fortesque

Sir Daniel Fortesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

Holy crap, I woke up to absolutely huge news.
Posted Image

#236 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

if you're smart you'd buy one at best buy less than a month before the drop and then get a price adjustment, and get the free NES/GBA games.

That's brilliant! Thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I know it won't happen, but am I wrong for hoping that Sony will drop the launch price of the Vita to compete?

I had already decided on the Vita over the 3ds, but this price drop is excellent. I still feel like people are making it out to be bigger than it is though. This is only an $80 price drop (LOL at people saying it is $100) and the vita's features and future replayability are worth more than $80.

#237 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

No one really expects such a substantial cut on new hardware so soon.
I wager most people bought a 3DS to play 3DS games, not NES and GBA roms, so that "reward" won't appeal to everyone.

Good point, that's what I wanted to say. My first impression was 20 free games for the 3DS? That's insane! I don't need to wait for a price drop at all. BUT then I realized it's 20 old games, tiny little ROM games, which can be played on almost any device... Even if they are $1 a piece, I still won't buy them and definitely won't buy a 3DS right now just to get them "free." It's a good drop, but I'm still getting a Vita over the newly priced 3DS (perhaps I get one for $100-$120ish like from Amazon's warehouse deal or something).

#238 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

The Vita is already selling at a big loss from what I heard so no, I doubt they'll drop it any more

#239 ManchildofPV

ManchildofPV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

so wait what 3ds games are for the voucher ? and dam

#240 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Are there ANY good 3DS games? I'm not into street fighter or Resident Evil.

Lol, I just sold my DSIXL since I never played it and like 15 DS games.