Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'm expecting a super rage fest if/when this rumor doesn't pan out

God I can only hope. It would be epic.

#212 steveliv

steveliv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

If this shows up online im price matching at best buy I got 135$ in gc's....

Why don't you just go and buy it now at Best Buy and get the difference back on or after the 12th? I guess i t might be that you don't have enough money to front until the price changes.

#213 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

[quote name='zenne96'][quote name='QuarterRoy00']Do y'all know if I go to Walmart on the 9th, take a pic of the lower price tag on my phone, then take that pic to Best Buy, if that is good enough for their price match policy? I ask because of this in their policy:

I called best buy and asked basically the same thing, they said if you don't have an ad they will call the store and ask, though if the item is sold out at the store they called, its at the manager's call whether he can drop the price or not[/QUOTE]

Good to know...thanks!

#214 iamsobroke

iamsobroke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

ok so what if that person already has an account? Can you make another account? I would hate to have a name like "PWN NOOBZ" tied down to the system.

The person did have an account but I just went to club nintendo signed up for my own account and linked the 3ds to my account, and now its all good! 8-)

#215 NEgami

NEgami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Is there an official web link anywhere that explains if all your purchases are tied to the hardware? I'm guessing it probably is like all the other Nintendo online stuff has been, but maybe Nintendo grew a clue with the poor reception of the 3DS (of course, that would only help them for the next gen unless they could change that with a download).

Doesn't seem to be any consensus in this thread on that point, and that is probably what will make the decision for me.

I am curious about this, too. Any scoop on this, anyone?

#216 supadupacheap

supadupacheap

Off his medication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

Do y'all know if I go to Walmart on the 9th, take a pic of the lower price tag on my phone, then take that pic to Best Buy, if that is good enough for their price match policy? I ask because of this in their policy:

Though this line concerns me:

Best Buy has always been the most YMMV retailer to me. They arent 100% lockdown/ain't gonna happen like some stores but when you have anything transpire outside of the EXACT word for word STATED guidelines you have, imo, accomplished something.

Just yesterday I had to fight for 30 minutes to get a raincheck filled on an item on sale just last week. The raincheck also was CREATED by a manager. So, in hand I had thier raincheck, last weeks ad, and even a Best Buy internal email the manager copied for me to show the price drop (not properly reflected in ad). Still took 30 minutes and 5 asshats...er associates. And they still act as if Im being done a favor.

And Ive had similar experiences in the past.

I would always use Best Buy in a backup or if it works great or not, oh well scenario. They are almost always a disappointment factory when it comes to customer service.

#217 j.m.ratkos

j.m.ratkos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

just confirmed:
gamestop will NOT be honoring any price matching like the other retailers for systems purchased prior to friday.
apparently, word has reached gamestop corporate about what walmart and other retailers are doing and will not doing the same. (a friend is a manager at one of their stores and just relayed this information to me)

#218 AdamMPSP

AdamMPSP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

So, excuse the noob, but if I go and buy a 3DS at Target today for full price, then go back on the 12th when the price drops, will it be really easy to get my credit card refunded? I've never really done anything like this before.

#219 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Why don't you just go and buy it now at Best Buy and get the difference back on or after the 12th? I guess i t might be that you don't have enough money to front until the price changes.

I have it but I don't wanna spend it... :/. Plus I can do it first thing in the morning if the price changes I live within walking distance of a best buy and don't go to work till after it opens...

#220 Supreme0ne

Supreme0ne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

just called my local walmart and got some guy who didnt even know what today was so i cant take his word as the truth. but he claimed if it's not in the ad it's not going to be on sale
-Insert witty or meaningful quote here.-

#221 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

I guess I'll go in around 7am tomorrow and see if they have it. If they don't, oh well.

#222 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

just called my local walmart and got some guy who didnt even know what today was so i cant take his word as the truth. but he claimed if it's not in the ad it's not going to be on sale

Don't think Cheapy would relay information just to piss off everyone on his site. Doesn't make sense. I visited my walmart, asked about price changes and what not. The girl that's worked there for about 20 years told me that price changes are automatic in the system. So I'll be there after midnight.
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#223 Supreme0ne

Supreme0ne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

right i dont think he would either. pretty sure im just dealing with idiots. regardless im stopping before work tomorrow to check it out and gonna hope i can get it for the cheaper price
-Insert witty or meaningful quote here.-

#224 NEgami

NEgami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

So, excuse the noob, but if I go and buy a 3DS at Target today for full price, then go back on the 12th when the price drops, will it be really easy to get my credit card refunded? I've never really done anything like this before.

I have done this sort of thing with Target before (with a different item), and I had no problems getting my credit card amount refunded.

#225 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

Don't think Cheapy would relay information just to piss off everyone on his site. Doesn't make sense. I visited my walmart, asked about price changes and what not. The girl that's worked there for about 20 years told me that price changes are automatic in the system. So I'll be there after midnight.

So I'm guessing you can buy it at midnight tonight? can anyone confirm that?

#226 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

just confirmed:
gamestop will NOT be honoring any price matching like the other retailers for systems purchased prior to friday.
apparently, word has reached gamestop corporate about what walmart and other retailers are doing and will not doing the same. (a friend is a manager at one of their stores and just relayed this information to me)

Just confirmed: GameStop will continue the practices it has for years. More at 11.

#227 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

lol, gamestop. for once they are staying classy. why start now

very tempted. got some extra cash from my lowball and they do look cool
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#228 TStodden

TStodden

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

I've checked with my Wal-Mart connection about this yesterday & she hasn't heard anything about it.

However, knowing Wal-Mart's policy with releases (on Tuesdays)... there may a shred of truth to this in order to reflect the price drop.

UPDATE: So far, you can "Pre-order" the 3DS online at the lower price, but they won't ship the system until Aug. 12th

Edited by TStodden, 08 August 2011 - 09:50 PM.
Online checks @ Walmart.com

#229 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

I stopped by at lunch, and the manager told me prices are reduced by her and not automatically by the computer. She claimed to not hear about the drop, but that "its possible". She said her hours are from 7 to 3 and that any drops would happen when she is on her shift. If anyone gets it at midnight please post back. My Walmart had about 10 blues and 12 blacks by the way so running out is unlikely.

#230 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

I'll drop by the 24 hour one around here at about 12:30 and see if it's on sale or not. I'm on the west coast though.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#231 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

I know it's pretty popular not to read the actual thread and practice common sense, but anything going in before 7am tomorrow morning is more then likely not going to get a price below $250. Like others have said the price drops won't be worked until the department manager comes in and even then they won't be worked until they take the time do to them. You're best waiting until about Noon to go in just to be safe. Otherwise you're more then likely wasting your time.

#232 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

Ok so I called all the walmarts around me and all the people in electronics either knew nothing about a nintendo 3ds price drop what so ever, or they said only certain walmarts are doing it and that they weren't sure if they were doing it. I know the manager pretty well at best buy I think I will just go there and do a price adjustment.

#233 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:50 PM

I hate this. were getting two different stories. My guess is certain walmarts are running on older systems that require managers to manually input prices. Newer systems on the other hand do not.

#234 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:53 PM

I know it's pretty popular not to read the actual thread and practice common sense, but anything going in before 7am tomorrow morning is more then likely not going to get a price below $250. Like others have said the price drops won't be worked until the department manager comes in and even then they won't be worked until they take the time do to them. You're best waiting until about Noon to go in just to be safe. Otherwise you're more then likely wasting your time.

If anyone goes in and the price isn't changed it my be a good idea to ask the manager. It may be on their "to do" list, and they wouldn't want to let a $170+ sale walk out the door.

#235 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

Well, some people are saying their friends at Wal-Mart say they update on their own while others are saying their friends at Wal-Mart say they need a manager to update. This whole thread is full of misinformation and I don't mind spending 15 min of my time to check it out for myself.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#236 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Well. I'll check at midnight and ask if it is planned for a drop. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm in EST. If so, guess I'm buying one.

#237 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

I was at one of our local WalMart's today, and they had no 3DS systems in stock at all. I asked them about them, and they said they expected a new shipment next week. I wonder if they pulled them of the shelves and were hiding them in the back room? Sounded very fishy to me.

#238 Silence4520

Silence4520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

the walmart near me opened like last year so will it be able to update the price automaticly?

#239 Silence4520

Silence4520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:23 PM

Well. I'll check at midnight and ask if it is planned for a drop. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm in EST. If so, guess I'm buying one.

thx that will really help alot.

#240 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

I was at one of our local WalMart's today, and they had no 3DS systems in stock at all. I asked them about them, and they said they expected a new shipment next week. I wonder if they pulled them of the shelves and were hiding them in the back room? Sounded very fishy to me.

Go to walmart.com and do the check store option. It will tell you if they are really out of stock. The site shows every Walmart within 50 miles of me as either "in stock" or "limited stock".