Amazon Video Games DOTW - Dungeon Siege 3, Majin & HUGE Handheld Game Sale

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#91 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

People were reporting getting TO:LUCT with the pre-order cards a few days ago when the price went down to $19.99, but I'm not sure that's gonna be the case considering it's shipping in 1-4 weeks now (new supply).

Granted, people who ordered from Amazon a week or two after it was released didn't even get the cards so who knows wtf S-E is doing :/

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#92 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

I assumed that posts that were related to trying to scam Amazon out of games from a promotion that's long since dead and the only way to try and get games from it is to BS Amazon CS reps multiple times until you get someone that does it blindly without thinking is something we didn't want to be associated with on CAG.

Apparently, I was wrong in that assumption in thinking that we're better than stooping to that level in brow-beating Amazon CS reps until they submit to providing items from a dead promotion into an order that doesn't qualify for it any longer.

If you have to keep making the same requests to Amazon CS to find the one that gets you what you want when it's wrong to begin with, you're doing it wrong.

Now I feel guilty :( I didn't realize that it was a dead deal, I thought it was just getting them to stack the new sale price and the B2G1. With how amazing Amazon is we really don't need to be trying to screw them over.

Still some really great sale prices on this sale!
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#93 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:42 AM

I assumed that posts that were related to trying to scam Amazon out of games from a promotion that's long since dead and the only way to try and get games from it is to BS Amazon CS reps multiple times until you get someone that does it blindly without thinking is something we didn't want to be associated with on CAG.

Apparently, I was wrong in that assumption in thinking that we're better than stooping to that level in brow-beating Amazon CS reps until they submit to providing items from a dead promotion into an order that doesn't qualify for it any longer.

If you have to keep making the same requests to Amazon CS to find the one that gets you what you want when it's wrong to begin with, you're doing it wrong.

That has been par for the course for months now, where have you been?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#94 Chalavet

Chalavet

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

That is a pretty good sale indeed. Time to crack open the piggy bank. I have not played the psp version of Y's Oath in Felghana, but the pc version is excellent. It also has a fantastic soundtrack as well which I highly recommend. The limited edition pc version may cost a pretty penny, but it is worth every penny.

#95 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

Ahh, i like this. picked up TWMEWY and chrono trigger for 14.99 thought i missed out when the dotd was over. i'm more than willin to pay for these :) thanks. will continue watching if anyone decides to post more deals that i can't pass up :)

#96 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

I bought:

Final Fantasy IV
The World Ends With You
Chrono Trigger
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Monster Tale
Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Yikes.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#97 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

Serious question: If the page for a deal is still live, should we really consider it 'dead' if its not automatically working on checkout? I mean, online deals often don't have expiration dates, so if the page is still live its like its still being advertised as active. Amazon reps understand this, that's why they always ask now for links to the deal pages as a validation of them being active before applying the promo/discount.

#98 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:33 AM

i assumed that posts that were related to trying to scam amazon out of games from a promotion that's long since dead and the only way to try and get games from it is to bs amazon cs reps multiple times until you get someone that does it blindly without thinking is something we didn't want to be associated with on cag.

Apparently, i was wrong in that assumption in thinking that we're better than stooping to that level in brow-beating amazon cs reps until they submit to providing items from a dead promotion into an order that doesn't qualify for it any longer.

If you have to keep making the same requests to amazon cs to find the one that gets you what you want when it's wrong to begin with, you're doing it wrong.

+1

#99 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:38 AM

Serious question: If the page for a deal is still live, should we really consider it 'dead' if its not automatically working on checkout? I mean, online deals often don't have expiration dates, so if the page is still live its like its still being advertised as active. Amazon reps understand this, that's why they always ask now for links to the deal pages as a validation of them being active before applying the promo/discount.

Yes, we should. If the discount doesn't show up in the cart automatically, it's dead.

Trying to get Amazon CS reps to honor it when it's not working automatically in the cart, especially when it doesn't works the first time, that's scamming them. Especially when we all know that the amount of paying attention varies from rep to rep for Amazon policies.

#100 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

I agree. How many other threads are started and continued based on website or b&m errors or contain much YMMV content due to pending managers approval.

Don't mean bash any moderators - and I think the site has a great balance due to them - but it is what it is.

#101 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:41 AM

I agree. How many other threads are started and continued based on website or b&m errors or contain much YMMV content due to pending managers approval.

Don't mean bash any moderators - and I think the site has a great balance due to them - but it is what it is.

When the discount for a promotion doesn't show automatically in the cart on checkout for an Amazon B2G1 promotion, it's dead.

When people need to go back to multiple reps and cycle through them until getting one to try and honor a dead deal, it's scamming Amazon.

#102 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

When the discount for a promotion doesn't show automatically in the cart on checkout for an Amazon B2G1 promotion, it's dead.

When people need to go back to multiple reps and cycle through them until getting one to try and honor a dead deal, it's scamming Amazon.

It hurts me to say this but I agree 100% with Shrike on this. If a deal is valid at Amazon it will work properly at checkout.

#103 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:29 AM

To get off the subject of scamming and what not.
I still have my 20 credit (On Select 3DS Games) from OOT that I still haven't used. I noticed these sale prices are in effect with this credit.
The only thing is I'm unsure whether to use the credit now (Since these sale prices probably won't last) or maybe hold out until closer to the deadline (Sept 30th) to see if they add more titles or something.

#104 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

To get off the subject of scamming and what not.
I still have my 20 credit (On Select 3DS Games) from OOT that I still haven't used. I noticed these sale prices are in effect with this credit.
The only thing is I'm unsure whether to use the credit now (Since these sale prices probably won't last) or maybe hold out until closer to the deadline (Sept 30th) to see if they add more titles or something.

Wait till star Fox comes out on 9/9/11. Mabye it will be added to the list. Oh and by the way, does Amazon still give you that 20 credit with oot now or is it dead ?
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#105 Silence4520

Silence4520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:38 AM

its dead now cuz its only for preorders

#106 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:41 AM

its dead now cuz its only for preorders

Oh well, gold box it is then (hopefully soon) shadow wars and my ds rpg's will keep me busy.
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#107 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:48 AM

Those aren't hori screen protectors at $9.99, they're some other brand. the hori ones are still $15

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#108 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:51 AM

I am usually the first to side with businesses against customers trying to pull one over, especially in the case of an obvious price mistake. But this is not a price mistake, and that makes a big difference from a legal and ethical standpoint. I know of no jurisdiction in the U.S. where retailers are obligated to honor an obvious price mistake. But an intentionally advertised sale price that has "expired" may in some jurisdictions need to be honored if no expiration date is given to the customer. A customer in such a jurisdiction is in the right both ethically and legally to request that the retailer honor the expired price. So in this case it's really not a clear case of anyone trying to scam Amazon.

#109 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:51 AM

ok i will update it
thx a bunch
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#110 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:58 AM

i realized it was a wiki and made the change ;)

was hoping for those hori ones. noticed a small (almost unnoticeable when the system is on) mark from the lower screen on my top screen lately and was thinking I should put a protector on it before it gets worse.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#111 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:08 AM

Has anyone tried the Aluminum shell? I was going to go naked and just use screen protectors but I am too paranoid
Posted Image

#112 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

I have the aluminum shell. It is bulky and adds some weight but fits really nice and keeps the 3DS secure. You won't be able to cradle charge but that is the only downside I can see.

#113 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

Is this legit hori protector?

http://www.jr.com/ho...OO_3DS_hy_001U/

#114 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:28 AM

I am usually the first to side with businesses against customers trying to pull one over, especially in the case of an obvious price mistake. But this is not a price mistake, and that makes a big difference from a legal and ethical standpoint. I know of no jurisdiction in the U.S. where retailers are obligated to honor an obvious price mistake. But an intentionally advertised sale price that has "expired" may in some jurisdictions need to be honored if no expiration date is given to the customer. A customer in such a jurisdiction is in the right both ethically and legally to request that the retailer honor the expired price. So in this case it's really not a clear case of anyone trying to scam Amazon.

It's a dead promotion because it's not working as advertised on the site, as when you check out on the site with three items from the pages of the sale, the discount doesn't get removed from the purchase. The link is still up there until someone finds it and removes it.

Amazon is likely already aware of the issue from all of the people trying to get items on that dead sale to double-dip on the current prices, and I'm sure they're working to fix it. They've already started to pass the word around that the promotion is dead and not to be honored and that will take time to get to all of the CS reps.

#115 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:32 AM

I have the aluminum shell. It is bulky and adds some weight but fits really nice and keeps the 3DS secure. You won't be able to cradle charge but that is the only downside I can see.

I haven't used the cradle yet so it won't matter to me. Does the shell look good? As long as it doesn't make the 3DS look ugly I am fine with it.

EDIT: Has anyone used the Hori Protectors on Amazon?

Hard Case

Silicone Case

I have the silicone case for my DS Lite and it's pretty good but I don't know if this one is a good fit or not. I'd guess it fit very good since it's from Hori.
Posted Image

#116 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

Shut the Fuck up. I'm sick of these pretend lawyers on this website.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#117 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

Shut the Fuck up. I'm sick of these pretend lawyers on this website.

:rofl::rofl:

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#118 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:05 AM

IM of the mind that there is no harm in asking. However once given the answer probing for a rep that doesnt know or care is like asking your mom because your dad said no, its dishonest. So one time hurts nothing multiple is taking advantage. Thats just my personal motius operandi for these situations.
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#119 Animefalcon

Animefalcon

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:06 AM

is ridge racer 3D, or dead or Alive on the 3ds worth getting?
I only have OOT3D, and SSF4:3D right now

#120 Silence4520

Silence4520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:33 AM

is ridge racer 3D, or dead or Alive on the 3ds worth getting?
I only have OOT3D, and SSF4:3D right now

lol i havent got any 3ds games yet but i got my 3ds last week. so do you recommend OoT or SSF4?