Amazon VG Deals of the Week 8/28 - Brink, Hunted, Top Spin 4, Tekken 6 LE

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

If you want TDM and DM and other stuff like that. Brink is not for you. If you want team based objective FPS where you have to work together with your team, Brink is awesome. There is a small core of PS3 and X360 players who play a lot...it sometimes requires friending some Brink specific people on your friends list, but then you can always jump into full games.

The new AI patches have made the bots a lot better, and SD simplified the matchmaking to better ensure that you play with/against humans. There are still some issues, but it's a really fun game if you like slightly more cerebral FPS team based games....

It should be noted though, that most of the regular players have the 9.99 map pack DLC and in the server rotation, you will be kicked if either of these maps are voted on as the next map (if you dont have the map pack). Some of the best maps are in the original set, and they get played a lot, but the DLC (and Labs in particular) is pretty awesome, so if you like the game at $16.99 and plan on playing regularly, better plan on picking up the map pack for $10.

everyone has the dlc bedside because it was free for two weeks (i think that's how long they offered it). I picked it up back then even though I didn't own the game yet. If something is free for a limited time, grab it to "buy" it and download it later

#122 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

everyone has the dlc bedside because it was free for two weeks (i think that's how long they offered it). I picked it up back then even though I didn't own the game yet. If something is free for a limited time, grab it to "buy" it and download it later

Yeah - it was free for 2 weeks...I always grab the freebie map packs on PSN just in case i ever pick up the game, so good thing you grabbed it then...for those of us playing from day 1, it was hard to imagine not grabbing it as soon as it came out....

Even during the free two weeks it was surprising how many times we'd lose people b/c they hadnt downloaded the (FREE!) map pack. And if you didnt get it during the 2 weeks, it's $10

#123 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Can I use that Tekken stick on PC with GFWL?

giving you an answer in case no one else answers...

If you have a wireless receiver that came with a 360 controller for Windows, you can use that receiver for the Tekken stick to play PC games. Otherwise, you have to buy a wireless receiver that ranges from $13-25. 1 wireless receiver can handle up to 4 simultaneous controllers so you can get in your emulated X-Men or The Simpsons. :)

#124 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

In my opinion, Brink was terrible.

Can I just have basic team deathmatches with no objectives? :roll:

+1 ... terrible....

#125 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!