Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#2 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

think amazon will PM this? ive been waiting for this to hit 20 bucks to pick it up. I wanted to do system link with it with some friends. Newegg has sales tax for me =(

by the way; is the ps3 or 360 version better for this? I seem to recall hearing the 360 version performed better but cant find the head 2 head now

#3 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

Can anybody give me an opinion of how well this works w/ Move+Sharpshooter?

#4 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

think amazon will PM this? ive been waiting for this to hit 20 bucks to pick it up. I wanted to do system link with it with some friends. Newegg has sales tax for me =(

by the way; is the ps3 or 360 version better for this? I seem to recall hearing the 360 version performed better but cant find the head 2 head now

I think the 360 version may have slightly better performance/graphics but the PS3 version has superior controls if you have PS move. I have the PS3 version and it's one of my favorite games to use with the Move.

Not sure if this helps, might be outdated?

http://www.lensoftru...esident-evil-5/

#5 lukewin

lukewin

UNC Class of '03

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

Can anybody give me an opinion of how well this works w/ Move+Sharpshooter?

Not well. You need to hit some of the buttons on the Move during gameplay, so the Sharpshooter makes it almost impossible.

#6 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

hmm i'll flip through that head 2 head. lens of truth is iffy though. This works with the move? wtf? really? Didn't this come out WAY before the move?

#7 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

hmm i'll flip through that head 2 head. lens of truth is iffy though. This works with the move? wtf? really? Didn't this come out WAY before the move?

RE5 originally didn't have move support, but the Gold Edition added it. For me, move support > whatever performance advantages the 360 version has. I didn't notice any graphical issues or slowdown with my game but then again I didn't have a 360 copy to compare it to.

#8 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

reading the comparison at eurogamer and a few others it seems the 360 version runs and looks a bit better. Considering i find the move a gimicky waste of time i think i'll go with the 360 version. Thanks for the info though.

The only question now is do i get it now or wait for amazon to PM. Everyone submit the prce! maybe i'll get one from newegg and one from amazon later if they PM

#9 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

Not well. You need to hit some of the buttons on the Move during gameplay, so the Sharpshooter makes it almost impossible.

Thanks, how does Move vs. DS3 fair then? Not a big fan of standard RE controls. RE4 on the Wii was the last time I had fun playing RE.

#10 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

Aww hell, I just got this for $23 and change from Amazon 2 days ago to go with my new Move set.
\\:D/

#11 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

Aww hell, I just got this for $23 and change from Amazon 2 days ago to go with my new Move set.

ya itll be about that for me after tax =P hence why i want Amazon to PM

#12 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

Thanks, how does Move vs. DS3 fair then? Not a big fan of standard RE controls. RE4 on the Wii was the last time I had fun playing RE.

I said this in another thread, but it applies here as well.. If you liked the Wii controls for RE4, chances are you'll probably enjoy the Move controls for RE5. They're pretty much the same except the aim cursor only appears on screen when you're aiming in RE5, so it resets every time you aim. I don't think there are camera controls for the Move like the Wii had for RE4, but I didn't use the d-pad enough to care. Was in a weird position for the Wii anyway. Also, if you use the dualshock controller you can sidestep, but with the Move controller you can't.

The most significant difference for Move vs. DualShock is the sidestepping I think. So either you get much more accurate/easier aiming or sidestepping lol.

#13 bruistopher

bruistopher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

The 360 version has the extra content on a token for the DLC. Whereas the PS3 version has all the extra content on one Blu-ray disc. So it's a toss up really. I want the PS3 version just because of the extra content on one disc. But I don't have a PS3 yet so...yea!

#14 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

Dangit I just bought this for 23 something from amazon two days ago. WTF. I wish amazon would price adjust /pricematch. Damn oh well, its better than what i paid for it when i bought it from Best Buy for 39.99 plus tax then returned it bought a kindle card and boom bought two games for the almost price of one. :) just waiting for spiderman SD to drop to about 20 and killzone 3 to maybe 25 and im good.

#15 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

I said this in another thread, but it applies here as well.. If you liked the Wii controls for RE4, chances are you'll probably enjoy the Move controls for RE5. They're pretty much the same except the aim cursor only appears on screen when you're aiming in RE5, so it resets every time you aim. I don't think there are camera controls for the Move like the Wii had for RE4, but I didn't use the d-pad enough to care. Was in a weird position for the Wii anyway. Also, if you use the dualshock controller you can sidestep, but with the Move controller you can't.

The most significant difference for Move vs. DualShock is the sidestepping I think. So either you get much more accurate/easier aiming or sidestepping lol.

I appreciate the thorough answer. And I'm convinced, definitely in for one.

#16 edh1017

edh1017

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for the heads-up! I was waiting for it to hit $20.

#17 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

The 360 version has the extra content on a token for the DLC. Whereas the PS3 version has all the extra content on one Blu-ray disc. So it's a toss up really. I want the PS3 version just because of the extra content on one disc. But I don't have a PS3 yet so...yea!

whoa, whoa. You sure about that? i HATE DLC bonus content. If I buy something with bonus stuff it should be included on the damn disc..it being just DLC may make me want the ps3 version instead. Blea maybe i'll wait until the morning to decide and hope its still up. DLC would be espeically weak here since i was planning on installing it on my main system and the backup one i have in the bedroom for system link play. That wont work if its a stupid code, unless i want to waste it on a made up Xbox live account >_<

#18 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

whoa, whoa. You sure about that? i HATE DLC bonus content. If I buy something with bonus stuff it should be included on the damn disc..it being just DLC may make me want the ps3 version instead. Blea maybe i'll wait until the morning to decide and hope its still up

Yeah, from what I remember RE5 Gold Edition for 360 comes with the original/regular RE5 disc with a DLC token. The PS3 comes with all of the DLC on the disc. There's a required install of about 5.8 GB for the PS3.

#19 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

whoa, whoa. You sure about that? i HATE DLC bonus content. If I buy something with bonus stuff it should be included on the damn disc..it being just DLC may make me want the ps3 version instead. Blea maybe i'll wait until the morning to decide and hope its still up. DLC would be espeically weak here since i was planning on installing it on my main system and the backup one i have in the bedroom for system link play. That wont work if its a stupid code, unless i want to waste it on a made up Xbox live account >_<

Under Features in the Overview tab for the :ps3: version on Newegg it reads:

"all additional content released for Resident Evil 5 on a single Blu-ray disk for PS3 or as a DVD with a token to download all content from XBOX Live. Episodes: Lost in Nightmares"

#20 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Yes on 360 it's a token you have to redeem. Extra contents are all on the disc in the PS3 version. There is NO real different between both version. I played both and to be honest I enjoyed it on the PS3 more (i'm talking about using the regular controller) in term of manuverability. The xbox controller just doesn't feel right for a RE game xD I've played RE since PS1 days so I prefer to use a Dual shock controller anyday haha. For me the game seems to look better on the ps3 then xbox but that's just me. But to be honest there is no noticable difference between the 2 systems. You will have the same experience no matter what system you choose to play it on. Unless you want to be @nal about every details and do frame by frame comparision.

#21 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Yeah, from what I remember RE5 Gold Edition for 360 comes with the original/regular RE5 disc with a DLC token. The PS3 comes with all of the DLC on the disc. There's a required install of about 5.8 GB for the PS3.

hmm so does that mean that my plan to get 2 copies and set it up on the 2 xbox's wouldn't work with the 360 version? I dont think the DLC on the 2nd console would work without me just wasting the 2nd on a nonsense gamertag would it?

crap i really didn't want to have to get the ps3 version. blea its way late i need to crash and get some sleep. I"ll have to figure it out later today and just hope its still on sale. Anyone know how the DLC code thing would work with what i want to do with it?

#22 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

whoa, whoa. You sure about that?

Yes, I have both the PS3 and 360 Gold ports, and I can confirm that only the PS3 port includes all of the extra content on the disc. The 360 port DLC remains download-only.

#23 folkmojo

folkmojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

If you READ the product description on NEWEGG under the overview tab, in features it gives you the breakdown for the dlc for each console. So even if you don't trust your fellow cags...I have never had Newegg lie to me.

#24 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

Re5 wasn't my favorite game ever but seeing this deal makes me kind of upset that we haven't gotten an RE6 by now. Capcom probably can't figure out how to spam our wallets like they can with the fighting games.

#25 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

Great deal for whoever doesn't own the Gold edition yet. As everyone else has been saying, the ONLY reason you should even consider the Xbox version (which I bought because I didn't have a PS3 at the time) over the PS3 version is if you have 360-only friends who have the DLC.

Another downside to the 360 version is that you CANNOT PLAY THE DLC if you're not connected to Xbox Live. Just something to be aware of.

#26 Gotenks

Gotenks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

Another downside to the 360 version is that you CANNOT PLAY THE DLC if you're not connected to Xbox Live. Just something to be aware of.

Seriously? I'm going to order the PS3 version then. I'm going to order a Move Navigator controller as well and grab the Sports Champion bundle from Kmart.
Posted Image

#27 sillymonkey321

sillymonkey321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

Great deal for whoever doesn't own the Gold edition yet. As everyone else has been saying, the ONLY reason you should even consider the Xbox version (which I bought because I didn't have a PS3 at the time) over the PS3 version is if you have 360-only friends who have the DLC.

I don't have my 360 connected to the internet at all times because it doesn't have wifi, ps3 purchase confirmed for: dlc on the disc, move support, 360 online requirement shenanigans. I do prefer how the game looks on 360 though, i own the regular version on 360 and was considering just downloading the dlc pack but i was curious to try it out with move.

#28 sillymonkey321

sillymonkey321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

I don't have my 360 connected to the internet at all times because it doesn't have wifi, ps3 purchase confirmed for: dlc on the disc, move support, 360 online requirement shenanigans. I do prefer how the game looks on 360 though, i own the regular version on 360 and was considering just downloading the dlc pack but i was curious to try it out with move.

I now regret my purchase for the ps3 version, apparently the two dlc missions are locked until you complete the main RE 5 campaign. That is beyond stupid.

#29 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

Darn, I bought the vanilla RE5 from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $11.99 last week (paid using credit) and I'm not sure if this would be worth the additional $8. I most likely would only play the single-player extra content (multiplayer's not my kind of thing, especially not for RE), so are the add-ons truly worth it?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#30 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

In for PS3 version.