Newegg: PS3/360 Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition - $19.99

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#31 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

Darn, I bought the vanilla RE5 from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $11.99 last week (paid using credit) and I'm not sure if this would be worth the additional $8. I most likely would only play the single-player extra content (multiplayer's not my kind of thing, especially not for RE), so are the add-ons truly worth it?

The Lost in Nightmares single-player part is really cool, but I'v heard its also rather short. I think its runtime was...~50 minutes?

#32 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

Already been posted about a week ago and currently on the first page. Nice try.

#33 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:30 PM

The Lost in Nightmares single-player part is really cool, but I'v heard its also rather short. I think its runtime was...~50 minutes?

Hmm, that's not good. Does anyone know how much the single-player DLC costs on PSN? I don't have access to it right now.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#34 d8onausa

d8onausa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

Thanks, OP. I'm in for the PS3 version as well. I have no idea why anyone would want to play RE4 or RE5 without the pointer controls of the Wii/Move. The fact that Capcom left Move support out of the RE4 HD release cost them a sale.

#35 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Thanks, OP. I'm in for the PS3 version as well. I have no idea why anyone would want to play RE4 or RE5 without the pointer controls of the Wii/Move. The fact that Capcom left Move support out of the RE4 HD release cost them a sale.

They'll have a Gold version with move controls down the road. You can count on that.
money money money
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#36 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

In for 1 PS3 version. Thanks OP!
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#37 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

I was waiting for this to drop to about this price point, but I ended up just buying it for a little more instead on eBay.

What is up with retailers still using the old picture, instead of the one that has the Move Compatibility shown on it? That was one of my reasons for just buying it off eBay, I wanted to be sure it was that version. I know if you get the older one you can just download the Move support, but I figured more stuff on the actual disc, the better.

Now, watch someone reply and tell me only the cover changed and not the contents of the disc. Then I'm gonna feel dumb for not waiting lol.

#38 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

I was waiting for this to drop to about this price point, but I ended up just buying it for a little more instead on eBay.

What is up with retailers still using the old picture, instead of the one that has the Move Compatibility shown on it? That was one of my reasons for just buying it off eBay, I wanted to be sure it was that version. I know if you get the older one you can just download the Move support, but I figured more stuff on the actual disc, the better.

Now, watch someone reply and tell me only the cover changed and not the contents of the disc. Then I'm gonna feel dumb for not waiting lol.

Wrong, you cannot download move support! You Have to have the gold version for move. This is capcom, you know they make you buy a whole new game, they don't do updates.

Awesome for all the new move owners to get to try this.

#39 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Wrong, you cannot download move support! You Have to have the gold version for move. This is capcom, you know they make you buy a whole new game, they don't do updates.

Awesome for all the new move owners to get to try this.

I guess I should have clarified. There are 2 Gold versions that have different covers. One doesn't have the Move support on the cover, while the other one does.

http://images2.wikia...Edition_ps3.jpg

http://www.donnystor...move-ps3-us.jpg

I meant if you have the one without the Move on the cover, you can just download it. Probably as one of those update popups you get when you start to play a game.

#40 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

Awesome, I've been wanting to pick this up for a while.

Thanks OP

#41 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

I got the original version on clearance at Target long ago for $16. I played the first 2 levels and haven't touched it since. I just do not care for it without the pointer controls like RE4 on the Wii.

This is really tempting since I have the Move setup, but with a ton of credit at gamestop and some at amazon I will likely wait for the price to get to this point at one of them. Otherwise I will feel like I paid too much between the versions to play the game.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#42 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Thanks OP. I have most of this content already on 360, but I bought for PS3 so I have everything on disc. Much appreciated.
Posted Image

#43 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

I now regret my purchase for the ps3 version, apparently the two dlc missions are locked until you complete the main RE 5 campaign. That is beyond stupid.

Is that really true? On Xbox, the two additional campaign missions are stand-alone. So you have to have a completed save on PS3?

#44 sillymonkey321

sillymonkey321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

Is that really true? On Xbox, the two additional campaign missions are stand-alone. So you have to have a completed save on PS3?

ign ps3 re 5 gold review explicitly said that the 360 version lets you play it upon download but the ps3 version requires you to play through re 5 and treats it as an unlockable feature like the rest of the after game unlocks. I looked it up online to see what people were saying and it's more of the same, except if you played RE 5 on ps3 before and kept your save it might work. Unlucky me played it on 360 and wanted to switch to ps3 for move/dlc on disc but i didn't want to play the whole game again BEFORE i could play Lost in Nightmares/have new costumes.

#45 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

I missed this the first time around so I'm really glad to see this deal again. Thanks OP!

#46 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

any1 know if any of the new costumes have Sheva in a thong ?

I just got a new tv

#47 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

any1 know if any of the new costumes have Sheva in a thong ?

I just got a new tv

Hahahahaha!

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#48 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

Oh thank heavens:

#49 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

I bit. Thanks OP.
----
Posted Image

#50 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

Very nice find, OP.

#51 bk187

bk187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

Not well. You need to hit some of the buttons on the Move during gameplay, so the Sharpshooter makes it almost impossible.

But doesn't the Sharpshooter map every single button from the Move Controller onto the Sharpshooter itself where they are all accessible?

#52 sead21c

sead21c

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

Ugh, bit on a copy even though I
have the vanilla for PS3. Will trade into BB for a pre-order to finish of the pre-order 5 for 100 deal.

#53 Hirata

Hirata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

I really want to get this, but I'm afraid of the free shipping turning out to be through DHL.

Ordered something with free DHL shipping a couple of years ago and the package looked like it was dragged through the dirt, and was torn at the top like somebody looked inside. I would be afraid of the game being banged up when I finally get it.

Anybody have recent experience with their free shipping on games like this?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

Thanks OP grabbed 360 version. Sucks it's DLC for extras but I beat the vanilla version at release and still have those save files for the extra stuff.

Nice it's tax free, i'd drool crazily if Amazon was like it is for most of yall.

#55 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

I really want to get this, but I'm afraid of the free shipping turning out to be through DHL.

Ordered something with free DHL shipping a couple of years ago and the package looked like it was dragged through the dirt, and was torn at the top like somebody looked inside. I would be afraid of the game being banged up when I finally get it.

Anybody have recent experience with their free shipping on games like this?

In the past month or two, I ordered two games from Newegg with free shipping, and they came in a bubble-wrap envelope/mailer through the mail (USPS).
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#56 Hirata

Hirata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

In the past month or two, I ordered two games from Newegg with free shipping, and they came in a bubble-wrap envelope/mailer through the mail (USPS).

Thanks. Took a chance and placed an order.

Planning to play this online with a friend while we both yell "CHRIS!" "SHEVA!" "HURRY!" at each other.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

I guess I should have clarified. There are 2 Gold versions that have different covers. One doesn't have the Move support on the cover, while the other one does.

http://images2.wikia...Edition_ps3.jpg

http://www.donnystor...move-ps3-us.jpg

I meant if you have the one without the Move on the cover, you can just download it. Probably as one of those update popups you get when you start to play a game.

again, wrong. Not trying to be a dick, just want people to have the correct information.

The only difference between the two gold editions are the covers. The disc inside is the exact same. This was one of the first move games but it didn't clarify Move on the cover stop they just made a new cover when Sony came out with that blue logo part. You CANNOT download move support, period. No dlc, no patch, no update. Regardless of your cover art, if it's the gold edition, we all have the same game

#58 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

The only difference between the two gold editions are the covers. The disc inside is the exact same. This was one of the first move games but it didn't clarify Move on the cover stop they just made a new cover when Sony came out with that blue logo part. You CANNOT download move support, period. No dlc, no patch, no update. Regardless of your cover art, if it's the gold edition, we all have the same game

Correct. Sony started labeling Move games that weren't Move games. Heavy Rain is another example of one that they added the Move header to. With Heavy Rain, though, Move support was added to existing versions with a patch. With RE5, one of the main draws of the Gold edition was the fact that it A.) Had the DLC and B.) Had Move support bundled with it on the disc.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#59 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Wow, so not only is the DLC a lame code on the 360 but theres a CAG that says you have to be online to even use it? Is that true? Most dlc that you d.load you can use offline on the main console its been d.loaded onto. This ones even more restrictive? This really sucks. I lke the 360 visuals a lot better. Minor screen is tearing > frame drops for me too. But if i cant use the DLC on 2 different systems then it kills the point of doing system link co-op with this.

I wanted to double check something before i just said screw it and went with the ps3 version i guess:
With the 360 versions DLC, is it impossible for me to use the DLC on 2 consoles in my bedroom for system link games?
It's sounding like that wont work at all, and i'll have to get the ps3 version. Problem is i dont have 2 ps3's in my bedroom. In fact i only have 1 that donesnt read discs right now =P

everyone submit both versions to amazon for a PM!

#60 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Submitted to Amazon! go go go. ha