DEAD Oct. BB @Gamer Mag-$30 GOW Origins/$30 DR2:OTR, $50 NHL 12, $45 DE:HR

• Please log in to reply
628 replies to this topic

#541 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

Is anyone having problems checking order status at BestBuy.com?

I also can't seem to log into my Reward Zone.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#542 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:41 AM

When should I expect to see the new @Gamer magazine?
On Sep. 12 (the day it started, anyway) I signed up for the Unlocked business. I was trading in some games that day, any ended up with +60% with a Gears of War 3 pre-order.

The day Ico/Shadow came out, I went to the same store, returning 1 game. It took them some time to find me in their system. But I was in there.
By the time they found me, someone else came along to trade in games and an employee signed him up for the @Gamer magazine and gave him a copy of the magazine.
When I signed up for it, I wasn't given the magazine and told it would come in the mail. Tell the employees this, they gave me a copy to keep (Battlefield 3 vs MW3 cover).

At this point, I'm guessing whoever signed me up for it, screwed things up.
When I look up my RewardZone account on their site, I see no mention of Unlocked @Gamer. But I have receipts with that number saying I bought the Unlocked thing, and used it while trading in/buying games.

It's mid-October, and still haven't seen the new issue in the mail yet.
Should I take my receipts down to BB and have Customer Service straighten this out for me, or is there something I can do to correct this on their website?
Thanks for reading and any help you can give me.

DCH_Logo%202014_CAG.png

Also on Twitter @ DanCote.Himself

#543 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

Until your mag comes, just take down the receipt that shows you bought Unlocked and hope they give you a mag from the store.

#544 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

I was, but it's working fine now. For an hour or so, I had the horrible feeling that they terminated my account. LOL.

#545 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

When should I expect to see the new @Gamer magazine?
On Sep. 12 (the day it started, anyway) I signed up for the Unlocked business. I was trading in some games that day, any ended up with +60% with a Gears of War 3 pre-order.

The day Ico/Shadow came out, I went to the same store, returning 1 game. It took them some time to find me in their system. But I was in there.
By the time they found me, someone else came along to trade in games and an employee signed him up for the @Gamer magazine and gave him a copy of the magazine.
When I signed up for it, I wasn't given the magazine and told it would come in the mail. Tell the employees this, they gave me a copy to keep (Battlefield 3 vs MW3 cover).

At this point, I'm guessing whoever signed me up for it, screwed things up.
When I look up my RewardZone account on their site, I see no mention of Unlocked @Gamer. But I have receipts with that number saying I bought the Unlocked thing, and used it while trading in/buying games.

It's mid-October, and still haven't seen the new issue in the mail yet.
Should I take my receipts down to BB and have Customer Service straighten this out for me, or is there something I can do to correct this on their website?
Thanks for reading and any help you can give me.

I signed up around the same time and didn't get it. From what I have heard, normally you miss the next issue.

When the Ico deal started working, I just went in and told the guy that they didn't send me the issue and told him I signed up the month prior. He verified that I was unlocked. After he talked with the manager, they just gave me the magazine and used the coupon.

#546 Chatomairi

Chatomairi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Tried again at the Best Buy in Levittown (NY) and it was a no go again. I figured I'll wait a little before trying again since Monday. Yesterday I stopped over there. A sales associate asked if I needed any help and I told him I was looking for God of War Origins. He checked on the computer and informed me they were sold out. I asked if he could by any chance see what the price ICO would ring up. He checked the inventory program and it said 24.99. I brought a copy of ICO up to the front cashiers and handed them the game and coupon. When he scanned the game, it rang up 39.99. I then told him it should have rang up as 24.99. He called the manager; manager came by and gave me a lecture on how and why this coupon wouldn't work. I told him if it rang up as 24.99 like it should have then it'll work. He said no and insisted it was an online only price. I told him to check the inventory price on his computer. He said sure and logged into it. To his surprise it showed the price of 24.99 but he still refused to help. I walked out and went to Westbury. Worked like a charm. The game was scanned for 24.99, handed the coupon, 10 bucks was taken off and then used my RWZ certificates to bring it down to 5.42. Lesson learned, stay away from Levittown. That store needs to learn how to be more understanding. A simple phone call to another store wouldn't have killed.

#547 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

I'm surprised people are having trouble with various stores. I would PM Mike from the Best Buy forums. He sent an email to my store and it tang up like a charm. I hope they have this issue fixed for the upcoming sales.

#548 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

It won't let me sign on either. When I put in my email address and password it acts like I put in the wrong password (I tried multiple times).

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#549 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

I just signed up for the magazine subscription to get $10 off God of War Origins. Apparently you can't pick up something purchased online via gift card and apply the coupon the same day (and the coupon can't be applied to online purchases) so I had to go to Best Buy two separate times.

The remaining coupons are all unused. Do folks have any suggestions? Either a place to give and/or sell them?

#550 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

I just signed up for the magazine subscription to get $10 off God of War Origins. Apparently you can't pick up something purchased online via gift card and apply the coupon the same day (and the coupon can't be applied to online purchases) so I had to go to Best Buy two separate times.

The remaining coupons are all unused. Do folks have any suggestions? Either a place to give and/or sell them?

Most of the time 1 coupon is good for flipping. GoW/Ico was a good flip for a couple of days.

So hold hope that DR2:OTR will be a good flip.

If bot post them in the trading forums here. They'll sell for a couple bucks each.

#551 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

I ended up going and picking up GoW as well. I didn't bother trying to get a second $10 off. I used the coupon yesterday on Ico.

I beat the first 2 Colossi in SotC last night. I thought I had played some of the game in the past, but I realize now I haven't. Those controls really drove me nuts. I also hated how the camera always rotates to behind the character. First thing I had to do was invert the camera controls as well. I'm not sure I'll finish this game, but I only paid $15 for it. :)

I played Chains of Olympus on PSP. I was thinking I wouldn't replay it on PS3, but I might as well. Get my money's worth.

#552 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

This thing is so clear that the coupons should be stacking "with sale prices" it's not even funny. There's no way around it the wording is exact & precise plus it tells the employee to inform the customers that they stack for extra savings.#-o

You must live in an alternate reality with all of the positive experiences you've had with BBY. BBY employees are a bunch of dildos who don't know what in the flying Fuck they are doing. The fact that their forums are filled with a bunch of threads of how to correctly apply their own policies is laughable. I hate all of their stores and 99.99999% of the workers are ignorant assholes.

#553 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

how long is ico/sotc colection going to be selling for 24.99? they sold out at my local best buy and im getting conflicting reports on when they will get new ones in. im at the point where id rather at least get it at 24.99 online than hope they get more in store before the price goes up.

#554 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

You must live in an alternate reality with all of the positive experiences you've had with BBY. BBY employees are a bunch of dildos who don't know what in the flying Fuck they are doing. The fact that their forums are filled with a bunch of threads of how to correctly apply their own policies is laughable. I hate all of their stores and 99.99999% of the workers are ignorant assholes.

this is the exact text from the 6/1 memo;

@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!

how long is ico/sotc colection going to be selling for 24.99? they sold out at my local best buy and im getting conflicting reports on when they will get new ones in. im at the point where id rather at least get it at 24.99 online than hope they get more in store before the price goes up.

the shelf tag stickers said 10/15 this was confirmed by several other CAG's as well. I believe GOW:O was added to help resolve the stacking issue TBH.

#555 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

thanks for the info i went ahead and got it online since theres no telling when itll be back in stores here. some discount is better than no discount.

#556 sonofhotpie

sonofhotpie

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

Not to belabor this, but I can confirm that the coupon worked without override or objection at the BB in Marysville, Ohio on Ico/SotC. They had several (i.e. more than 10) left. Great deal. As always, thanks to the OP and those who worked to get this deal "right."

#557 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

I called the 800 678 3643 for the @gamer help line and confirmed that my subscription started mid Oct. I signed up the day the program went live, so they took some time to get my info for the sub turned in. Confirmed that because of the sub date, I would not be getting this month's mag. I will be going in and talking to the gaming supervisor to see what options I have (free mag, use their coupons, etc).
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#558 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

I called the 800 678 3643 for the @gamer help line and confirmed that my subscription started mid Oct. I signed up the day the program went live, so they took some time to get my info for the sub turned in. Confirmed that because of the sub date, I would not be getting this month's mag. I will be going in and talking to the gaming supervisor to see what options I have (free mag, use their coupons, etc).

I signed up on 9/12 and @Gamer CS told me they didn't receive my info until 10/11. Said my first issue would be 4 - 6 weeks from 10/11.

#559 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

So Ico/SotC ends on 10/15; when does GoW sale end? Also, is the GoW sale still online only or is it in store as well now?

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#560 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

So Ico/SotC ends on 10/15; when does GoW sale end? Also, is the GoW sale still online only or is it in store as well now?

In store now also. Both signs said 10/15 at my local store

#561 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

Finally got in on this. Employee didn't think coupon would stack but did no problem. $52 for unlocked, Ico, GOW collection, and a second magazine. He wouldn't scan coupon twice and he laughed when I said I would just buy a second magazine since it would still save me $5.

#562 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

I bought GoW:O for $15. When I was ringing up the gaming cashier mentioned the stacking problem and said he hoped it would work and it did. On the way out to the car decided to get Ico/SotC so I went back in. He told me he wasn't suppose to, but scanned the coupon again anyways.

Can't wait to dig into them after the weekend. Too bad it's too late to tell my girlfriend I can't come over this weekend.

Snagged 4 awesome titles for $30 and to make it even sweeter they all support 3D. Plus I still have about $80 in credit from the big trade-in I did. Overall a very successful trip to Best Buy.

#563 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

Which game is better? Ico or GOW???
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#564 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

Ido collection is two completely different game s. Gow is just like the previous 3 games. Good, just more of the same

Which game is better? Ico or GOW???

#565 rockettorussia

rockettorussia

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

seriously why hasnt my magazine got here yet? anyone else having the same problem?

#566 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

seriously why hasnt my magazine got here yet? anyone else having the same problem?

Yes, I'm still waiting for my magazine to get here as well. Fortunately for me nothing I want has gone on sale, but still disappointed.

#567 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

Am in the same boat as you. I still haven't receive the magazine yet. I'll see if I can get a free copy in store on Tuesday.

#568 bnizzle

bnizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

This magazine is like the opposite of how normal magazines work. Usually I will get an october issue in early september, but @gamer seems to be on a different schedule (a 4 week later schedule...)

#569 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

This magazine is like the opposite of how normal magazines work. Usually I will get an october issue in early september, but @gamer seems to be on a different schedule (a 4 week later schedule...)

My magazine better get here this week or BBY is going to have one very upset customer in their store :-#

#570 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

The store isn't in charge of subscriptions. So raising hell in there is not going to get you anywhere. Call the 800 number instead, they well most likely tack on some extra months as an apology

My magazine better get here this week or BBY is going to have one very upset customer in their store :-#