Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credit + Thanks goes to PrinnyOtaku

icon10.gif
Coupons do stack with sale prices
icon8.gif
Coupons do not stack with price matches, package deals (buy 2, get 1, etc) or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

CURRENT SALES - Coupons valid 10/2-10/29
Assassin's Creed Revelations is on the current cover

:360::ps3: NHL12 - $50 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Off the Record - $30 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Deus Ex Human Revolution - $45 after $15 off coupon
:360: Tropico 4 - $40 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: ICO/SOTC OR GOW Origins Collection - $30 after $10 off coupon
:wii::ds: Just Dance Summer Party OR The Smurfs - $20 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: Turtle Beach Ear Force PBT - $30 after $20 off coupon
iconbestbuy.gif
PPK Onyx Mercury - $60 after $20 off coupon

MAGAZINE DETAILS

SUBSCRIBING (In-Store vs online)
In-Store - you get the current months mag free just have them scan it when you bring the sub receipt from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail.

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used & + 10% extra trade-in)
Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

***YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "UNLOCKED" TO USE THE COUPONS & IT'S NOT TIED TO YOUR RZ ACCOUNT JUST USE THE COUPON***

Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

For those who may not think the $15 is worth it here's the previous months mags since coupons started stacking judge for yourself:
June/July issue
August issue
September Issue

For those having issues in-store getting reps to abide by the new policy - link
This is the EXACT TEXT from the 6/1 memo that was sent to me;

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

For any issues that occur with the system not being updated to accept the coupons or technical problems - link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarthVicious82']So it looks like the future of @Gamer is hazy because its publisher is in serious financial trouble. I subscribe to The Official XBox and Playstation Magazines (both published by Future) through Amazon. A few weeks ago Amazon let me know that they will no longer be carrying these magazines (and I'm guessing other Future titles as well). Beware...the days may be numbered for @Gamer too.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/29/future-making-hard-choices-about-us-publications/[/QUOTE]

oh noooez :whistle2:#

Wow... Back when Ziff and pretty much every other publisher was calling it quits, I had heard that Future were the only ones doing okay. But I guess they're eff'ed now... They do Qore on PSN also. This'll be interesting.

Just came from BB and had to argue with the sales rep about price matching the sale price for GOW origin collection, since it wasn't reflected at the stores computers. Got them to give me the sales price regardless because of the reason enuf gave. This was at 11:17 est. The sucky thing is that since it was a price match they wouldn't let me use the $10 off coupon.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']So it looks like the future of @Gamer is hazy because its publisher is in serious financial trouble. I subscribe to The Official XBox and Playstation Magazines (both published by Future) through Amazon. A few weeks ago Amazon let me know that they will no longer be carrying these magazines (and I'm guessing other Future titles as well). Beware...the days may be numbered for @Gamer too.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/29/future-making-hard-choices-about-us-publications/[/QUOTE]

I just signed up for the mag and haven't got this months issue yet so I was going to sign up for another subscription under my wife's name to get this months coupons and double coupons for the future... having second thoughts now, I wonder if BB would refund the $15 if the magazine went under.

[quote name='Draknight']Just came from BB and had to argue with the sales rep about price matching the sale price for GOW origin collection, since it wasn't reflected at the stores computers. Got them to give me the sales price regardless because of the reason enuf gave. This was at 11:17 est. The sucky thing is that since it was a price match they wouldn't let me use the $10 off coupon.[/QUOTE]Please post your experience here(link is in the OP also)
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...m-p/331938/thread-id/1754?device-view=desktop

my understanding has been that'd they deny a pm(from another store) + coupon as that would be "double dipping" but from BB.com it should not be denied as "double dipping". I think you maybe able to get a credit adjustment for the difference or the difference in RZ points by pm'ing the BB rep who responds(Kyle or Mike) generally.

I think Mike is taking over somewhat and Kyle maybe getting more power over the gaming stuff. He wants BB to be part of CAG like kmart is so hopefully this will come & assist in CAG getting even better deals.

I'm worried about going to Best Buy on this. I wish you could use the coupons online, but then everyone would just post the coupon code, so I understand. Best Buy is a half hour from me and I need to go in and hope that things go well. I do the same with Kmart, but that's only a five minute drive. I still may give it a shot and if they deny my coupon, I'll try what enuf said.

[quote name='Enuf']Credit + Thanks goes to PrinnyOtaku

Coupons valid 10/2-10/29

COUPONS DO STACK WITH SALE PRICES

(PS3/X360/PC)Deus Ex Human Revolution - $27 after $15 off coupon

[/QUOTE]

Got a few questions...

Is the in-store price for Deus Ex PC at $42 I checked online and it shows it at the full msrp of $50. Does the coupon work on Augmented Edition? What price are the Augmented at?

[quote name='Enuf']Please post your experience here(link is in the OP also)
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...m-p/331938/thread-id/1754?device-view=desktop

my understanding has been that'd they deny a pm(from another store) + coupon as that would be "double dipping" but from BB.com it should not be denied as "double dipping". I think you maybe able to get a credit adjustment for the difference or the difference in RZ points by pm'ing the BB rep who responds(Kyle or Mike) generally.

I think Mike is taking over somewhat and Kyle maybe getting more power over the gaming stuff. He wants BB to be part of CAG like kmart is so hopefully this will come & assist in CAG getting even better deals.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. Could you help me out w/ my situation? I didn't here your official take on this yet. I'm a gamer club member and I bought Ico shipped to store b/c the local stores are oos. If the store receives my copy b4 the end of october, how can I use my $10 gamer mag coupon to bring the total down to $14.99?

I once tried returning something that I bought online but the clerk just said I had to do that online. Is that actually store policy? Or can I pay for my order at pickup and do a return and re-buy on the spot to use the coupon?

Also, does a local store have the power to do an instant price adjustment on an online order, or will I hear the same excuse about the online and store being separate entities? Please just give us the correct procedure so we know what to tell them to do.

I just went to my local bestbuy and I tried to buy deus ex with the coupon but it rang up 60 dollar instore and I tried to pricematch the online price but they said either I get deus ex for 42 and not able to use the coupon which is the online price or the instore price and get to use the coupon

Do you think they'll let me use a gamer mag from in store since I just signed up and won't get the October issue for a while? Really want to Jump on the cheap dues ex

[quote name='KtMack23']Do you think they'll let me use a gamer mag from in store since I just signed up and won't get the October issue for a while? Really want to Jump on the cheap dues ex[/QUOTE]

If you got a friendly rep then i think you have a good chance. Sometimes they have to have a coupon though so its very YMMV.

Try to have someone in gaming department help you and have them look up your Gamers Club status when you explain the situation. If that doesn't work then buy mag now and return the one you get in the mail later.

Ill just wait til tomorrow I guess and hopefully they get this sorted out by then and their computers get updated with correct prices. Maybe my mag will get delivered tomorrow too

If I buy two copies of the magazine there shouldn't be any problem getting both gow and ico/sotc for $15 each right?

Just wanted to double check, sorry if this is covered elsewhere.

[quote name='Japakneez']If you got a friendly rep then i think you have a good chance. Sometimes they have to have a coupon though so its very YMMV.

Try to have someone in gaming department help you and have them look up your Gamers Club status when you explain the situation. If that doesn't work then buy mag now and return the one you get in the mail later.[/QUOTE]

They'll let you Return the @Gamer magazine? I doubt that

[quote name='KtMack23']Do you think they'll let me use a gamer mag from in store since I just signed up and won't get the October issue for a while? Really want to Jump on the cheap dues ex[/QUOTE]
Yes, if the rep is cool. Most of them will let you do it. The guy at my game dept says, "I might as well give it to someone who actually wants the magazine", when I asked for it last time.

[quote name='fujimitsu']If I buy two copies of the magazine there shouldn't be any problem getting both gow and ico/sotc for $15 each right?

Just wanted to double check, sorry if this is covered elsewhere.[/QUOTE]shouldnt be

So fucked.

GoW:OC is ringing up at $39.99

Deus Ex is ringing up at $59.99

The gaming sup rang everything up and let me use the same coupon (from the in-store copy of the mag) multiple times, but we found out after he rang up multiple orders that the prices were wrong.

Had to do returns and price matches on everything.

I ended up with 2x GoW:OC for $14.99 each, 1 GoW:OC for $29.99 (didn't bother having him do millions of returns, as it's all tracked under his account) and 1 copy of Deus Ex PS3 for $27.99 (yeah he heard the AC price wrong, but it's only $1 so whatever). They were sold out of ICO/Shadow, but luckily he was nice enough to price adjust my pre-order from last week down to $14.99.

Screw their gay ass system not working at all.

Do not go into BB thinking you can get the PM + @Gamer coupon to stack. It doesn't work, the coupon gets zero'ed out. So it's either just pay $24.99 (via PM) or try your hardest to convince them to PM it all the way down to $14.99 without using the coupon.

By the time they fix it, the sale will most likely be over.

Ico/SOTC sold out of course, tried to get a PM on God of War and they wouldn't budge, but managed to get an employee to say they could do it for Deus Ex no problem so I managed to get away with that one when the manager had to do an override down to $26.99 which isn't all bad.

Hopefully tomorrow I can go back and get God of War for $15, would be nice.

[quote name='KtMack23']They'll let you Return the @Gamer magazine? I doubt that[/QUOTE]

Furthermore ur mag has ur subscription info on it.

[quote name='fujimitsu']If I buy two copies of the magazine there shouldn't be any problem getting both gow and ico/sotc for $15 each right?

Just wanted to double check, sorry if this is covered elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Big problem. For one, just about every store doesn't have the ICo/SOTC pack in stock. For two, both of these games are priced 39.99 in-store, so if you have them PM the bb.com price you can't use the $10 off @gamer coupons. You would be EXTREMELY fortunate to get a manager to override the system to allow the double dip of both PM and coupon. I would say you have roughly a 5% chance of accomplishing this. lol

[quote name='Ultragamer']Ico/SOTC sold out of course, tried to get a PM on God of War and they wouldn't budge, but managed to get an employee to say they could do it for Deus Ex no problem so I managed to get away with that one when the manager had to do an override down to $26.99 which isn't all bad.

Hopefully tomorrow I can go back and get God of War for $15, would be nice.[/QUOTE]

That really makes no sense. Why would they allow a double dip on Deus Ex, but not God of War?

Stores should be restocking up on ICO/Shadow within the next day or two if my local store is any indication. Hopefully the sale lasts for more than a day... and they fix in-store pricing.

I had the same problem everyone else is. Deus Ex was ringing up $59.99 asked to price match and use the coupon which turned into a pissing match with the gaming supervisor who tried telling me the coupons dont stack with sale prices. He eventually gave in and pm it. What a pain in the ass.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']That really makes no sense. Why would they allow a double dip on Deus Ex, but not God of War?[/QUOTE]

Didn't make sense to me either but I didn't want to say anything in fear of them just saying fuck it to doing it for Deus Ex.

They didn't let me do it deus and I'm so disappointed at best buy right now and Im so jealous a people who got it for 27 and I really want that game

[quote name='possum1284']bestbuy sucks they wont honor deus ex coupon cause of the sale price online.
Adam[/QUOTE]

I never understood why stores have different prices online and in-store. I can see if it's an online exclusive sale, but in an instance like this, nothing is mentioned online about it being online only. Wal-Mart is also bad about this....prices not matching online and n-store. I think if you can buy it online, then pick it up in-store, then the in-store price should be the same. Like I said, the only way for prices to be different is if it's a special online sale or special in-store sale. It just causes problems like this when prices aren't the same.

[quote name='fortunado']I'm definitely down for ICO/SOTC when I get my copy of the magazine. :)[/QUOTE]

Apparently you haven't been reading the threads associated with this game/sale. lol

Will the GOW coupon work for store pickup??? Also will it work for only 1 game (I have ordered 2 copies for pickup). Is there a limit?
Sorry new to the gamer mag. Please anyone.

[quote name='harish7447']Will the GOW coupon work for store pickup??? Also will it work for only 1 game (I have ordered 2 copies for pickup). Is there a limit?
Sorry new to the gamer mag. Please anyone.[/QUOTE]

The @Gamer mag coupons don't work with online orders in any form or fashion. I guess you could say the limit is ZERO. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Apparently you haven't been reading the threads associated with this game/sale. lol[/QUOTE]

Mr negativity. I'm sure this will all work by Tuesday at the latest

Going to have to see if they can give me a copy of the mag, since I guess I won't be getting my october issue. I can't imagine that at least one BB won't give it to me.

[quote name='shadowkast']Mr negativity. I'm sure this will all work by Tuesday at the latest[/QUOTE]

It will work if they get in more copies and IF the in-store price is adjusted to match the online price. We shall see, but I'm not expecting the in-store price to drop and match the online price on the ICO/SOTC & GOW games.

[quote name='DerClaw']Going to have to see if they can give me a copy of the mag, since I guess I won't be getting my october issue. I can't imagine that at least one BB won't give it to me.[/QUOTE]

Are you needing just one coupon? if so which one? I probably wont be using any this month.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']Cant i just go to best buy and rip the coupon of the magazine?[/QUOTE]

The magazine cost $5 or $15 for a subscription, so no you cant.

Even if you just buy the mag, you are still gonna get the collection for $20 which is awesome.

If I were you tho, I would make sure that the coupon works first when you take it up there and then pay for the mag.

Also, if youve been keeping up with Best Buy, have credit, or trade in games there alot, then I would suggest just getting the $15 sub. Ive had it for 3 months and Ive used a coupon every month and pretty much paid for the sub and then some. You also get the 10% on tradeins and used.

You guys seemed surprised sales aren't stacking with the coup. Best Buy's coupons recently have been pretty clear, they don't like price matching with the coup. So even if the online price is cheaper or if another store has it cheaper than with the coupon, you're sore out of luck. Waste of a month mag coupon spot.

[quote name='karyadi']You guys seemed surprised sales aren't stacking with the coup. Best Buy's coupons recently have been pretty clear, they don't like price matching with the coup. So even if the online price is cheaper or if another store has it cheaper than with the coupon, you're sore out of luck. Waste of a month mag coupon spot.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that they don't stack though. I remembered I priced match the K-Mart deal because they had Back to The Future BR for $15 and then I used the coupon to get another $5 off making it $9.99.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The @Gamer mag coupons don't work with online orders in any form or fashion. I guess you could say the limit is ZERO. lol[/QUOTE]

Thank you. What is the limit if i buy at the store?

[quote name='karyadi']You guys seemed surprised sales aren't stacking with the coup. Best Buy's coupons recently have been pretty clear, they don't like price matching with the coup. So even if the online price is cheaper or if another store has it cheaper than with the coupon, you're sore out of luck. Waste of a month mag coupon spot.[/QUOTE]

Since June, in store sale prices are supposed to stack with coupons. But this may have changed recently. Driver blocked sale+coupon but then allowed it a few days later. PM+Coupon is a YMMV situation, but it should never work.

To be fair people are surprised because they came in to the store expecting the store price to match the online price. Some people are saying this will occur for these games but I'm not certain it will. There have been plenty of sales that are store only or online only. The current sale they have on logitech remotes is an example....its been on sale online for over a month now but that price never occurred in store.

I think some people (few) were reporting that is was ringing up at the lower price instore. That's why we are hopeful

ICO was ringing up at $24.99 at my store but it wasn't stackable with the coupon automatically. The girl said she couldn't do a manual overide because taking $10 off a $25 game was too much and the manager wouldn't do it. So she tells me that she'll call corporate and try to ask how to get the coupon to work because it has worked with sale price before. I shall see on Wednesday when i come to pick up my Rage order.

bread's done
Back