DEAD Oct. BB @Gamer Mag-$30 GOW Origins/$30 DR2:OTR, $50 NHL 12, $45 DE:HR

• Please log in to reply
628 replies to this topic

#571 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

My magazine better get here this week or BBY is going to have one very upset customer in their store :-#

Have you called @gamer CS (1-800-678-3643) to see when they received your subscription info from BB? I signed up on 9/12, but @gamer said they didn't get my info until 10/11.

#572 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

seriously why hasnt my magazine got here yet? anyone else having the same problem?

I didn't get mine. I went in-store, explained my situation about not receiving it yet in order to secure a magazine. You might try that. Note being that we are midmonth I doubt anyone will get the magazine via mail until next issue.

#573 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

You must live in an alternate reality with all of the positive experiences you've had with BBY. BBY employees are a bunch of dildos who don't know what in the flying Fuck they are doing. The fact that their forums are filled with a bunch of threads of how to correctly apply their own policies is laughable. I hate all of their stores and 99.99999% of the workers are ignorant assholes.

Your post couldn't have been more right and you posted exactly the way I feel about the company. It's a joke when they can't even get the coupons from " the official games magazine of Best Buy" to work properly. It took them almost a week to straighten out their GoW/Ico coupon mess. I am sure a lot of people, like myself, who were denied the coupon just bought the game anyways. It should have either worked automatically or the manager should have manually taken it off. Instead you get them saying that they can't even match their own site AND use the coupon, or they couldn't use it at all in the case of Ico/SotC because it's on sale. I'm not going to waste more time and gas again to drive out to the store just to try again to use a coupon that should have worked in the first place. Hell for all I know I'd get there and they'd tell me it still couldn't be used even though it's supposedly fixed.

So a week after I buy it a mod from their forums tells me it should be fixed now because he called my store. What fucking good does it do me now?

#574 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

Very good point. I've had to do this the past two months. Though it is only a temporary solution

I didn't get mine. I went in-store, explained my situation about not receiving it yet in order to secure a magazine. You might try that. Note being that we are midmonth I doubt anyone will get the magazine via mail until next issue.

#575 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:00 AM

Your post couldn't have been more right and you posted exactly the way I feel about the company. It's a joke when they can't even get the coupons from " the official games magazine of Best Buy" to work properly. It took them almost a week to straighten out their GoW/Ico coupon mess. I am sure a lot of people, like myself, who were denied the coupon just bought the game anyways. It should have either worked automatically or the manager should have manually taken it off. Instead you get them saying that they can't even match their own site AND use the coupon, or they couldn't use it at all in the case of Ico/SotC because it's on sale. I'm not going to waste more time and gas again to drive out to the store just to try again to use a coupon that should have worked in the first place. Hell for all I know I'd get there and they'd tell me it still couldn't be used even though it's supposedly fixed.

So a week after I buy it a mod from their forums tells me it should be fixed now because he called my store. What fucking good does it do me now?

You can go to the store and get a refund of 10 dollars.

#576 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

It should have either worked automatically or the manager should have manually taken it off. Instead you get them saying that they can't even match their own site AND use the coupon, or they couldn't use it at all in the case of Ico/SotC because it's on sale.

I agree with your whole post. I just wanted to point out to others, to make sure that it's widely known, that you can't PM the website AND use the coupon per their policy. Again managers can override this policy, as you have already heard success stories, but aren't supposed to. YMMV at best.

I am not sure if you meant you should be able to in your post or if you meant something else. Or if you are just frustrated because you aren't able to do that.

#577 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

Today I wen to the RZ website and tried to "Report Missing Points" only to be given the following error:

"You have exceeded the number of missing transactions you can report online"

I didn't even know that was possible... It's not my fault the cashier is completely incompetent and didn't ask me for my RZ card.:roll:

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#578 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

Today I wen to the RZ website and tried to "Report Missing Points" only to be given the following error:

I didn't even know that was possible... It's not my fault the cashier is completely incompetent and didn't ask me for my RZ card.:roll:

People are so quick to point the finger. Of course it's the cashiers fault you forgot You were at best buy and while you already had your wallet out, You forgot to pull out your card. What else do you have to be reminded of that is someone else's fault. "I pissed my pants today because no one reminded me to go. All their fault, incompetence!!!"

#579 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

Seems like a lot of incompetent cashiers...

Wonder what the common thread between all of them were.

#580 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:40 AM

It's a monthly threshold so you can call them to add it or wait until next month.

#581 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

You can go to the store and get a refund of 10 dollars.

It makes no sense to waste gas driving there and back for $10. It's like 60 miles round trip.

#582 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

It's a monthly threshold so you can call them to add it or wait until next month.

Thanks for the response.

People are so quick to point the finger. Of course it's the cashiers fault you forgot You were at best buy and while you already had your wallet out, You forgot to pull out your card. What else do you have to be reminded of that is someone else's fault. "I pissed my pants today because no one reminded me to go. All their fault, incompetence!!!

Hmm... if I remember correctly, quite a few people from here were getting mad because they were essentially having to tell the employees how to do their job and check a certain memo. This is no different if I were to say "Excuse me, but are you going to ask for my RZ card?" That's part of their job responsibility as a cashier. I shouldn't have to remind them. Is it being "incompetent" for them to not know how to do the basic functions that their job requires? That's a definite YES!

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#583 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

It makes no sense to waste gas driving there and back for $10. It's like 60 miles round trip.

Sorry, didn't know. :lol:

#584 pjgamer007

pjgamer007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

In case anyone else is still wondering where their Oct @gamer mag is, like I was, this might be relevant. I called @gamer and found out that they didn't get my subscription order from Best Buy until Oct 11th, and I signed up for the unlocked club on Sept 12th in store.

She said they would send out the october mag and I would get it in a couple of weeks. I told her it wouldn't do me much good by then and all I could hear is crickets chirping, LOL. Hope I don't have to call them again, they don't really seem to care.

Anyway, I'm not going to make a fuss. I already got my GoW and ICO collections for $15, so I'm happy.

#585 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

In case anyone else is still wondering where their Oct @gamer mag is, like I was, this might be relevant. I called @gamer and found out that they didn't get my subscription order from Best Buy until Oct 11th, and I signed up for the unlocked club on Sept 12th in store.

She said they would send out the october mag and I would get it in a couple of weeks. I told her it wouldn't do me much good by then and all I could hear is crickets chirping, LOL. Hope I don't have to call them again, they don't really seem to care.

Anyway, I'm not going to make a fuss. I already got my GoW and ICO collections for $15, so I'm happy.

Thanks, this is probably what happened to mine.
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#586 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

that's what happened to alot of people who signed up during late summer

#587 bnizzle

bnizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

Tried 2 BBs and neither would give me this month's issue despite showing them my receipt from end of September. Sucky.

#588 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

Picked up both ICO and GOW collections for $15 each using my coupon on the last day of the sale. Thanks for reminding me. Glad these coupons stack on the sale prices.

#589 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

Tried 2 BBs and neither would give me this month's issue despite showing them my receipt from end of September. Sucky.

I got accused of "stealing" when I tried. Good game, best buy.

#590 NintendoCleveland

NintendoCleveland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

0-for-2 today trying to use the coupons. Tropico 4 wasn't in stock, and Deus Ex was ringing up at $59.99 in store, so using the coupon on the "online" price would require a manager double override, which the manager wouldn't do.

No Saboteur in stock (even though checking online before I left said it and Tropico 4 were in stock) made for an 0-for-3 trip.

#591 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:28 AM

Im lost, Turtle Beach headset? I saw the other brand.... someone elaborate

#592 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:41 AM

Cancel my last comment, I was looking at the wrong magazine

#593 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

Let's hope there's a sale on DE:HR before my coupon expires...

#594 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

Anyone think Dead Rising 2 is worth the $30 without an extra sale? I feel like $20 is my sweet spot for it but I wouldn't mind playing it before Halloween either. Wish BB would throw it on sale, since it's not the type of game that will sell more as we enter into the holiday season.

#595 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

Anyone think Dead Rising 2 is worth the $30 without an extra sale? I feel like $20 is my sweet spot for it but I wouldn't mind playing it before Halloween either. Wish BB would throw it on sale, since it's not the type of game that will sell more as we enter into the holiday season.

I think we have one more shot before the coupon expires--the non-ad deals starting 10/27; hopefully Off the Record will be among them ($20 is my sweet spot as well). :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#596 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

I love playing Dead Rising around Halloween, so Off the Record was a given at the $30 price point. You'll enjoy it more than Dead Rising 2, cause bringing the camera back was a very good idea. Plus, I think Frank is simply a funnier character than Chuck.

I think Off the Record also has a lot of polish and refinements over DR2; gameplay wise.

Here's for the fans!

Dead Rising 1 had Mega Man.
Dead Rising 2 had Arthur.
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record has
Spoiler

My reaction was, 'Wow!!' I hope this franchise keeps going like this!
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#597 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

Any words on November issue?

#598 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

I really hope we see a dark souls or dead island coupon next month, I might finally sign up for the mag.

#599 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

Any words on November issue?

same

#600 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

I think some of these will happen in next months mag:

.10-15 off either resistance 3 or uncharted 3
.15-20 off ass creed revelations
.10$ off either that sesame street kinect game or that hulk hogan one
.10-15 off gears 3
.10 off halo hd
.50% off used game
.20 off that mw3 headset

Having some of these would be great don't you think
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png