CAGcast #257: Good

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#61 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

I really need X-Men Destiny. I was able to enjoy it for only a night from Redbox, and ever since I've been dreaming about it. I have never experienced such an interesting game in my life, and not being able to see the end of the game crushes my very soul, to the point I have to pull up the page on Amazon in the early hours of the morning and just stare at it until I feel content enough to fall asleep.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#62 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

You know the best kind of super hero? The generic kind! And that's why I deserve to play X-Men Destiny! No whammy no whammy no whammy STOP!
Posted Image

#63 ramatut4001

ramatut4001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Great show as usual. Ship - I would certainly play that copy of X-Men Destiny.

#64 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

Professor X was once a man who could walk and comb his hair.

btw I agree with Mass Effect 3 discussion if only because I would like to get every ME xbox achievement (Which I did for Me 1 & 2) and now you just know there's going to be some bullshit achievement that's really tough that hardly anyone has because it's tough to get X amount of people to actually help you get it. Not only that but EA will shut down the server in 3-4 years anyways.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#65 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Must.Have.That DA II code so I can continue whoring out my Hawke :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Regarding the ME 3 MP discussion, does it matter Wombat that the MP is being done by a completely seperate studio (Bioware Montreal) and the full resources of Bioware Edmonton are going to the single player? Just curious. I'm more in Shipwreck's side of the argument as I'll enjoy playing co-op with the CAG's in the Bioware threads of the 360 side of the forum that don't normally play the traditional MP games (CoD/BF/Gears/Halo.)

Wombat, (and panel) what are the chances of maybe seeing an X-Men Legends 3 hopefully by Raven Software? Especially since Destiny was likely as you thought only put out to keep the license active as Activision only has the Spiderman and XMen licenses and lost the overall Marvel Universe license (hence why the DLC for MUA 1/2 are gone.)

Cyclops and Emma Frost are my favorite Marvel characters and the Legends games are the only time they're playable since Capcom is more interested in putting in squirrels and lawyers with no powers in Marvel vs. Capcom and Destiny, well ...

Oh and Wombat you should totally give the DA 2 DLC to Cheska (@thecheska), she can easily get you more Twitter followers.

Edited by MSUHitman, 16 October 2011 - 06:15 PM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#67 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

Shipwreck, I am easily entertained by crappy games, so please send X-men Legends to me.
Posted Image Posted Image

#68 Fearbeard

Fearbeard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Wombat: Can we please get through an episode without you proclaiming how little you care or are paying attention to Shipwreck's segment!

Everyone else: Anyways, long time listener, first time commenter. I always enjoy the show, even when I want to reach through the internet and strangle Wombat. I don't know if that's a compliment though since I enjoy a lot of awful things and am still eager to play both X-men Destiny, and Spider-Man: Edge of Time when I can get them for cheap enough.

Games Completed -  2014 - 2013 - 2012 
Game Spending List -  2014 - 2013 - 2012

#69 Chadfx

Chadfx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

Wombat I would eternally love you if i got that code. P.S you are my favorite podcast host. P.P.S no lie.
------------------------------------------------
Almost no one uses their real age on the Internet.

The Internet: Where men are boys, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents

Watch me broadcast at justin.tv/oxd9

#70 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

Hook me up with a copy of X-Men Destiny so it give me something to help me pass the time till I can put some money aside to buy a real superhero game ::cough::Batman::cough::
Posted Image

Posted Image

#71 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Wombat, I actually did want the Zurr-En-Arrh Batman! It would've been ridiculously badass to be able to swoop down and snap some necks in the crazy colored batsuit.

#72 Decepticreep

Decepticreep

Rule of Acquis. 16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

Wombat, have you seen the new "Days of Future Past" stage in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3? It's pretty cool. Although, it pisses me off though that Capcom even mentions Megaman... Just in case you moved on from the news of Megaman Legends 3, they pull this shit.

Also, in the Batman: Brave and the Bold Cartoon, Zurr-en-ah Batman was voiced by Kevin Conroy and the "Lex" character was Clancey Brown. Sweet homage to Bruce Timm's universe.

Posted Image

#73 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

Dragon Age 2 code please!

The show was pretty good by the way.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#74 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

Good show. Very entertaining.

#75 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

Dragon age code and chance for win xmen. Ok

#76 NoMaadic

NoMaadic

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

Wombat - Have you read the Batman Arkham City prequel comics? If so, are they worth getting?

#77 qbkorso

qbkorso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Shipwreck. Marvel!

#78 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

The first 10 minutes had me spitting Gatorade out my nose laughing, good show guys That cracked me up so much!

While I hate Kinect I really could see a young child having a lot fun with auto vista mode in Forza 4. Not saying it's worth dusting off from the closet but maybe just try it one day since you already have it and see if he likes it
122445.png

#79 arinaldi

arinaldi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Wombat needs to get Colossus powers if he is going to be trusted with cutting anything again. :) I would like togrind outX-Men if I could snag the copy from Shipwreck .

#80 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

Give out a free code and a free game, and there be comments aplenty! Just keep giving free stuff away, guys! =)

That said, I love how Cheapy considers "Getting kicked in the nuts" a sport. (For who, exactly?)

#81 chrisswiss83

chrisswiss83

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

I'm glad to hear Cheapy is enjoying The Hunger Games. I just finished these about a month ago and loved them. I suggested on Twitter, and am going to suggest here that Cheapy should check out Infected by Scott Sigler, which is a part of a trilogy with Contagious and Pandemic (which comes out pretty soon).

#82 Zacmanman

Zacmanman

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

I think OnLive is misrepresented in this episode. The service isn't everything it said it would be, but it's impressive still. The microconsole costs much less than an Xbox 360 or PS3 and there are amazing deals each week. Even if the microconsole cannot play every game, the service's flexibility is still a strong point. Also, I know when the microconsole was first announced it came with two free games and somewhat nullifying the cost, but I doubt that is offered any longer.
Posted Image

#83 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Do you know what happens when X-Men Destiny gets struck by lightning?

The same thing that happens to everything else.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#84 HomieGG

HomieGG

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

Wombat, I'd love that Dragon Age 2 code for the PS3

#85 able_to_think

able_to_think

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

I'd love that Dragon Age 2 code!

#86 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

In regards to the speculation on Vita software downloads having different prices than physical games and how US retailers might deal with that....They might be willing to deal with it, esp given, as both cheapy and shipwreck have pointed out, it is far from clear who is going to buy it and in what numbers. If different pricing does occur, retailers may respond by stocking few physical titles and ordering fewer copies but retailers were willing to to stock the PSPgo and that was download only. Sony might have to sweeten the margins on the Vita for retailers to keep them in line, but it is quite possible that hardware and accessory sales might be enough for retailers, esp when one considers how anemic PSP software sales have been or the last year or two.....In that light, the prospect of having the option of stocking zero inventory cost/zero inventory risk items like PSN cards might seem like a godsend

#87 ILikePopCans

ILikePopCans

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

How do you guys feel about not being in meta critic, even though you receive games by publishers?
Also, superheros

#88 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

Since I think I can easily call myself the biggest X-Men fan here I think I should receive that copy of X-Men Destiny.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#89 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

They call me Super Masochist Man, my powers include playing bad video games, and then playing them some more. Gimmie that X-men game Shipwreck.
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#90 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

Cheapy, as someone who has seen Siri in action (a friend bought the new iphone), don't get your hopes up too much. While it can be fun at times, when you actually need it to type a text for you...completely unreliable. But to bring up sites or whatever, it seems to work from what I was shown.