Resident Evil 6 - Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#61 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Alright I finished up Jake and Leon's sections.

Jake:
Spoiler

Leon:
Spoiler

All and all it's still a day one purchase for me. I'm pretty content with what I've seen thus far.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#62 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

If you haven't played RE4, I couldn't recommend it enough. Played it on GC, PS2, Wii and bought it on 360 (haven't had the time for an older game lately) and loved every playthrough. Its a great game in every sense of the word. The 360 version looks a little harsh due to the upscaling but its still tolerable.

#63 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

If you haven't played RE4, I couldn't recommend it enough. Played it on GC, PS2, Wii and bought it on 360 (haven't had the time for an older game lately) and loved every playthrough. Its a great game in every sense of the word. The 360 version looks a little harsh due to the upscaling but its still tolerable.

I second this by a huge margin.

Now that we're several years removed from the previous generation, I think I can say that RE4 was my favorite game of ~2001-2006. It blew me away from beginning to end and it's one of the few lengthy (over 10 hours) games that I've played through multiple times.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#64 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

For those of you who bought Dragon's Dogma early access to the demo is now live. I'm downloading mine right now. The code for the token is on the back of the DD manual and you need the game in order to download the demo. Hyyyyyyyyppppeeee!

After u download the demo, do you still need the DD disc?

#65 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

After u download the demo, do you still need the DD disc?

No my friend, you can find RE6 in recent game section of the dashboard, take that bitch to Bestbuy for $30 credit after Unlocked/100% trade promotion.
Posted Image

#66 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

No my friend, you can find RE6 in recent game section of the dashboard, take that bitch to Bestbuy for $30 credit after Unlocked/100% trade promotion.

^What he said. DD is only required to download it. After that you can launch it from the dashboard like any other game. NeoGAF users also ripped and uploaded the demo files amongst themselves. Apparently the mods have no problem with it so people have been transferring them to USB sticks to play that way.

I have no clue if that method will get you banned however so research at your own risk.

Edited by Ink.So.Well., 03 July 2012 - 11:48 PM.
Correction: NeoGAF users ripped it NOT Capcom. RESEARCH AT YOUR OWN RISK FOR REAL.

#67 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

I just started the Demo (Leon) and noticed right off the bat that the game sceneray is much more grim and scary, is their intention to go back to their survival Horror roots? If so fucken awesome
Posted Image

#68 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

OMG teh screen tearing makes me want to rip my eyes out!! I tried the 720p trick, did not work like it does with Dragon Dogma. Hopefully this is same case like RE5 where demo had screen tearing but retail release did not. Btw is Leon K. wearing chapstick? cause his lips are very shiny. This game just jumped to my #1 most wanted game this year.
Posted Image

#69 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

I just started the Demo (Leon) and noticed right off the bat that the game sceneray is much more grim and scary, is their intention to go back to their survival Horror roots? If so fucken awesome

Well the game is supposed to be split into three different campaigns offering a little bit of variety for everyone.

Leon and Helena = Classic RE
Chris and Matt Damon's Cousin = RE5 On Steroids a.k.a. RE5: Boulder Punch Edition
Jake and Sherry = Classic RE5/RE4 & 5 Hybrid

#70 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Well the game is supposed to be split into three different campaigns offering a little bit of variety for everyone.

Leon and Helena = Classic RE
Chris and Matt Damon's Cousin = RE5 On Steroids a.k.a. RE5: Boulder Punch Edition
Jake and Sherry = Classic RE5/RE4 & 5 Hybrid

Interesting, sounds fair enough. I enjoyed all of those formulas. Can Capcom actually be listening to their fans? or is this a trick to bend us over no lube with DLC?

Any word on approximtly length of each campaigns?
Posted Image

#71 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

so re6= re for dummies basically. so re is pretty much laughable now. im sellin my re6 demo code. i got rid of dd, couldnt stand that crap
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

Interesting, sounds fair enough. I enjoyed all of those formulas. Can Capcom actually be listening to their fans? or is this a trick to bend us over no lube with DLC?

Any word on approximtly length of each campaigns?

It's probably both knowing Capcom's affinity for nickle and dime campaigns.

As for length I haven't heard anything concrete yet. I'm guessing the entire game is probably a little longer than RE5, but not by much. I think there's footage of a boss fight with Chris or Leon pairing up with a member of one of the other two groups so the hours of gameplay each campaign offers can't be that long.

#73 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

Any Mercs multiplayer? or competive?
Posted Image

#74 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Any Mercs multiplayer? or competive?

I would imagine both. Mercenaries is the only confirmed mode returning from RE5 for now. I think it's safe to say some variant of Slayers and Survivors will return as well given their competitive nature and Capcom's claims of 2 - 8 player multi. Either way I hope I can full achievement score this when it comes out. I gave up on RE5 since the Slayer and Survivor achievements would have taken forever. I was so damn close too. ;\

#75 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

I would imagine both. Mercenaries is the only confirmed mode returning from RE5 for now. I think it's safe to say some variant of Slayers and Survivors will return as well given their competitive nature and Capcom's claims of 2 - 8 player multi. Either way I hope I can full achievement score this when it comes out. I gave up on RE5 since the Slayer and Survivor achievements would have taken forever. I was so damn close too. ;\

I got RE5 Gold on PS3, thinking about lighting up the multiplatyer for Trophies, since I never tried any of the multi before.
Posted Image

#76 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

MP is pretty fun dunno how the online is for PS3 but xbox still had a good community some months ago

#77 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

It's probably both knowing Capcom's affinity for nickle and dime campaigns.

As for length I haven't heard anything concrete yet. I'm guessing the entire game is probably a little longer than RE5, but not by much. I think there's footage of a boss fight with Chris or Leon pairing up with a member of one of the other two groups so the hours of gameplay each campaign offers can't be that long.

I don't remember where I read this, and keep it mind it was probably coming from Capcom so it may be bullshit, but I heard each of the three campaigns is roughly 80% as long as RE5 was.

#78 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed in a demo. I played through the Leon/Chris campaigns and it was fucking painful. The fact that they thought this demo was worth sharing with the public scares the crap out of me. Fucking garbage through and through. Literally could not be more disappointed. The person I was playing with wanted to quit halfway through the Chris campaign because it was so fucking terrible.

Posted Image

#79 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

I don't remember where I read this, and keep it mind it was probably coming from Capcom so it may be bullshit, but I heard each of the three campaigns is roughly 80% as long as RE5 was.

Oh how I would LOVE for this to be true. Thanks for the heads up. There's a rumor floating around from some demo hackers
Spoiler
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that as well.

#80 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

For the amount of people shitting on this game, I was expecting much worse. It's definitely not one of the worst games I've ever played, but it needs some work. The camera and general movement is pretty wonky. I actually prefer the old tank controls. The recoil in this game is very odd also. Like the gun stays completely still but your reticule bounces up. The segments they chose for the demo were pretty poor in my opinion. Leon walking down hallways is not going to sell this game. It seems like they changed a lot of stuff that didn't necessarily need it. I find the menus much more clunky this time around than in RE4 or RE5. Also, why is everyone's HUD different? Bizarre design decisions. I guess I hate Leon's HUD the least, but it still looks bad in comparison to previous RE games.

That being said I still think the game will be fun to play through with a friend, but some stuff definitely needs tweaking and I doubt I'll pay $60 for it. I feel bad for the people who bought Dragon's Dogma for this.

- Since I never got a chance to play RE4 I'm nowhere near as attached to Leon like the rest of you.

Uh, what? I just happened to beat RE4 for 360 the other day and it is still one of the best games I've ever played. Forget about RE6, and go buy 4.

#81 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

For the amount of people shitting on this game, I was expecting much worse. It's definitely not one of the worst games I've ever played, but it needs some work. The camera and general movement is pretty wonky. I actually prefer the old tank controls. The recoil in this game is very odd also. Like the gun stays completely still but your reticule bounces up. The segments they chose for the demo were pretty poor in my opinion. Leon walking down hallways is not going to sell this game. It seems like they changed a lot of stuff that didn't necessarily need it. I find the menus much more clunky this time around than in RE4 or RE5. Also, why is everyone's HUD different? Bizarre design decisions. I guess I hate Leon's HUD the least, but it still looks bad in comparison to previous RE games.

That being said I still think the game will be fun to play through with a friend, but some stuff definitely needs tweaking and I doubt I'll pay $60 for it. I feel bad for the people who bought Dragon's Dogma for this.

Uh, what? I just happened to beat RE4 for 360 the other day and it is still one of the best games I've ever played. Forget about RE6, and go buy 4.

i bought DD for the demo lol and i cant even sell it now :( do u need to have Dragons Dogma in the disc tray to dl the demo? cause i dont have it anymore, i just have the re6 code
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

i bought DD for the demo lol and i cant even sell it now :( do u need to have Dragons Dogma in the disc tray to dl the demo? cause i dont have it anymore, i just have the re6 code

Yes u need DD After you redeemed download token, because you have to install RE6 demo from dragon Dogma main menu, but after that you will no longer need DD.
Posted Image

#83 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

So I downloaded this demo and expected to cum buckets, but I was somewhat disappointed. I played through part of Leon's campaign and while I liked the mood it was setting, I didn't really get to enjoy it as I
Spoiler
and it kicked me all the way out to the menu. Kind of dumb, but I'll play through it again at some point.

Chris on the other hand, seemed really bad. Granted I had no idea what was going on in the story, but the combat seemed unfinished and frankly, was painful. Also didn't understand why after I switched the aiming speed to about 5, it was fine for Leon, but for Chris it seemed like it did nothing at all, and I had to bump it up to 8, as well as increase the camera speed.

Didn't try the third guy's campaign yet. I'm sure I'll have fun with a friend, but this is almost as bad as the first time I played Operation Racoon City, at least for Chris' part. FYI I loved 5, so I'd have no problems if it played just like that

Since I never got a chance to play RE4...

lol.

#84 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

This is the single worst demo I have ever played.

I'm assuming most people will start with Leon's, since he is the most popular and the first option. They couldn't have picked a more boring section of the game to highlight. I was bored to tears before I even got to my first zombie. And I guess the game is locked on "baby" mode. Zombies were a joke/push over. And oh my God! The SCREEN TEARING! THE SCREEN TEARING! This it the worst example I have ever seen of a AAA game with such a huge technical issue. The game itself is gorgeous, when you aren't touching the controller. The second you move, the game turns into an un-vertically synced mess of trash.

Then there's Chris's campaign...talk about sporadic and retarded. This section really highlight how bad the FOV is. The camera is way too zoomed in. Also, the aiming reticle moves way too quick. All of the characters and weapons lack any "weight". Everything feels floaty. The enemies were lame, and made me miss the Africans.

The one highlight of the demo I thought was Jake's boss fight. That was at least somewhat interesting. I do hate the way all the characters run with their arms at their sides. It's super Japanese.

This game went from one of my highest anticipated games of the year, to making me think we have a new Lost Planet 2 on our hands (y'know? Where Capcom goes and shits on a great franchise with a fucking super Japanese, shitastic sequel.

This went from a "must play" to a "I'll probably Gamefly." So disappointed.

#85 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll get to it when I'm good and ready. The obnoxious amount of overhype surrounding it is starting to turn me off on the idea in general. People felt the same way about ME2 and I personally still hate the game to this day. I'm not exactly in a rush for a repeat performance with RE4.

#86 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

You should probably just give up on gaming then.

#87 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

I need to repurchase RE4 again. I sold my digital copy and only have my ps2 disc copy left but unfortunately my ps3 is not backwards compatible. Just want to do Ada's part.

image016.jpg

#88 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

You should probably just give up on gaming then.

#89 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Microsoft Store is offering the best pre-order on the game thus far: $10 GC + 1600 MS PTS. I'm tempted but unless the game was pushed back to its original release date no deal is worth that long of a wait for a title I've anticipated all year. Hopefully they fix this screw up soon because I could use that 1600 for Capcom's year long nickle and diming DLC.

#90 atomicsmurf

atomicsmurf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Alright I finished up Jake and Leon's sections.

Jake:

Spoiler

Leon:
Spoiler

All and all it's still a day one purchase for me. I'm pretty content with what I've seen thus far.

Thanks for that. I was really looking forward to RE6. I loved RE5, but after seeing some bad opinions of the demo, I may just wait for the reviews to come in on the full game before I run out and buy it. :(