Resident Evil 6 - Out Now!

[quote name='Ma12kez']
Yeah, there is no option to search for games without infinite ammo switched on. It was more fun in the first 2 weeks since the majority of people didn't have it unlocked yet, but now you're in a total disadvantage when playing as the Zombies/J'avo.

On a side note, according to the manual, it is possible to share/trade items with your partner...in split-screen co-op.:wall:[/QUOTE]
I have read a few people suggest that it'd be much better if you could have Agent Hunt in Mercenaries mode. That might make more sense there as the intense nature and respawning enemies would make for more frantic situations. I guess it could be abused by people to get higher scores off their friends with them intentionally playing poorly as creatures, but the leaderboards are modded anyway so that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

And I guess the split screen sharing is done more for the Playstation 3's benefit? You can't have more than one profile active on that system for most games, so player two might not have access to the skills player 1 could have. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. At least player 1 could share extra ammo or supplies to their split-screen partner to help them along.

It's probably done more because of how people exploited sharing (like the infinite golden eggs and rotten eggs in Resident Evil 5), and this probably prevents that sort of exploit, while also hindering mutual sharing when played online.

If the items only show up once while playing split screen then that makes sense that you can share. You'd always be out of ammo otherwise and it would always be a race to see who would get to the ammo first.

[quote name='Ma12kez']On a side note, according to the manual, it is possible to share/trade items with your partner...in split-screen co-op.:wall:[/QUOTE]

What is this... I don't even.

[quote name='bs00'] Boob physics. Because yes.[/QUOTE]

You ain't never lie too.

Needs more Helena though since she's the only one with a fantastic ass.

Sherry's is pretty damn good in that scene after the hospital when the camera zooms right up to it while she's crawling.

On another note, Leon's romantic interests now could be written as Claire, Ada, President's daughter from RE 4, the sherriff lady from Degeneration, and Helena, right?

Considering
Ada permanently clitblocked any sort of possibility during the 3,392,190 Monster Simmons fight
does Helena even still count? She kind of pulled his card after the second Wong sighting anyway and friend zoned herself midway through the campaign.

Soooo... is there a lot of
J'avo spider chasing (not really a spoiler at all I reckon)
in Chris's campaign or just this little bit in the beginning? It's a bitch to catch the second one playing solo since you can't effectively surround it (the AI partner just follows you everywhere). Open to suggestions.

Capcom seems to be pushing more for ada/leon. Even in that new resident evil CGI movie they mention a time they almost fucked but got interrupted.

Yeah. They were definitely shoving an Adamance down our throats in Leon's campaign. Same with the Partnermance of Chris & Jill in RE5.

Pete: Grenade spam, Shotgun spam, camp it out in one of the main hallways and set the AI to aggressively target it by hard aiming + 'B' I believe. Just don't quote me on the exact command as I haven't played this in a while so experimentation may be necessary if no one corrects me. You can rest easy though knowing that part is contained in that chapter.

I don't remember it being that bad with jill and chris. Sure chris spent 2 games searching for her but they didn't swap make up mirrors or anything.

[quote name='handsomepete']Soooo... is there a lot of
J'avo spider chasing (not really a spoiler at all I reckon)
in Chris's campaign or just this little bit in the beginning? It's a bitch to catch the second one playing solo since you can't effectively surround it (the AI partner just follows you everywhere). Open to suggestions.[/QUOTE]
Which character are you? When I was playing professional I had a slightly easier time with Chris here. I just ran after the spider and when he would come past me I would repeatedly quick shot it.

The difficulty I had with Piers is that his sniper rifle would somehow miss, even though it should be a one shot quick shot. His assault rifle was always on single shot for me, so you could try switching it to automatic for that section.

And if you know the spider-man is around a corner, waiting for you to chase, you can try to throw a frag grenade off the wall to see if it can hit them, they way they don't flee from you getting too close.

[quote name='krashhole']I was going to trade this in, but I am still enjoying it. Especially playing Mercenaries.[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way. I can get $40 for it from Amazon with the locked in trade-in value, but I'm actually enjoying this game, and questing for titles. I'm almost debating canceling my order for Halo 4, as I really don't need a new game to play.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I feel the same way. I can get $40 for it from Amazon with the locked in trade-in value, but I'm actually enjoying this game, and questing for titles. I'm almost debating canceling my order for Halo 4, as I really don't need a new game to play.[/QUOTE]
I like the game too but if I could get $40 I would have. When was the TIV $40 BTW? I check at least every other day and have not seen it higher than $20

[quote name='whoknows']They're still working on it?

Were people complaining about having to unlock Ada's campaign? Seems like an odd thing to change.[/QUOTE]

theres a camera fix coming in the update also, so u can adjust the camera so its not so zoomed on your character

Im waiting for Ada campaign to go co-op. I could care less about a camera fix since i haven't had any problems. I DO want new mercenaries maps though.

[quote name='GUNNM']I like the game too but if I could get $40 I would have. When was the TIV $40 BTW? I check at least every other day and have not seen it higher than $20[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I should have specified that I have the Archives edition. Though I think GameStop is/was giving $40 for any edition if you traded it in towards the purchase of a new game (or maybe it was a pre-order?).

You're probably right that it's worth it for me to get rid of it now, then hold out for a cheaper Gold/Ultra/Awesome Edition with the DLC and updates released. Especially since I didn't think it would take until December for that update. I was hoping it'd be closer to Halloween.

Are they not planning DLC for this game? If its gonna take until december to release on disc dlc how long will other DLC take?

I was surprised this game didn't have a season pass now I see why I guess. Then again if capcom releases dlc for this game bitchfests occur OMG DLC THIS EARLY.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Sorry, I should have specified that I have the Archives edition. Though I think GameStop is/was giving $40 for any edition if you traded it in towards the purchase of a new game (or maybe it was a pre-order?).
[/QUOTE]

Nah I'll just hold onto it. I don't hate the game but I played RE5 more than 6 and had more fun with 5 though. :/

[quote name='whoknows']Were people complaining about having to unlock Ada's campaign? Seems like an odd thing to change.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I honestly don't understand why anyone would complain about it. It's on par with paying for a movie ticket then demanding the theater skip straight to the ending scenes of the film ten minutes into it. There's good reason it was the last campaign.

[quote name='mrcheeses']Im waiting for Ada campaign to go co-op.[/QUOTE]

There's more than enough intersecting co-op segments in it for Capcom to comfortably write off those requests. A full time partner also wouldn't make much sense considering the campaign's focus and direction.
I can't imagine there's anyone Ada would trust enough to divulge the fact she has a psycho doppelganger hell bent on destroying the world due to a shitty marriage. Hell... she didn't even tell Leon the truth. It's got to be pretty damn embarrassing for any spy to have their DNA successfully stolen AND experimented on.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']

There's more than enough intersecting co-op segments in it for Capcom to comfortably write off those requests. A full time partner also wouldn't make much sense considering the campaign's focus and direction.
I can't imagine there's anyone Ada would trust enough to divulge the fact she has a psycho doppelganger hell bent on destroying the world due to a shitty marriage. Hell... she didn't even tell Leon the truth. It's got to be pretty damn embarrassing for any spy to have their DNA successfully stolen AND experimented on.
[/QUOTE]
I must have missed this but what happened to his wife and how did she turn into ada wong's clone?

[quote name='GUNNM']
I must have missed this but what happened to his wife and how did she turn into ada wong's clone?
[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised since Capcom made the horrible mistake of tying codex entries into the Serpent Emblems. Unless you collect a decent chunk of them or wiki spoil yourself you aren't going to get the full story.

Anyway... Simmons realized Carla was the ideal candidate for Operation: Clone Ada so he ordered his lab techs to experiment on her. Problem was she had already suspected what was going on and decided to go through with it having realized and resented his obsession with Wong. The "Happy Birthday" video of Ada's clone being born was actually Carla successfully mutating into said clone. In other words... just an overly complicated case of plastic surgery.

My guess is Carla dicked around with a few things in order to maintain herself during the transformation since she appeared to be head of the team responsible for virus experimentation anyway. So while Simmons initially thought he received an obedient clone Carla played the fool long enough to set her revenge plan in motion wrestling true control of Neo-Umbrella behind the scenes.

Unfortunately she got cocky when she decided to involve the real Ada Wong instead of leaving her out of it. Had she kept quiet I doubt Ada would have been in any real position to stop her. What's worse is Ada herself said she would have helped her bring down Simmons had she not been attached to the plot in the first place.

So uh... yeah. The storyline kind of sucks. A lot.

I figured a good chunk was in the serpent emblems.

Thank you I don't mind reading for story line its just gonna be a pain in the ass to find all the emblems now. The way RE 6 ended on Ada's story it seemed like Jake was channeling a little dante. He pulls his gun out and says some shitty one liner before going into battle with monsters. Imagine RE7 DMC style. ^_^

Ditto. I live off subtitles and codex entries so naturally the way Capcom handled the latter royally pissed me off. I loathe collectables in video games especially those tied to achievements. Same with clicking on articles only to find a thousand videos plastered when text is so much faster to absorb. I think I have like maybe a little over 35 of the 80 emblems found and probably won't go for the rest until worthwhile DLC campaigns show up. It's such an unnecessary time sink IMO.

I thought the serpent storyline was

Carla's original self worked for Simmons. She was young and intelligent. She had been working on using the C-Virus to make a copy of Ada Wong, which Simmons demanded due to his obsession over her. After several failed experiments, which resulted in things like the Lepotitsa, researchers realized that a missing body trait to the success of the Ada duplication was what Carla had within her. Against her will, she was tested. This is told at the end of Ada's campaign, where a test subject begs her not to do this, and she responds with something like, "Funny. I told them the same thing."

When injected with the Virus, Carla did in-fact transform almost perfectly. She entered a Chrysalid state, where the virus was written to breakdown her body and remake it into Ada's. It worked physically, with her even inheriting Ada's physical abilities. But part of Carla's mind remained.

Carla came to aid Simmons' initially, satisfying his desires for Ada Wong so much so that he gave her access to forces that The Family had around the world, including the submarine seen in Ada's campaign. But overtime, Carla's conscience began to grow in this Ada facade. She began to remember how Simmons' had betrayed her. Made her into another. This is why she betrays Simmons in Edonia. She received the mission to secure Jake, but instead took him for herself.

Using Jake, she was able to study his antibodies to make a much more powerful version of the virus, which was then 'delivered' to Simmons during the confrontation with Leon and Helena. That's why she taunts him with how this new virus will make him into the monster he always truly was.

Carla, disguised as Simmons, informs the real Ada of her plans to tease Ada about what had really been going on; that she had been cloned. It was also to reveal that the world would be ruined, much like Carla's life had, and that the world would blame Ada Wong for it's destruction. And, in doing so, Carla would become the true, recognized Ada Wong.

The serpent emblems end with it being noted that it's not clear if Carla warns Ada of this plan to mock her, or to try and force her to stop it. It's lame that the writers couldn't even decide what her motivations were.

[quote name='GUNNM']I like the game too but if I could get $40 I would have. When was the TIV $40 BTW? I check at least every other day and have not seen it higher than $20[/QUOTE]You can get $40 for it at Bestbuy as well.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Which character are you? When I was playing professional I had a slightly easier time with Chris here. I just ran after the spider and when he would come past me I would repeatedly quick shot it.

The difficulty I had with Piers is that his sniper rifle would somehow miss, even though it should be a one shot quick shot. His assault rifle was always on single shot for me, so you could try switching it to automatic for that section.

And if you know the spider-man is around a corner, waiting for you to chase, you can try to throw a frag grenade off the wall to see if it can hit them, they way they don't flee from you getting too close.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info - I foolishly thought you could actually hurt the hostage and so I was busy trying to aim and avoiding grenades, I clearly forgot I was playing a video game. Piers's non-sniper quick shot and a little luck got me through it quickly this morning and on to chapter 2.

I miss the zombies, they felt like more fun than the j'avo.

Damn unlimited ammo takes up a skill space? The faq.

Gonna go serpent emblem hunting tomorrow with helena and her trusty side kick.

Sad fact of the matter is Helena is the only reason I miss playing Leon's campaign.

...The only one.

Although Infinite Wing Shooters might be fun. Still doesn't quite compare to DAT THICKNESS though. Oh, and on a totally unrelated note I'd like to punch in the junk whomever is responsible for making cutscenes a requirement for chapter completion. Especially when the chapter I'm missing is one of the longest ever because of it (Chris - 3).

So. fucking. Stupid.

I think someone asked earlier, but just wanted to confirm - the stun rod can destroy cocoons. Takes a bunch of hits, but it is possible to go fast enough to break them before they hatch.

That is all.

Word. Where the hell is that damn patch they promised us anyway? Some alternate campaign costumes would be welcome as well. Something Safari Chris epic is a good start.

Is there a better solo way than running through Chris ch 2 to build up skill points? I'd like to get the mad skillz trophy (last one I need for plat) but I'm still short 500k.

[quote name='handsomepete']Is there a better solo way than running through Chris ch 2 to build up skill points? I'd like to get the mad skillz trophy (last one I need for plat) but I'm still short 500k.[/QUOTE]You can try getting S Ranks in Mercanaries, though it would be much easier with a partner unless he/she is incompetent at building combos or dies easily. Not sure if it'd be faster/consistent than Chris Chapter 2 (never thought about farming that part), but I assume it'd be a lot less tedious and fun instead of a chore.

[quote name='Ma12kez']You can try getting S Ranks in Mercanaries, though it would be much easier with a partner unless he/she is incompetent at building combos or dies easily. Not sure if it'd be faster/consistent than Chris Chapter 2 (never thought about farming that part), but I assume it'd be a lot less tedious and fun instead of a chore.[/QUOTE]

Decided to take your advice and after a frustrating slew of bad partners and learning curve issues of my own, I've actually taken a bit of a shine to this rendition of Mercenaries. The improved mobility makes it a lot more fun than previous iterations. It's hard to keep things going solo sometimes and if you have a bad duo partner it can be super frustrating, but when it works it works.

Did manage to get a 150 combo on Steel Beast this morning with a random partner and was infinitely pleased with myself (I had been wondering why there was a 'millions' column in the score number). Somehow only walked away with like 3000 skill points, but whatever.

[quote name='handsomepete']Decided to take your advice and after a frustrating slew of bad partners and learning curve issues of my own, I've actually taken a bit of a shine to this rendition of Mercenaries. The improved mobility makes it a lot more fun than previous iterations. It's hard to keep things going solo sometimes and if you have a bad duo partner it can be super frustrating, but when it works it works.

Did manage to get a 150 combo on Steel Beast this morning with a random partner and was infinitely pleased with myself (I had been wondering why there was a 'millions' column in the score number). Somehow only walked away with like 3000 skill points, but whatever.[/QUOTE]Good to hear that you're having fun with the Mercenaries suggestion. I don't think I could replay Chris Chapter 2 repeatedly and admit that I was having any type of fun. If you still need help, I'm always down for a couple rounds or so of Mercenaries every now and then. I'm probably a bit rusty though since I haven't played much recently.

Also, not sure if anyone cares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2ad0JPHeI&feature=g-all

I wonder how they'll handle balancing issues with each character.

[quote name='GUNNM']In RE5 it was all wesker's online so I doubt they'll handle balancing issues at all[/QUOTE]I remember that.

Apparently there are 3 new modes altogether. My friend just linked me to this: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/04/resident-evil-6-multiplayer-dlc-drops-dec-18-xbox-gets-first/

Three new multiplayer modes are headed to the Xbox 360 of Resident Evil 6 on Tuesday, December 18: "Predator," "Survivors" and "Onslaught."

Predator casts one player as the bioweapon Ustanak, while all other players attempt to bring the great beast down.

Survivor mode augments regular solo/team vs. mode by making felled humans rise as zombies, who must chomp on some noggins before being able to respawn as a person.

Lastly, Onslaught sounds like a weird combination of Gear of War's Horde mode and Dr. Mario's multiplayer, where two players attempt to survive separate waves of enemies, with kill combos sending more zombies to the opponent's side.

Each mode will set you back 320 MS Points ($4) if purchased individually, or 720 MS Points ($9) if purchased as a bundle. No word on when this content will become available on other platforms.

Update: Capcom has uploaded some footage from each new mode – feel free to vault past the break to check it out. Also, Capcom-Unity confirms that a patch will come to Xbox 360 and PS3 at the same time. This free update allows players to adjust the camera's field of view, and adds co-op to the Ada campaign and the No Hope Left difficulty mode.
Predator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71gVEeoH2UU&feature=g-all

Onslaught:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53FiJgXvjs

Survivor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJPrv1PpAIM

I guess it's better than nothing at all. Not going to go through the issue of discussing it being hidden/held back content since that's the widely accepted industry standard today. For what it's worth though, Predator and Onslaught seem like they would be fun. Hoping this would bolster the online community again. Last time I checked, not many people were playing Mercenaries anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished beating this game recently and it was fun. Not sure with all the nay sayers saying its the worst of the worst. Leon's campaign was probably my favorite and Chris's my least (felt very slow and long).

Just mopping up on some achievements and thoroughly enjoying Mercenaries mode. Wish xbox would have a sale on the maps and/or Capcom to add more character skins. Bums me out that Agent doesn't have an alt costume.

bread's done
Back