Resident Evil 6 - Out Now!

I assume the Mercenaries leaderboards are hacked or modded?

For Piers, if you switch shoulders during his shell ejection for the sniper rifle you skip the animation, allowing you to quick shot it, or snipe, faster. Apparently some people are trying to use this in Mercenaries to see if it can crack higher scores with him. He supposedly is the worst Mercenary character for score.

If people are trying to unlock the alternate costumes from Resident Evil . net, there's a badge for having 1 and 10 site buddies, which would gain you some free points to aid in 'buying' the alternate skins off the site. Just find 10 people to be a site buddy with to do this. The alternate skins are the same as the alternate skins already in the game, just with a slightly different color. They have the same loadouts as well, so they're not essential, just for extra replay value.

I was extremely disappointed when I found out the RE.net alternates were Merc exclusive. Since I can only stand the mode in Versus format they are going to collect dust. Unfortunately there isn't much else worth spending points on at the moment so I'll take what I can get.

Looks like this game has locked DLC. I'm raging so hard right now.

http://www.examiner.com/article/resident-evil-6-has-on-disc-dlc-due-to-technical-reasons-says-capcom

Capcom will be Capcom. Besides anyone who remembers the bullshit unlock key code for the on disc multiplayer modes of RE5 shouldn't be the least bit surprised by this. I'm certainly not.

[quote name='popular penguin']Looks like this game has locked DLC. I'm raging so hard right now.

http://www.examiner.com/article/resident-evil-6-has-on-disc-dlc-due-to-technical-reasons-says-capcom[/QUOTE]
If you look in the medals for the game, it has one for beating so many Mercenaries stages. Since 3 come with the game, I have 3 completed. But under my medal it says 3/5 completed, so they definitely held out on a lot of material. I'm fully aware of the 3 pre-order maps, but the medal is only 1 star done, meaning 3 more stars available, which definitely means more than just 6 total maps.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']wait so who is the new character?[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for Claire or Sheva but smart money is on Wesker.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'm hoping for Claire or Sheva but smart money is on Wesker.[/QUOTE]

They should just give us a playable Nemesis for Mercs. That'd get me to open my wallet.

[quote name='GUNNM']Hoping its Jill =][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind seeing her again if she hadn't made such a substantial appearance in Resident Evil 5. Personally I've had my fill. They seriously need to bring Claire back. They turned Chris into a complete boulder punching badass practically overnight. I'm itching to see what hilariousness Claire is capable of now.

As for Sheva I loved her overall look, demeanor and VA. I was pretty disappointed they kept her out of 6 especially with how bland I found Piers overall. Much like Helena we probably won't hear or see much of them for a while if ever. ;(

[quote name='handsomepete']They should just give us a playable Nemesis for Mercs. That'd get me to open my wallet.[/QUOTE]

Ustanak from
Jake's
campaign sort of already fills that role but it would be nice to see him again.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I finished Ada's earlier this evening. I thought it was second only to Jake's in terms of entertainment though
both run ins with Simmons were still annoying in general.
A nice mix between action and stealth though I still find the whole
grappling hook
nonsense a bit too over the top in general.

Basically if you love the idea of Ada
crawling on all floors in ducts whilst wearing skin tight black leather pants with a constant close up of her ass
then the campaign is a dream come true. Personally I was just glad I didn't have to deal with anymore rope climbing incidents. The story (though rather poor) comes full circle, Ada's
Crossbow
is my favorite weapon in the game and it had the most entertaining/well balanced four way events of all campaigns.

If I had to rate them overall: Jake (1), Ada (2), Chris (3), Leon (4)

If I had to rate the game as an action title: 8.5

If I had to rate it as an RE sequel: L-O-L.

If had to rate it as a co-op title: 6.0[/QUOTE]

Finally finished all the campaigns.
I agree with your assessment of Ada's campaign. It was my favorite one. More puzzles/stealth, less action, and a bit less zombies with guns. The grappling hook didn't bother me, though it might be because you havent played RE4. (Speaking of which, why haven't you?)

Overall the story isn't great. I'd actually give all the campaigns different scores.

Ada (8) > Leon (7) > Chris (6) > Jake (5)

Chris' campaign gets a slight edge over Jake's because of some really fun bosses/moments.

Also, regarding the final cutscene -
God I hope Jake isn't the sole focus of RE7.

Why doesn't bosses stay dead? I don't remember having to ever repeat a boss battle as much as nemesis like I did in this game.

This game has started to wear on me. I didn't play for a few days to recharge. Popped it in earlier ready to go and its becoming more of a chore to make myself want to play then doing it for fun. I'm on Chapter 4 of Jake's Campaign

The motorcycle stuff was fine. I was Sherry so I didn't really have to do to much of anything besides shoot a few things. The annoying part is afterwards with that fucking helicopter shooting at you while you have enemies on the ground shooting you as well. I burned through alot of ammo(not that I had a ton to being with... I seriously thought I had alot more...guess not) Then after that a cut scene plays. You walk a few steps and have to go against the damn chopper again with grasshopper and other j'avo's are trying to kill you. I burned through all my ammo then it mentioned the bear commander gun has a secondary weapon..the grenade launcher. So i'm sure thats what you use to take out the helicopter except i'm out of ammo.

[quote name='whoknows']Did you switch to the secondary fire of the bear commander? You probably had ammo unless you used the explosive rounds before.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should've tried to fire it. I just saw I had zero ammo and didn't even bother. I was getting very frustrated at that point anyway so I just turned the game off. I'll give it another go next time I fire it up.

Were you on secondary fire when you looked at ammo? It's a different ammo indicator for normal and secondary fire, so you gotta be on secondary to see if you have any ammo.

I just started Jake today and I'm really liking his melee attacks. His target run up and melee dash is pretty strong and you can combo with it for pretty much an instant kill.

Weird. I had 6 I think because I'd never used the secondary up until that point. Maybe I picked them up somewhere and don't remember.

[quote name='shotgunshine']This game has started to wear on me. I didn't play for a few days to recharge. Popped it in earlier ready to go and its becoming more of a chore to make myself want to play then doing it for fun. I'm on Chapter 4 of Jake's Campaign

The motorcycle stuff was fine. I was Sherry so I didn't really have to do to much of anything besides shoot a few things. The annoying part is afterwards with that fucking helicopter shooting at you while you have enemies on the ground shooting you as well. I burned through alot of ammo(not that I had a ton to being with... I seriously thought I had alot more...guess not) Then after that a cut scene plays. You walk a few steps and have to go against the damn chopper again with grasshopper and other j'avo's are trying to kill you. I burned through all my ammo then it mentioned the bear commander gun has a secondary weapon..the grenade launcher. So i'm sure thats what you use to take out the helicopter except i'm out of ammo.
[/QUOTE]

If you climb up the ladders in the second battle with the Chopper, there should be grenade launcher ammo. Also, since you're Sherry, Jake can toss you up to a higher platform between the broken laddered parts to get more ammo, while also giving you a better shot at the Helicopter.

Do you a have the item drop skill active? It might help with having the enemies that you fight drop that grenade launcher ammo for you when they're killed.

This should be the part where Chris and Piers are also fighting the same Helicopter higher up on the roof, so I think if you take too long they'll eventually take it out. Might be easier if you have humans playing as Chris and Piers for that, though, but the AI for them should do it as well. Just stay alive.

[quote name='GUNNM']I just started Jake today and I'm really liking his melee attacks. His target run up and melee dash is pretty strong and you can combo with it for pretty much an instant kill.[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, I started his campaign yesterday and was playing as Sherry for the first two chapters. Got to love the shock baton.

[quote name='Trakan']Finally finished all the campaigns.
I agree with your assessment of Ada's campaign. It was my favorite one. More puzzles/stealth, less action, and a bit less zombies with guns. The grappling hook didn't bother me, though it might be because you havent played RE4. (Speaking of which, why haven't you?)
[/QUOTE]

Way too many great games and DLC to play this month to get into it. Plus the industry is about due for another flop year so I need to have something brewing in the backlog for emergencies. Bioshock Infinite is the only game I'm interested in next year.

As for the
grappling hook
nonsense if the number of appearances are on par with RE6 then I'm still certain to find it ridiculous. I know every spy has their gadgets, but Bruce Wayne is the only fictional character I've seen that makes it look good.

Also, regarding the final cutscene -
God I hope Jake isn't the sole focus of RE7.

:cry: Y U NO LEIK LE WESKAR JUNIAR!? :cry:

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']"It's nothin', it's nothin'" - Wiz Khalifa

That new difficulty had better come with achievements though.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing new difficulty will obviously has some kind of twist. Knife only mode?
I hope it isn't a die in one hit mode.

[quote name='JStryke']On the contrary, I started his campaign yesterday and was playing as Sherry for the first two chapters. Got to love the shock baton.[/QUOTE]
If you do a swing with the baton and hold down Right trigger, Sherry will charge it up, making it more powerful, especially from behind. There's an achievement for getting 10 kills with it. I unfortunately assumed the triple hit combo she did with it was the charged attack, and did not realize about the charge attack until near the end of her campaign. Other people may have already figured this out, but just in case.

Also, from what Ada says about Chrysalids not liking electricity, can Sherry kill them in the cocoon with her shock baton?
--
Jake's special ending seemed more like
Altair Jr
But why are there C-Virus mutants in the Middle East? The BSAA are horrible at containing this stuff.
--
And I cannot get an A rank with Ada in Mercenaries. I just need to unlock her final outfit for all the characters, but I just can't keep the combo running with her weak weapon selection.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read the summaries for the chapters on Resident Evil.net, they seem to tell an oddly different ending for Leon's campaign, specifically about the boss battles.

This is from the Chapter 5 summary:
However, as the night drags on, hope dwindles; it seems that dawn will not come.Rescue comes in the form of a lone helicopter, whose pilot is none other than Ada Wong.
Ada, who Chris had reported dead.

Riding in Ada's helicopter, the two agents head to the roof of the Quad Tower.
There, they find Simmons. Enraged at the sight of the three of them and powered by the enhanced C-Virus, Simmons proceeds to attack--his body undergoing mutation after mutation.

Following a grueling battle, and with Ada's help, Leon and Helena at last are able to defeat Simmons for good. They then go to make their escape via the helicopter, though Ada is nowhere in sight.

While I realize it's just a summary, it's strange that it completely ignores the initial battle with Simmons outside the Quad Tower, which Ada helps them with. She never air lifts them to the top, but this would have made more sense and been a much better thing to have had occur when she initially rescued Leon and Helena on the street from the zombies. It would have bypassed the tedious Simmons fight(s), to just have a closing fight with him with a few mutations.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']"It's nothin', it's nothin'" - Wiz Khalifa

That new difficulty had better come with achievements though.[/QUOTE]
I don't see achievements or trophies for this because its free.

Ada having the best campaign? Throw up on yourselves. Complaining about Leon's last boss being tedious seems so arbitrary after playing through her shit.

Chris > Leon (Chapter 1 is the best part of this entire game) > Jake > Agent Hunt > Options Menu > "Waiting for Partner Screen" > Post Campaign Credit Scroll > L+R QTE Climbs > Ada

[quote name='rpg']I don't see achievements or trophies for this because its free.[/QUOTE]
It's a shame more games don't have those free zero point achievements like Kameo did. But since Microsoft only allows achievements on paid DLC, I guess even zero point achievements are excluded? It would just add replayability to so many games if game studios could do this to their games.

A friend linked me to this interview with the developers and I thought it was pretty interesting. Only view it once you have completed all 4 campaigns though, since there are massive spoilers embedded within.

I finished the game recently and played through all 4 Campaigns on Professional (Co-Op), while throwing in some Mercenaries runs in between. I have to admit, I like this game quite a bit. I was a bit hesitant when I picked it up on release day, but now that I have a better understanding of all the mechanics, I am content with this release.

I posted my initial impressions when I was about 3 Chapters in on Chris' Campaign, and the only issues that remained the same for me were the inventory management and the lack of a weapon upgrade system. Other than that, I had a blast playing through this entire game; with the exception of Ada's Campaign. I never had any issues in terms of ammo being scarce, if anything, red herbs seemed to be almost non-existent. Oh and the baseball slide into reverse back slide is an awesome technique to use on enemies when done right.

I cannot stress enough how crucial it is to play this game cooperatively, since it honestly feels like a different game when playing single player. I guess the majority of people are expecting this game to hit $30 for Black Friday, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game to say the least.

I'm watching the video Ma12. I agree the inventory system sucked. I kept having to drop health items or use nades just to make room for ammo.
I wish they did a straight up narrative I don't even know who the bad guys were besides
simmons and ada wong clone
and why were they doing what they were doing.

I think so you just need to learn the patterns. I can go up to the part when you crawl under the crawlspace the second time which is like 7-8 NEO-UMBRELLA dudes in. Also you can use RT attacks to kill them all if you're close enough the RT button will pop up for an instant kill but you probably knew that.

[quote name='whoknows']Is there a point to not getting caught?[/QUOTE]
lol nope. Just doing it for kicks I don't know why I even care about not getting caught but I just restart every time I do it really does annoy me I can't get this past this for some reason.

I just finished playing through Chris' campaign as him on professional and am greatly disappointed.
Piers' AI is truly awful during the boss fight. I lost all of my ammo, and it took me close to 2 hours to do because he wouldn't break the cocoon for Haos when he was supposed to. I eventually had to wait for him to injure Haos enough to cause it to go into the cocoon state, where he would still frequently not shoot it. Or, in the rare event that he did, he would somehow miss, or even have the shot blocked by the raised squares in the room.

Then during the dumb close with the unnecessary race against the falling floor to the last cutscene, which is blocked by contrived organic walls, he would somehow miss the organic walls, causing us both to die. Seriously, all the AI is programmed to do there is blast the walls, yet somehow it repeatedly did not achieve that. How do you fuck up something so fucking simple? How? How is that fucking possible? 2 hours to play because you butcher an AI companion that is made incredibly important in that section of the game, where I'm completely dependent upon him, and he doesn't do the task(s) required of him. How am I supposed to enjoy such a flawed game?

All video games should be reviewed based on their highest difficulty, as that's where the flaws are most glaring. After having played that part, I would definitely agree with the negative reviews because of how miserable a time I had with that section. It's really ruined my view of the game.

After watching that posted video, I'm glad they mentioned that they finished it as quickly and cheaply as possible, as it doesn't feel complete to me. Ada's campaign might have been better if we had actually been playing as
Carla, as it might have helped to explain more of what was going on. I'm not saying that the ending should have been that, I'm saying that Carla almost needs her own campaign so I can really understand what the point of all of that was. I even wish Simmons had a campaign, just so that I could get his point in the game.

I've read the files, but that's a perfect example of how incomplete this game is. I have to read secondary texts that I can only get if I find Serpent emblems within the game to actually understand what was going on, slightly. What's the point of the game if I have to read additional content to actually get what occurred?

[quote name='GUNNM']lol nope. Just doing it for kicks I don't know why I even care about not getting caught but I just restart every time I do it really does annoy me I can't get this past this for some reason.[/QUOTE]Yes, it is possible to not get caught in that first section of Chapter 1. From what I understand, the crossbow she has is considered "silent" (not the exploding ones of course), so as long as you aim for head shots it is usually a one hit kill. There are exceptions though, like the ones that end up mutating, but they are few and far between. It doesn't matter if you get caught it Chapter 1, but since you basically start off with no decent weapon to defend yourself with it is advisable to try and go the silent route with stealth take downs and head shots (especially in professional). You will run really low on ammo if you go the guns blazing route. The Mac-10/TMP is basically useless throughout her entire campaign; although it'd probably do good in Normal.

I'll admit, I tried that beginning section multiple times and it was a little frustrating since stealth doesn't really mesh well with the control scheme and camera angles, but it is doable. There is a section later in the campaign where not getting caught unlocks an achievement if you care about that kind of thing. I think it's around Chapter 4.

Ada's Campaign is probably the most difficult and least favorite campaign for me as she never really gets a good all-around weapon when compared to the other playable characters in the game. Hearing her talk to herself with all those "clever" one liners gets annoying quick, as is with all the crawling she does. Maybe it's Capcom's way of fan service or something, but they at least could have given her a pistol instead.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I just finished playing through Chris' campaign as him on professional and am greatly disappointed.
Piers' AI is truly awful during the boss fight. I lost all of my ammo, and it took me close to 2 hours to do because he wouldn't break the cocoon for Haos when he was supposed to. I eventually had to wait for him to injure Haos enough to cause it to go into the cocoon state, where he would still frequently not shoot it. Or, in the rare event that he did, he would somehow miss, or even have the shot blocked by the raised squares in the room.

Then during the dumb close with the unnecessary race against the falling floor to the last cutscene, which is blocked by contrived organic walls, he would somehow miss the organic walls, causing us both to die. Seriously, all the AI is programmed to do there is blast the walls, yet somehow it repeatedly did not achieve that. How do you fuck up something so fucking simple? How? How is that fucking possible? 2 hours to play because you butcher an AI companion that is made incredibly important in that section of the game, where I'm completely dependent upon him, and he doesn't do the task(s) required of him. How am I supposed to enjoy such a flawed game?
[/QUOTE]Sorry to hear that. I couldn't imagine playing that section with the AI until I read that post. I honestly think the AI in this game is worst than Sheva. At least she would relentlessly kick the shit out of any enemy at the expense of your ammo, but in this game the majority of the time the AI just stands there and looks even though they have infinite ammo. I wouldn't wish for anyone to play this game alone, so if you need help just ask in this thread.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']All video games should be reviewed based on their highest difficulty, as that's where the flaws are most glaring. After having played that part, I would definitely agree with the negative reviews because of how miserable a time I had with that section. It's really ruined my view of the game.

After watching that posted video, I'm glad they mentioned that they finished it as quickly and cheaply as possible, as it doesn't feel complete to me. Ada's campaign might have been better if we had actually been playing as
Carla, as it might have helped to explain more of what was going on. I'm not saying that the ending should have been that, I'm saying that Carla almost needs her own campaign so I can really understand what the point of all of that was. I even wish Simmons had a campaign, just so that I could get his point in the game.

I've read the files, but that's a perfect example of how incomplete this game is. I have to read secondary texts that I can only get if I find Serpent emblems within the game to actually understand what was going on, slightly. What's the point of the game if I have to read additional content to actually get what occurred?[/QUOTE]I agree with basically everything you said and I have read all those files as well. I do feel that the game was rushed to probably coincide with the release of that new Resident Evil movie that has nothing to do with the main canon. However, you've got to remember that they most likely held out on most of the things you're questioning about as DLC. I dislike DLC as much as anyone else on these forums does, but that's just the way it is now. Seems like we're shelling out $100 to get the full experience for any game that is released today. It's either that, or wait 6 months to a year for the GOTY.

One of the few times I'm glad I threw health away over ammo was Chris' final boss. That would have been really really hard if I didn't have 42 rounds of each ammo grenade launcher type.

Yes Ada's crossbow is silent and also one hit kill IF NOT detected once the alarm goes off melee or get headshots as it becomes pretty useless -- grenade bow the exception.

I really wish that Capcom broke up the chapters more, especially with the crossover sections. The double Ogroman battle with Chris and Piers & Sherry and Jake is my favorite part of this game. I wish I could just jump into a four player version of that as frequently as I wanted. It's, personally, the best crossover section as it potentially has two bosses, along with J'avo around to battle, and an objective to accomplish.

If they made an extreme battle mode, where you had to go through these crossover sections without skills and on higher difficulties, that would be interesting. It could also be frustrating and lame because it would require an online community available (and for them to be competent), but it would be fun to race for time trials in them.

Also,
If you look in the cutscenes area of the special features, they give a timeline of the events. If you notice, between the Edonia sequence and the Tall Oaks sequence there's a big gap. Obviously, it's to establish the 6 months between the two, but the physical gaps seems to suggest that there will be content that would fill the gaps for the cutscenes. I guess it can be assumed that it'll be Carla stuff. I wonder if they'll have chapters similar to Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares, where each added to the story in different ways. I just hope if they add it gives additional crossover sections.

Is anybody trying to get all the medals and titles? I haven't even started with Agent Hunt mode, but I'm hearing that it's being exploited by players with infinite magnum ammo, so you really can't win, and in most cases you won't get any credit added to your titles because the game mode has to finish; either through you killing the agents, or the agents completing the chapter (section?).

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Also,
If you look in the cutscenes area of the special features, they give a timeline of the events. If you notice, between the Edonia sequence and the Tall Oaks sequence there's a big gap. Obviously, it's to establish the 6 months between the two, but the physical gaps seems to suggest that there will be content that would fill the gaps for the cutscenes. I guess it can be assumed that it'll be Carla stuff. I wonder if they'll have chapters similar to Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares, where each added to the story in different ways. I just hope if they add it gives additional crossover sections.
[/QUOTE]I actually never thought about that, but that's a good assumption and most likely the route they'll be going for in terms of DLC.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Is anybody trying to get all the medals and titles? I haven't even started with Agent Hunt mode, but I'm hearing that it's being exploited by players with infinite magnum ammo, so you really can't win, and in most cases you won't get any credit added to your titles because the game mode has to finish; either through you killing the agents, or the agents completing the chapter (section?).[/QUOTE]Yeah, there is no option to search for games without infinite ammo switched on. It was more fun in the first 2 weeks since the majority of people didn't have it unlocked yet, but now you're in a total disadvantage when playing as the Zombies/J'avo. I'll admit that playing on Professional with Agent Hunt on and no inifinite ammo does add a bit of tension while campaigning.

On a side note, according to the manual, it is possible to share/trade items with your partner...in split-screen co-op.:wall:

I'm half way done with Ada chapter 4 I will beat this game before AC3 comes out by the gods!

I wish RE 7 has a story I don't know what's really going on besides surviving. Every campaign is just about surviving and fighting some random boss in the end.

bread's done
Back