Photo
- - - - -

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for Xbox 360 TRU $44.99 FS

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#241 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

anyone remember if TRU charged when you placed the order or only if it shipped? anyway I cancelled it and PM'd at BBY for the game and shirt! pretty sweet
the game kicks ass but the combat is system is a bit complicated, though a nice surprise compared to skyrim's "hold RT to win" combat, lol...

#242 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

You might have better success by trying the following (YMMV):

On the TOYS R US product page, click the "Print Page" link and it will take you to the printer-friendly version. On this page it does not mention anything about the item being out-of-stock; but it does say, under Store Pickup, "Not eligible for Store Pickup" "Sold in stores (details)".

Good Luck!

I tried to PM either Toys R Us or Target today, but the BBY service rep wouldn't let me because she said the T-shirt counted as a free promo and that I could either get the shirt or PM. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I took the shirt since they're apparently hard to find, and I was going to try my luck PM'ing at a different BBY tomorrow.

Also, did you guys get to pick your shirt size? I didn't check until I got back home, but they just handed me an XL. Wondering if it's worth it to go back and try to get an M.

#243 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

I ordered Driver from Toys R us and it took forever to get to me. I swore them off after that.

#244 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

I tried to PM either Toys R Us or Target today, but the BBY service rep wouldn't let me because she said the T-shirt counted as a free promo and that I could either get the shirt or PM. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I took the shirt since they're apparently hard to find, and I was going to try my luck PM'ing at a different BBY tomorrow.

Also, did you guys get to pick your shirt size? I didn't check until I got back home, but they just handed me an XL. Wondering if it's worth it to go back and try to get an M.

Pretty sure they are all XLs. My Best Buy only got in 6 shirts, when I got there they had 3 left and all were XL. Rather have them all be XLs than smalls. Most people wear a Medium or Large so I think it works out.

Oh yeah, and Best Buy let me price match Target and use my $5 RZ cert. So it was $44.99 before tax.

#245 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

my shirt is a large. :)

Pretty sure they are all XLs. My Best Buy only got in 6 shirts, when I got there they had 3 left and all were XL. Rather have them all be XLs than smalls. Most people wear a Medium or Large so I think it works out.

Oh yeah, and Best Buy let me price match Target and use my $5 RZ cert. So it was $44.99 before tax.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#246 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Going to just sit and wait on my copy.
Its backordered but it might come availble. i dont need it asap since im cleaning my backlog.

However if someplace such as amazon lists it for 44 or cheaper, i'll cancel the TRU.

#247 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

my shirt is a large. :)

Ditto. My BB only had (3) larges.

#248 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Surprised that Amazon has not price matched either TRU or Target. I informed them of both prices, but nothing. I may try BB later in the week with the Target ad in hand, still holding off hope for Amazon.

#249 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

mine shipped this AM
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#250 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

I just got home and went to check if it came back in stock....looks like it's back in stock for shipping? I got myself a copy with leftovers giftcards. I heard a lot of good things about this game.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#251 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

No issue price matching TRU at Best Buy last night. Best Buy is quickly taking over from Amazon as my go to game store. With all the trade-in kickers, gift cards for pre-orders and @Gamer coupons I get my best deals there. I hope they can get the ship righted and stay in business.

#252 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Shipped via UPS two days ago. Should be arriving next Tuesday which is no big deal. I have an extensive backlog anyway.

#253 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

No issue price matching TRU at Best Buy last night. Best Buy is quickly taking over from Amazon as my go to game store. With all the trade-in kickers, gift cards for pre-orders and @Gamer coupons I get my best deals there. I hope they can get the ship righted and stay in business.

Best Buy PMs online deals now?
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#254 henhowc

henhowc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Mine shipped on 4/18 and it looks like its being delivered today. Went from UPS to USPS. Not bad turnaround time for TRU. Wasn't expecting it until next week based on all reports by people complaining about 1 week shipping times in previous pre-orders.

Note: It shipped from San Leandro, CA and I am in Los Angeles so the shorter distance probably factored into me getting it earlier than usual.

#255 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

TRU shipping is fucking ridiculous.

I need to start formulating my backup plan for Lollipop Chainsaw right now because there's no way I want to wait a week for it to be delivered.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#256 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

PM'd today at Best Buy. Just about finished installing the 2nd disc onto my XBOX and then I'm gonna fire it up for the first time. Traded in a few games and got like $130 credit, so I'll probably Pre-Order Max Payne to get the $20 gift card (plus I'[m sure it'll drop in price within 45 days as well so I'll get adjusted) and then use the rest of the credit plus the gift card, and cash for Bioshock Infinite. I cant think of anything else I'm really excited to play this year except a new Grand Theft Auto, but if BB gives out $20 gift cards with other new releases I'd be more inclined to get some of the other new releases day 1

#257 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Mine shipped on 4/18 and it looks like its being delivered today. Went from UPS to USPS. Not bad turnaround time for TRU. Wasn't expecting it until next week based on all reports by people complaining about 1 week shipping times in previous pre-orders.

Note: It shipped from San Leandro, CA and I am in Los Angeles so the shorter distance probably factored into me getting it earlier than usual.

Hmm I'm right across the bay. Thanks for that info now I can sorta calculate shipping time if I order from them.

#258 knightimages

knightimages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Received my copy from TRU this afternoon. I have installed both discs and will play this evening.

#259 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

Got my copy price matched at walmart today. i just showed them toysrus's site on my phone. The game is super good so far