Photo
- - - - -

*LOOK!* Skyrim on sale starting 2/26 @ Walmart $39.96!!!

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#121 Cmw7290

Cmw7290

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

Picked up Skyrim today at Walmart for $30

#122 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

it has a reg. paper map which is fine by me to use since i already have the premium map framed and hanging on my wall. :)

Just so you people know, that the newer Skyrims don't have that nice fancy map that was included like the first runs...

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#123 JMAVERIX

JMAVERIX

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

So its already $30 at ANY Walmart?

#124 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm not only waiting for the goty version, I'm waiting on the goty version to be $20. I just got Dragon Age Origins GOTY last month for $20. I don't get why people here are like "have fun playing in a few years" as though there is something wrong with an old game that you have neveer played. Are people really that impatient? I like games as much as anyone else but they are just games and I can wait.

Btw, I beat all of dagon age origins goty and got all but two achievements, now I have it on eBay and it's up to $15. Worst case is it will cost me only $5 after reselling it! That's the plan for skyrim as well. I don't care if it takes till 2013 or even 2015, I will wait. I'm sure games will drop fast after 2013 though since the new consoles will come out.

#125 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I'm not only waiting for the goty version, I'm waiting on the goty version to be $20. I just got Dragon Age Origins GOTY last month for $20. I don't get why people here are like "have fun playing in a few years" as though there is something wrong with an old game that you have neveer played. Are people really that impatient? I like games as much as anyone else but they are just games and I can wait.

Btw, I beat all of dagon age origins goty and got all but two achievements, now I have it on eBay and it's up to $15. Worst case is it will cost me only $5 after reselling it! That's the plan for skyrim as well. I don't care if it takes till 2013 or even 2015, I will wait. I'm sure games will drop fast after 2013 though since the new consoles will come out.

Just games? Bite your finger.

#126 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

I'm not only waiting for the goty version, I'm waiting on the goty version to be $20. I just got Dragon Age Origins GOTY last month for $20. I don't get why people here are like "have fun playing in a few years" as though there is something wrong with an old game that you have neveer played.

What I don't get is why people come into a thread to say that they're not interested. What is the point? Are they just talking out loud, or do they think that people are eager to know that they're not interested in the deal? It's probably the most unproductive conversation piece (which is saying alot, considering this is an internet forum), which is why I'm guessing people are annoyed by it.

#127 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Is this the new MSRP? Because Wal-Mart rarely has deals.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#128 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Nothing wrong with waiting...my guess is that any particular thread would be better off w/O a bunch of "i'm waiting" and "have fun waiting" responses clogging it up, but it's a free internet. and I clearly dont mind clogging up a thread. ;)

Also, I do the same thing as you with older games (play/sell/break even), but if you time things right, you can break even+ on new games and not even wait...(using B2G1/GS-PUR i picked up Skyrim, Batman, and Dark Souls for ~110, and sold them when i was done with them for about ~100. Add in that I had $25 in GS credit for completing surveys, and I got paid $15 to play those three games. only the publishers lose, lol

#129 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the post Op! With my backlog I might as well wait for the GOTY version though.

#130 Cmw7290

Cmw7290

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

So its already $30 at ANY Walmart?

Not the case I only found it at that price at one Walmart (My city has 3 for whatever reason)

#131 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Is this the new MSRP? Because Wal-Mart rarely has deals.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

#132 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I think it is the new MSRP for Skyrim. I was just at Walmart they had no special tags/mark down/ or any markings on the price tag for Skyrim. Just said $39.96 in the plain yellow tag they use to mark everything in the store.

I almost bit but I will happily wait for it to go on sale on steam once my new computer is built, April seems so far away. haha.:bouncy:

#133 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

If I could find it for 30 as some claim I would buy it for both systems. 30 is more than likely just an error.

#134 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

well worth $40 IMO. Hope you guys are able to find copies!

#135 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Sorry if someone mentioned it, does this include the PC version?

#136 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

If it's $30, I'm going to jump on this.

#137 brux

brux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

Anyone have a pic for it at $30?

Still will probably bite at $40.

Thanks, OP!

#138 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

Sorry if someone mentioned it, does this include the PC version?

Yes this includes the PC version at 39.99 I sat and stared at the last PC copy at my walmart and decided to wait the $40 I save could go to my new build come april.

#139 Cmw7290

Cmw7290

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

Anyone have a pic for it at $30?

Still will probably bite at $40.

Thanks, OP!

I can post one after I get off work.

#140 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

Both WM stores by me had it marked $40, which was nice since I went into BB and got them to PM that price and I got $20 back.;)

So now I can crack this open and start playing, since I don't think it's gonna drop any further anywhere for a while.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#141 BowserG

BowserG

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

*QUESTION!*
I am about 20 hours into Oblivion GOTY. I'm enjoying it but also finding it sort of difficult to keep on playing because it feels somewhat dated. My question for any Elder Scrolls veterans out there is should I tough it out and finish Oblivion and the expansions? Or should I cut my losses and get Skyrim (which looks amazing) and ditch Oblivion? What say you CAGs? Thanks for any advice.

#142 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

So now I can crack this open and start playing, since I don't think it's gonna drop any further anywhere for a while.

Just you wait...

#143 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

*QUESTION!*
I am about 20 hours into Oblivion GOTY. I'm enjoying it but also finding it sort of difficult to keep on playing because it feels somewhat dated. My question for any Elder Scrolls veterans out there is should I tough it out and finish Oblivion and the expansions? Or should I cut my losses and get Skyrim (which looks amazing) and ditch Oblivion? What say you CAGs? Thanks for any advice.

I would cut my losses and start Skyrim and come back to Oblivion later. Skyrim has sooooo much to do, and you don't wanna be burned out by the time you put in some serious hours. You wanna enjoy it. Pickup Skyrim and come back to Oblivion later.

#144 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

I would cut my losses and start Skyrim and come back to Oblivion later. Skyrim has sooooo much to do, and you don't wanna be burned out by the time you put in some serious hours. You wanna enjoy it. Pickup Skyrim and come back to Oblivion later.

I agree with this. And I am saying this as an old Elder Scrolls vet since the Daggerfall days.

The thing is that Skyrim's timeline and story is pretty far removed from Oblivion so you really aren't missing much. Also, I think Oblivion is a rather bleh game. Personally I think both the game that came before it, Morrowind, and after it, Skyrim, are better. In the case of Morrowind you need to mod the hell out of it (on the PC of course) for it to not look dated, but once you get that setup it really is quite a good game.

Skyrim you can play right out of the box and at least for now it looks quite good. Go for it.

#145 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Dropped by the Edison NJ Walmart last night and picked it up, but it rang up for $60. Didn't have time to ask them to use the hand scanner, which I'm assuming would have shown the lower price. Now I need to get the price adjusted, any good tips how to get that done quickly and efficiently?

Thanks!

#146 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

Dropped by the Edison NJ Walmart last night and picked it up, but it rang up for $60. Didn't have time to ask them to use the hand scanner, which I'm assuming would have shown the lower price. Now I need to get the price adjusted, any good tips how to get that done quickly and efficiently?

Thanks!

http://localad.walma...154&forceview=y

My local ad shows that it's selling for $40 (page 22-23) but the online price doesn't reflect this. Show'em the ad, maybe?

#147 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

I read that the sale includes the PC version, but when I look at my local ad, the sale only applies to the PS3/Xbox. No love?

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#148 netscorer

netscorer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Dropped by my local Wal Mart - it had plenty of copies for every version. Got myself PC version - $40 + tax. Good deal if you want to play Skyrim right away. If you can wait, then do so as price will inevitably drop pretty soon. We can realistically see $30 sales by mid spring.

#149 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

http://localad.walma...154&forceview=y

My local ad shows that it's selling for $40 (page 22-23) but the online price doesn't reflect this. Show'em the ad, maybe?

Looks like a return visit is in order, LOL. Thanks. BTW when I was there last night they only had 1 copy left of the 360 version (Edison NJ) after my purchase.

#150 brux

brux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Got one for $40. Am guessing the $30 was a mistake (and a nice one!).

Thanks, OP!