Robocop (remake): 2/12/14

no it doesnt but that said itd be interesting to see what they would do with it. they did some amazing shit with the tech in it back then so with technology being where it is now it leaves things open to be either really amazing or cgi shit.

i could see them making his initial dismemberment / killing pretty gruesome but then thats the question i it going to be a rated r movie or will it be a pg13 bore? im still looking for that rumored rated x version of robocop.

[quote name='lokizz']i could see them making his initial dismemberment / killing pretty gruesome but then thats the question i it going to be a rated r movie or will it be a pg13 bore? im still looking for that rumored rated x version of robocop.[/QUOTE]

The uncut version definitely does exist, check out http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=3609994 for a side by side comparison with pics...

That being said, I really wish they would stop with these "reboots" of great movies... The original flicks were great and they did what they wanted to do just fine so there is no reason for these other than Hollywood being lazy. I really don't have much hope for this flick, especially if it turns out to be PG.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']It'll almost certainly be rated PG13.[/QUOTE]

My dad let my 10 and 5 year old nephews watch the original when he babysat them a while back. The next day the 10 year old shit his pants while they were driving them back to my sister's house and he just says "fuck! I just shit my pants." My dad's like "You can't talk like that." and I'm like "Dude, you're the one that let them watch RoboCop last night."

[quote name='ChibiJosh']It'll almost certainly be rated PG13.[/QUOTE]

ipjN1.gif

[quote name='lokizz']no it doesnt but that said itd be interesting to see what they would do with it. they did some amazing shit with the tech in it back then so with technology being where it is now it leaves things open to be either really amazing or cgi shit.

i could see them making his initial dismemberment / killing pretty gruesome but then thats the question i it going to be a rated r movie or will it be a pg13 bore? im still looking for that rumored rated x version of robocop.[/QUOTE]

The blu-ray release (which retails for about $10) doesn't advertise as such but it IS the unrated/extended cut. I was pleasantly suprised.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']The blu-ray release (which retails for about $10) doesn't advertise as such but it IS the unrated/extended cut. I was pleasantly suprised.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up ill look into it thats one of those timeless movies that oddly enough mirror how things are becoming now in some places.....minus the robot cops of course lol.

Not digging the casting. He was pretty fucking annoying on the killing. I don't think he has the personality to win people over.

or leave the voice alone.... They butchered the voice in RC3...yes I know it's a different actor but man that was bad.

[quote name='lokizz']no it doesnt but that said itd be interesting to see what they would do with it. they did some amazing shit with the tech in it back then so with technology being where it is now it leaves things open to be either really amazing or cgi shit.

i could see them making his initial dismemberment / killing pretty gruesome but then thats the question i it going to be a rated r movie or will it be a pg13 bore? im still looking for that rumored rated x version of robocop.[/QUOTE]

From everything I read the blu-ray transfer sucks. Luckily I have the old Criterion DVD and that is also the unrated cut.

This remake will certainly suck. The original was so much deeper than the surface story, this will be typical Hollywood bullshit.

0.0 on the interest meter for me.

[quote name='ITDEFX']or leave the voice alone.... They butchered the voice in RC3...yes I know it's a different actor but man that was bad.[/QUOTE]
The voice actor was the least of Robocop 3's problems...

lol robocop 3 was horrible id liek to see what they will do with the cobra gun as well but they wont find a villan as cool as red foreman.

The rule for Hollywood remakes is to do a random survey of 1000 people outside the TMZ.

1. Have you seen movie X?

2. If yes, do you have any pleasant memories from it?

If more than 60% of those surveyed respond yes to question #2, then a remake is in order. If the threshold for destroying pleasant memories is too low than no remake is needed.

it'll be pg13 so they don't lose money on the younger audience.. it's a shame expendables 2 dropped to a pg 13 rating as well.

Sigh, this is gonna suck so bad. I remember when I was a kid we used ta argue about who would win in a fight, RoboCop or The Terminator. Well they haven't remade Terminator yet, so I guess Arnie wins.

of course the terminator would win. robocop is still part human destroy that and hes dead a terminator will keep going until its completely destroyed. i cant believe that movie was actually scary at one point. but if robocop had a cobra gun then hed win.

[quote name='lokizz']of course the terminator would win. robocop is still part human destroy that and hes dead a terminator will keep going until its completely destroyed. i cant believe that movie was actually scary at one point. but if robocop had a cobra gun then hed win.[/QUOTE]

...the Terminator was destroyed by a human female, so you'd think a man/machine would have less trouble.

[quote name='KaneRobot']...the Terminator was destroyed by a human female, so you'd think a man/machine would have less trouble.[/QUOTE]

she got lucky the first time and if not for the guy from the future helping her shed have died easily. robocop is tough but he has his limitations. and if he went up against the liquid metal terminator cmon hed be dead instantly.

hell to that same rationale robocop got done in by a kid didnt he? which one was it where they broke him into pieces and dropped him off in front of the cop station?

Guess what people complaining? This movie probably isn't intended for you. It's probably intended for those who grew up after Robocop was relevant.

People don't usually get stuck up and only like things before their generation before they get older and start yelling at kids to get off their lawns.

[quote name='whoknows']Guess what people complaining? This movie probably isn't intended for you. It's probably intended for those who grew up after Robocop was relevant.

People don't usually get stuck up and only like things before their generation before they get older and start yelling at kids to get off their lawns.[/QUOTE]
Nah its getting made because they bought a license for it and want to remake it.

[quote name='whoknows']Guess what people complaining? This movie probably isn't intended for you. It's probably intended for those who grew up after Robocop was relevant.

People don't usually get stuck up and only like things before their generation before they get older and start yelling at kids to get off their lawns.[/QUOTE]

whats wrong with yelling at kids to stay off your lawn? thats the best perk in being older especially when you shake an angry fist at them doing your ultimate elderly intimidation combo.

btw wasnt robcop vs terminator a comic series and a game?

[quote name='lokizz']

btw wasnt robcop vs terminator a comic series and a game?[/QUOTE]

yes but I recalled watching this cool robocop vs terminator video series on youtube years ago...

We really don't need a remake of this and the points about some things being strangely relevant now, look how fucked up Detroit is right now. Couldn't you almost see them calling in a company like OCP to run Detroit at the current time?

I agree... it has somewhat of a transformer type feel to it........ you know what? I am betting you that ED-209 will be a transformer type!

Leave the classic alone!!! What is next? A back to the future remake?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I agree... it has somewhat of a transformer type feel to it........ you know what? I am betting you that ED-209 will be a transformer type!

Leave the classic alone!!! What is next? A back to the future remake?[/QUOTE]

When Spielberg dies I wouldn't be surprised if they try it.

[quote name='Sarang01']When Spielberg dies I wouldn't be surprised if they try it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the studio needs to wait for him to die to make a BTTF reboot. Out of respect, they should ask him.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I don't think the studio needs to wait for him to die to make a BTTF reboot. Out of respect, they should ask him.[/QUOTE]

They may not need to but would you want to burn bridges with Spielberg? Out of respect for him I don't think they'll do it.

[quote name='whoknows']BTTF remake would be cool.

Bieber would make a good Marty McFly since he's about the right age.[/QUOTE]

Please delete your account, destroy your computer, and jump off your roof.

[quote name='DestroVega']Please delete your account, destroy your computer, and jump off your roof.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that was a joke post, but he posts some pretty off the wall shit as seriousness so I'm going to agree with you that he needs to find the highest roof to jump off of.

[quote name='shadowkast']better take place in Detroit again[/QUOTE]

would detroit even have enough money to start a robocop program to begin with? itll probably be some crazy guy in an old tin woodsman suit and a cap gun.

[quote name='lokizz']would detroit even have enough money to start a robocop program to begin with? itll probably be some crazy guy in an old tin woodsman suit and a cap gun.[/QUOTE]

It's not the city's program.

[quote name='DestroVega']It's not the city's program.[/QUOTE]

yeah thats right ocp did it they just needed the body. still if they ever did try it i wonder, aside from japan, whod have the money and tech to pull it off.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah thats right ocp did it they just needed the body. still if they ever did try it i wonder, aside from japan, whod have the money and tech to pull it off.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure that the American automobile manufacturers in the area have some left over car parts. Granted that would likely make him much less reliable than Japanese Robocop.

bread's done
Back