Black Teen Shot, Killed By Neighborhood Watch

• Please log in to reply
2351 replies to this topic

#661 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

So he couldn't wear the hoody to stay warm?

Reread the above posts.

There is evidence as posted by CNN that Zimmerman said "It's Fucking Cold" not "Fucking Coon" as originally presented.

People in this thread are trying to refute that (weather being cold) and therefore refute the CNN video and any possibility that Zimmerman said anything BUT coon.

I just wanted to know if indeed it wasn't cold as was mentioned above then why was Martin wearing a hoodie.

#662 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

It is cool outside for someone taking a walk in light rain.

It would not be particularly cold for someone inside the portable shelter and heat source known as a car.

Also, no one has said it is literally impossible he said something else; but that it just is not likely.
wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#663 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

It is cool outside for someone taking a walk in light rain.

It would not be particularly cold for someone inside the portable shelter and heat source known as a car.

Also, no one has said it is literally impossible he said something else; but that it just is not likely.

Against all evidence. Not to mention 54 degrees is freaken cold for floridians, ask one.

#664 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

They cancel school if it's below 45.

#665 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

I just wanted to know if indeed it wasn't cold as was mentioned above then why was Martin wearing a hoodie.

I wear hoodies when its warm outside. Theyre comfortable. Just roll up the sleeves and im good to go. Its my clothing woobie.

#666 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

I wear hoodies when its warm outside. Theyre comfortable. Just roll up the sleeves and im good to go. Its my clothing woobie.

I wear ski googles in the summer too because I'm cool like that

Posted Image

#667 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Not to mention 54 degrees is freaken cold for floridians, ask one.

Sadly I know this first hand , although not for myself I love it when it gets between 40-60 , anything below 80 is generally nice. Plenty of people around here that start freaking out about how "cold" it is if it ever drops below 70 , and some freak if it even drops below 80.:hot::cold:

My issue is it seems really random for him to say "it's fucking cold". I mean I suppose it could have just been him saying that to himself and it being picked up by the 911 call but thats really the only good explanation I'd have for him saying that. I haven't listened to the 911 call so I can't make a personal comment on it beyond that.

#668 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

My issue is it seems really random for him to say "it's fucking cold". I mean I suppose it could have just been him saying that to himself and it being picked up by the 911 call but thats really the only good explanation I'd have for him saying that. I haven't listened to the 911 call so I can't make a personal comment on it beyond that.

I know my own experience is anecdotal, but I constantly say random things like that, especially between akward pauses in a phone call where you are reporting information to someone. I just did it the other day on the phone with my insurance agent, and he wanted my VIN number. While I was unlocking my car doors, I just blurted out that is was chilly outside.

Anecdotal I know, but this stuff happens, to say that you think the chances of him degrading a particular race are greater or more likely because he is white (kind of), is racial profiling in and of itself.

That is frowned upon around here.....unless it is a white guy.

#669 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Sadly I know this first hand , although not for myself I love it when it gets between 40-60 , anything below 80 is generally nice. Plenty of people around here that start freaking out about how "cold" it is if it ever drops below 70 , and some freak if it even drops below 80.:hot::cold:

Commenting on the weather does seem a little weird for a guy about to make a life or death confrontation.

#670 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

Commenting on the weather does seem a little weird for a guy about to make a life or death confrontation.

This statement adds credit to the fact that he probably wasn't intending to kill anyone, and that something went horribly wrong.

I love how you are assuming that he was following the kid with the knowledge that he was going to get into a "life or death confrontation".

These things aren't as cut and dry as you hope them to be.

#671 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Zimmerman was carrying a gun, if he didn't know it could have turned into a life or death matter than he was ignorant/stupid and should not have been anywhere near one.

Also pretty much any serious confrontation will get your blood up and that seriously changes your focus. The whole "weather" thing seems randomly absurd to me, it would be like mentioning he found a penny on the ground.

#672 SpeedyG

SpeedyG

Fastest Mouse In Cag!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

I find it more odd that for someone who is active in a neighborhood watch program would say "It's Fucking Cold" on the phone to a 911 operator just off the cuff.

#673 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Zimmerman was carrying a gun, if he didn't know it could have turned into a life or death matter than he was ignorant/stupid and should not have been anywhere near one.

Also pretty much any serious confrontation will get your blood up and that seriously changes your focus. The whole "weather" thing seems randomly absurd to me, it would be like mentioning he found a penny on the ground.

He was probably carrying a gun when he went grocery shopping as well, does that mean he was going to shoot an orange?

Also, have you listened to the 911 call? He says its fucking cold right when he gets out of the car. But I am sure you will discount that as well.

Also for the "they always get away" line. Doesn't he say "these assholes, they always get away"? I am sure out of the what 50 other calls he made in the past year? He was certainly chasing around black people all the time right? Or maybe he meant they always get away because he is screwed up and thinks anyone walking around is suspicious. His history points to the latter.

But again people who don't know what they are talking about, narrowing down, picking a few words here and there, and acting like they put it all together. Most of you are as bad as NBC.

#674 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hm.

I have to say, I was 100% in the party that thought Zimmerman said the slur.

Assuming CNN doesn't have an agenda here, I'm inclined to switch sides w/r/t the word used.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#675 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

I know my own experience is anecdotal, but I constantly say random things like that, especially between akward pauses in a phone call where you are reporting information to someone. I just did it the other day on the phone with my insurance agent, and he wanted my VIN number. While I was unlocking my car doors, I just blurted out that is was chilly outside.

Anecdotal I know, but this stuff happens, to say that you think the chances of him degrading a particular race are greater or more likely because he is white (kind of), is racial profiling in and of itself.

That is frowned upon around here.....unless it is a white guy.

Wow, why don't you people (with this ridiculous mindset) understand what racism and racial profiling are before you start just throwing it around? My dog!!!! Look up "racial profiling" before butchering it to use to apply to yourself and those who benefit institutionally from white privilege!

Edited by joeboosauce, 16 April 2012 - 06:36 PM.
Highlighted word because methinks some people don't understand word "institutionally."

Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#676 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Wow, why don't you people (with this ridiculous mindset) understand what racism and racial profiling are before you start just throwing it around? My dog!!!! Look up "racial profiling" before butchering it to use to apply to yourself and those who benefit institutionally from white privilege!

Because an equal society is a society in which discrimination can occur because your skin color is considered "priviledged". Amiright!?

#677 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Because an equal society is a society in which discrimination can occur because your skin color is considered "priviledged". Amiright!?

Racial profiling deals with LAW ENFORCEMENT. Get it? Those guys wearing blue uniforms? FBI, etc. Not you, not me. I'm sure the Wikipedia entry could clear this up for you.

Privilege is a fact. It being based on skin color is too. Unless you don't do too much of that reading thing especially on the subject...
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#678 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

He was probably carrying a gun when he went grocery shopping as well, does that mean he was going to shoot an orange?

Also, have you listened to the 911 call? He says its fucking cold right when he gets out of the car. But I am sure you will discount that as well.

Also for the "they always get away" line. Doesn't he say "these assholes, they always get away"? I am sure out of the what 50 other calls he made in the past year? He was certainly chasing around black people all the time right? Or maybe he meant they always get away because he is screwed up and thinks anyone walking around is suspicious. His history points to the latter.

But again people who don't know what they are talking about, narrowing down, picking a few words here and there, and acting like they put it all together. Most of you are as bad as NBC.

:applause:People will hear/see what they want to see and hear to support their argument.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#679 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

:applause:People will hear/see what they want to see and hear to support their argument.

Oh yes, when Zimmerman was told to stay where he was he must have heard the exact opposite.

#680 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Oh yes, when Zimmerman was told to stay where he was he must have heard the exact opposite.

I was waiting for someone to bring this up..

how the HELL is "we don't need you to do that" (what the dispatcher said word for word)

translated to

"Told to stay where he is"

My God. "we don't need you do do that" isn't even a fucking command.

#681 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

I was waiting for someone to bring this up..

how the HELL is "we don't need you to do that" (what the dispatcher said word for word)

Was it opposite day?

#682 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

"are you following him?"
"yes"
"ok we dont need you to do that"

Since it's obviously not a 'command' (not sure why GBAStar thinks that's relevant), it's completely and utterly meaningless. At least to Zimmerman.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#683 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

I was getting ready to post this exact thing when I saw your post.:applause: I will just add what was said on that part of the tape has no bearing on this case since even experts can't say 100% what exactly was said.

What gets me is the new term created by the media "white-hispanic". What the hell is that about?

It was mentioned in an article that someone on Rush's staff found that when Zimmerman was referenced to as a "White Hispanic" by the NY Times it was only the FOURTH time in the publications history that that word had been used.

Was it opposite day?

That's the best you can do? Derp.

Zimmerman was never commanded to stop, stay put, or return to his car. But you can continue to make up stories.

#684 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Harping on "white-Hispanic" is more about changing the narrative from "white guy kills black kid" to "another minority(not-white) kills a black kid" so it becomes "this isn't really racist" or "see, minorities can be racist too!" while ignoring that Zimmerman is described as white on the police report, which leads to Zimmerman being treated as a white person and not a Hispanic/Latino person. If you need the last part explained to you, then you have a lot to learn about race and racism in this country.

#685 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'm still floored that people continue to defend Zimmerman. Even discounting the race issue the guy created the situation, plain and simple. Whether he followed him because he wanted to kill him, maim him, or kick some ass, the simple fact is that Martin was minding his own damn business before he was stalked and ended up dead.

#686 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Zimmerman was never commanded to stop, stay put, or return to his car. But you can continue to make up stories.

He wasn't told to do follow him and/or get out of his car nor did the dispatcher even imply it was a correct course of action.

You are making some phony distinction over what was "commanded".

Also, I never believed your mealy mouth BS but it appears as if the mask has completely slipped off.

#687 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

http://thinkprogress...hitbag-parents/

Nothing racist here folks!

#688 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

http://thinkprogress...hitbag-parents/

Nothing racist here folks!

Best part of the whole article:

For the record, Trayvon Martin’s mother is a program coordinator at the Miami-Dade Housing Authority. His father is a truck driver. So neither parent is “dependent” on welfare.

All his training as a firefighter isn't going to be able to put out all the flaming he will (and should) get.

I can already see the backpeddling he's gonna be doing though. "My comments weren't directed at Martin but rather the culture, blah, blah, blah..."

Also, get the Fuck out of here with this "he wasn't commanded" bullshit. When you get to the line at the grocery store no one comes over and "commands" you to stand in line, do they? Nevertheless, I hope you don't just butt ahead of everyone and start putting your stuff up on the belt.

"WE DON'T NEED YOU TO DO THAT" is enough of a command that any ADULT of average intelligence should comprehend to mean "don't get out of the fucking car, butt the Fuck out of the situation, and let the police do their fucking job."

Staggering that you can defend Zimmerman's actions with such bullshit, meaningless distinctions. You realize how much a stretch that is right? Trying to say "we don't need you to do that" isn't the equivalent of "don't do that"... Astounding.

#689 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

"the ghetto hoodie look"

god kill me if i ever become this white

#690 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Harping on "white-Hispanic" is more about changing the narrative from "white guy kills black kid" to "another minority(not-white) kills a black kid" so it becomes "this isn't really racist" or "see, minorities can be racist too!"[...]

So... umm... why bother with the "white-Hispanic" part then? Why not just call him Hispanic? I mean, we don't call Obama white-African or such.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."