GameFly March 2012 Sale - Under $15 Blowout

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#151 rlb543

rlb543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

what's the good word on killzone 3 being worth $15?

#152 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

I would buy crysis 2 but its by ea and they'll probably shut the servers down next month.

#153 celegus

celegus

Kupo for Kupo Nuts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

I personally thought it was pretty terrible, and I absolutely loved the 2nd one. The 3rd just felt rushed and unfinished and uninteresting.

#154 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

Yeah it's out of stock already. It might come back in stock so keep checking.

I have a feeling it's going to turn into the NMH trend. In stock, and then back out. Very annoying to say the least. Just add Catherine for the same price, and I'll be a happy man.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#155 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

My picks

El Shaddai
Shadows of the Damned
Space Marine
Deus Ex

Can't beat all those titles for 43+ tax
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#156 rlb543

rlb543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

I personally thought it was pretty terrible, and I absolutely loved the 2nd one. The 3rd just felt rushed and unfinished and uninteresting.

enough said. still may pick it up down the road if it dips under $10, hard to refuse anything at that point.

#157 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

it's good, but understand that it's killzone built entirely around copying the COD style gameplay, minus terrible story and set pieces, of course. if you're coming fresh off of killzone 2, you probably won't like the single player of killzone 3 at all, as it seems like a major step back in terms of gameplay and story. And overall artistic design has been completely changed from the bleak and gritty killzone 2. its all bright and colorful now, not really my cup of tea imo.

#158 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

When will alice hit 10 already ?
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#159 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

I would buy crysis 2 but its by ea and they'll probably shut the servers down next month.

I highly doubt EA would shut down the servers for the game next month. Crysis 2 just turned 1 year old, and the lengthy single player is worth the $10.

#160 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

Finally bought El Shaddai, I've wanted to try it out for a while.

It sucks. Enjoy!

#161 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

havent played any assassins creed, is brotherhood vital to the story?
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#162 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

I just got the platinum a few months ago. It still has a decent community, at least on PS3. It's in no danger of being shut down any time soon.

#163 dominator

dominator

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

Hmm, looks like I'm getting Alice and Portal 2... Really thinking about getting Captain America, Transformers, Green Lantern and Shadows of the damned, but I may just wait to rent them since I have a blockbuster pass anyways. Anyways, thanks Cheapy and OP!

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#164 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

It sucks. Enjoy!

I saw video of el shaddai and I said to myself "my god this looks like digital hypno weed !"
Imagine playing it while you are smoking as the games visuals are interesting to say the least lol. As for the gameplay it looked boring to me so ill pass
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#165 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

I saw video of el shaddai and I said to myself "my god this looks like digital hypno weed !"
Imagine playing it while you are smoking as the games visuals are interesting to say the least lol. As for the gameplay it looked boring to me so ill pass

The visuals didn't even impress me all that much. They're all right, but I barely remember what the game looked like. The gamplay itself is so boring, so generic. Possibly the most overrated game of the year last year. I'm sorry I even paid $11 at gamestop when I did.

#166 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

For what it's worth, I adored Killzone 3, both the single player and the multiplayer. Keep in mind, if you have a Family Video around you, it's $10 there and there games are usually in good condition.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#167 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

With enough backlog to last me eons, I picked up Rage and Warhammer Space Marines, for a little over $20, it was just right pricewise. Was hoping for a few others to drop in price, but oh well.

#168 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

Is there a single thing Captain America does better than the Batman games? I'm thinking of picking it up but the game looks like an early 360 game.

And I don't like how this Cap looks like he's barely out of high school. Give me the one with hair on his chest who can take down the Hulk.

#169 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

I kind of want something to hold me over until the Witcher 2. Would you guys recommend Crysis 2 or Warhammer Space marine for 360? ( I don't have too much gaming to play both, so I kind of just want to focus on 1 game for now)

#170 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

It sucks. Enjoy!

I LOL'D.

On topic: thanks, OP, picked up a copy of Cap for PS3. On top of the copy of Warhammer i bought from Gamefly the other day. And the copies of SotD, Alice and Mass Effect 2 i bought from the EA sale last week... come to think of it, curse you, OP!

#171 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

Awesome to see this sale. Except that I just bought Driver, Deus Ex, and Space Marine from them. been playing space mahweeen all night.

#172 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

Picked up Captain America on the PS3. Great deal. Looking to grab one more game but haven't figured out which one...

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#173 Cmw7290

Cmw7290

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Thanks OP in for Dungeon Siege III

#174 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

In for an Alice and a Deus Ex 360. Never played either franchise. Looking forward to going in blind.

Love the Gamefly sales. I stopped the rental service years ago, but I'm always signed in for the used sales. The games are always in very nice condition.

#175 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

got dead space 2, finally!!! loved #1
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#176 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

Finally got Captain America! Game always sells out quick @these Gamefly sales. As far as El Shaddai goes ignore the trolls. No the game isn't some newfound masterpiece but for the cheap price it's a great buy and if you appreciate super funky visuals you'll probably dig it!

#177 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

Picked up 3 games for ps3. Thank you for posting guys.

KneeKnee.png

#178 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

It sucks. Enjoy!

Don't listen to the troll. El Shaddai was actually one of my fav games of last year. very underrated and quite a visual feast.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#179 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Tempted on Driver: San Francisco after hearing how much Cheapy loves it... but it seems like it's on sale every other week. Got a feeling it's gonna drop a few more bucks ;). haha, I know--I'm too cheap.

havent played any assassins creed, is brotherhood vital to the story?

Yes. You need to play ACII before Brotherhood though. They are directly related. I say you could skip AC1 because it kind of sucks in comparison (too repetitive). It was awesome (for me) when I first got my 360, but looking back on it, it wasn't that great. ACII had an awesome story, and Brotherhood improved upon it's controls and streamlined everything a bit more. Also, online multiplayer is pretty fun and nerve-wracking, haha.

#180 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

So pissed I paid 19.99 for Captain America recently! At 8.99, that's a no-brainer! Thanks OP!
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol