NewEgg:Child of Eden PS3/X360... Valkyria Chronicles $15.99 Each w/Free Shipping

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Valkyria Chronicles is a good game, bought it from newegg a few months ago for the same price.

Was not impressed by CoE but loved VC.

I should NEVER, EVER believe that a game is going to be rare ever again. VC, Deathsmiles, RFF...

Bought Valkyria for $25 when I thought it was going rare, and don't regret it one bit. Best game on PS3, and one of my favorite games of not only this gen, but all time. If you have even the slightest interest in the game, get it. I was skeptical and never thought I could get into an SRPG, but this game won me over completely. Get it.

For a game that supposedly didn't/doesn't sell very well, Sega sure seems to like keeping this in print.

It's an awesome game. I just wish the sequels were on the PS3 instead of the PSP. Fingers crossed for HD versions (however unlikely).

[quote name='Ecofreak']For the love of all things wonderful in gaming, please buy Valkyria Chronicles!
[/QUOTE]

Done. This better be good.. :shock:

[quote name='Ecofreak']For the love of all things wonderful in gaming, please buy Valkyria Chronicles!

Still my #1 PS3 game.[/QUOTE]

You guys are seriously pushing this Val game hard...

I enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles quite a bit too. Probably the most tactical fun I've had since Jagged Alliance 2 way back when.

[quote name='Vinny']For a game that supposedly didn't/doesn't sell very well, Sega sure seems to like keeping this in print.

It's an awesome game. I just wish the sequels were on the PS3 instead of the PSP. Fingers crossed for HD versions (however unlikely).[/QUOTE]
Surprisingly the VC official guide book went out of print instead of the game. Hoping for VC2 and VC3 to be remastered in HD on PS3 also, like the god of war PSP games.

Valkyria Chronicles has been staring at me for too long without me giving in and purchasing, picked up a copy.

Thanks OP

[quote name='abhinav']You guys are seriously pushing this Val game hard...[/QUOTE]

I don't write many blog posts (and they get even less attention), but I did write one almost THREE YEARS AGO exactly about how wonderful the game is and why people should buy it back when Gamestop was selling it for $35. Even got 47 comments.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?u=12989

I still stand by Every. fucking. Single. Word. of that blog.

And just to add icing -- Valkyria Chronicles has an average customer rating of 4.7/5 out of 256 reviews on Amazon.com (In comparison, Uncharted 2 has 4.8/5). If that's not God-like good, I don't know what is.

[quote name='Blaster man']VC seems WAY over priced for a game that's so old. That should be on clearance for like $3.[/QUOTE]
Heavenly Sword fits your description more likely, VC is actually way under valued for a game this good.

[quote name='madcyantist']still on the fence about VC.. really want it but want it cheaper.. lol[/QUOTE]

Then I guess you're not really an "Impulsive Buyer" like your user tag states. :lol:

Got stuck in VC, although it was clever until I did.

I've decided I'd like to buy the sequel now, but of course I can't find it LOL

[quote name='Wolfpup']Got stuck in VC, although it was clever until I did.

I've decided I'd like to buy the sequel now, but of course I can't find it LOL[/QUOTE]

You mean VC2 for the PSP? Amazon has it for $20. I got through, like 90% of the game, then my PSP crapped out (turns on, but no screen or sound). Now that I have a Vita, I need to see if I can at least transfer the file over.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Was not impressed by CoE but loved VC.

I should NEVER, EVER believe that a game is going to be rare ever again. VC, Deathsmiles, RFF...[/QUOTE]

Just hold on to your copy of Suikoden 2.

[quote name='Ecofreak']You mean VC2 for the PSP? Amazon has it for $20. I got through, like 90% of the game, then my PSP crapped out (turns on, but no screen or sound). Now that I have a Vita, I need to see if I can at least transfer the file over.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, though I'm sort of paranoid about 3rd party sellers...hmm...I think I'm going to pick up one last spare PSP from Kmart tonight, and I THINK they might have VC2 in stock, in which case I'll just go for it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Thanks, though I'm sort of paranoid about 3rd party sellers...hmm...I think I'm going to pick up one last spare PSP from Kmart tonight, and I THINK they might have VC2 in stock, in which case I'll just go for it.[/QUOTE]
Search for "Valkyria Chronicles 2 Bundle Pack" on the PS Store. Its being offered for $22.49 which includes the full game and a $5 DLC which offers an additional 22 missions.

Thanks OP. I just ordered the 360 version so that I can try to get some use out of this nearly worthless Kinect. I missed it the first time this game was priced at $15.99.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Thanks OP. I just ordered the 360 version so that I can try to get some use out of this nearly worthless Kinect. I missed it the first time this game was priced at $15.99.[/QUOTE]

Wait. What? I can't imagine the Kinect being, nearly, worthless! :whistle2:# It has to, at least, be better than the PS Move. However, Medieval Moves might make me feel a tad differently about PS Move... whenever I get around to getting that game.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Wait. What? I can't imagine the Kinect being, nearly, worthless! :whistle2:# It has to, at least, be better than the PS Move. However, Medieval Moves might make me feel a tad differently about PS Move... whenever I get around to getting that game.[/QUOTE]
Grand slam tennis 2 is pretty nice on the Move

Lol. Played mine, once, and it has been sitting. Good thing I got it for $50. The Sports Champion bundle... from NewEgg(I think), last year.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Wait. What? I can't imagine the Kinect being, nearly, worthless! :whistle2:# It has to, at least, be better than the PS Move. However, Medieval Moves might make me feel a tad differently about PS Move... whenever I get around to getting that game.[/QUOTE]
No, he's right. The Kinect is nearly useless. Fruit Ninja is it's only redeeming quality. It is a poor substitute for a real controller. The voice commands are hit and miss. As someone who owns both the Move and Kinect, I prefer the Move. It's functionality is much more consistent across all games.
Find a cheap Sharpshooter for the Move and play Killzone 3. Now THAT is fun.

Movement is essentially worthless. Project Shitbox is entirely so. You use it to pull out of your Star Wars bundle to make some of the money back :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Movement is essentially worthless. Project Shitbox is entirely so. You use it to pull out of your Star Wars bundle to make some of the money back :lol:[/QUOTE]

OMG! A White Kinect! Buy! Buy! Buy! lol

I see one going on ebay for $75. Pulled from the White SE bundle.

[quote name='Vader582']No, he's right. The Kinect is nearly useless. Fruit Ninja is it's only redeeming quality. It is a poor substitute for a real controller. The voice commands are hit and miss. As someone who owns both the Move and Kinect, I prefer the Move. It's functionality is much more consistent across all games.
Find a cheap Sharpshooter for the Move and play Killzone 3. Now THAT is fun.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Honestly, lately I have been looking to get a shooting attachment for it. A lot of shooting games look the same, to me, but I have been thinking about giving it a go!

Hmmm... Gonna go see if PSN still has that free multiplayer! Hope I don't suck hard like I did when they had Gotham City Imposters.:hot:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Movement is essentially worthless. Project Shitbox is entirely so. You use it to pull out of your Star Wars bundle to make some of the money back :lol:[/QUOTE]
:shock:

VC is amazing, for that price I'm considering just picking up a sealed copy as a collector to one of my favorite games this gen and easily the most memorable.

[quote name='htz']Surprisingly the VC official guide book went out of print instead of the game. Hoping for VC2 and VC3 to be remastered in HD on PS3 also, like the god of war PSP games.[/QUOTE]
Why would you get my hopes up like that?! ;)

bread's done
Back