CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Journey is one of the worst video games ever

It is a damn fine piece of art though

#302 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

Looking for 2 copies of Trine 2, 2 copies of Saints Row 2, or RE4/CVX. I can pay with $10 amazon or $11.30 bestbuy canada

#303 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

Selling ME3+DLC $20

#304 bastiartadi

bastiartadi

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

but, as in realistically frustrating?

Yes but they could have done a better job. Make (some) of the levels shorter. Bad decisions will haunt you for the rest of the game unless you start from the beginning of the chapter. Either that or you can decide to retry to a previous checkpoint.

IAA has a great concept but it falls short. There are spaces where you seem to fit, but can't. There are jumps where you should be able to make, but don't. There are drops that are perfectly possible to land but you die when you do. I just hate that I have to die just to check out a section.

Journey is one of the worst video games ever

It is a damn fine piece of art though

Haha. It all depends on what you expect going in. Did you really expect to do something else rather than move from a thatgamecompany game?

Let's face it, if you hated flower, you'll most likely hate Journey too. If you like flower, you'll love Journey.

Great source for PSN prices: http://www.psnprices.com/

#305 iwarboY

iwarboY

Awesomesauce.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

ha. what the heck are you supposed to actually do in journey?? / i played for about 10 minutes and didn't see any objectives.. is online only maybe?

iwarboy.png549785.png
"Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God for He will abundantly pardon" (Isa. 55:6-7). - Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last. - C.T. Studd

#306 Dammenion

Dammenion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

ha. what the heck are you supposed to actually do in journey?? / i played for about 10 minutes and didn't see any objectives.. is online only maybe?

Not so much online only as online just adds companions, which in turn make the game that much more involving. I always hated leaving a companion when they wanted to move on. Ended up completing the game 3 extra times just to avoid leaving someone behind.

The whole idea of Journey is your personal journey to the to the peak of the mountain. SO if your ever lost just head towards that, it will become clear soon enough....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#307 bastiartadi

bastiartadi

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

Not so much online only as online just adds companions, which in turn make the game that much more involving. I always hated leaving a companion when they wanted to move on. Ended up completing the game 3 extra times just to avoid leaving someone behind.

The whole idea of Journey is your personal journey to the to the peak of the mountain. SO if your ever lost just head towards that, it will become clear soon enough....

Much much much more enjoyable with a companion. Was lucky enough to have one from start to finish on my very first game. Is there any way to play with each other on this or is the multiplayer totally random?

#308 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

Oddly enough I found it difficult to get any companion to do anything I was expecting them to do. In the end I had the meet 10 travelers trophy and still couldnt get anyone to sit and meditate despite me following them, getting their attention and then promptly sitting down. I had a couple of them sitting down for about 5-10 seconds then getting back up and wandering off lol. I enjoyed much more solo, although it would have been fun to have someone here join me on the Journey.

#309 bastiartadi

bastiartadi

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

Oddly enough I found it difficult to get any companion to do anything I was expecting them to do. In the end I had the meet 10 travelers trophy and still couldnt get anyone to sit and meditate despite me following them, getting their attention and then promptly sitting down. I had a couple of them sitting down for about 5-10 seconds then getting back up and wandering off lol. I enjoyed much more solo, although it would have been fun to have someone here join me on the Journey.

True. But besides getting them to meditate, everything else is much more fun. It will be hard to play with someone when you're going for the trophies though.

#310 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Planning to start playing Journey today for the first time. I can join you. Can I add you?

I heard that two players can join the same server if you start a new journey at the same time.

I think the first time is better alone or with someone that doesnt know where everything is, I'd probably ruin it for you lol. I've actually played it 4 times already and replayed several chapters multiple times just to get that damn meditation trophy :lol:. Had I played this game immediately after it was released I think it would have been better because it was new to everyone at that time. Its kinda weird though because you don't know who your companion is until the end, and if you only meet them in a chapter you never know lol.

#311 bastiartadi

bastiartadi

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

I think the first time is better alone or with someone that doesnt know where everything is, I'd probably ruin it for you lol. I've actually played it 4 times already and replayed several chapters multiple times just to get that damn meditation trophy :lol:. Had I played this game immediately after it was released I think it would have been better because it was new to everyone at that time. Its kinda weird though because you don't know who your companion is until the end, and if you only meet them in a chapter you never know lol.

I actually loved the fact that you don't know who they are. The game actually reminds me of Wall-E (the movie). The fact that you can tell a story without uttering a single word makes it wonderful.

EDIT: On a side note, I LOVE Nier. Finally, a GoW like game with a great story and side quests. Soundtrack is hella good too.

#312 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Hey just a heads up if you don't already know: Mass Effect 3 will be getting free dlc this tuesday. Titled 'Resurgence' it brings new characters, new maps & new weapons. And Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut releases this summer.

#313 whitedemon

whitedemon

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

NSYNC, it was me who goot kicked from the group, because I am not at home to download the games and the rest decided they don't want to wait.

#314 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Awesome, glad you're enjoying it as much as I did. The soundtrack is definitely one of the best I've heard in years.

On a side note, I LOVE Nier. Finally, a GoW like game with a great story and side quests. Soundtrack is hella good too.

Posted Image

#315 ChalupaBatman

ChalupaBatman

Linsanityyyyy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

is sr3 coming out this week?

5r8h3bp.gif

#316 rams81

rams81

RAMiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Nope.

http://blog.us.plays...2-new-releases/

#317 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Selling/Trading -
-Hasbro Family Game Night 1 & 3
-The Baconing
-Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC

#318 charles

charles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

-I got CBG on psn, I'll message him.

No need, we talked a few days ago and the problem is he doesn't know what date of birth he used, so he can't recover the account.

#319 Bigwig_rah

Bigwig_rah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

The full game trial for PS+ comes out on the 17th, so we can assume the game itself lands then too.

#320 El-Producto

El-Producto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

OK, since the Journey/I Am Alive share has fallen through.

I'm looking for a share of Journey.. phantom preferred.

#321 charles

charles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

Battlefield 3 resellable share for sale, $15 and ready to go!

pending out to frombrknwings

edit: and sold to him, thank you sir

Edited by charles, 09 April 2012 - 02:50 AM.

#322 IronOperations

IronOperations

Got Bite by a Walker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

look for a I am Alive share kinda new to this go easy on me

#323 dcibass16

dcibass16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

Selling a FIFA 12 share. PM me if interested.

#324 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

I have BF3 resellabe. Batman Imposters resellable and 5$ or best offer :)

Kamagii.png

#325 MethodManFTW

MethodManFTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

@NSYNC - Still got a spot in that Driver group?

Also...

Currently looking for shares of:
AC1
AC:B DLC (The DiVinci Disappearance)
AC:R DLC

#326 skylinersx

skylinersx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

I'll be getting a $20 PSN card. Edit- @Bastiartadi- I have Clash. I haven't played much PVP yet as a few of the teams seem quite unbalanced, but I would be up for some tries. Lol the dialogue in that game was terrrrrible but the gameplay itself was great. A little difficult for colorblind people such as myself, but I managed. My PSN is same as my name here.

Are we still getting I am Alive and Journey? Please let us have a update.....

#327 Tom Jane

Tom Jane

I want my kids back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

I was planning on playing 30mins of Journey last night but two journeys later and it's already 3 in the morning. Definitely a must play. Much more enjoyable with a companion with you. Easily top 3 downlodable titles.

I Am Alive is a 6/10, maybe a 7. There are times where it's really good and times where it's crazy frustrating.

Glad to hear it. Got in on the beta and...never played it. :cry: Definitely piques my interest. Not a fan of flOw, but loved Flower.
I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.

#328 jamehze

jamehze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Also selling a PS+ account (activated 10.30.11). 7 months worth of content left. - $12

I find it crazy that no one wants this share. It's basically a 6 month timeshare of all the games below + whatever comes out in the next 6 months.

Isn't this also a little bit overpriced? A 1 year PS+ share should be $10 right? I figure most people in this thread who want plus already have it especially after Sony gave away all those 1 month codes.

Anyway on a separate note, I've been playing some NBA Jam OFE and it's really not as good as people claim. The AI is incredibly frustrating at the higher difficulties, which forces you to stick to one play style, and online players almost always use the same teams. I don't usually play sports games so is this normal?

#329 Dammenion

Dammenion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

Isn't this also a little bit overpriced? A 1 year PS+ share should be $10 right? I figure most people in this thread who want plus already have it especially after Sony gave away all those 1 month codes.

It's actually $50 a year if you bought it on your main. And like $17 for 3 month..
Posted ImagePosted Image

#330 Bhoya

Bhoya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

Selling a FIFA 12 share. PM me if interested.

PMing, will take that.