Gamestop NOT Honoring Some Xenoblade Pre-Orders With The Artbook

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Crostpost from all over the net:

I preordered this December 28,2011. Gamestop will NOT give anyone the artbook that has preordered after 3/26. PLUS anyone who preordered it BEFORE they started offering it on there website will NOT get it as well. Yes I know there's a wii thread but I think this needs it's own to get the info out there before this game releases friday.

Seriously gamestop. You bring this over to america and pull this crap? NO stores in my area out of the 3 will be getting this. There all marked "no premium" I had a LONG LONG talk with one of there workers today and he even called other stores/managers. This is a huge mistake gamestop as a company is making. The workers there did NOTHING wrong. But "corporate" has made a huge massive mistake. I will not be the only one like this and it will be much worse with other customers I'm sure.

For the record too I didn't cuss anyone out/use any cuss words/yell/or anything else. That just makes it a lot worse. And much harder to solve this problem.

PLEASE spread the word about this all over the net. Every forum you post on about video games, facebook, twitter, tumblr, google+, etc etc. If enough people go about this in the right way and not just cuss them out in a rage something could get done here.

And yes I wrote this. Just crossposting from all the places I post at.

[quote name='Gosha']I ordered it online about a month ago and see the premium still in my order. Will I get it still?[/QUOTE]

yes you are fine, he isn't because he pre-ordered before the premium was available. Which i don't see why he didn't just ask if they auto updated it to include an artbook or not months ago and would have skipped all this confusion.

GS isn't at fault, you are for not checking to see if you would get it months ago. Amazon is the only retailer i know of that auto updates orders to include newer bonuses.

I pre ordered this the first week that it was announced, when I was in the store today the clerk said there wasn't different sku's and I would definitely get it.

I did check while it was offered and was told I would get it. There trying to say that
ONLY people who pre-ordered during that exact time frame of when it was offered on
there website.

Can someone please post the SKU of the Xenoblades pre-order with art book? I pre-ordered this on 2/24, but I can't tell based on the receipt if I will get the art book.

So can you elaborate on your source from "all over the net" on this one? I'm not finding anything at all on this on any of the "big" message boards like Gamefaqs or GAF, and Google finds nothing besides a near exact copy of your OP from a SRK user which I'm going to assume is you. In fact a couple people on Gamefaqs have already confirmed with their local Gamestop that they're still getting it even if they pre-ordered prior to the book being offered, and I just called and confirmed that myself.

You need to provide an actual source on this.

wow, this is disappointing if true. How hard can it be to produce these bonus art books? I've seen the pics and it's not like they're producing anything fancy or elaborate.

But maybe this is a good sign that pre-orders are exceeding expectations.

In any case, if I get gypped out of an art book, I will just get a refund. I already have an European copy, so I couldn't care less.

What stupid logic. Only those who pre-ordered during the time frame? How about giving it to the first ones who pre-ordered in first come first serve fashion? That would seem to make a lot more sense instead of punishing people for being diligent in their effort to reserve their copy early.

Idiots.

The guy at my store told me I get the book even though it says no premium. I preordered in late February. I'll still be at GameStop early to get my copy

Man, all couple hundred people, tops, will really stick it to Gamestop for this one...

Lol seriously, how many people do you honestly think will "rage?" Like Gamestop gives a fuck, they have all the Call of Duty bros and Haloz and kiddie games.

I'm pretty sure I pre-ordered in the correct timeframe to get the book. I probably won't even open the fucking thing. Shame, really. Lol.

Hmm..I checked by Gamestop online order and its states "Xenoblade" Premium edition as the sale, I'm hoping that Xenoblade description and SKU include the artbook.

Edit: I did screenshot the order and printed, so if Gamestop doesn't honour the game and artbook, I want my full refund and going to a GS store to get it.

Crap. Just checked my receipt and it says "No Premium". I guess I'm going to have to go early on Friday to insure myself that I get one or I'm cancelling 5 pre-orders on their asses.

I guess I won't be getting the art book, then. But I'm having trouble mustering much outrage, even though I usually leap at the chance to get worked up about GameStop. I mean, it's more of a pamphlet than a book.

I pre-ordered mine in-store about three weeks ago so I SHOULD be safe. I'll admit that I might get a little pissed if I don't get an art-book along with my order

I don't foresee anyone "raging" over this incident , to be honest. It's just a paltry little art book. We'll get over it. ;)

[quote name='11440']I guess I won't be getting the art book, then. But I'm having trouble mustering much outrage, even though I usually leap at the chance to get worked up about GameStop. I mean, it's more of a pamphlet than a book.[/QUOTE]

That pamphlet is worth a ton as a resale value, if you're a seller or an awesome piece of art collection for a gamer. I myself don't buy games at MSRP, unless there's some awesome goodies, like NISA and Atlus bundles provide.

I don't think the "window" applies to in-store. In the store I don't think there is a special SKU for orders. They just see you pre-ordered it and those who pre-order get the artbook.

The only question is will local stores even get them in their shipments?

Pretty sure the person is wrong...I, as well as many others, have contacted gamestop and have written confirmation that we will indeed be getting the art book if we ordered before it was announced. People who ordered AFTER a certain date I can understand being left out.

[quote name='keine']I don't foresee anyone "raging" over this incident , to be honest. It's just a paltry little art book. We'll get over it. ;)[/QUOTE]

You don't know people very well. People will rage over the dumbest things.

[quote name='NolbertoS']That pamphlet is worth a ton as a resale value[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this "pamphlet" will have a "ton" of resale value, but being able to get money for something you got for free is a nice turnaround.

Seeing as I ordered first day announced and it lists 2 items on my order: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES - Wii and Premium for Xenoblade Chronicl, I call BS on this report.

I just checked my online order that I placed on 12/2 and it shows "Premium for Xenoblade chronicles" on my order details.

[quote name='keine']I'm not sure if this "pamphlet" will have a "ton" of resale value, but being able to get money for something you got for free is a nice turnaround.[/QUOTE]

Yup, most definitely.

The Valkyria Chronicles art book for pre-ordering the game cost a pretty penny. I'm not saying the Xenoblades art book will have the same value but there is precedence.

[quote name='Slashlen']*Another* reminder that Gamestop sucks, but I'm just glad that we're getting the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad too, but I'm really curious as to how many reasons people need to stop buying from them. :roll:

[quote name='Gainer']Seeing as I ordered first day announced and it lists 2 items on my order: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES - Wii and Premium for Xenoblade Chronicl, I call BS on this report.[/QUOTE]

Strange. I ordered online on 1/19 for in-store pickup, and mine doesn't say that. :/

I preordered the day it was available on Gamestop. Checking my online order, it shows the artbook is included in the order.

This sounds like a bunch of hullabaloo about something that has yet to be confirmed (and that just isn't going to happen until Friday).

[quote name='knightsdwn']Yup, most definitely.

The Valkyria Chronicles art book for pre-ordering the game cost a pretty penny. I'm not saying the Xenoblades art book will have the same value but there is precedence.[/QUOTE]

I just checked eBay about VC's art book and you're right.

$40+ for a bonus art book is a pretty penny indeed.

It will be interesting to see what this Xenoblade art book can end up fetching.

Ah good times about the VC art book. I was working at GS at the time and I was the only person at the GS to pre-order VC and the store got sent two of the art book so my manager let me have both. Sold on on ebay like a year later and have the other with my design archives.

How do you tell if it is premium? I looked in order history and althought I ordered in January it does not say premium?
EDIT: It looks like I ordered too soon? This will be most unfortunate if GameStop punishes people who preorder early.

click on your Xenoblade order and it should list two separate items to be shipped: the game itself and the premium item.

I pre ordered on the 22nd of January and it just says Xenoblade Chronic.
I then paid of the pre order on the 4th of March and it Xenibladeo blade Chronicles GSExclusi
I'm calling BS on this honestly they've never done anything like this and I don't think they'll start now.

Wow. Unbelievable if this is true. I pre-ordered it just two days after the reported cutoff point (March 26 instead of March 24).

I made it all the way to Nintendo.com's payment page before deciding to switch to Gamestop, simply because Nintendo.com didn't offer the pre-order art book bonus.. which made me cringe as I'm not particularly fond of many of Gamestop's business practices. This makes me wish I would have ordered from Nintendo after all.

And don't be so quick to say "oh, you should have just pre-ordered earlier." For many of us with fluctuating incomes, that's not really a safe option.

As a self-supporting full-time university student with two majors, enrolled with the maximum number of allowed credits, my first goal is to ensure that I can pay rent/tuition/bills with the few hours I have available to work (taking on freelance programming jobs; steady employment is hard to come by when you only have ~10-15 hours available per week). Responsibly, I placed my pre-order on the very same day I received payment from my most recent job.

Anyway, I'll do as everyone else is doing and just run up there early in the morning before class.. hopefully that'll work.

[quote name='KtMack23']I'm calling BS on this honestly they've never done anything like this and I don't think they'll start now.[/QUOTE]
I beg to differ. Back when GTA IV came out, they were originally supposed to be giving out license plates that were GTA themed with every pre-order. I stopped at the one GS doing a midnight launch for it just before going to Wally World to grab a Special Edition there and I was told they only received TWO in for the 30+ pre-orders they had for the game.

So they said they were going to raffle off those two plates at the midnight launch. I've also heard of shady GS employees telling people who pre-ordered that they didn't receive enough pre-order bonuses and keeping those artbooks and what not and eBaying them later on.

So this is why I don't doubt that some people may likely get screwed out of this artbook. Mind ya, most of these bonus artbooks end up being some lil piddily ass 12-20 page booklet that looks flimsy as hell in the first place.

Now if the pre-order bonus was something that looked like one of those World Of Warcraft Atlases(or the green covered Art Of World Of Warcraft book), then that'd be something to salivate over. But I've had artbooks like these before(GTA IV SE, Rise Of The Argonauts) and they're meh at best.

[quote name='Slashlen']*Another* reminder that Gamestop sucks, but I'm just glad that we're getting the game.[/QUOTE]
as much as people shit on GS, i have been shopping there since it was babbages as well as EB and have never had any problems with them.

never got a opened game sold as "new" and they have always honored their pre-order stuff, then again i don't buy used from them or trade in with them so i don't have a hard on for them like most people on the internet.

It's a big corporation, people act as if GS is the only game store that has shitty practices, or the only store in general that has shitty practices.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I beg to differ. Back when GTA IV came out, they were originally supposed to be giving out license plates that were GTA themed with every pre-order. I stopped at the one GS doing a midnight launch for it just before going to Wally World to grab a Special Edition there and I was told they only received TWO in for the 30+ pre-orders they had for the game.

So they said they were going to raffle off those two plates at the midnight launch.

So this is why I don't doubt that some people may likely get screwed out of this artbook. Mind ya, most of these bonus artbooks end up being some lil piddily ass 12-20 page booklet that looks flimsy as hell in the first place.

Now if the pre-order bonus was something that looked like one of those World Of Warcraft Atlases(or the green covered Art Of World Of Warcraft book), then that'd be something to salivate over. But I've had artbooks like these before(GTA IV SE, Rise Of The Argonauts) and they're meh at best.[/QUOTE]
That is completely different.
That's one store that didn't get enough pre order bonuses, not telling people they didn't pre order at the right time. the books will be first come first serve as always. Also, I doubt 30+ people pre ordered this at any one store.

[quote name='styl3s']as much as people shit on GS, i have been shopping there since it was babbages as well as EB and have never had any problems with them.

never got a opened game sold as "new" and they have always honored their pre-order stuff, then again i don't buy used from them or trade in with them so i don't have a hard on for them like most people on the internet.

It's a big corporation, people act as if GS is the only game store that has shitty practices, or the only store in general that has shitty practices.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure its just some bad stores. ALL of the ones here are awesome, never had any big problem, and the few i did have they always did their best to fix.

On the other hand, damn near every time i'm out of town and go to a gamestop, i end up getting jerk/douchey employees. Actually overheard one of them (In Atlanta, i live in Virginia) call an customer a "Nerd" after he left the store buying a few RPG's

I guess I'm not getting it. I preordered it online for in store pick up but my order is listed as just the game...:whistle2:/

Well, I'll go in on Friday and see.

bread's done
Back