95 replies to this topic

#31 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

I thought the

Spoiler
was pretty funny since it was so out of place.

That was hilarious.
Spoiler

#32 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

That was hilarious.

Spoiler

My favorite scene is:
Spoiler

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#33 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

My favorite scene is:

Spoiler

What made that payoff so awesomely was the setup in the early part of the movie
Spoiler

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#34 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed the film. It also helped that I saw it for $6.75, half the price of a film here in Chicago.:D

#35 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

$6.75, half the price of a film here in Chicago.:D

What the Fuck?
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#36 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

What the Fuck?

This is why I go to movies, like, once a year. Netflix FTW.

#37 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

That's pretty expensive. Movies here are always $6.75 before 6 and like...$8 after.

There's also a $2 theater here.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#38 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

This is why I go to movies, like, once a year. Netflix FTW.

Yeah, me too, but the regular tickets here are like $10.75, which is still significantly cheaper. They were $9 or so in Ohio. We've always gone to the matinee since moving here since it's "only" $8.75. This is less than 10 miles north of Boston. I think Boston is more expensive but still, damn.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#39 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

We do have a theater down the road that shows second-run films for $5, I think. I haven't been yet, but always wanted to buy the theater before someone else snatched it up, remodeled and reopened it.

There is another cheap theater not too far away that closed for remodeling, too. I think they also applied for a liquor license...

By the way, what did everyone who saw "Cabin" think of the new trailer for "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"? I cannot freaking wait to see that movie.

#40 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Trailer looked pretty fun for AL:VH. I read the book, and really enjoyed it. Hoping that the movie is at least as entertaining as the book.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#41 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Seth Grahame-Smith has a new book out called Unholy Night. Have it on hold at the library.

#42 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

I liked it for Bradley Whitford. It made me realize that there's a whole host of actors out there who probably fit Whedon-esque dialogue a lot better than Whedon's regulars (and that's not a slam on the regulars, just that the writing fits Whitford like a glove).

Who knows, maybe JW had nothing to do with writing the exchanges. In which case I guess I'm just saying that I like Bradley Whitford. The writing, at least with the scenes with Whitford and the other old dude I've seen in lots of films but can't identify, felt like Joss though: natural and kind of willfully oblivious to context in how unforced it is.

Also, not that the movie isn't fun, but for those who are worried about being spoiled: it's nothing to worry about. If you get spoiled, the movie won't be ruined much, if at all. There's not a twist, really, as much as there is a big joke, and the film wants you to be in on the joke from the very start. That's what is important: the joke. Not who lives or who dies or who the killer is.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

That's pretty expensive. Movies here are always $6.75 before 6 and like...$8 after.

There's also a $2 theater here.

Tickets are $10.50 here, except on Tuesday, which most of the movies playing are $5.

76561198003985248.png

#44 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

By the way, what did everyone who saw "Cabin" think of the new trailer for "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"? I cannot freaking wait to see that movie.

That movie will either suck complete ass or be really good. Hope it's the latter.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#45 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

It's $5 here before 12

#46 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Convinced a co-worker to go see the movie last night. She really enjoyed it.

Domestic Total as of Apr. 24, 2012: $28,839,977

#47 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Saw it last night, loved it. Reading about it and hating on it is god damn dumb. Go see the movie and how it's presented.

#48 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

Chris Hemmsworth ... *swoon*

#49 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

got it for free last night out of redbox and hated it... could of been so much better

what is worse heard they are thinking of doing a paranormal activity thing

(where the movie goes backwards where part 2 came before part 1. part 3 came before part 2 ect)

just an awful movie with so many plot holes it was not funny

(like the system purge, sorry but your going to need a key or pass code to do that)

those saying it was like

evil dead.... evil dead is a billion times better then this (well the 3rd part sucked ) 2nd part was okay

cabin fever... again i would watch fever 100 x before paying to see this again.. the first one 2nd one i run screaming from

it was just a very poor rip off of everyone elses ideas
WOOOO I STINK

#50 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

evil dead.... evil dead is a billion times better then this (well the 3rd part sucked ) 2nd part was okay

I was ok with your whole rant until I got to this part. People are comparing Cabin to Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, not really the first Evil Dead, because they're horror with a lot of comedic elements. Since you didn't like them, you wouldn't have liked Cabin, where everything is done tongue in cheek. But really, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are fucking amazing and you should feel bad for liking the first one better. But then again, you're slidecage, so who knows what's going on in your head.

#51 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

This felt like a Magnet release with big names attached to it.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

it was just a very poor rip off of everyone elses ideas

Totally dude. Like how spaceballs just ripped off Star Wars.

#53 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

I was ok with your whole rant until I got to this part. People are comparing Cabin to Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, not really the first Evil Dead, because they're horror with a lot of comedic elements. Since you didn't like them, you wouldn't have liked Cabin, where everything is done tongue in cheek. But really, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are fucking amazing and you should feel bad for liking the first one better. But then again, you're slidecage, so who knows what's going on in your head.

i have to go back and watch part 2 i think it was good but not really sure (cause it was years ago)

I know for a fact i hated ARMY of darkness cause they took a very good horror series and made it into a joke

i still stand and say the movie was very bad , too much crap going on too freaking dark ect ect ect. i just hope they dont start making the movies go backwards . Like i said movie could of been so much better but the entire ZOMBIE thing is so wore out its not even funny.

it would of been neat in a way if one of the extras on the DVD or RAY was how each creature would of been unlocked
WOOOO I STINK

#54 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

i have to go back and watch part 2 i think it was good but not really sure (cause it was years ago)

I know for a fact i hated ARMY of darkness cause they took a very good horror series and made it into a joke

i still stand and say the movie was very bad , too much crap going on too freaking dark ect ect ect. i just hope they dont start making the movies go backwards . Like i said movie could of been so much better but the entire ZOMBIE thing is so wore out its not even funny.

it would of been neat in a way if one of the extras on the DVD or RAY was how each creature would of been unlocked

I know, who wants comedy in a horror movie? They should have made 10 Evil Dead movies, all the same as the first! Would have never gotten old!
Posted Image

#55 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

You're all so fuc*ing stupid. Did you not understand it was making fun of other horror movies? It was a fantastic film. Bunch of middle schoolers who can't comprehend anything.

You're missing the joke within the joke, new guy.

#56 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Still need to rent this...
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#57 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

You're all so fuc*ing stupid. Did you not understand it was making fun of other horror movies? It was a fantastic film. Bunch of middle schoolers who can't comprehend anything.

maybe in your mind it was a fantastic film i still say it sucked and this is why people never took the horror idea serious.. My cousin kids just entered high school and taking drama as one of their classes and she goes I will not accept anything horror cause its just plain stupid . bring back the Classic horror movies and not crap like this and then push it into HORROR CAT.

then again people think paranormal activity is so good they got to keep making more parts to them even though once you seen part 1 there is no reason to see any other part
WOOOO I STINK

#58 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

im gonna have to rent this soon

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#59 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

maybe in your mind it was a fantastic film i still say it sucked and this is why people never took the horror idea serious.. My cousin kids just entered high school and taking drama as one of their classes and she goes I will not accept anything horror cause its just plain stupid . bring back the Classic horror movies and not crap like this and then push it into HORROR CAT.

then again people think paranormal activity is so good they got to keep making more parts to them even though once you seen part 1 there is no reason to see any other part

:rofl:

#60 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

I love this thread. Slidecage has no f'ing clue what cabin in the woods is about and new guy has no clue what slidecage is about.

High comedy.