Official Walmart Rollback Thread

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#31 DestinyHero

DestinyHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Rollbacks are permanent price drops, right?

#32 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Rollbacks are permanent price drops, right?

No.

BTW SFXTekken is staying at $39.96 for another week when I checked the price changes.

#33 Thechaosdivision

Thechaosdivision

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Do Rollbacks happen online as well? I don't have a Walmart near me.
I buy things to flip them. You don't like it, blow me.

#34 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Nice list, thanks for posting. Never know when there might be a gem or two included.

#35 DestinyHero

DestinyHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

No.

BTW SFXTekken is staying at $39.96 for another week when I checked the price changes.

Oh, okay, thanks for the info.

#36 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for doing this. I saw a couple of Ace Attorney Miles Edgeworth today ad a walmart, but they rang up as 29.96 unfortunately. Hoping they go on clearance sometime!

#37 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

... so this is pretty much an MSRP thread?

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#38 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

... so this is pretty much an MSRP thread?

SFXTekken is not MSRP at $40 and Wal-Mart had Skyrim for $39.96 for awhile, so this is a good thread.

#39 Demonkadar

Demonkadar

Customer Service Slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

is this online? because i don't see Nintendo DSi XL at $129.99. Still showing $169.99 for me.

This hits the systems this week, the stores are getting a cling for the window advertising the drop tomorrow (Tuesday)

ok i dont get it for the special items, so what if they arent in the video games section anymore lol? .. please explain how is that something special for us? thanks anyways for your help

This means that if you want to buy them get them now because they will be disappearing from shelves in the stores forever.

#40 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

This hits the systems this week, the stores are getting a cling for the window advertising the drop tomorrow (Tuesday)

Thanks for the update. Do you suppose the midnight blue DSi XL system with mini-land mayhem will be $129.96 also?

#41 srac84

srac84

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

lol who cares we can get them cheaper else where even if they aren't going to be available at walmart "forever" ..whatever sorry guys this thread sucks..and walmart does too for selling games except when we posted the $5 deals a few months back..this thread should be called the walmart MSRP thread like another 1 of the CAGs said...thanks for your effort but this thread is useless.

#42 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Troll much?

#43 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

in for 3 copies of mortal kombat and cod mw3
Posted Image

#44 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yeah, but he does make a point in his first sentence

Troll much?

#45 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Do Rollbacks happen online as well? I don't have a Walmart near me.

What country do you live in?

#46 SerOnionKnight

SerOnionKnight

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

This is pretty cool, thanks OP!

#47 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Man, ticks me off I had Mario Kart DS but then got a 3DS (hadn't planned to), so I took my DS game in to ask if they'd let me exchange it for the 3DS game. Before I went I checked the price online "in-store" and it said it was the same price as the DS version. Get in store and nope, still $39. I asked about matching that price and I was denied.

I understand sometimes different "companies" run the online stores and their prices, but if you make things available for online order and in-store pickup you gotta match that price. Pretty stupid when I can literally stand there, get on my phone, order it that way, then get $5 off.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#48 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

I understand sometimes different "companies" run the online stores and their prices, but if you make things available for online order and in-store pickup you gotta match that price. Pretty stupid when I can literally stand there, get on my phone, order it that way, then get $5 off.

Never have truer words been said about this issue. Even Sears will match their website if you ask. If you don't you allow the online sales to cannibalize the B&M sales. IMO it screws up all kinds of statistics that companies would want to track (ie B&M sales vs. Online).

#49 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Yeah I mean it's not as big a deal to me if they don't do in-store pickup. It still irks me quite a bit, but not as much. It's when you can stand there in the store, order it from your phone...then literally just stand there and watch the employee go over to pick it up and take it back to the pickup area...THAT is when I really scratch my head.

233526.png

#50 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

I believe the reason they do that is for large items like TV's the in store price is higher than the online one. The reason being in store you can apply for a Wal-Mart card at the time of purchase and get 0% financing for 12 months on purchase over $300. So it seems they want to charge people the higher price for those purchases.

#51 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

I believe the reason they do that is for large items like TV's the in store price is higher than the online one. The reason being in store you can apply for a Wal-Mart card at the time of purchase and get 0% financing for 12 months on purchase over $300. So it seems they want to charge people the higher price for those purchases.

I'm sure that's true...still makes it stupid when you can order it FROM THAT STORE online and pick it up that same day for less. I have yet to do it, but one of these times I'll have my smartphone with me and when I'm denied I'll have it all queued up on the site so I can just be like "hold on a sec...yup, ok, there you go, I just bought it for that price, please go get it and bring it back to the pickup counter for me."

233526.png

#52 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'm sure that's true...still makes it stupid when you can order it FROM THAT STORE online and pick it up that same day for less. I have yet to do it, but one of these times I'll have my smartphone with me and when I'm denied I'll have it all queued up on the site so I can just be like "hold on a sec...yup, ok, there you go, I just bought it for that price, please go get it and bring it back to the pickup counter for me."

Walmart Site to Store doesn't work like that. You order online and they literally ship the game to the walmart store of your choice, so you have to wait for it to arrive there. They don't actually use any of the store stock and you couldn't order on your phone and pick up right away.
Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#53 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

Yeah I mean it's not as big a deal to me if they don't do in-store pickup. It still irks me quite a bit, but not as much. It's when you can stand there in the store, order it from your phone...then literally just stand there and watch the employee go over to pick it up and take it back to the pickup area...THAT is when I really scratch my head.

I did that when they put all the spy stuff on major sale online. My daughter really wanted the spy watch so my dad went in store and bought it for $60. So my daughter went home and played with it. I got home from work and looked online. They had it for $20 at WM.com.

I ordered for in store pickup then headed out. So I went in and told them that I wanted to just get this for $20 as I already have a pickup order for $20 and would rather just keep the opened version so that they would actually save money as they wouldn't just sell me a new one and keep an opened one. Sure enough they made me return the opened one and I went to the back and picke up a new one. They said it was policy. Guess they didn't want to save product.

#54 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Walmart Site to Store doesn't work like that. You order online and they literally ship the game to the walmart store of your choice, so you have to wait for it to arrive there. They don't actually use any of the store stock and you couldn't order on your phone and pick up right away.

I beg to differ. My last order I put in they pulled from store stock.

I also have done ship to store and it not being available in store stock they will ship it there (was Alan Wake CE)

#55 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I beg to differ as well. I've used "site to store" three times and only once was it actually shipped. There's an option on some items for store PICKUP...that is unless they very recently changed it. Twice I've done that, once for a game and once for an HP Touchpad.

233526.png

#56 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I beg to differ. My last order I put in they pulled from store stock.

I also have done ship to store and it not being available in store stock they will ship it there (was Alan Wake CE)

I beg to differ as well. I've used "site to store" three times and only once was it actually shipped. There's an option on some items for store PICKUP...that is unless they very recently changed it. Twice I've done that, once for a game and once for an HP Touchpad.

They might have changed it, which would be a pleasant surprise. Every time I ever tried to order from them online they would only ship to store or home, even for items I had seen at the store previously.

Hmmm, I just checked and yeah the system is different now. I remember one time I was looking for some bikes and they were cheaper online, in stock in store, and it wouldn't let me do in store pick up. But this was at some point last year.
Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#57 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Some stores didn't update with the XL price rollback. Mine isn't till tomorrow.

#58 Mahgin86

Mahgin86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

The games section in my store is awful.. A door for DS, a door for Wii, one for 360, one for PS3 and the last a mixture of PS3, PSP and Vita. We rarely ever have new games in stock, and never have any games that are really a good buy. Hell, still selling the DJ Hero 1 bundle for $59, even some Band Hero bundles in the back that are still scanning at the full $169 price. I never buy anything from the store, even with the employee discount, can always find stuff cheaper online.
"Dear Customer, the Kinetic Sensor, has been cancelled." - goHastings
http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=226879

#59 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

:3ds: Tetris Axis is $19.96.

#60 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Actually, that may be a YMMV because I ordered a Bowser's Inside Story from the website, selected store pick-up, and within fifteen minutes, it was available for pick-up

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD