Pikmin 2 for Wii (Releasing June 10th) for $19.99

Rollobobo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1362 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/14/pikmin-2-mario-power-tennis-on-us-wii-june-10-dkc-returns-and/

Not sure it's a huge deal, but wanted to make CAGs aware of the impending release of Pikmin 2 for Wii. Will only have a $19.99 MSRP.

Also Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be dropping to $30. (Nice deal on both of those)

Oh and for those interested...Mario Power Tennis is dropping to $19.99 as it joins the Nintendo Selects line.

*I'm planning on picking up Pikmin 2, DKC Returns, and Super Smash Brawl again. :D

Glad I unloaded my Pikmin 2 for Gamecube when I did. (Although they're still going for $50+ used on Amazon...I'd expect that to go down).

Seriously, I would have bought this game when they released it in the UK nearly 3 years ago. At this point, I don't even have a Wii.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Glad I unloaded my Pikmin 2 for Gamecube when I did. (Although they're still going for $50+ used on Amazon...I'd expect that to go down).[/QUOTE]

And that's for disc only. If you have Like New, it jumps to $70.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Finally! What gives?[/QUOTE]

They have nothing else for the Wii. Seriously, look at the Wii's release list...

See, nothing.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Glad I unloaded my Pikmin 2 for Gamecube when I did. (Although they're still going for $50+ used on Amazon...I'd expect that to go down).[/QUOTE]

Me too.

I'll definitely buy this though.

Yep, damn glad now to have cleared 'em out for good money prior to this...I'll gladly pick up a Wii copy for $20, and hopefully another GC copy for even less in the future...

[quote name='karkyco']Yep, damn glad now to have cleared 'em out for good money prior to this...I'll gladly pick up a Wii copy for $20, and hopefully another GC copy for even less in the future...[/QUOTE]

Wow, I knew it was selling high but checked again- it shot up a lot more than when I last checked. I've got a sealed copy and a opened/complete copy of the game but I'm just going to keep them. I know the prices are going to plummet but whatever... I paid like $10-20 each so not a huge loss. Plus, I hate point/click based games on the Wii.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow, I knew it was selling high but checked again- it shot up a lot more than when I last checked. I've got a sealed copy and a opened/complete copy of the game but I'm just going to keep them. I know the prices are going to plummet but whatever... I paid like $10-20 each so not a huge loss. Plus, I hate point/click based games on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I have a sealed GC version, too. Thinking the exact opposite, that I should sell it for a huge profit since I only bought it for $5.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow, I knew it was selling high but checked again- it shot up a lot more than when I last checked. I've got a sealed copy and a opened/complete copy of the game but I'm just going to keep them. I know the prices are going to plummet but whatever... I paid like $10-20 each so not a huge loss. Plus, I hate point/click based games on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Pikmin is one of those rare games where it works better on the wii.

Like everyone else I was dying for this 3 years ago. Now? Maybe. Could be the last Nintendo game I buy. I really hate that they bumped Pikmin 3 to WiiU.

[quote name='MemoriesAbyss']As someone who loves the first one but never got his hands on the second one, this is great news![/QUOTE]

It's not as good as 1.

[quote name='confoosious']Pikmin is one of those rare games where it works better on the wii.[/QUOTE]

Not true. I'd say it's a lateral move. Gamecube controls worked great & Wii controls worked great. I wouldn't give the edge to either. They should have given the option for both though.

[quote name='skiizim']I'm suprised it took them so long! JP has had Pikmin 2 on the wii for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

I think they weren't sure for a long time if it was worth rereleasing it over here, but they finally decided to do it because they want to build up more interest for Pikmin 3 on Wii U.

Hmm, I purchased it on the cube a couple years ago for 25ish and now wondering if I should keep or sell for the wii version.

Nice!

I'd like to think that this has SOMETHING to do with the fact that every time I did a Club Nintendo survey, I threw in some comments begging them to bring this over to America. XD

[quote name='confoosious']Pikmin is one of those rare games where it works better on the wii.[/QUOTE]

Completely subjective.

Anyways in retrospect I think Pikmin 2 was my favorite game on the 'cube. I loved it enough to import a JPN cube and an e-reader just to get at the secondary content from the cards. Great, great, great game. If any of you folks have a chance to play the multiplayer against some friends it is really quite fun.

I think I paid like $17 for Pikmin 2 on GameCube... Do I bother to unload it? Hmmm. fucking Nintendo. A day late and a dollar short with this Wii release. Especially since I think it got its Wii release in Japan ages ago.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Nintendo should bow out of the home console market and focus solely on handhelds.[/QUOTE]
They actually brought the handheld market into the home console market with the Wii U. Haven't you noticed the Wii U offers pretty much the same thing as a DS. The top screen as your HDTV, the tablet controller as the bottom screen of the DS. The tablet controller's touch screen is actually resistive which is the same as the DS's touch screen which requires a stylus.

I have a hunch Nintendo will unveil crossplay software similar to the vita which allows the 3DS to play Wii U software on the go and vice versa. Most likely non-graphics intensive games like Mario.

As much as i like nintendo the one thing i hate i about them is the pricing. They still sell games at anescalated amount theres is no way a game like brawl should be $40 after it came out in 08. The same goes for games on the ds. It sucks that games like super mario 64 ds is still 35 dollars after it came out in 06.

[quote name='ssjgoku90501']As much as i like nintendo the one thing i hate i about them is the pricing. They still sell games at anescalated amount theres is no way a game like brawl should be $40 after it came out in 08. The same goes for games on the ds. It sucks that games like super mario 64 ds is still 35 dollars after it came out in 06.[/QUOTE]

They can keep SRP high because all of their games have a long shelf life, especially when Wiis were still flying off the shelf month after month.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Hmm, I purchased it on the cube a couple years ago for 25ish and now wondering if I should keep or sell for the wii version.[/QUOTE]

If you don't have problems with using Wii controls then there is no reason to keep it and you better sell it quick. I just sold my disc only copy for $45 two days ago. If you just want to play the game, why wouldn't you sell it for $40+ now and then rebuy it for $20 and use the extra cash for something else.

The gamecube game is going to plummet in value, so if you have any doubts about keeping it, get rid of it now before the mass public that is paying 40+ realizes it is coming out for the wii.

Yeah I just sold my complete copy for $50 on eBay. $20 pure profit after fees since I only paid $18 for it. I may have been able to eek out $5-10 more, but based on the recently completed auctions/BINs for complete copies and the impending Wii release, I didn't want to risk not being able to flip it in time.

[quote name='htz']They actually brought the handheld market into the home console market with the Wii U. Haven't you noticed the Wii U offers pretty much the same thing as a DS. The top screen as your HDTV, the tablet controller as the bottom screen of the DS.[/QUOTE]

Cheers. I don't understand why no one else gets this. I showed a picture comparing the tablet controller to the 3ds and dopes still don't see it.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Cheers. I don't understand why no one else gets this. I showed a picture comparing the tablet controller to the 3ds and dopes still don't see it.[/QUOTE]

So it's a feature?

[quote name='kodave']Yeah I just sold my complete copy for $50 on eBay. $20 pure profit after fees since I only paid $18 for it. I may have been able to eek out $5-10 more, but based on the recently completed auctions/BINs for complete copies and the impending Wii release, I didn't want to risk not being able to flip it in time.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit...and I just looked up what my sealed copy might go for.

Definitely putting mine up tomorrow. :)

[quote name='MemoriesAbyss']As someone who loves the first one but never got his hands on the second one, this is great news![/QUOTE]

I adore the first one, but the second one's much worse IMO.

Still, it's $20, so even I'm picking it up again LOL

[quote name='kodave']Yeah I just sold my complete copy for $50 on eBay. $20 pure profit after fees since I only paid $18 for it. I may have been able to eek out $5-10 more, but based on the recently completed auctions/BINs for complete copies and the impending Wii release, I didn't want to risk not being able to flip it in time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think I could have gotten $50 on Amazon but I just wanted it gone before the price started to drop.

[quote name='vherub']anyone know which retailers are carrying this?[/QUOTE]

it's a nintendo first party release. pretty much all of them.

The price on Pikmin 2 auctions on eBay looks to be down to about $35, maybe $40 after shipping is factored in. Tons of bidding but the high prices have already dipped for the most part. Glad I unloaded mine at $50 when I had the chance.

I unloaded a copy of Pikmin 2 for $58 last Xmas, it was complete and near mint but opened. I originally bought it for $9.99 on a Sears clearance. I don't think I ever played the game, but I might get around to picking this one up, especially if it goes on sale for $15 or so to see what I missed.

[quote name='Josh5890']Will I be able to play this with a gamecube controller?[/QUOTE]

I do not believe so.

Is this game hard to find or something?

I went to 2 gamestops, one k-mart and one wal mart today. None of them had them or even got copies in. Amazon is sold out. I don't want to order online to pay extra shipping if I don't have to (unless it's Amazon because I got prime). Actually did a gamestop tracker check and no stores near me have it. Closest one is about an hour away and I am not driving all the way down there for it.

I may have to drive to another city to check a best buy near me on thurs.

Try Toys R Us, Best Buy, and Target. Also Gamestop, but they might not have any left. TRU, Best Buy and Target should be your top choices. Kmart can't be trusted to put games out as soon as they release and Walmart is hit or miss on if they will even have it in store or not. My experience with Target is that they usually have a whole row of your desired game on release.

bread's done
Back