GameFly Monthly Sale - Under $15 Blowout

• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#271 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Debating about Sonic Generations. I already beat it, but I think it's good enough to replay again.

Should I get it on PS3 or 360? I heard the PS3 version has input lag.

Edited by cereal_killerxx, 19 May 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#272 boopman69

boopman69

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

I ordered Shadows of the Damned on tues. morning and they never shipped it so I contacted them on fri. and they said it would ship soon and when I contacted them on Sat. they said they didn't have a time frame when it would ship, :drool: bunk a$$ $hit. I told them to cancel it, Ill grab it when it hits 7.99 8-)

#273 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

I got my copy of Driver: SF :360: today and it was in perfect condition. The disc was not scratched at all. Very satisfied.

:beer:

#274 Manatee

Manatee

360 Game Lenderer Outer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

360 star wars back in stock

#275 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Just picked up Force Unleashed 2 for $8 and Alice Madness Returns for $13. Couldnt say no to those low prices...and they were both miraculously back in stock.

I tried picking up Alice last night and I got all the way to checkout before it was removed from my cart. It was very annoying. Glad I could pick it up today.

#276 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

NCIS wasn't terrible, it was like playing the CSI games, really short and really easy to 1000/1000 achievements, just playing through the storyline. Definitely not worth buying though and I'm a huge fan of the show, but was definitely disappointed with what they could've done with it.

#277 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

My copy of Portal 2 arrived today. I was pleased with the shipping time, since I think I ordered it on Tuesday. However, I can't say I'm at all pleased with the condition. It's just scratched all to hell. It looks like it was never stored in the sleeve and just got tossed around someone's house. I'm not even 100% certain it will work, although it *probably* will, and I'll try it later today.

The disc also has those chips people were talking about, although, to me, they look more like dents. I knew the odds of the disc having those spots on the edge going in, so no complaints there. I thought that was the only gamble I was taking and I was prepared to accept a disk with the chips/dents provided it was otherwise in excellent condition.

This pretty much put me off from GameFly, doubt I'll buy anything else there. It might be the way to go if you're using it as a rental service and you can rent the disc, judge its condition and decide whether or not you want to keep it. For me, though, just as someone who never rents anything and only buys... this is the worst condition used game I've ever bought in my life--and I've bought from GameStop, BlockBuster, flea markets, friends, Goodwill, eBay, GameGavel, Amazon and its various sellers. Honestly, I'm surprised, because everyone has so many positive things to say about GameFly.

#278 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

I got my copy of Driver: SF :360: today and it was in perfect condition. The disc was not scratched at all. Very satisfied.

Same here. Game is fun so far too. Can't beat the price!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#279 MiTYH

MiTYH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Got my xbox DE:HR Today from pittsburgh shipping place. Looks to be in decent condition, no real chips or scratches. Trying it out in a bit!
Posted Image

#280 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

My copy of Portal 2 arrived today. I was pleased with the shipping time, since I think I ordered it on Tuesday. However, I can't say I'm at all pleased with the condition. It's just scratched all to hell. It looks like it was never stored in the sleeve and just got tossed around someone's house. I'm not even 100% certain it will work, although it *probably* will, and I'll try it later today.

The disc also has those chips people were talking about, although, to me, they look more like dents. I knew the odds of the disc having those spots on the edge going in, so no complaints there. I thought that was the only gamble I was taking and I was prepared to accept a disk with the chips/dents provided it was otherwise in excellent condition.

This pretty much put me off from GameFly, doubt I'll buy anything else there. It might be the way to go if you're using it as a rental service and you can rent the disc, judge its condition and decide whether or not you want to keep it. For me, though, just as someone who never rents anything and only buys... this is the worst condition used game I've ever bought in my life--and I've bought from GameStop, BlockBuster, flea markets, friends, Goodwill, eBay, GameGavel, Amazon and its various sellers. Honestly, I'm surprised, because everyone has so many positive things to say about GameFly.

Gamefly is a crapshoot, especially on Xbox 360. My PS3 discs always come pristine (except for the chips/dents) but Xbox is about 50/50.

But I'm the kind of guy that, as long as the game plays fine, I don't really give a shit what it looks like. And I've never had a Gamefly game not play for me.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#281 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Props for Stepping up and playing through it. Can't believe it traded in for 17.

$11 T.I.V at Best Buy + 50% bonus. I felt a little guilty trading it in because eventually someone else will buy it and be subjected to it. A better man might have destroyed it to help save his fellow gamers...but 17 bucks is 17 bucks.
Posted Image

#282 An J0e

An J0e

Satirical Statement

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

went ahead and jumped on Dead Island and Final Fantasy XIII-2. Now I'm off to watch like an hour of FF XIII cutscenes to get the story.

#283 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

I have ordered about 10 times from GF for used game. Xmen Destiny is the first PS3 game where I received with the chips along the outer edge. Is this someone intentionally doing this or does GF have some automatic machine sorter that is doing it?

#284 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

I have ordered about 10 times from GF for used game. Xmen Destiny is the first PS3 game where I received with the chips along the outer edge. Is this someone intentionally doing this or does GF have some automatic machine sorter that is doing it?

I'm pretty sure it's been done in a machine of some sort, whether it be a sorter or resurfacer or whatever. Looks like it would be hard to replicate manually. I think the disc would have to be spinning at a high speed and bumping a hard surface along the edge to do that.

#285 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

I've ordered at least 10 times from them and all of the games they have sent me have been in absolute pristine condition, including case and manual and all the online codes. No complaints at all. Just jinxed myself.

#286 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

TORCHLIGHT (PC)-3.75. Absolute steal, grab it while you can, I like it better than D3 has much better customization, also register at their website to get Beta key for Torchlight 2.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#287 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

TORCHLIGHT (PC)-3.75. Absolute steal, grab it while you can, I like it better than D3 has much better customization, also register at their website to get Beta key for Torchlight 2.

Anyone know if it will activate on steam?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#288 oldgoon

oldgoon

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

went ahead and jumped on Dead Island and Final Fantasy XIII-2. Now I'm off to watch like an hour of FF XIII cutscenes to get the story.

They show various cutscenes throughout XIII-2 that kinda give you a feel for what happened during XIII (I think some might almost be straight out of XIII but they are used effectively), just not entirely sure if they cover everything. I played through about 3/4 of XIII and completely through XIII-2 and didn't feel like I missed much.

#289 ArmorForVictor

ArmorForVictor

| (• ◡•) | (ʋ❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

got my copy of inFamous 2 today i've only ordered once before from gamefly and that game (phineas and ferb PS3) came in great condition with a few chips on the edge. infamous 2 looks great as well has chips too a little more than P&F, but no scratches and it plays fine. i got P&F from the LA distribution center since i'm 20 mins from LA this one though came from the PA distribution center.
Posted Image
:3ds: 3DS Friend Code - 2466-1424-5777 (PM me yours if you add me :wave:)

#290 ThePriceIsRight

ThePriceIsRight

Kupo b*tch!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

They show various cutscenes throughout XIII-2 that kinda give you a feel for what happened during XIII (I think some might almost be straight out of XIII but they are used effectively), just not entirely sure if they cover everything. I played through about 3/4 of XIII and completely through XIII-2 and didn't feel like I missed much.

Yea XIII-2 does a good job telling what happened in XIII. If you haven't played XIII, you shouldn't feel lost. Maybe you'll not get a lil "inside joke" or fact here and there, but its not important.

XIII-2 also have a beginners primer that basically have the entire XIII story to read.

#291 An J0e

An J0e

Satirical Statement

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Yea XIII-2 does a good job telling what happened in XIII. If you haven't played XIII, you shouldn't feel lost. Maybe you'll not get a lil "inside joke" or fact here and there, but its not important.

XIII-2 also have a beginners primer that basically have the entire XIII story to read.

I'll just give that a look then thanks. Started watching a youtube account that had all the cut scenes and alot of them were just 2 mins boss introductions.

On the other note, i've seen the comments about chips for a while now, and i haven't had much trouble with them. I got around 7-8 games from gamefly and only one wasn't mint, and that one only had one chip. if i get a bad one though ill send a complaint that directs them to this/previous thread(s).

#292 BAMKICKSASS

BAMKICKSASS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Does anyone know if Alice madness returns comes with the download for the original game? I hear online passes come with other games but don't know how extra dlc works on gamefly.

#293 LydieCakes

LydieCakes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for posting this. I had a $5 coupon so I got 2 games for under $20.
I appreciate good deals and posts like these.

#294 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

heh i never complain about chipped discs, couldn't care less but i wish i got 29300921302933 chips instead of the condition of the disc lol

my copy of Catherine came in yesterday and it was scratched as hell :/ smh people take care of your rented games :P

hopefully it works

#295 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

the cutscenes in FFXIII and XIII-2 are dreadful. I gave up on them really quick. Sadly, you have to press the skip button several times before getting back to gameplay.
Posted Image

#296 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

I've ordered at least 10 times from them and all of the games they have sent me have been in absolute pristine condition, including case and manual and all the online codes. No complaints at all. Just jinxed myself.

Yep.

I said that about my first 10 or so games, then my Dead Island came with 2 cracks in the center ring - so I had to send it back.

The return was easy enough, and they refunded my money fast - I fedex'ed it at the end of the day Wednesday, got my $ refunded on Friday.

I was even able to re-buy at the sale price thanks to them re-running the sale.

#297 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Does anyone know if Alice madness returns comes with the download for the original game? I hear online passes come with other games but don't know how extra dlc works on gamefly.

Yeah it will.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#298 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Wow Driver:SF might bee the best $8 I've ever spent. I've already got my money's worth several times over.

#299 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Wow Driver:SF might bee the best $8 I've ever spent. I've already got my money's worth several times over.

Yeah, I was just gonna post that. Also, this is one of the best licensed soundtracks I've ever heard in a video game. Simply incredible tune selection.

#300 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

I loved Driver SF. I'm kind of glad I didn't read much about it before hand though, because if I read the premise on how it worked I probably would have thought it sounded stupid and passed on it. It was a lot of fun though, despite the weird story.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.