Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

GOG Deals Thread: GOG's 6th Birthday Sale Ongoing (Year 3 games on sale, Alone in the Dark, Dungeon Keeper 2, etc)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7662 replies to this topic

#661 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

is tomorrow (jan 2) the last day to buy everything on sale or does "until jan 3" mean there is a jan 3 deal as well?

#662 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I wish they had smaller bundles (under $10) - I'd be much more likely to buy them.

#663 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm glad I took a peek in this thread today. I didn't know about them removing XIII from the catalog. It's one of those games I've always wanted to try, but kept putting off buying thinking it would be a part of a bundle or something. I'm sure I'll get my $3 worth. I just hope they feature information like this more prominently on their main page next time (unless I'm not seeing it on their main page right now).

A lot of us complained about them not making a news post... but they did mention it on Twitter, which is how I found out. :\

foxhack.jpg

#664 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Looks like today is the last day of the big sale as it's a rehash of all of the previous bundles/sales.

#665 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I love the way GOG does sales with a recap day

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#666 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Okay on the off chance that someone owns the whole Indie RPG pack, and I'm sure there's like 6 people on the planet that actually own The Real Texas, I would be happy to Paypal (or I guess Amazon Payments or whatever your choice is) you $3.74 for Inquisitor.

Or I can trade you something of equal value. Even 4 copies of Renegade Ops from the Gamersgate 'sale' yesterday since I have an unfinished order in for that. :-P

steam_sig.png

#667 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

GOG Dammit! Would it kill them to make a racing game pack or something?

Does anyone already have Deponia and is looking to pick up the Daedelic bundle? Im looking to pick it up at 75% off.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#668 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

is tomorrow (jan 2) the last day to buy everything on sale or does "until jan 3" mean there is a jan 3 deal as well?

Looks like it ends on the 3rd in the morning.

So you've got (according to their counter) until around 9AM EST or 6AM PST on Jan 3rd before it ends.

#669 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'm glad I checked in. That Dungeons and Dragons bundle is filled with games I've always wanted to play but have never owned. Between that and the Sierra bundle I'm pretty happy with their deals this year.

#670 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I wish I paid more attention to the Tomb Raider discount expiration date. I waited unnecessarily and missed out on it. I rather get them on GoG instead of Steam because I feel like I can trust GoG more with getting these old games compatible on modern systems.

Anyway, I snagged the City Builder special, Interstate 76, Theme Hospital, and Shadow Warrior. GoG is my go to for nostalgic Win95 (first PC) era games. Very happy with the haul :)

#671 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Had to grab a last minute Star Control 1+2 backup copy. I wish they'd go a little cheaper on games than 50% (a la carte), but the service is a good one and I'm happy with what I've got.

76561197971332172.png

#672 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

If anyone is somehow looking to unload the following for their bundle prices (75%) I would be interested in Medal of Honor and all the Heroes of Might & Magic games.

#673 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Wow that DnD pack was way too tempting to get considering I've never played either of the Baldur's Gates nor Planscape Torment.
Posted Image

#674 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Well, the BG games are being remade. The first one's out, pretty good.
Planescape is great though.

I think I'm finally jumping on Witcher 2. All the extras make it hard to resist. Entirely possible it goes to $5 before I play it, but...

#675 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Pretty good sale, but I didn't pick up anything. Hopefully Deponia will hit as a normal sale during the year. I guess they're doing something right as I passed it up on Steam so that I can grab it on GoG.

"I was perfect....

#676 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Am I the only one that was sad that they just rehashed the individual deals after having the full lot early on?

#677 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Am I the only one that was sad that they just rehashed the individual deals after having the full lot early on?

Nah, you aren't. It was a crappy decision on their part. The whole "75% off only if you buy the full bundle" thing was crappy too, although some bundles didn't require you to buy the whole thing to get 75% off. I'm actually really glad the sales are over, now we can get back to the regular weekly sales.

#678 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

The GoG winter sale was a flop in my book. The only thing I bought was XII because it was going to be pulled (and is better than my $0.90 PS2 version). The bundles were too large and included too much stuff I didn't want or stuff I own from elsewhere (e.g. the bundle with Giana, I owned three of the games from recent indie bundles). I'd probably have bought more with their normal sales (or slightly enhanced).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#679 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

The GoG winter sale was a flop in my book. The only thing I bought was XII because it was going to be pulled (and is better than my $0.90 PS2 version). The bundles were too large and included too much stuff I didn't want or stuff I own from elsewhere (e.g. the bundle with Giana, I owned three of the games from recent indie bundles). I'd probably have bought more with their normal sales (or slightly enhanced).

I agree. There are quite a few games on the site I'd buy at 75% off but the only ones that showed up in the sale were in bundles with a bunch of crap I didn't want.

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#680 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, the bundles were tough due to owning parts of them on other services. I did grab Chronicles of Riddick cheap, though. Cheaper than it has been on Steam plus none of the horrific DRM. That makes the sale a win in my book.

#681 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I for one thought it was a kickass sale. 75% off anything on GOG is stellar, naturally. That I owned almost nothing in the 75% off bundles was a blessing, as I was able to score gobs of games at absurd prices. The only bundle that wasn't the greatest value proposition for me was the Cyberpunk/Steampunk bundle since I already have Anachronox and have Deus Ex/IW through Steam... and I still would have purchased it if I had more money to throw around.

Being paid weekly, I managed to score bank account infusions just in time to bite on the midway and end-of-sale deal reprisals, so I'm grateful for those and wish they'd pop up more often elsewhere (hello, Xbox). So my total haul is as follows:

Duke 3D of course
Bullfrog bundle
Sierra adventure bundle
Might & Magic bundle
Dungeons & Dragons bundle
XIII
Feeble Files
Little Big Adventure 2

I wish they had Steam-style flash deals on individual games. There were several titles I had planned to pick up during this sale that I passed on in favor of massive discounts on bundles. Maybe next time...

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#682 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

You're not alone, the sale was effectively over for me after that first day of all the specials. I bought everything I wanted then and that was it.

I thought they'd finally managed to add some excitement to their usual boring end of year sale (where everything is just discounted at the start of the sale and that's it) but then they went and ruined it.

Ever since I've just been waiting for this sale to end so we could actually have some new offers.

At least it was (briefly) an improvement on their previous sales though, which is more than you can say about the steam sale this year!

#683 Magsec

Magsec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

GOG upped the ante this year, even though the deep discounts were seen in bundles. Plus, the free expansions were very cool (Hell yea, Alien Crossfire!) as was a free Duke Nukem 3D.
The only thing I ended up purchasing was the Back to the Future game, though.

#684 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

It was a good deal considering GOG prices. But I do wish more bundles were like the Scandanavian bundle where you could pick what you wanted.

Or at least decent tiered ones that don't suck.

I bought like 4 or 5 games I think

#685 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Don't get me wrong. I still ended up with 8 games via bundles plus free Duke - at the first day of all the specials. The rest of the days were useless.

#686 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Would have bought a ton of games, if I could have gotten bundle prices without the bundle. But then I didn't buy anything.

#687 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

If you all get a chance, could you drop by the community votes section and toss a vote towards Bullfrog's "Hi-Octane"?

"I was perfect....

#688 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Would have bought a ton of games, if I could have gotten bundle prices without the bundle. But then I didn't buy anything.

This, although more like a few than a ton.

#689 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

The weekend deal is Digital Game Factory titles at 60% off:

Commandos: Ammo Pack $2.39
Commandos 2+3 Pack $3.99
Praetorians $2.39
Mob Rule $2.39
Constructor $2.39
Imperial Glory $2.39
Creatures: The Albion Years $2.39
Creatures: Village $2.39
Creatures: Exodus $2.39

The Commandos games were cheaper (75% off) in a package deal over christmas, I think the rest of the games are as cheap as they've ever been on GOG.

#690 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hmm... Missed the Creatures games last time they were on sale. Might have to grab them this time around.

And I can confirm that the last time these were on sale, they were 60% off.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved