Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

GOG Deals Thread: Indie RPG Mix 60% off (Shadowrun Returns, SotS: The Pit, etc)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7360 replies to this topic

#1201 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

I got the MM 1-6 pack mainly for World of Xeen since I already own MM6. Played WoX for several hours tonight but there are a couple of things that are keeping me from fully enjoying it. The first thing is the map. You can't scroll it or make annotations which can make it tough to get out of a dungeon if you don't remember where you came in. Lands of Lore came out around the same time and the mapping was way better. The other issue is the way items are handled. I hate having to make a trip back to town and visit the blacksmith just to find out how much damage a basic item does. From what I understand, you can't even get the Identfiy skill for your characters like you can in the later games.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1202 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

There are a LOT of indie games discounted to 75% off today.. but not many older games lol. Some of the indie deals would be decent.. if they didn't require you to buy the bundle (Evoland, Driftmoon, FTL). Good deal if you can find someone with all of the games in the bundle to gift games individually to you, but I'll wait for an indie bundle.

#1203 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

There are a LOT of indie games discounted to 75% off today.. but not many older games lol. Some of the indie deals would be decent.. if they didn't require you to buy the bundle (Evoland, Driftmoon). Good deal if you can find someone with all of the games in the bundle to gift games individually to you, but I'll wait for an indie bundle.

Stupid, I want good old games from them, not mediocre new games that look old.

#1204 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Man, I'd grab Incredipede and Evoland for $2.50 apiece in a heartbeat, if they weren't tied to bundles...

Is there an appropriate thread to see if anyone's wiling to help me out with that and/or trade some of my Steam stuff for GOG gifts?

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast. They're about games, among other things!

#1205 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Man, I'd grab Incredipede and Evoland for $2.50 apiece in a heartbeat, if they weren't tied to bundles...

Is there an appropriate thread to see if anyone's wiling to help me out with that and/or trade some of my Steam stuff for GOG gifts?

No thread, just this:

http://www.cheapassg...0#entry10846123

#1206 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

The funny thing about the bundles.... I've got System Shock 2 and Omikron in my cart waiting to go. I'm just holding out to see if they get added to a bundle before the end of the sale! C'mon! I want to give you my money!!!

#1207 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well, now I have the 3 giants: Ultima collection (última 7 is the best pc game ever IMHO, already have it), D&D (I have the anthology or whatever name is, from gamestop, without NWN) and Might and Magic (from which I never played any have it).

What I can see is that the #9 is never good xD

76561198025176705.png

#1208 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

No thread, just this:

http://www.cheapassg...0#entry10846123

Noted and PM'd. Thanks!

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast. They're about games, among other things!

#1209 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Today's sale isn't too bad. I jumped the gun before I looked. There are some old games on sale, king if dragon pass is great if anyone doesn't have it yet and you don't need to buy a bundle to get the 75% off.

#1210 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

Today's sale isn't too bad. I jumped the gun before I looked. There are some old games on sale, king if dragon pass is great if anyone doesn't have it yet and you don't need to buy a bundle to get the 75% off.

I heard the iOS version is superior.

#1211 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

They did this same thing on the holiday sale last year: throwing all the "special deals" on a certain day (it was December 20,"end of days sale" if my memory is ok). All you see today is the entire sale as it is. I don't think they'll throw anything new later

76561198025176705.png

#1212 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

I heard the iOS version is superior.

I don't know, I don't really play games on my phone, but the price is right IMO

#1213 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thoughts on Kings of Dragon Pass? obviously judging by the ratings the game is quite good but how does it plays? Defender's Quest is a nice deal for $3.74 if you're into TD games but taking in consideration that i has card drops on Steam i guess i'll wait to hit 75% there. The Kain and Raziel Saga is an absolute must buy for that price, it sells almost for the same price than the Steam version and includes Blood Omen 2.

Tretton.png

#1214 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Maybe the greatest sale day ever?

#1215 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hoooolleeeee crap! Talk about options. Today's bundles include everything that was available earlier in the week, and piles on a whole heap of other discounted games.

I've gotta get...

Fez

Retro City Rampage

Legacy of Kain pack

Builders Boon Bundle

There are still some games after those that I'm interested in. The space-sim bundle has Alpha Centauri, which I had been planning on eventually getting anyway. Are Master of Orion and Galactic Civilizations worth having? Also, what is the value for the Ultima bundle? It looks like a great deal but are those games worth it? Ditto for Heroes of Might and Magic. My brother loves that series but I've never gotten into it.

#1216 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

I need 75% Ubisoft.

MARS

#1217 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

Even though the market is bottomed out, I think I still prefer to get most indie games on Steam if possible for the possibility of cards...lol

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1218 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hoooolleeeee crap! Talk about options. Today's bundles include everything that was available earlier in the week, and piles on a whole heap of other discounted games.

I've gotta get...

Fez

Retro City Rampage

Legacy of Kain pack

Builders Boon Bundle

There are still some games after those that I'm interested in. The space-sim bundle has Alpha Centauri, which I had been planning on eventually getting anyway. Are Master of Orion and Galactic Civilizations worth having? Also, what is the value for the Ultima bundle? It looks like a great deal but are those games worth it? Ditto for Heroes of Might and Magic. My brother loves that series but I've never gotten into it.

The Ultima bundle is worth it for Ultima VII Complete alone especially if you've never played it. I already own Ultima VII Parts 1 & 2, Ultima VIII and Ultima IX from their original releases but I'm thinking about grabbing this bundle anyway since I don't have a 3.5" floppy drive in my current PC. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1219 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

There are a LOT of indie games discounted to 75% off today.. but not many older games lol. Some of the indie deals would be decent.. if they didn't require you to buy the bundle (Evoland, Driftmoon). Good deal if you can find someone with all of the games in the bundle to gift games individually to you, but I'll wait for an indie bundle.

Stupid, I want good old games from them, not mediocre new games that look old.

+1

Theres a rediculous amount of games that usually go on sale during all their sales, not even touched this time.  It really does seem like indie fest over there

#1220 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

I need 75% Ubisoft.

This. I want those old Rayman games to be ever cheaper then $3 >.>

I think I'm finally going to buy The Witcher 2... Just manually add it to Steam. That 15GB download is a killer though >.<

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#1221 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Wow, that's quite a list of games on sale today. Presents a rather daunting challenge to post all of that. I'm up to the challenge though. But might take me a while to get it together.

I think juanjava is probably right. What we're seeing here is the complete allotment of deals for the summer sale. I doubt we'll see anything for the rest of the sale that isn't on the list today. So once I've completed the list, it should be pretty easy to do the rest of the sale because It'll just be a matter of copying & pasting from today's list of sales.

#1222 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Wow, that's quite a list of games on sale today. Presents a rather daunting challenge to post all of that. I'm up to the challenge though. But might take me a while to get it together.

I think juanjava is probably right. What we're seeing here is the complete allotment of deals for the summer sale. I doubt we'll see anything for the rest of the sale that isn't on the list today. So once I've completed the list, it should be pretty easy to do the rest of the sale because It'll just be a matter of copying & pasting from today's list of sales.

Don't waste your life on it - most folks are just going to click through to GOG anyway.

#1223 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Also they still have occasional random deals that pop up.  I think last time they had a few dailies that werent part of the big full set of deals and they've basically said in their forum the same will happen this time.

Also some prices are different on a per-day basis vs. the whole deal lot.  Like the alan wake series was 90% off on its sale day, but today its only 80%

#1224 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

http://www.gog.com/n...aming_supersale

NOTICE: If you own some of the games in a bundle, you can complete it with the missing games with the bundle discount applied. All you need to do to get only those you are missing, is to click "buy now" button on a bundle, and then manually remove the games you own from your cart at the check out. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you have at least 1 game from the pack, you can buy the individual games for the bundle-discount price.

Either I'm reading this wrong, or you're saying that if I only own 1 game from a bundle of 5, I can buy any of the other games in the bundle individually at the bundle's discount.

If that's what you're saying, it doesn't seem to be working.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1225 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Also they still have occasional random deals that pop up.  I think last time they had a few dailies that werent part of the big full set of deals and they've basically said in their forum the same will happen this time.

Also some prices are different on a per-day basis vs. the whole deal lot.  Like the alan wake series was 90% off on its sale day, but today its only 80%

An excellent point by you. I was gonna just buy everything in the sale today, but I think I'll wait for each item to go on sale on their regular day. Might end up saving a little bit extra.

#1226 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

http://www.gog.com/n...aming_supersale

NOTICE: If you own some of the games in a bundle, you can complete it with the missing games with the bundle discount applied. All you need to do to get only those you are missing, is to click "buy now" button on a bundle, and then manually remove the games you own from your cart at the check out. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you have at least 1 game from the pack, you can buy the individual games for the bundle-discount price.

Either I'm reading this wrong, or you're saying that if I only own 1 game from a bundle of 5, I can buy any of the other games in the bundle individually at the bundle's discount.

If that's what you're saying, it doesn't seem to be working.

Yes, by using the method in my post. I could have been clearer. Sorry.

Doesn't work. I own a couple of Bullfrog games, so I decided to test it out with that pack. Added all the other games to the cart, then started removing a few games. The games that were left in the cart jumped from the 75% discount price to the 50% discount as soon as I removed a game.

Unless there's some trick to it that I'm not doing.

EDIT: Just re-read the post you quoted fro GOG. It says you can remove the games that you already own and still get the discount on the remaining games. It doesn't say you can remove games that you don't want.

#1227 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

The way I read it is if you want to COMPLETE the bundle at 75% off then you can.  Not that you can pick and choose games at 75% off. 

So if you own 1 game, you can buy the remaining 4 in the bundle for 75% off.  Not like 1 or 2 of them. 

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1228 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

The way I read it is if you want to COMPLETE the bundle at 75% off then you can.  Not that you can pick and choose games at 75% off. 

So if you own 1 game, you can buy the remaining 4 in the bundle for 75% off.  Not like 1 or 2 of them. 

Yep. Sorry, fellas.

Disregard.

MARS

#1229 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

@The End

The same thing is happening to me, I own Syndicate & Theme Hospital, I can add the whole thing to my cart, but when I start removing games I don't own all the other prices double. The intention is clearly like in the past to complete a bundle without rebuying.

That said, I think the Bullfrog bundle is one of the most attractive offers: Syndicate/Populous/Theme Hospital/Dungeon Keeper/Magic Carpet.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1230 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yes, by using the method in my post. I could have been clearer. Sorry.

Doesn't work. I own a couple of Bullfrog games, so I decided to test it out with that pack. Added all the other games to the cart, then started removing a few games. The games that were left in the cart jumped from the 75% discount price to the 50% discount as soon as I removed a game.

Unless there's some trick to it that I'm not doing.

EDIT: Just re-read the post you quoted fro GOG. It says you can remove the games that you already own and still get the discount on the remaining games. It doesn't say you can remove games that you don't want.

Yeah, that's how I read it. It does work for completing a bundle, but it doesn't work if you try selecting games from the bundle where you don't own all of the games in the bundle.

He's playing MIND games with us! To arms!

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved