GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7402 replies to this topic

#721 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Lies! She's no trap! How can a boy be called Bridget?

It's okay, straight dudes are allowed to be into traps. :)

(Don't quote me on that.)

@Idiot

Launch the config app (not config from inside the game), go to the joystick tab, check the Z-axis box. Hit apply. Then go through the mappings for all the buttons. L2 should be 1ZMIN and R2 should be 1ZMAX. Xinput (360) maps the triggers to the positive and negative halves of the Z-axis.

Yup, figured it out a bit ago and didn't post. Got two controllers working for split-screen co-op and the game runs great!

Takes a little effort to get it set up, but that was $2 very well spent. The game is a hell of a lot of fun playing against people who suck just as badly as you. :D

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#722 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

It's okay, straight dudes are allowed to be into traps. :)

(Don't quote me on that.)

Quoted.

#723 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I was looking at the pricing history of Sniper Elite ($4 on the weekend GOG sale). LOL it's gone up in price for the past two years.
http://www.steamgame...rT/sniper-elite

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#724 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

The weekend deal is: ~20 Awesome Games 60% off

Apache vs. Havoc $2.39
Comanche vs. Hokum $2.39
Combat Chess $2.39
Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord $3.99
Darkstar One $3.99
Disciples: Sacred Lands: Gold $2.39
Disciples 2: Gold $3.99
Flatout $2.39
Ghost Master $2.39
Jagged Alliance $2.39
Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games $2.39
Jagged Alliance 2 $3.99
Patrician 3 $2.39
Port Royale 2 $2.39
Pro Pinball: Big Race USA $2.39
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey $2.39
Pro Pinball: Timeshock $2.39
Sacred: Gold $3.99
Strategic Command: European Theater $3.99

Only 19 games in the sale, thus the ~20 in the title. :roll:

#725 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

OP updated.

Awesome huh? I dunno. I want Darkstar One just out of morbid curiosity. The game was advertised as a better Freelancer, then it fell short in every single catagory except for maybe graphics. $4 is steep for that game...

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#726 crabbit

crabbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Ooo! In for the Jagged Alliance games, and also, for some footage of Idiotekque being lured into a she-trap

#727 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

Ooo! In for the Jagged Alliance games, and also, for some footage of Idiotekque being lured into a she-trap

Who said I was lured?

bZ2g3eF.png

#728 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

Awesome huh? I dunno. I want Darkstar One just out of morbid curiosity. The game was advertised as a better Freelancer, then it fell short in every single catagory except for maybe graphics. $4 is steep for that game...

That's one of the 5 games in this sale I don't already own on GOG.

On steam there's a Patricians & Merchants Pack for $7.99 that includes Darkstar One, The Great Art Race and Patricians 3. I bought the pack for $2.50 during a previous sale, and it's been as low as $2 (last November).

Makes it hard to justify $4 for just the one game, even if it is a DRM free version.

#729 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Yeah, I think I passed on the pack at $2.50. I really don't want Darkstar One, but I do.

bZ2g3eF.png

#730 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

Darkstar One is ok. Nowhere near as good as Freelancer, as you already know. Really repetitive though.

#731 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Darkstar One is ok. Nowhere near as good as Freelancer, as you already know. Really repetitive though.

From what I understand, you only get one choice of ship, every system looks generally the same, and the story is terrible "cops vs. robbers".

I want it, but yeah.

bZ2g3eF.png

#732 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

From what I understand, you only get one choice of ship, every system looks generally the same, and the story is terrible "cops vs. robbers".

I want it, but yeah.

Well, yea, you get the Darkstar One... It's one of a kind. The story was pretty bad. I always wondered how this awesome ship was so weak in the beginning. Systems looking the same didn't bother me, but every mission (regardless of type) was basically kill these guys and surprise! They have reinforcements!

#733 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Well, yea, you get the Darkstar One... It's one of a kind. The story was pretty bad. I always wondered how this awesome ship was so weak in the beginning. Systems looking the same didn't bother me, but every mission (regardless of type) was basically kill these guys and surprise! They have reinforcements!

Then again, it's hard to beat Freelancer's story. That game needs a movie. :cry:

bZ2g3eF.png

#734 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Then again, it's hard to beat Freelancer's story. That game needs a movie. :cry:

The benefits of 2 PCs while playing FFXI -- a lot of time to play Freelancer while waiting for a party =P

(A decade ago)

#735 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Yeah, I think I passed on the pack at $2.50. I really don't want Darkstar One, but I do.

Then you need my pack on Steam. I'll let it go at cost ($2). Though, to be honest, what really intrigued me was that Art Race game.

#736 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Are the Sacred and Disciples games worth purchasing? (Not sure about the quality and if they've ever been 75% or more off).

#737 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Are the Sacred and Disciples games worth purchasing? (Not sure about the quality and if they've ever been 75% or more off).

They've been in very cheap indie bundles.

bZ2g3eF.png

#738 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Scared Gold has been $0.99 in the Gala Store a few times as well.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#739 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Street Fighter 2 Alpha is 60% off $2.39 today only.

Also GOG has a new sales schedule:
With this, we're kicking off with our new GOG Gem Promo schedule. From now on, you'll get two of them every week: a classic title will be discounted each Monday, while Wednesday will give you a discount on one of our newer titles. This way, both indie and retro fans get a Gem each week!

#740 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Would be tempted on SF but I think I'll just grab one of those ultimate collections on the console instead.

#741 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Weekend Promo: Ultimate Square Enix (50% off)

Anachronox $2.99
Conflict: Desert Storm $2.99
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition $4.99
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War $4.99
Gangsters: Organized Crime $2.99
Hitman: Codename 47 $2.99
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $4.99
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Defiance $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 $2.99
Pandemonium! $2.99
Startopia $2.99
Thief Gold $4.99
Thief 2: The Metal Age $4.99
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $4.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $4.99
Tomb Raider 4+5 $4.99
Tomb Raider 6: The Angel of Darkness $4.99
Urban Chaos $2.99

Great selection of games, but only 50% off is a bit disappointing. Most of these were 60% off last September in a previous Square Enix sale, and a few were 75% off if you bought a whole pack during GOG's end of year sale.

#742 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

OP updated.

Eh, nothing for me. Already got Anachronox for 60% off in the past.

bZ2g3eF.png

#743 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

So Pandemonium 2 is not out yet on GOG I guess? Hmm. I may grab the first one. I really liked those games way back when.

steam_sig.png

#744 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Ooh, Startopia. I played the demo a lot as a kid. Now as an adult, I can finally experience the full version.
Don't drink and drive. You might spill the beer.

#745 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ooh, Startopia. I played the demo a lot as a kid. Now as an adult, I can finally experience the full version.

... and likely have your memories ruined via the revelation that it's not quite as amazing as you thought it was as a child.

bZ2g3eF.png

#746 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

... and likely have your memories ruined via the revelation that it's not quite as amazing as you thought it was as a child.

Startopia holds up just fine. It's still one of the best space themed sims out there.

#747 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Was the last Square-Enix sale 60% off? For some reason, I bought all Legacy of Kain titles but Blood Omen 2.

#748 kendog1331

kendog1331

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

[quote name='bshirk']Was the last Square-Enix sale 60% off? For some reason, I bought all Legacy of Kain titles but Blood Omen 2.[/QUOTE

Blood Omen 2 wasn't on sale last time. It was recently added to gog at the time, if I remember right

#749 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

[quote name='kendog1331'][quote name='bshirk']Was the last Square-Enix sale 60% off? For some reason, I bought all Legacy of Kain titles but Blood Omen 2.[/QUOTE

Blood Omen 2 wasn't on sale last time. It was recently added to gog at the time, if I remember right[/QUOTE]

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

#750 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Oh, I so hope this rumor is true.

Rumor has it that System Shock 2 might be coming very soon to GOG and Steam.
Let's hope it's true.

That game's all kinds of awesome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved