GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7405 replies to this topic

#1021 :Mephistox:

:Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Picked up Medal of Honor Warchest and Silent Storm Gold for under $8. Already have Medal of Honor in the 10th Anniversary Collection I bought long ago, but I recall it being a pain to patch and the uninstall (wouldn't uninstall properly). The awesome deal for both games made it hard to pass up.

Edited by mephistox3120, 06 May 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#1022 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

Picked up Medal of Honor Warchest and Silent Storm Gold for under $8. Already have Medal of Honor in the 10th Anniversary Collection I bought long ago, but I recall it being a pain to patch and the uninstall (wouldn't uninstall properly). The awesome deal for both games made it hard to pass up.

Thanks for the heads up on Silent Storm Gold Edition....I like that game and will happily pick it up!

#1023 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

Ended up picking Populous The Beginning (told you) and Alpha Centauri (I know I said I wouldn't... but couldn't resist)

#1024 SandOfThym

SandOfThym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Picked up Alpha Centauri, we'll see how well its held up over the years.

#1025 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

I bought Alpha Centauri back in the 20th Century when it came out and could never get a handle on it once the tutorial ended. Even bought the strategy guide with no success. Since it's been updated to run on Win7 and OS X and includes the Alien Crossfire expansion, I dropped the $2.39 to get it again. We'll see how much better I do. I'm guessing "not much" - 4X games just don't click with me. Bother.

Edited by DirkBelig, 07 May 2013 - 05:21 AM.
added Alien Crossfire mention

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#1026 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

So, I guess there is a 50% off sale on the Ubisoft catalog this weekend.

I'm mostly posting this so I have a record of past sales that I can go back and check on at some point in the future.

#1027 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

So, I guess there is a 50% off sale on the Ubisoft catalog this weekend.

I'm mostly posting this so I have a record of past sales that I can go back and check on at some point in the future.

Wish they would sell BG&E at a reasonable price.

MARS

#1028 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

http://www.savingcon...ves-on-gog-com/

Looks like either someone got hands on early details, or gog has deliberately leaked this.

http://www.gog.com/g...rd/wizardry_6_7

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/wizardry_8

Buy them :)

Edited by smurfinaus, 23 May 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image

#1029 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Assorted First Person Shooters 50% off.

Games include:

You are not required to buy all the games to get the 50% discount. You can pick and choose.

Edited by The End, 14 June 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#1030 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Riddick is tempting with it being pulled from steam and Atari going under....

#1031 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Yes, clearly Riddick is the most appealing game in this lineup (if you don't already own it, that is). I really wish that I had pulled the trigger on it when it was 75% off during the Winter sale. It doesn't seem likely that it will hit 75% off again before Atari implodes in 5 weeks.

#1032 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm glad I bought Riddick when it was 75% off ;)

#1033 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'm glad I bought Riddick when it was 75% off ;)

I was hoping you'd say you bought it retail, then post a goofy looking picture of yourself holding it.

Ill probably buy it tonight when I'm drunk so that extra 3.75 doesn't sting as badly.

#1034 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Blood is likely one of my favorite Build Engine games. Also shadow warrior is a fun one (got it in one of the other sales). I'm going for the catacomb abyss I loved the shareware back when I was a kid...hopefully it still holds up (I got the Dangerous Dave Pack a bit back...and dang those games didn't hold up too well almost beat the 2nd one....sometimes nostalgia hurts). Riddick was awesome back in the day too....should actually try to beat it now. Decent sale overall and I wish FPS could go back to these times.....when single player was where it was at with some multiplayer as well. Too many multiplayer focused ones nowadays (Also kind of suck at FPS though I used to be good at the old ones!). Sorry about the rant....I miss those games a bit....I hope the FPS revolution nowadays dies off....just don't enjoy them that much anymore.

Edited by nitrosmob, 24 May 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#1035 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Eh, GOG is mailing it in. Way too many 50% sales in a row.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1036 Dudeson

Dudeson

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Im gonna wait for a better sale on Riddick. Buying Shadow Warrior instead.

#1037 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

There actually seems to be a fairly large catalog of Atari games on GOG. It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up doing a "buy em while you can" sale on GOG just before Atari implodes in July.

I didn't really want to risk it though, so I picked up Riddick right now. I figure if this does end up being the last time it's on sale and it disappears in July, I'd have to pay at least as much to get a copy for my 360. But if it does go on sale again...well, it's only $3.75. I'll make that up with some other deal somewhere down the line.

#1038 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

There actually seems to be a fairly large catalog of Atari games on GOG. It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up doing a "buy em while you can" sale on GOG just before Atari implodes in July.

I didn't really want to risk it though, so I picked up Riddick right now. I figure if this does end up being the last time it's on sale and it disappears in July, I'd have to pay at least as much to get a copy for my 360. But if it does go on sale again...well, it's only $3.75. I'll make that up with some other deal somewhere down the line.

You and I think the same way. I'll be picking it up after a few more go down

#1039 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Man unreal tournament brings back memories. I loved facing worlds. Does anyone still play that game online? How can you tell if anyone still plays old games online? TIA

#1040 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Riddick is tempting with it being pulled from steam and Atari going under....

Holy crap, the game IS gone! >:|

I'm glad I already have it, but dammit Atari! This is like Ghostbusters all over again!

foxhack.jpg

#1041 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Holy crap, the game IS gone! >:|

I'm glad I already have it, but dammit Atari! This is like Ghostbusters all over again!

No need to panic. Riddick is here.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1042 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

On STEAM. Atari has this annoying habit of removing games from Steam and keep them around at other sites (again, Ghostbusters).

I'm well aware that the game is on GOG. I'm a regular at the forum and one of the GOGWiki admins. :P

foxhack.jpg

#1043 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Why would you want it on Steam over GOG though? Steam version has TAGES :-(

#1044 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Why would you want it on Steam over GOG though? Steam version has TAGES :-(

I -already- have the Steam version. :P

I just hate it when games get removed from the store for no reason.

foxhack.jpg

#1045 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles = $4.99
http://www.gog.com/g...86a143b5016901f

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#1046 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Race Driver: GRID is 50% off normal price, or $7.49, for its debut week. As much as I like GOG, GMG has it for $3.74.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#1047 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Race Driver: GRID is 50% off normal price, or $7.49, for its debut week. As much as I like GOG, GMG has it for $3.74.

Not a great price, but it's nice to see it debut on GOG. I hope that means that it will be around for a while. After the TOCA 3 fiasco (getting pulled from GOG) I've been a unsettled toward the long term availability of Codemasters racing games. This was reinforced by Dirt 1 being quietly pulled from steam in the Fall. I really wish they would put games on a Last Chance Sale before they get pulled.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1048 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Steam and GMG are both Steam DRM

Gog's is DRM free. Important factor for many GOG fans.
Posted Image

#1049 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

Steam and GMG are both Steam DRM

Gog's is DRM free. Important factor for many GOG fans.

...and unimportant for others. The GMG site clearly states it requires Steam. I fail to see the problem.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#1050 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Those others have their own threads. GIVE ME DRM FREE! GIVE ME FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

:P

The weekend deal is a ton of Activision games.

http://www.gog.com/p...nd_promo_310513

foxhack.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved