Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: BaGB10 + Preorder Steampunk 3 + ST: Ion Robots Bundle for a $1 each(See OP for listing + 10k posts!)

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
10751 replies to this topic

#1 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Zr5VdiP.png?1

Build a Greenlight Bundle 10

Buy It Here: https://groupees.com/bagb10

Requirements: Must pick 2 games/spend $1.00

Gamelist:

Sometimes Tuesdays: Ion Robots Bundle

Preorder it here: https://groupees.com/tuesday7

Steampunk 3

Preorder it here: https://groupees.com/steampunk3

i3Dtr01.png

Buy It At: 

What is Groupees Spotlight?

Think of it like IGS, they sell one game that is currently on steam greenlight,  for the minimum price of $1, for a limited time period.

Current Game: None

Icon Guide

Spoiler

#2 blitztwn36

blitztwn36

hatersgunnahate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hmm, actually not a bad group of games. I think I'll get in on this one.

#3 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

I absolutely hate when a minimum price is set on a Pay What You Want. This is called Pay a Fucking Minimum or More.

Have every game except one, and I don't think Avernum is worth $4.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

I absolutely hate when a minimum price is set on a Pay What You Want. This is called Pay a Fucking Minimum or More.

Have every game except one, and I don't think Avernum is worth $4.

Yeah I hate that also, I just ignore the whole "Pay What You Want" crap now.
You could just throw down 4 dollars, get the Avernum games and then try to trade the other games/steam codes for other games. Just a suggestion. Groupees always gives you individual steam/desura keys for the games.

#5 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm really curious about this cult masterpiece genre defining game that was released for the PC, Mac and Linux but I'm doubtful they will make the last goal unless they revise their goals.

steam_sig.png

#6 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Decided to bite for Avernum. Loved Avadon, so I should probably give Spiderweb more of my money.

#7 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hmm, still trying to decide if I wanna get in on this bundle. I own the oddworld games as well as Hamilton. I guess I have a bit of interest in Red Orchestra, but clearly the inclusion of the whole second trilogy of Avernum is the real attraction here. That trilogy usually sells for $12 on steam. If that gets a 75% discount during the coming summer sale (hardly a guarantee) then it would come to $3. So the question is, is Red Orchestra worth a buck to me. hmmm.

I think I'll wait until the Summer Sale starts and see what kind of discount these games get. Luckily the bundle is set to run for two weeks. Which means that it'll probably still be running when the summer sale starts.

#8 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm really only interested in Hamilton's Great Adventure, but I'm worried it'll be part of the Steam summer sale.
To each his own.

#9 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

^ This. A thousand times this. I raged a bit when I clicked and saw that. They're deceptive about it too, making you sign up before you get that wonderful little message about the minimum.

#10 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

The minimum is a dollar a game. Anyone not paying that should be ashamed of themselves anyway. I would get the ire if the minimum was $10-15, but it's 4 dollars!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#11 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

wot? i cant pay a penny? NERDRAGE! :-x:censored::bomb::twoguns:

Having said that, they could save themselves a lot of grief if they just were more clear on the $4 minimum point when they make the statement pay what you want.

steam_sig.png

#12 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm really only interested in Hamilton's Great Adventure, but I'm worried it'll be part of the Steam summer sale.

Was $2.50 during previous sales, according to Deals4downloads.com

I've been playing it off and on and have mixed feelings about it. The story is fun, especially if you liked UP!, but the levels basically demand a lot of trial-and-error unless you watch walkthrough videos in advance. I find that kind of gameplay rather aggravating--I hate repeating content over and over because I missed one thing or didn't see that I was supposed to go right and then left instead of up and left, etc.

#13 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

wot? i cant pay a penny? NERDRAGE! :-x:censored::bomb::twoguns:

Having said that, they could save themselves a lot of grief if they just were more clear on the $4 minimum point when they make the statement pay what you want.

Agreed. It's pretty clear when you check threads like this or twitter feeds or other social media, but the site itself doesn't tell you until you try to pay.

#14 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

Good stuff. Just bought the $6 bundle.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#15 vherub

vherub

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'm not sure "pay what you want" implies "no minimum" Seems it would need to explicitly say no minimum. Pay what you want does imply "no maximum" which, this site being cheapassgamer, is kind of an alien concept

#16 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

GARSHASP.

GARSHASP.

http://www.giantbomb...slayer/17-4140/
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Posted Image

Want something really cheap? Try Paradise Seekers, my $1 eBook on Amazon!

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#17 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

Only one I'm after is Avernum but I don't think $4 is what I'm willing to pay for it.

#18 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Only one I'm after is Avernum but I don't think $4 is what I'm willing to pay for it.

:-s If $4 is too much to pay for the three Avernum games (not even considering the other games in the bundle), what kind of price is fair? $1.33 a piece for games you're interested in is a great price. You're paying less than the retail price of a single one of them on Steam and getting all three. I know this is cheapassgamer, but if this isn't cheap enough for you, I don't know what is.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#19 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

If anyone want to donate their Red Orchestra code... PM me :)

#20 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

I wonder what the finale gift is, the one that's a PC classic? Considering how we're already over halfway to 20,000... It's kinda crap to have an arbitrary "Well, if we reach whatever amount we feel like, we'll give you more stuff."

I mean, I guess I feel sure they're going to give something else away, but it would be nice if we could feel some excitement like, "Yeah! We hit 30k! Bring on the bonus!"

#21 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

I wonder what the finale gift is, the one that's a PC classic? Considering how we're already over halfway to 20,000... It's kinda crap to have an arbitrary "Well, if we reach whatever amount we feel like, we'll give you more stuff."

I mean, I guess I feel sure they're going to give something else away, but it would be nice if we could feel some excitement like, "Yeah! We hit 30k! Bring on the bonus!"

I'm guessing "cult classic" and "genre-defining" are pure b.s. hyperbole. Knowing them, it will probably be Minesweeper or something.

logo.png

#22 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

:-s If $4 is too much to pay for the three Avernum games (not even considering the other games in the bundle), what kind of price is fair? $1.33 a piece for games you're interested in is a great price. You're paying less than the retail price of a single one of them on Steam and getting all three. I know this is cheapassgamer, but if this isn't cheap enough for you, I don't know what is.

I'm gonna go with "Free" on this one, for $1000, Alex. :)

I'm guessing "cult classic" and "genre-defining" are pure b.s. hyperbole. Knowing them, it will probably be Minesweeper or something.

Well, you have to admit those terms do apply in that case.

#23 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

On Linux though? How many games outside of stuff that Humble intentionally has to twist the indie devs arms to port really have Linux versions?

Unless they pull a Limbo and just get the dev to throw a WINE wrapper around it and call it good.

steam_sig.png

#24 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

On Linux though? How many games outside of stuff that Humble intentionally has to twist the indie devs arms to port really have Linux versions?

Unless they pull a Limbo and just get the dev to throw a WINE wrapper around it and call it good.

There's no Minesweeper on Linux? In that case, it's high time we stopped pretending it's a valid operating system.

logo.png

#25 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

There's no Minesweeper on Linux? In that case, it's high time we stopped pretending it's a valid operating system.

Apparently, you can in 10, uh easy? steps.

steam_sig.png

#26 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't have a Steam key for Oddworld?

#27 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't have a Steam key for Oddworld?

No problem here.

MARS

#28 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

I just have nothing there. I've got a link to download the game, but no key showing like all the others. I'm trying to find contact info on the website, but it's not super-friendly for that.

#29 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

I paid my 6 bucks! Hooray games!

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#30 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

I don't think it will be arbitrary to the detriment of us. Last time they set pretty ridiculous goals and when they weren't reached they had to backpedal and reduce them for the unlocks. This time I am thinking they will wait and see how fast they get to 20K and then set a realistic goal for the bonus.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free