Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Groupees: CotW: UK [Master Reboot + Ultratron + Home Sheep Home 2 + Gun Monkeys] + Spotlight: Go Go Nippn (See OP)

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
7650 replies to this topic

#1261 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

did they run out of dark lord game keys? i bought two and none of them shows key when i click on the image.

They did.

#1262 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

do they run out of dark lord game keys? i bought two and none of them shows key when i click on the image.

Yes they ran out a day or two ago. They will refill and allocate to those who do not have them before end of the deal (hopefully).
Posted Image

#1263 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Looks like they closed the bundle with about 10 hours left on their countdown... ugh! I was going to buy it tonight... oh well.

#1264 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Thank goodness I didn't wait until the last minute to buy like I've done with several of their recent bundles. I was thinking about picking up a second copy of the $1 tier so I could get some cheap games for my secondary account, but I'll live without that.

Kinda weird that they'd just do that out of the blue like that. Was there any announcements before hand?

#1265 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

I think they posted something on Twitter about it coming to an end soon, but I don't follow them there. They also didn't adjust the countdown. I'm guessing that they might have run out of keys at 25k bundles, but at least announce that on the website, if that's the case! Way to communicate with potential customers, guys...

#1266 toldawg128

toldawg128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Well crap, I was going to get it today. I guess they don't want any more money.

#1267 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

I think they posted something on Twitter about it coming to an end soon, but I don't follow them there. They also didn't adjust the countdown. I'm guessing that they might have run out of keys at 25k bundles, but at least announce that on the website, if that's the case! Way to communicate with potential customers, guys...

They probably announced it in their chat. Groupees is weird like that where they disseminate most of their important info through a chat room on their page.

It's really irksome because it's quite difficult to scroll back through the jibber jabber and find the important stuff but Groupees has this fascination with having direct live contact with a very small subset of their customers rather than actually posting the info somewhere easy to find for everyone else. :-P

steam_sig.png

#1268 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Wish I would have known about the early ending of the sale. I forgot about this for days until this afternoon since I made a mental note it was ending tonight.

I only really wanted The Cat Lady and maybe Edna & Harvey, though.

Edited by inm8num2, 27 February 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#1269 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Balls. I was keeping track of the time left by the countdown and was going to get it when I got home today. Well, I guess that's what I get for not following them on twitter or searching through their chat. Silly me.

I guess it's off to the dark pit of the Steam Trading Thread to wade through the many, many posts of "Have: Paypal, Want: Skyrim $5" in order to find some leftover keys from this bundle.

#1270 Elektr0ns

Elektr0ns

What's next?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

They ran out of keys for GAR....
Posted Image Posted Image

One can not be lost if there is no destination.

#1271 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

So that was a last minute addition? It wasn't there last night when I went to bed. How the hell did they run out of keys for it so fast but they had keys for everything else that has been up for weeks 1-2 weeks?

Have they said if they are going to give keys to those who didn't get one? Because I don't have one in my account.

*Edit: I guess there is some weird shenanigans going on with that game because some people in the Groupees chat said they got Steam keys for it even though it hasn't been Greenlit and isn't on Steam yet.

Also something similar was mentioned on the greenlight page for Galactic Arms Race.

Astral Projection [author] Feb 25, 2013 @ 3:38pm
@Stevo, long story hehe.

Stevoisiak Feb 25, 2013 @ 8:34am
Wait, how did you give steam keys away on Steamgifts if it wasn't greenlit....

steam_sig.png

#1272 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

I won a key for GAR on Steamgifts about a week ago when the developer gave away something like 10k keys. I can confirm that it's on Steam, but there's no store page for it, so you can't actually buy it yet.

I can't believe that's the thing that made them take the bundle down early, ignoring their own countdown. I'd gladly still buy the bundle without that game. I want to give them money, and they don't want to take it!

#1273 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

I bought the bundle fairly early (a day or two in afaik), and I don't have a key (or even a download) under the GAR entry on my purchase page. :hot:

#1274 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

I bought the bundle fairly early (a day or two in afaik), and I don't have a key (or even a download) under the GAR entry on my purchase page. :hot:

Somebody in chat said it's 'coming soon' but it wasn't one of the slugs so I am not taking that as an official word yet.

steam_sig.png

#1275 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

What! how did I miss this. I was going to re-buy two worlds 2 for 5$ :-(
Posted Image

#1276 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

Balls. I was keeping track of the time left by the countdown and was going to get it when I got home today. Well, I guess that's what I get for not following them on twitter or searching through their chat. Silly me.

I guess it's off to the dark pit of the Steam Trading Thread to wade through the many, many posts of "Have: Paypal, Want: Skyrim $5" in order to find some leftover keys from this bundle.

I really only bought the bundle for the Cat Lady, Two Worlds II, and Eschalon Book 2, so if you're looking for some of the other keys, shoot me a PM.

#1277 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

Same, i bought it day 1, seems if you dont redeem the key as soon as it is available, it doesnt matter what order you purchased....

#1278 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

nvm

Edited by smurfinaus, 28 February 2013 - 04:07 AM.

Posted Image

#1279 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Has this been confirmed somewhere? Or is it just speculation?

Because I can't seem to find any concrete info as to why they ended the bundle early.

#1280 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Crap, I was planning to pick this up tonight.

#1281 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

Because I can't seem to find any concrete info as to why they ended the bundle early.

I couldn't find anything official but the timing of this game being added and then the bundle abruptly ending right after would seem to suggest it.

I scrolled through their damned chat a bit and found some other users saying it was due to GAR but I didn't feel like scrolling all night through it to see if I can find some official word from Jonny or the slugs, if there even was any. If someone else wants to try they are welcome to. :-P

steam_sig.png

#1282 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Clearly there is one clear reason: to remind sinners during Lent that Sloth is one of the Seven Deadlys. :lol:

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1283 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Somebody in chat said it's 'coming soon' but it wasn't one of the slugs so I am not taking that as an official word yet.

It would be nice if their system didn't take hours to allocate keys after bonuses are unlocked.

#1284 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Clearly there is one clear reason: to remind sinners during Lent that Sloth is one of the Seven Deadlys. :lol:

You've been playing Party of Sin from the bundle, haven't you?

#1285 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Just speculation. I don't think there was any info about it about it on the chat. All I could find about it is Shifty's last words:

We want to thank everyone for their wonderful support of the Be Mine Anniversary Bundle. As a thank you we added an extra bonus game for everyone who bought the bundle. This is also your last chance to get your hands on it so act fast. Ignore the counter, this sale is about to end.

Ending it early because they ran out of GAR keys makes no sense to me, they could just reorder keys and populate accounts with them later. If there were issues with the game.. they could just pull the game from the bundle. It was a last minute gift to everyone that bought the bundle, not an incentive to buy it..

#1286 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Shifty Slug has shown up. He confirmed that they had to end the bundle early because they only had 25k copies of some of the keys.

haha yeah cause people read all the things we write correct

That's his response to questions as to why they didn't let people know that it was gonna end early. Unbelievable.

And of course, they've got a couple of groupees groupies defending them.

#1287 Deques

Deques

CAG Noob Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Shifty Slug has shown up. He confirmed that they had to end the bundle early because they only had 25k copies of some of the keys.

That's his response to questions as to why they didn't let people know that it was gonna end early. Unbelievable.

Instead of setting a time limit they could set number of bundles limit. Because of that I have missed a quite great bundle :(

#1288 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Seriously? Wow... that's a bit unprofessional. Hopefully the Groupees people learn a lesson about communication from this. It's perfectly reasonable to stop selling the bundle because keys run out, but the right thing to do would have been to change the countdown clock and/or to make a note of this on the bundle page, not to leave potential customers in the dark and frustrated because they felt misled.

#1289 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

I contacted them, and my GAR key promptly appeared in my account.

#1290 CallOfGoaty

CallOfGoaty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

I missed this. Anybody have an extra one of these? Willing to pay with PayPal.

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free