Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
9584 replies to this topic

#931 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it. Oh well...

I love it. La-Mulana is great. Tough going but not so hard that I get frustrated and walk away. Feels like an old counsel game from my youth. My only complaint is how far you have to back-track to heal.

#932 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

La Mulana and Salvation Prophecy are all but certain to get Greenlit. Not entirely sure on the others but Tsel you should come around to the ways of Desura. It's really not bad. ;)

The next bonus is also supposed to have a Mac version FYI.

You sold me. So which of the games are worth getting? I'll probably just end up getting them all in hopes that they all eventually get greenlit.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#933 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I was deluded by I Shall Remain, i'm gonna wait for an update...
Salvation Prophecy it's awesome.

#934 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it. Oh well...

I give a crap! I just haven't had the time to sit down and figure out which games I might actually like. Gonna read a few pages back.

#935 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it.

It's one of their best bundles, if not the best. I think the problem is not as many people care about "greenlight" bundles that don't have any immediate Steam keys attached. That, and Groupees isn't super great at advertising, they never list any of their sub-bundles under their "featured" category on their homepage. When it first went live, the bundle didn't always appear on the homepage, it popped up at random.. you had to click on "More" to get to it. Site has some serious design issues that hold back their advertising.

#936 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Bought 5 bundles for the sole purpose of gifting la-mulana when it gets greenlit :D. Probably one of their best bundles :)

#937 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Bought 5 bundles for the sole purpose of gifting la-mulana when it gets greenlit :D. Probably one of their best bundles :)

I'm actually thinking of stocking up too because you know all the people who are turning their nose up now because of no Steam keys are all going to want cheap La Mulana keys once it gets Greenlit. :-P

steam_sig.png

#938 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, I bought an extra copy of Salvation Prophecy when they had the one game deal on Christmas just so I could get an extra key of SP & La Mulana if they get greenlit.

#939 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'm actually thinking of stocking up too because you know all the people who are turning their nose up now because of no Steam keys are all going to want cheap La Mulana keys once it gets Greenlit. :-P

But what if everyone thinks that way (or it doesn't get greenlit.) ;)

#940 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I dont know anything about these games. Could someone give me their opinion of the best games in the bundle, since I'm not going to get all of them? Thanks.
Posted Image

#941 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I dont know anything about these games. Could someone give me their opinion of the best games in the bundle, since I'm not going to get all of them? Thanks.

It's pretty subjective, but I went for Salvation Prophecy, Wooden Sensey, and Oozi.

Private Infiltrator doesn't look like something that I'd play (in general, I ed up raging at games with the main objective being stealth), I played the Eryi's demo and hated it, while Millennium and Beware don't look like anything special.

Recruits and I Shall Remain look fine, but I'm not all that interested, and it's unlikely that I'll ever get around to playing them, so I didn't bother. I would have gone for Recruits if I had some mates who'd play with me (but we've already got a load of games to play together - and not enough time when we're all available simultaneously.)

#942 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

I haven't seen any recommendations in regards to Beware Planet Earth, one way or another. It seems like fun enough tower defense. Might try it.

I love platformers so I'll be picking up Oozi. The problems that M_F_A_H mentioned scare me off from Wooden Sen'Sey, though.

Salvation Prophecy and I Shall Remain look pretty "meh." from their YouTube videos, but you guys seem to like them? I know TotalBiscuit slammed Salvation Prophecy in the latest TGS podcast.

I was going to try out the Recruits demo before I decided on it, but I have to install the Unreal Development Kit to play??

#943 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Yeap, once it gets greenlit(probably next greenlight batch, this one of the most popular games on greenlight) there will be quite a demand for it. Easy profit :D. Thinking about it now, I think I will pickup a few more copies once they do that thing when you can buy only 1 game.

In other news, really enjoying Private Infiltrator :)

#944 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I love this bundle, but then again I love all Groupees bundles for some reason. I already bought two copies, but I'm curious about what game I would grab if I wanted a third for an extra Mulana key...

In other news, has anyone tried Paranormal from the other bundle yet?

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#945 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

In other news, really enjoying Private Infiltrator :)

Maybe it's my old eyes, but from the trailer this game looks frustratingly dark and confusing. Does it actually play better?

#946 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Millennium Desura keys are up.

steam_sig.png

#947 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Maybe I'll give Ardorlea one last chance...

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#948 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Maybe I'll give Ardorlea one last chance...

Well if you want it on a client this is pretty much the only way because I'm pretty sure it ain't getting Greenlighted. RPG Maker + They didn't post a video = almost no chance.

And Desura almost never has sales because they leave it up to the devs and they always forget about that place.

steam_sig.png

#949 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

It's about fuckin time.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#950 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Another victory for Motoki.

#951 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

It's about fuckin time.

Believe it or not this was actually a lot quicker than it took to get the Dreamscape Desura key. We didn't finally get that one until like two bundles or so after the one it was in. I'm sure I must be on a blacklist at Groupees somewhere for bugging them so much about it.

steam_sig.png

#952 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Akaneiro: Demon Hunters beta extras are up as a direct download.

The package you download includes artwork and videos plus a brief summary of the game. One of the documents in the package states that everyone who bought one of these Groupees bundles will be emailed at the end of it with information on how to get into the game's beta.

There will be no keys because it will be a F2P game upon full release.

steam_sig.png

#953 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'm so happy you decided to come back the day after I admitted my manly love for you on your Steam page, Motoki. When it comes to Groupees bundles, you're like some sort of hound. ;)

My Desura account thanks you immensely for all the effort.

#954 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

With time running out on this bundle, I just want to say that if you've overlooked Beware Planet Earth thus far, it's worth checking out. I just got around to giving it a whirl tonight and it's a pretty solid little tower defense game. Very reminiscent of Plants vs Zombies only with an alien invader theme. If you liked PvZ, you'll probably have some fun with this.

#955 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Bonus is Leisure Suit Larry which I think is pretty damned awesome and almost certainly will get Greenlit.

Looks like it's Fester Mudd plus the OLD Leisure Suit Larry. Damn I wanted the new one. Still not a bad deal free is free.

Jonny said they would extend the time the bundle runs if need be.

#956 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

The old Leisure Suit Harry is awesome. If by new one you mean Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust... I would say that is one of the worst games ever.

edit: Oh, you were expecting for the new one that was kickstarted. Sorry about that x).
That would be awesome indeed.

#957 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Yeah I meant the new new kickstarter one. It's on Greenlight so maybe it will be in a future Greenlight bundle.

#958 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Looks like they did extend the bundle time. Damn good value in this bundle (I bought into everything). Shouldn't have any trouble hitting the new bonus threshold. 4 days, 9 hours to hit 8,750, and already at 8,202. 548 to go. That's only 126/day and 5/hour. :)

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#959 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

They brought back the 1 game minimum for 75 cents if anyone was holding out for that.

Bundle ends in 4 hours though so last chance.

steam_sig.png

#960 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

I'm trying to decide what to get. Was watching the EYRI's youtube and almost pissed myself laughing where she jumps into the hidden block and dies in the chasm. too funny. then it started to get a whole lot less funny and i'm not going to endure that sorry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free